• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Could you consider giving Metagross shift gear or switching out light metal for something else? Between the explosion nerf and the steel nerf and the meteor mash nerf and having a meh stab combination and being weak to common coverage my boy is languishing in RU which feels bad for such a cool psudo legendary.

You could replace light metal (which afaik does literally nothing; still takes full damage from low kick/grass not because of its weight). Neuroforce might be fitting, since its a supercomputer or even bulletproof would help a bit (shadow ball, metagross really hates the psychic typing). Tough claws/sheer force/iron fist all might be a bit op, though honestly ig giving it shift gear would help quite a bit

Clear Body blocks Hammer Arm's speed drop in this hack, so that alone makes Agility sets better. (However, it has no effect on Strength/Curse for some reason, so if 2.0 makes that ability consistently block self-inflicted stat drops (which I really hope for) then that would make Metagross much stronger.)
    But I agree with your point about Light Metal.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Clear Body blocks Hammer Arm's speed drop in this hack, so that alone makes Agility sets better. (However, it has no effect on Strength/Curse for some reason, so if 2.0 makes that ability consistently block self-inflicted stat drops (which I really hope for) then that would make Metagross much stronger.)
    But I agree with your point about Light Metal.
    Unfortunately that's a bug with Hammer Arm which has been fixed. I wouldn't make that change to Clear Body, mostly because of Dragapult (imagine that thing with Draco Meteor that doesn't lower its special attack!).

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    I was up against a Level 55 Moltres for 40-60 minutes, expended 58 ultra balls while it was paralyzed, had red health, and was at -4 attack stages, and not once did it even do 3 dings. Once I ran out and started throwing great balls, it ended up using struggle and killing itself. I think the catch formula is bugged or something. I had also noticed that a lot of common pokemon took more pokeballs than it seemed like they should, under similar conditions.

On another note, giving Flygon access to Flash Cannon would be a nice as an alternative to Steel Wing for special attack builds, giving a good coverage option to deal with fairies.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I was up against a Level 55 Moltres for 40-60 minutes, expended 58 ultra balls while it was paralyzed, had red health, and was at -4 attack stages, and not once did it even do 3 dings. Once I ran out and started throwing great balls, it ended up using struggle and killing itself. I think the catch formula is bugged or something. I had also noticed that a lot of common pokemon took more pokeballs than it seemed like they should, under similar conditions.

On another note, giving Flygon access to Flash Cannon would be a nice as an alternative to Steel Wing for special attack builds, giving a good coverage option to deal with fairies.
    The catch system before gen 5 has half as many rolls to catch as the newer games, so that's what you're seeing there. It needs to be updated, but isn't really a bug, just gen 3 behaviour.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Is there any chance you could give Tyranitar Strong Jaw? I'd like him to be more compelling outside of the sand-setter role, and it seems appropriate for the earth-eating crunch spammer with access to all elemental fangs
    What do you think of Steel/Dragon Aggron w/ 70/110/180/40/80/50 and Heavy Metal swapped to either Bulletproof, Filter, or Thick Fat? Dude already learns Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, Outrage, and has dragon-esque Fire/Electric coverage.

Could Braviary be looked at, as well? Maybe increase Crush Claw to 80bp/100acc and give it Throat Chop? Possibly 100/125/95/45/75/80 or thereabouts?
    I think Delcatty would go well with Serene Grace, Slack Off (because cats are lazy) and a spread like 90/55/75/85/95/100? Could give it Tri Attack for STAB because cats are fickle, or make it fairy w/ Moon Blast to make it a PITA Calm Mind sweeper.
    This might already be in-game (I haven't checked, sorry, it just came to me) but the docs don't mention Forretress receiving Iron Head which it doesn't learn in vanilla for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    is the standard version, like in your other hacks, still a thing?
    It's something I'd like to do at some point, probably after the frontier. It's a lot of work scrubbing out all the Pokémon changes, so it depends on whether or not I have the time and motivation to do it.
    Is there any chance you could give Tyranitar Strong Jaw? I'd like him to be more compelling outside of the sand-setter role, and it seems appropriate for the earth-eating crunch spammer with access to all elemental fangs
    What do you think of Steel/Dragon Aggron w/ 70/110/180/40/80/50 and Heavy Metal swapped to either Bulletproof, Filter, or Thick Fat? Dude already learns Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, Outrage, and has dragon-esque Fire/Electric coverage.

Could Braviary be looked at, as well? Maybe increase Crush Claw to 80bp/100acc and give it Throat Chop? Possibly 100/125/95/45/75/80 or thereabouts?
    I think Delcatty would go well with Serene Grace, Slack Off (because cats are lazy) and a spread like 90/55/75/85/95/100? Could give it Tri Attack for STAB because cats are fickle, or make it fairy w/ Moon Blast to make it a PITA Calm Mind sweeper.
    This might already be in-game (I haven't checked, sorry, it just came to me) but the docs don't mention Forretress receiving Iron Head which it doesn't learn in vanilla for some reason.
    I'm not feeling the Tyranitar and Aggron changes; Tyranitar is very strong already, and I wouldn't remove STAB Head Smash from Aggron. Aggron will be getting some more buffs in the next version, though!
    I assume you're wanting more Sheer Force moves for Braviary? It's already got Body Slam to cover that, but I like the Throat Chop suggestion.
    Delcatty's getting a reworked Normalise:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Gyro Ball is mostly better for Forretress but it is weird that it doesn't get Iron Head, might fix that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I'm not feeling the Tyranitar and Aggron changes; Tyranitar is very strong already, and I wouldn't remove STAB Head Smash from Aggron.

Gotcha, I fully understand. I had to at least try to get some favoritism for my boys.

I assume you're wanting more Sheer Force moves for Braviary?

Pretty much, yeah. I actually didn't notice you gave it Body Slam. I didn't see it in the docs, and Gamefreak only gave it Crush Claw until SV! That's a terrible habit of theirs, giving an ability to pokemon without giving them a decent way to use it.

I was also trying to think of possible ideas for sheer-force compatible physical Flying, Dragon and Ground moves so that Braviary, Steelix, Druddigon, could run all of their respective STABs off their only attacking stat without taking LO damage, but I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't end up being abused by M-Salamence or Nidoking. Fighting is in a similar SF drought, but at least Hariyama and Conkeldurr both have 2 other great abilities.

Gyro Ball is mostly better for Forretress but it is weird that it doesn't get Iron Head, might fix that.

Yeah Game Freak is full of weird omissions like that. You've already covered most of the ones I know of, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Pretty much, yeah. I actually didn't notice you gave it Body Slam. I didn't see it in the docs, and Gamefreak only gave it Crush Claw until SV! That's a terrible habit of theirs, giving an ability to pokemon without giving them a decent way to use it.
    A lot of the tutor move additions are undocumented because there are thousands of them - too many to document! Old tutor moves like Body Slam had no compatibility data for newer mons, so I had to guess which mons would learn them if they could. Nice to see Body Slam Braviary was a good guess at least.
    I was also trying to think of possible ideas for sheer-force compatible physical Flying, Dragon and Ground moves so that Braviary, Steelix, Druddigon, could run all of their respective STABs off their only attacking stat without taking LO damage, but I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't end up being abused by M-Salamence or Nidoking. Fighting is in a similar SF drought, but at least Hariyama and Conkeldurr both have 2 other great abilities.
    I actually gave Druddigon Dragon Rush just for that! There's not much for Ground or Flying though; I think it's just Bulldoze or Sky Attack. The fighting types at least have lots of boosted coverage moves to use!

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Delcatty's getting a reworked Normalise:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

That reworked Normalise looks very interesting. The prospect of being able to build a team around one of the most underwhelming Pokemon of all time is very exciting to me.

The first synergy that comes to mind is pairing it in doubles with users of Body Press like Avalugg or Cotton Guard Furfrou (effectively gets 3 bulk ups each turn, with decent speed to boot, and an 80 power move that's always super-effective). Not getting walled by ghosts and not having to run coverage moves that run off attack would be a huge upgrade.

Btw, does the new Normalise activate only on switching in (like Intimidate or drought) or does it stay active while Delcatty's on the field and affect Pokemon that switch in afterwards (like Pressure or Dark Aura)? Would Protean/Libero users be able to change their type to get STAB on fighting moves while Normalise is in effect?

Shedinja might also make an interesting partner, with it only being wary of fighting moves (and the usual 999 sources of passive damage that ohko it).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    That reworked Normalise looks very interesting. The prospect of being able to build a team around one of the most underwhelming Pokemon of all time is very exciting to me.

The first synergy that comes to mind is pairing it in doubles with users of Body Press like Avalugg or Cotton Guard Furfrou (effectively gets 3 bulk ups each turn, with decent speed to boot, and an 80 power move that's always super-effective). Not getting walled by ghosts and not having to run coverage moves that run off attack would be a huge upgrade.

Btw, does the new Normalise activate only on switching in (like Intimidate or drought) or does it stay active while Delcatty's on the field and affect Pokemon that switch in afterwards (like Pressure or Dark Aura)? Would Protean/Libero users be able to change their type to get STAB on fighting moves while Normalise is in effect?

Shedinja might also make an interesting partner, with it only being wary of fighting moves (and the usual 999 sources of passive damage that ohko it).
    Thanks! It activates only on switching in, so Protean users can switch type as usual. There are a lot of ways to abuse it in doubles; you could use it like a discount Tera Normal for Delcatty's ally, pair Delcatty with a shadow tag user and then switch it out to a fighting type, or just remove some annoying resistances for your team.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    Just made an account to come in and say I'm a fan, and am excited waiting for the next release. Good luck working on it!

Years
  • My guy, any chance giving the gen6 starters an actual mega since it was introduced n was hinted in gen4. An update for gen8 if possible, and the options of Custom Game in Incliment Emerald. This would make randomizers more fun.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just made an account to come in and say I'm a fan, and am excited waiting for the next release. Good luck working on it!
    Thanks!
    My guy, any chance giving the gen6 starters an actual mega since it was introduced n was hinted in gen4. An update for gen8 if possible, and the options of Custom Game in Incliment Emerald. This would make randomizers more fun.
    I won't be adding any more starter megas. As the first post says gen 8 is being worked on! Not sure what you want from custom game options but I'm not really interested in randomisers, so that's probably not going to happen.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Quick question: If I have a save from the current version, and then later on I update my game with the next release will the save still be compatible? Or should I hold on until next release, because I really want to play with some gen 8 mons, which I see are coming next, but I don't know if I should wait to start my playthrough.

Back