• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    if you'd like help setting up the discord feel free to shoot me a dm, love the hack

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    if you'd like help setting up the discord feel free to shoot me a dm, love the hack
    Thanks! Will take you up on that on if I run into any issues.

Just uploaded version 1.1.1, which will hopefully be the last fix to base stats for a while. Sorry for the constant updates, they should slow down soon once all the obvious mistakes are fixed!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Btw, just my two cents about "standard" version:

I think what are you planning for the future is way more interesting that making a Standard version, and therefore taking time from those new features to put it on Standard. It seems a bit of wasting time and knowledge imo.

But! If you really want to do a Standard version, there is a niche a pretty unexplored by the scene: Making a classic emerald with all those new features put on IE. Just picking only gen 1-3 mons, and using them. Maybe without PSS to make it even more classic? Hacks without PSS are super scare nowadays, and those that applay it, usually left trainers and challenge almost untouched, which IMO is a waste of time and effort (on which trainer are going to use those mons, if there is only Poochyenas everywhere? lol) That would be both a very standard version, but still using a lot of your things (I really don't think removing tutors would be a good idea for example) in a classic way, which isn't common here.

Just my thoughts about it. Damn, this really looks promising

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Btw, just my two cents about "standard" version:

I think what are you planning for the future is way more interesting that making a Standard version, and therefore taking time from those new features to put it on Standard. It seems a bit of wasting time and knowledge imo.

But! If you really want to do a Standard version, there is a niche a pretty unexplored by the scene: Making a classic emerald with all those new features put on IE. Just picking only gen 1-3 mons, and using them. Maybe without PSS to make it even more classic? Hacks without PSS are super scare nowadays, and those that applay it, usually left trainers and challenge almost untouched, which IMO is a waste of time and effort (on which trainer are going to use those mons, if there is only Poochyenas everywhere? lol) That would be both a very standard version, but still using a lot of your things (I really don't think removing tutors would be a good idea for example) in a classic way, which isn't common here.

Just my thoughts about it. Damn, this really looks promising
    Thanks for your input! I won't go that far with the standard version I think; I want it to be as similar to the rebalanced version as possible, so that they can be built from the same source code. My current system for building the two versions is fairly simple, but takes a lot of time to setup. Basically the code is full of sections that say "if rebalanced version, do this, else do standard version". It's all done for base stats, but needs to be applied to trainers and level up movesets (maybe tutors too, but I don't think that will be feasible, at least for now). As I'll have to revisit all the trainers when gen 8 is added, I figured that would be the best time to set up the trainer data for the standard version as I can do both at once.

The main thing I want it do is deliver a modern Battle Frontier (seeing as Game Freak doesn't want to), so I definitely want to keep all the new mons and mechanics in it.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Really love your hack, I'd choose strong jaw totodile as a starter, lol.

Btw, how can I disable auto-run?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Really love your hack, I'd choose strong jaw totodile as a starter, lol.

Btw, how can I disable auto-run?
    Thanks! Totodile should be pretty good. There's no way to disable it at the moment, you just have to hold B to walk.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    Just wanted to say I'm loving this hack so far. It's difficult in the best way possible, where I do have the tools at my disposal for success but have to change my way of thinking for difficult battles. Roxanne definitely surprised me. Also I was wondering how to evolve pikachu into alolan raichu, I didn't see anything about it in the docs.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Thanks for your input! I won't go that far with the standard version I think; I want it to be as similar to the rebalanced version as possible, so that they can be built from the same source code. My current system for building the two versions is fairly simple, but takes a lot of time to setup. Basically the code is full of sections that say "if rebalanced version, do this, else do standard version". It's all done for base stats, but needs to be applied to trainers and level up movesets (maybe tutors too, but I don't think that will be feasible, at least for now). As I'll have to revisit all the trainers when gen 8 is added, I figured that would be the best time to set up the trainer data for the standard version as I can do both at once.

The main thing I want it do is deliver a modern Battle Frontier (seeing as Game Freak doesn't want to), so I definitely want to keep all the new mons and mechanics in it.

Well that's a really good idea too: Battle Frontier usually is left untouched on every hack as far as I know, so a new vision it would be super nice to watch. Hope you can keep up the spirit and while making progress, AND having fun doing it. Eternal X and Prismatic Moon were awesome hacks :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just wanted to say I'm loving this hack so far. It's difficult in the best way possible, where I do have the tools at my disposal for success but have to change my way of thinking for difficult battles. Roxanne definitely surprised me. Also I was wondering how to evolve pikachu into alolan raichu, I didn't see anything about it in the docs.
    Thanks! Good to hear that about the difficulty, that's what I was aiming for! For now there's no way to evolve regular mons into their Alolan forms, so the only way to get Alolan Raichu, Cubone and Exeggutor is at the game corner. In future versions I'd like to add some way to travel to part of Alola so you can evolve them there, but I guess I could add a temporary method if people would rather train them from their base forms.
    Well that's a really good idea too: Battle Frontier usually is left untouched on every hack as far as I know, so a new vision it would be super nice to watch. Hope you can keep up the spirit and while making progress, AND having fun doing it. Eternal X and Prismatic Moon were awesome hacks :D
    I'll definitely try my my best, still having fun so far!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Have you considered upping the shiny rate at all? Might be fun to at least up it to gen 6+ chances so they're a liiiittle bit more common. Would be cool if it was even higher, like 1/1024.. Or 1/512 like Drayano did with Ren Plat. Just would be nice to see one every once in awhile (yet still not often) rather than "basically never" since other shiny hunting options with raised odds (like SOS and dexnav chaining) don't exist, and it seems like Masuda Method breeding isn't really plausible due to lack of trading capabilities/foreign dittos.

Side note, I'm on attempt 3 after wiping once to Tabitha and again to Roxanne haha. That Anorith is scary. Got past her without issue this time though and I have a (maybe slightly broken) Quiver Dance/Draining Kiss Lilligant with a Big Root for Brawly so this run is looking promising.. so long as I can remember the admin fights oop. Really loving Chespin as a starter so far (Sturdy+Shell Smash seems incredibly solid) but playing with Oshawott this time!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Have you considered upping the shiny rate at all? Might be fun to at least up it to gen 6+ chances so they're a liiiittle bit more common. Would be cool if it was even higher, like 1/1024.. Or 1/512 like Drayano did with Ren Plat. Just would be nice to see one every once in awhile (yet still not often) rather than "basically never" since other shiny hunting options with raised odds (like SOS and dexnav chaining) don't exist, and it seems like Masuda Method breeding isn't really plausible due to lack of trading capabilities/foreign dittos.

Side note, I'm on attempt 3 after wiping once to Tabitha and again to Roxanne haha. That Anorith is scary. Got past her without issue this time though and I have a (maybe slightly broken) Quiver Dance/Draining Kiss Lilligant with a Big Root for Brawly so this run is looking promising.. so long as I can remember the admin fights oop. Really loving Chespin as a starter so far (Sturdy+Shell Smash seems incredibly solid) but playing with Oshawott this time!
    Yeah a higher shiny rate's on the cards at some point. Only reason it's not done already is that last time I changed it, it made some sprites that shouldn't be shiny shiny (like the starter selection ones). That was a while ago though, so I think it's probably not an issue any more.

Oh you're doing a nuzlocke run? Good luck! There are some nasty surprises later on, especially in the Magma Hideout and Seafloor Cavern. Lilligant's very broken early on, especially if it can land its Sleep Powders.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Yeah a higher shiny rate's on the cards at some point. Only reason it's not done already is that last time I changed it, it made some sprites that shouldn't be shiny shiny (like the starter selection ones). That was a while ago though, so I think it's probably not an issue any more.

Oh you're doing a nuzlocke run? Good luck! There are some nasty surprises later on, especially in the Magma Hideout and Seafloor Cavern. Lilligant's very broken early on, especially if it can land its Sleep Powders.

Ahh, thats odd but hopefully that was fixed yeah.
    And yep, I'm trying to nuzlocke challenge mode so I'm in for some pain haha. Hopefully I can handle Wattson alright given my current lack of a ground type... Might have to snag a Mudkip or Cyndaquil at the game corner to stand a change. Or maybe a Turtwig... Last time I had a very nice Gastrodon help pave the way but wasn't so lucky this run sadly.

Also, maybe give Dewott and Samurott access to the Brick Break TM? Shouldn't be a problem for too much longer since Samurott gets Sacred Sword by relearn, but would be nice stab for between brawly and wattson.
    Edit: And/or maybe Low Sweep? Also Cut for Mawile would be nice early stab, but maybe a bit strong since funny Huge Power hah.

And I noticed you gave Quilladin Needle Arm via evolve. Not complaining about my boy getting a 90bp stab grass move for Roxanne, but seemed a liiiitle bit strong for that early and wasn't sure if that was intentional so thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't haha.

And the sandy spots on route 109 where you normally can get things like Sandygast might be broken- they just vanish when I interact with them, rather than proc'ing a pokemon battle. Not sure if its guaranteed to get a mon or not though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ahh, thats odd but hopefully that was fixed yeah.
    And yep, I'm trying to nuzlocke challenge mode so I'm in for some pain haha. Hopefully I can handle Wattson alright given my current lack of a ground type... Might have to snag a Mudkip or Cyndaquil at the game corner to stand a change. Or maybe a Turtwig... Last time I had a very nice Gastrodon help pave the way but wasn't so lucky this run sadly.

Also, maybe give Dewott and Samurott access to the Brick Break TM? Shouldn't be a problem for too much longer since Samurott gets Sacred Sword by relearn, but would be nice stab for between brawly and wattson.

And I noticed you gave Quilladin Needle Arm via evolve. Not complaining about my boy getting a 90bp stab grass move for Roxanne, but seemed a liiiitle bit strong for that early and wasn't sure if that was intentional so thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't haha.

And the sandy spots on route 109 where you normally can get things like Sandygast might be broken- they just vanish when I interact with them, rather than proc'ing a pokemon battle. Not sure if its guaranteed to get a mon or not though.
    That's going to be interesting lol.

That seems reasonable, it's odd that they don't already get Brick Break. I guess I forgot I'd buffed Needle Arm when I made that change, that's definitely a bit broken! Bullet Seed should be plenty for that point in the game, will fix it.

The sandy spots seem to be ok on my end, but I think I've seen them do that before - it's one of those annoying "only happens sometimes" bugs. They might be working if you head back there; a Sandygast or a Pyukumuku for the trade Happiny would be good for Wattson.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • This looks awesome and i want to play it. Can someone please help me on how can I patch this in my phone though? I saw that the format of the file is xdelta and patched it but its not going through. I believe that the emu that I'm using only supports ips/ups files. I will really appreciate it! I'm using myboy app if that matters btw

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So i reached watson having lots of fun but noticed that the absorption item like in my case absorb bulb dont work. tried to use them against watson to have an easier time beated him but realized that little issue. not sure if snowball and cellbattery also have that issue aswell but just wanted to report it. Excited for the later patches with gen 8 and what buffs and type changes you bring to the table for some of those mons. Overall really fun hack and excited to complete it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    Huh, interesting thing I noticed in Seaspray Cave: There's an item in this rock, but you can only obtain it from this spot below the cliff, rather than any of the adjacent tiles further up next to the rock.
    ugatH3l.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This looks awesome and i want to play it. Can someone please help me on how can I patch this in my phone though? I saw that the format of the file is xdelta and patched it but its not going through. I believe that the emu that I'm using only supports ips/ups files. I will really appreciate it! I'm using myboy app if that matters btw
    Thanks! I'd suggest getting UniPatcher off the app store, using that to patch an Emerald ROM, and then loading the patched ROM in myboy.
    So i reached watson having lots of fun but noticed that the absorption item like in my case absorb bulb dont work. tried to use them against watson to have an easier time beated him but realized that little issue. not sure if snowball and cellbattery also have that issue aswell but just wanted to report it. Excited for the later patches with gen 8 and what buffs and type changes you bring to the table for some of those mons. Overall really fun hack and excited to complete it.
    Glad you're having fun! The absorb bulb seems to be working:
    uoMk9wI.gif

Could you please provide some more information? Which Pokémon was holding the bulb, and what move was it hit by?
    Gen 8 buffs will be fun, lots of great mons in that gen!

Huh, interesting thing I noticed in Seaspray Cave: There's an item in this rock, but you can only obtain it from this spot below the cliff, rather than any of the adjacent tiles further up next to the rock.
    ugatH3l.png
    Oh lmao that's interesting, good catch. I think the item's height is set to the wrong value. Thanks for letting me know!

Back