• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    -If not, I see the trainer rosters are in the github, but I'm a bit confused about the levels. It shows things like level -3 or level 1 for every pokemon in the page, so I have no idea what levels to anticipate with opposing trainers. A bit difficult to HC Nuzlocke when you don't know what levels to anticipate

The game goes on a sliding level scale based off your own party. The levels you see in the github are based off your highest party member (example, -3 will always be 3 levels below your highest. 1 will always be one level above your highest. 0 will be the same level as your highest.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2022
    Idk if it's a glitch but there's no rain badge option on tutor in the pokecenter so far the only thing the rain badge unlocked that I seen is waterfall

Years
    • Seen today
    Just a small nitpick, if you whiteout your vial charges do not recharge.

Apart from that, not really a problem but I think that Auto-Run should be optional. Maybe it can be activated by pressing L+R or something similar. It sometimes comes in handy, but sometimes is just not what you would want.

EDIT: Found I new one, I think... giving EXP Share to a mon halves their EXP if they battle with it. I was trying to level up my krabby, which for some reason always got very little EXP. Turns out it was the item all along.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    i tried doing the spiritomb event in 1.21 but it still freezes after i throw the stone in.

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • 10 minutes in and I already can tell this is one with a lot of work and dedication into.

Will be spending so, so much time in this, calling it. Thanks for this little gem.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    This looks really cool! I've been anticipating a comprehensive Emerald decomp hack since the pret guys finished pokeemerald, and Inclement looks like it's exactly that. I think I'm going to try to exercise some self-control and wait to play it until the Battle Frontier is implemented, since that's probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most (no rush, I know it'll take some time).

Regarding the Delcatty dilemma I'm with you: I think it should stay a Normal type with Normalize since that's the most unique thing about it. I'm sure there's another way to balance it.

I'm definitely gonna poke around the source code when I get the chance and take a look at how you programmed the AI. Making an Emerald decomp hack with a really robust enemy AI is a longstanding goal of mine, although I don't know if I'll ever actually have the time to get around to it. Mind if I ask you questions about how you approached the AI programming every once in a while, and use Inclement for inspiration if I ever get around to making my own hack?

Thanks for making this! It's always such a huge gift to the community when a creator puts their time and energy into making an incredible hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ii think i found the answer , my Frogadier is a level higher than my Jolteon . But even then , without training band , the exp gain still seems a bit slow , even when it evolved into a Greninja

Also Got a suggestion , though . Probably change Raichu's type into Electric/Fire ( referencing Gorochu's fiery crimson color ) and make it more physical oriented rather than Alolan version ? Because it seems that Raichu kinda felt left out.
    I've just had a look around in the code that handles experience and there are definitely some problems in there, thanks for bringing this up! Raichu could probably use some more love but I'm not sure about the fire typing!
    Well, it seems I screwed up my save. I tried to use the time/date change of the laptop to get the bottle caps in the Game Corner, but I accidently deleted the backup save, and it seems you can't grow berries (and taking a guess, evolve pokemon that need certain time) if you return back to the current date.
    That will eventually correct itself; the time based evolutions should still work, but the berries and some events may not work for a while.
    If you don't mind a suggestion, making exeggcute evolve into Alolan exeggutor with a sun stone and cubone evolve into alolan marowak either with a fire/moon stone or maybe by hitting the evolution level at night, those could be solid, flavorful options for implementing those evos.
    I think something like that is a good idea, those seem like fitting methods too. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Hello guys. I was wondering when gen 8 Pokemon is added to Inclement Emerald, I was wondering if the storage pc boxes will be expanded to 25? That way, I can easily store all 898 pokemon in them.
    Hey, I'm not planning to do that at this stage as I want to keep current saves compatible with future versions, and changing the PC size will prevent that. It might be something to try much further down the road though!
    When i try to run this game a white screen appears & it doesn't start, I'm using My Boy Emulator tho
    I haven't tested with my boy, you could try re-patching the ROM or a different emulator. Hard to say what the problem is.
    Thanks for being great with responding to comments OP! Excited to play your hack
    No problem! Hope you enjoy it!
    Hey there! A few questions if it's alright:
    -Are there plans to make the auto-run a setting that can be disabled? In most roms, I typically play with the speed button on, but not running, so the forced auto-run either means I'm running into walls constantly, or I now have to hold down the run button in order to walk normally - both pretty much the opposite of the gained QOL the feature intends.
    -Are there plans for a document detailing trainer rosters?
    -If not, I see the trainer rosters are in the github, but I'm a bit confused about the levels. It shows things like level -3 or level 1 for every pokemon in the page, so I have no idea what levels to anticipate with opposing trainers. A bit difficult to HC Nuzlocke when you don't know what levels to anticipate
    -On that note, are there plans to make the exp share something you can disable? Again, for HC nuzlocke purposes, it makes EXP management pretty difficult.
    Hey!
    - Yes, that'll be made into a toggle some time soonish. Personally I don't like designing the game around fast forward, but there's no harm in making that change!
    - Yep, that'll be done when gen 8 mons are added. Jk's explained how the levels work nicely.
    - There are no plans to make the exp all togglable, though I am going to implement level caps for the linear half of the game (everything up to Norman) to make exp management easy.
    Idk if it's a glitch but there's no rain badge option on tutor in the pokecenter so far the only thing the rain badge unlocked that I seen is waterfall
    Yeah, there are no more tutor moves to unlock at that point. I figured people would rather have more time to play around with the strongest tutor moves than get another set to unlock!
    Just a small nitpick, if you whiteout your vial charges do not recharge.

Apart from that, not really a problem but I think that Auto-Run should be optional. Maybe it can be activated by pressing L+R or something similar. It sometimes comes in handy, but sometimes is just not what you would want.

EDIT: Found I new one, I think... giving EXP Share to a mon halves their EXP if they battle with it. I was trying to level up my krabby, which for some reason always got very little EXP. Turns out it was the item all along.
    Mm I'll fix that issue with the vial, sounds annoying! Thanks for bringing it up.
    I think what I'll do with auto run is just have the B button toggle between running and walking, so there's never any need to hold it. I don't think there are any scenarios where that'd be annoying but feel free to correct me!
    I've just had a look at the experience code and that is definitely what's happening, along with some other problems; experience gain is supposed to be a bit higher than it is now. I'll get that fixed in the next release.
    i tried doing the spiritomb event in 1.21 but it still freezes after i throw the stone in.
    Ah sorry about that, and thanks for letting me know. I'll take another look at it.
    10 minutes in and I already can tell this is one with a lot of work and dedication into.

Will be spending so, so much time in this, calling it. Thanks for this little gem.
    Thanks! I've definitely put a lot of time into it so far. Hope you have fun with it!
    im getting a game crash on wattson whenever his magneton uses electric terrain
    Please update to the latest version! This is a known bug in some versions before 1.2.1, and is now fixed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Having a blast with the game so far. I really enjoyed your Eternal X Insanity mod, so I was stoked when I found out that you were working on a new hack.
    Haven't found this mentioned in known bugs.
    -When I was fighting my rival, she used U-turn on my Dartrix that had a Eviolite, and my held item disappeared. It didn't return after the battle, so my item was gone forever. I'd reset the game and equipped a different item, and the same thing happens. I ended up having to do the battle with no held items.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Having a blast with the game so far. I really enjoyed your Eternal X Insanity mod, so I was stoked when I found out that you were working on a new hack.
    Haven't found this mentioned in known bugs.
    -When I was fighting my rival, she used U-turn on my Dartrix that had a Eviolite, and my held item disappeared. It didn't return after the battle, so my item was gone forever. I'd reset the game and equipped a different item, and the same thing happens. I ended up having to do the battle with no held items.
    Thanks! Did your Dartrix use Pluck at any point in the battle? That and Bug Bite were destroying the user's held items, hopefully U-turn isn't doing the same thing. Should be "fixed" in version 1.2.1 though. I'll take a look!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Shoot, I guess Pluck must be the issue then. Because her Tsareena U-turns into her Combusken as I select pluck. It had a berry, so that's what messing things up. I play the game mostly sped up, so I end up missing that. My bad.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Shoot, I guess Pluck must be the issue then. Because her Tsareena U-turns into her Combusken as I select pluck. It had a berry, so that's what messing things up. I play the game mostly sped up, so I end up missing that. My bad.
    Ah that'll definitely be the cause. Thanks for telling me anyway, better that I can check anything that might be a bug so it can be fixed!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Any cheats for this game? Seems like the pokemon emerald cheats don't work for it
    No cheats yet. Vanilla cheats definitely won't work.
    I can't wait for the battle frontier :D
    I'm looking forward to working on it! Got plenty of fixing to do first though.
    Sorry if this has been asked before but can the Starter Pokémon have their hidden abilities?
    Not when you get them from Birch, but you can use an Ability Patch on them later.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    Hey man great rom having fun but having a weird bug, stomping tantrum just freezes the game for me, no other attack so far does this or has happe anywhere else, don't know if it's a known problem or not but just here to report it.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Hey Buffel, I think i've found another bug. I use Florges with Misty Surge on my team but even my grounded pokemons can still get affected by status effects, same for the opposing team. It might be a bit of a stretch but could this happen because my Florges is shiny?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey man great rom having fun but having a weird bug, stomping tantrum just freezes the game for me, no other attack so far does this or has happe anywhere else, don't know if it's a known problem or not but just here to report it.
    Hey, thanks! That's been fixed in the latest version, it was a bug that affected some other moves too. Please update your ROM!
    Hey Buffel, I think i've found another bug. I use Florges with Misty Surge on my team but even my grounded pokemons can still get affected by status effects, same for the opposing team. It might be a bit of a stretch but could this happen because my Florges is shiny?
    Hey, that's a bug with the battle engine - I think electric terrain has similar issues. There's a fix in progress for it so hopefully it'll be resolved soon!

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Hey can you guys help me find the coin case?? The lady that gives it out doesn't seem to have it…

Back