• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I tried leveling Rockruff around 5-6 pm for Dusk Lycanroc but it always evolves into Midday.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey Buffel, there's a bug where sableye gets hit by normal type moves

I can think of four possibilities ;
    Either your opponent had Scrappy , you fight in Inverse Battle , your opponent use foresight or Odor Sleuth , or it was actually a bug by Sableye gets hit by normal type outside of those three conditions.

Years
    • Seen today
    Wow I just got my first wild full odds shiny ever, in 15-16 years of playing Pokémon. It's a Noibat. Welp, that's cool.

Also, good job on the update. EXP gain now works as it should with the EXP Share.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2022
    I noticed that Cut on Bayleaf couldn't be forgotten for Ancientpower on the evolve screen, yet it works in the overworld. It's not a big deal due to the move-relearner at every Center, but it seems like a bug to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    I can think of four possibilities ;
    Either your opponent had Scrappy , you fight in Inverse Battle , your opponent use foresight or Odor Sleuth , or it was actually a bug by Sableye gets hit by normal type outside of those three conditions.

Hmm, didn't think of the scrappy ability. But , golem doesn't have that ability. I'm blanking out on the other normal type pokemon/moves he got hit by.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Yes that'll definitely be done at some point! I think there's one on the discord for now though.

Thanks for that. Found it 👍

There seems to be a bug on the new version. I can't enter Ember Path anymore.
    I can go as far as the entrance, but then I get stuck in place (1st tile in front of the door). It's like there's something invisible blocking my way.
    I had to revert back to 1.2.1 to continue exploring it. Other than that, everything seems fine.
    Enjoying the new features. Thanks for removing the badge requirement for Fly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I tried leveling Rockruff around 5-6 pm for Dusk Lycanroc but it always evolves into Midday.
    Check the time on the clock in Littleroot; the game time is whatever that's set to and that's what matters for evolutions. I've just tested and it's definitely working.
    Buffle san how can i evolve charjabug?
    Check the docs!
    Wow I just got my first wild full odds shiny ever, in 15-16 years of playing Pokémon. It's a Noibat. Welp, that's cool.

Also, good job on the update. EXP gain now works as it should with the EXP Share.
    Congrats! And thanks, it's nice to have a (kinda) functional experience system.
    I noticed that Cut on Bayleaf couldn't be forgotten for Ancientpower on the evolve screen, yet it works in the overworld. It's not a big deal due to the move-relearner at every Center, but it seems like a bug to me.
    Yeah, the HM nonsense gets checked in a lot of places, guess I missed one! Definitely a bug.
    Hmm, didn't think of the scrappy ability. But , golem doesn't have that ability. I'm blanking out on the other normal type pokemon/moves he got hit by.
    Was it an Alolan Golem with Galvanize?
    Thanks for that. Found it 👍

There seems to be a bug on the new version. I can't enter Ember Path anymore.
    I can go as far as the entrance, but then I get stuck in place (1st tile in front of the door). It's like there's something invisible blocking my way.
    I had to revert back to 1.2.1 to continue exploring it. Other than that, everything seems fine.
    Enjoying the new features. Thanks for removing the badge requirement for Fly.
    Ah I see the problem, the movement permissions for the entrance area are wrong.
    No problem! It's nice not having to backtrack all the time early on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Ah I see the problem, the movement permissions for the entrance area are wrong.
    No problem! It's nice not having to backtrack all the time early on.

Ah, I'm glad you figured it out.

Definitely, I've been running around Hoenn like crazy to plant and pick my berries everywhere 😂 This QoL change deserves a prize.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Check the time on the clock in Littleroot; the game time is whatever that's set to and that's what matters for evolutions. I've just tested and it's definitely working.

Weird, RTC time is stuck an hour behind my pc time for some reason. I manually changed the pc time to 6PM and Dusk worked.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Weird, RTC time is stuck an hour behind my pc time for some reason. I manually changed the pc time to 6PM and Dusk worked.
    Mine's out by about 12 hours somehow haha. I'm not sure what causes the desync, but I think it might be something to do with the emulator speed up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    Found a bug, I think. I was picking berries outside Rustboro to the south when the "A Pokemon was feeding on the berries!" text popped up, but then the textbox cleared and it let me press A to try and pick them again, without an encounter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Found a bug, I think. I was picking berries outside Rustboro to the south when the "A Pokemon was feeding on the berries!" text popped up, but then the textbox cleared and it let me press A to try and pick them again, without an encounter.
    Ah I was waiting for someone to run into this. This is what used to freeze the game when getting berry encounters, so at least the freeze is fixed and it's just a text bug now.

Do you know what your lead Pokemon was when the glitch happened? I've been trying to track down the cause of this for a while, but it's a tricky one so any more information you can provide would be very helpful (if you don't mind of course).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've just uploaded version 1.3.1, which fixes a few bugs:
    Spoiler:
    Next version will be some QoL improvements and trainer buffs (some of them seem to be easy), with things like more repeatable Bottle Cap sources and a much earlier Lucky Egg.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    hello :) i have a question , i mostly play on mobile. is there a android emulator that works fine with this hack ? or do i need to play it over retroarch with mgba ?

Years
    • Seen today
    Has the level cap been tested enough? I'm stuck in the second gym and I literally get out sped every time, and if I'm not, I get one-shotted by many of the leader Pokémon, specially Hariyama and it's arm thrust.

I think lvl 25 it's too low, specially when you can't properly EV train at all (since money may not be enough to buy the bands, and EV-reducing berries are not fully available) and when the gym leader mons are tanky as hell.

I obviously use a full lvl 25 team. I think my only solution to get out is to farm some super-effective mons and do a full team of them. And even then, I'm not entirely sure that I would win, since nearly all the leader mons have counter moves to their weakness.

Not really enjoyable, imho. The level cap should be around 2-5 levels up, enough to get many mons the stats needed to 1v1 tanky opponents like Hariyama.

Now, on the other hand, a few QoL suggestions. I know there's a NPC with which you can see the IVs / EVs of your Pokémon. However, there was a code made by someone in this forum where you could push start or select in the summary screen where the mon stats are and EVs would show up. Pushing it again would show the IVs. It would be very handy to see them every time, and not only with an NPC.
    Oh, and colored nature stats but I think someone said it before.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    Hi! This will be the non-original series I'd love to try. After watching some YouTubers play harder versions of the original pokémongame I'm ready to try it out myself.

I just have one problem. I downloaded the mGBA and 1986 emerald. Then I downloaded the Emerald Inclement file and followed the steps up to: Run the DeltaPatcherLite.exe. For some reason the DeltaPatcher won't load. I'm not that smart with stuff like this.

Could someone give me a hand to start op the DeltaPatcher?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    hello :) i have a question , i mostly play on mobile. is there a android emulator that works fine with this hack ? or do i need to play it over retroarch with mgba ?
    Hey, retroarch and myboy both seem to be fine. I'd avoid johnGBA though, a few people have had trouble with it.
    Has the level cap been tested enough? I'm stuck in the second gym and I literally get out sped every time, and if I'm not, I get one-shotted by many of the leader Pokémon, specially Hariyama and it's arm thrust.

I think lvl 25 it's too low, specially when you can't properly EV train at all (since money may not be enough to buy the bands, and EV-reducing berries are not fully available) and when the gym leader mons are tanky as hell.

I obviously use a full lvl 25 team. I think my only solution to get out is to farm some super-effective mons and do a full team of them. And even then, I'm not entirely sure that I would win, since nearly all the leader mons have counter moves to their weakness.

Not really enjoyable, imho. The level cap should be around 2-5 levels up, enough to get many mons the stats needed to 1v1 tanky opponents like Hariyama.

Now, on the other hand, a few QoL suggestions. I know there's a NPC with which you can see the IVs / EVs of your Pokémon. However, there was a code made by someone in this forum where you could push start or select in the summary screen where the mon stats are and EVs would show up. Pushing it again would show the IVs. It would be very handy to see them every time, and not only with an NPC.
    Oh, and colored nature stats but I think someone said it before.
    Yep it's been given plenty of testing! Brawly's designed for -and can be beaten by- a team that's around level 16 - 20. The 25 cap was chosen specifically so mons like Gastly and Paras could evolve in time for the gym battle. You don't need to be EV trained to beat him, and you don't even need good natures. At least one mon with a type advantage is very helpful though, and going into a gym without one is asking for trouble in a difficulty hack! This is the team I beat him with the first time:
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

This is from a very early version of the game (Brawly hasn't changed since then), before the extra areas loaded with Pokémon that are good against fighting types were added, and before the Friend Ball gave you an instant friendship evolution.

If you're really stuck or have a bit of a fighting weakness there are plenty of options available to you. Just to list a few: Butterfree, Oricorio, Espeon, Alakazam, Sableye, Noivern, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Yanma, Pelipper, Swellow. Some of those won't even require any grinding; Liligant will just sweep him after a Quiver Dance or two even if it's under levelled, and the trade Tropius can quite easily handle a lot of his Pokemon.

I'm working on an extra page for the summary screen that shows both IVs and EVs at once, as that's a more elegant solution than switching between them IMO. Nature coloured stats is definitely something I need to merge in though!

Hi! This will be the non-original series I'd love to try. After watching some YouTubers play harder versions of the original pokémongame I'm ready to try it out myself.

I just have one problem. I downloaded the mGBA and 1986 emerald. Then I downloaded the Emerald Inclement file and followed the steps up to: Run the DeltaPatcherLite.exe. For some reason the DeltaPatcher won't load. I'm not that smart with stuff like this.

Could someone give me a hand to start op the DeltaPatcher?
    Hey! I'll need some more info from you before I can try to help. What platform are you on? When you say the patcher won't load, do you mean it's not running at all?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    Great job, thank you for sharing this with us! Can't wait to test it! :-)

Just one question: Do you know anything about SR the starter? I just googled it and in Emerald the RNG is kinda broken?! Is that the same case here or can you just normally soft reset? Appreciate your help a lot, would love to start with a shiny Greninja!

Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

Look's like I've been very unlucky then. 4 mons with advantage, yet all three get destroyed. I will use other mons then. EDIT: I just beat it with the same team. I was literally trying more than an hour last night and I couldn't, yet now I could and at first try... Unlucky me I guess.

Anyway, I can't use Attack X on combat (And I suppose that any of those items). Is this intended?

Last edited:
    Back