• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Do you have any recommended methods for grinding money? Thus far about the best I've managed to do is Thief on the Staryu and Shellder in Dewford.

Edit: Just saw the update that dropped, I'm having some difficulty patching it though because I can't seem to find a .sav file. I use OpenEmu on a Mac if that helps.
    Edit again, figured the problem out. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Don't like level caps because it feels like the dev is forcing you to play by their strict set of rules a'la Pokemon Reborn and other jank-ass RMXP fangames. At least it isn't forced disobedience, that's even worse.
    Also, I feel like it's antithetical to Pokemon's core design.

I personally don't micromanage levels as much as I used to but I like having that as a fallback if necessary.

For difficulty hacks, over leveling takes away the point

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2021
    Hello..I´ve been having this problem with fossils and some other gift pokemons that only evolve by lvling and i´m getting them at lvl 100 and some of them im not able to breed such as Cosmog, is there a way i can Dlvl them or some sort of other solution?
    Please help :x Thank you !

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    By the way, I forgot to ask this before, but is Eviolite in the game? I'm in the mood to run some tanks with it.

It's not in the documentation, but I got one Eviolite from a Fisherman in Dewford Town.

Does Mirage Tower show up again even after it's crumbled? Asking because there's a new area that's accessed from it

You can get to the Sandstrewn Ruins again through the Desert Underpass from the Fossil Maniac's house after the Elite Four have been defeated.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm aware that there's a patch which removes EVs, but there's a part of me that would prefer if it also removed the ability to change IVs and Natures, and gave opposing trainers "random" IVs and Natures.

I just think that Natures and IVs make your Pokemon unique, and changing it shouldn't be allowed, maybe only in post-game for the Battle Frontier.

Especially for Nuzlockes, it forces you to work with what you have. Unfortunately I can't just "not use" the IV and Nature changers, as the game's difficulty kinda requires it.

So yeah, I was just thinking there could be another mode on top of Challenge mode that implements these changes (as well as removing EVs). Maybe this falls outside of this hack's intended purpose though, idk. Maybe I'm just a purist :)
    Yeah that'd be outside the scope of this hack, even the vanilla games don't have random IVs and natures on trainer mons! Technically your Pokémon's nature isn't changed by the nature changer; it works like Sword and Shield where the original nature is preserved, but the new one is used for anything that needs it. Only difference is IE doesn't show the original nature alongside the new one.
    Drapion is a staple in my teams, for being an effective counter to Psychics, Ghosts and Fairies, but that was my first time using Dusk Lycanroc too, and it proved its worth!
    I think Hitmonchan is fine. Its ability is somewhat overpowered, yeah, but its base Atk is decent at best, so even with priority and a Life Orb, I had trouble with bulkier mons like Garchomp, for instance, since the moves affected by that ability aren't very strong either. Not to mention Hitmonchan was arguably the worst of Tyrogue's evolutions, but now it's something to consider.

Thanks for hearing my suggestions. I'll start a new playthrough soon 👍
    By the way, I forgot to ask this before, but is Eviolite in the game? I'm in the mood to run some tanks with it.
    Yeah at least Hitmonchan can compete with the other Hitmons now, that's a good point.
    Eviolite's in Dewford, looks like I forgot to put that in the docs.
    Hello again! Still enjoying the game very much with my Ghost-team (Oricorio beating Volcarona's Fiery Dance with Dancer was a bigbrain moment for me).

I just stopped by to point out that PhantomForce move doesn't have an animation, dunno if it's a bug or if it hasn't been done yet. Speaking of which, are you the one doing the animations for the new moves?
    Does Mirage Tower show up again even after it's crumbled? Asking because there's a new area that's accessed from it

Also, shouldn't Cubone/Marowak be able to learn Low Kick? The pokemon center tutor says it's not compatible with my Alolan Marowak.
    Hey! Haha, good to see Dancer getting some value, it doesn't happen very often!
    I'm not sure about Phantom Force's animation; a few people have worked on the new animations but I'm not one of them. Will take a look!
    Mirage Tower won't reappear, but the new area can still be accessed.
    (Gardevoir, Hitmonchan, Mismagius, Garchomp, Delphox, Luvdisc)
    Loved this hack- absolutely fantastic. Played on whatever the hardest difficulty is, i forget. I chose Fennekin as my starter, partially bc I love it but also because of the sick new Pyromancer ability, which proved to be super fun to use! That's one of the strengths of this hack, I really enjoyed the rebalancing of mons. Blitz Boxer was absolutely insane and with a choice band carried me through the endgame. soul heart luvdisc, pixilate misdreavus were fun too! not everything can be good (tropius was garbage) but i still loved experimenting. i found myself adapting to fights a lot without even having to switch out team members, just changing moves, items, and abilities (most commonly switching between soul heat and swift swim luvdisc due to rain team abundance)

I really, really enjoyed having to get super creative to bust through the tough teams- I had to use swift swim luvdisc and chlorophyll tropius (shiny, btw!) in the same fight! that was the rival fight in electric terrain + rain, easily the hardest fight of the game for me.

The difficulty curve was almost perfect- the early fights were tough, but I didn't have to reset much for the first few gyms. part of that was soul heart luvdisc, which is absolutely insane in this game ftr. mid game was some of the hardest pokemon i've played, but late game got quite easy despite me not changing my team at all. 7th gym onward teams seemed to lose a good bit of variety in typing, i felt the last super hard fight was wally on victory road. the entire e4 + champion was easier than some of the veterans on victory road imo. luvdisc swept 4/6 of drake's team- i really dont think the e4 and champ needed to be as strictly monotype as they were

poke vial was great, but idk why it wasnt reusable. just got annoying lol, felt like a QOL feature was added only to be limited anyway?
    overall my favorite recent hack, so awesome to play through and satisfying as hell! excited to check out postgame and so on. people have made the obvious RR comparison, but this feels very different in how boss fights are designed and they play very differently as a result!
    Thanks! Really cool to see Luvdisc of all things destroying teams.
    Yeah the league and a few other trainers will get better when gen 8 mons and moves are added - the terrain moves in particular open up a lot of options for them, so I'll probably redo their teams when that's ready. Wallace is probably the worst though, so I might get to him a bit sooner.

Reusable as in infinite uses without needing a refill? That'd be a bit overkill for the Poke Vial; it's just meant to reduce the number of times you need to backtrack to a Pokemon Center and maybe save some time after a close battle, not replace every healing item in the game!
    Not gonna lie, the game on Hard was really a challenge, it's been a while since i gave pokemon a try, ORAS was my last game i played since i got so disappointed in pokemon games but this, this made me think, play, grind, set my teams, and put my knowledge to the test and made me research pokemons released after ORAS and it was really enjoyable, thanks for letting us try this, there are a few bugs here and there and even after i made some stat calculation i don't know how some pokemons where faster than mines... but i overcame the struggles with walls haha,

Keep it up, very good job :)
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! Pokemon's definitely been a bit slack on the difficulty lately! I'd guess the mons that outsped yours had items or abilities that made them faster.
    Do you have any recommended methods for grinding money? Thus far about the best I've managed to do is Thief on the Staryu and Shellder in Dewford.

Edit: Just saw the update that dropped, I'm having some difficulty patching it though because I can't seem to find a .sav file. I use OpenEmu on a Mac if that helps.
    Edit again, figured the problem out. :)
    Yeah, Meteor Falls is the best place for that - lots of the mons there hold Star Pieces. If you're not that far into the game yet, there's a valuable items section in the item locations doc that has some alternatives.
    Not sure where all the emulators keep their saves but it sounds like you've got it sorted!
    Hello..I´ve been having this problem with fossils and some other gift pokemons that only evolve by lvling and i´m getting them at lvl 100 and some of them im not able to breed such as Cosmog, is there a way i can Dlvl them or some sort of other solution?
    Please help :x Thank you !
    Hey, that will eventually be fixed by allowing Rare Candies to evolve level 100 mons. There was a problem with my implementation of that feature though, so until I can get that working properly those mons are stuck that way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thought I'd ask, so you have plans to add features like battles loading up faster? I think it's a feature from Emerald enhanced.
    Not right now; I might speed up the HP bars in future but that's all I've considered doing with battle speed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'm currently playing this ROM Hack and I gotta say that I'm having fun!
    I have one question though: I don't see Floette (Eternal Flower) anywhere in the docs (even in the list of unobtainable Pokémon), and I absolutely love that form of hers. I'll assume that she's not available yet. Do you have any plans to include her Eternal Flower form anytime soon since she's part of Kalos?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Loving the hack but I was wondering why my Levitate Gengar is getting hit by Drill Run (specifically the admin's Excadrill in Meteor Falls) I can't find anything about it in the Move Changes. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    Can anyone tell me where Ashen woods is? im trying to get a scyther and the documents said thats where you find it but I can't seem to find the place, I just need my scizor to complete my team 😭 thank. you!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I'm loving the hack, but I - and I know I'm probably in the minority for this one - level caps were implemented for all gyms. As it is, it gets a little tedious to travel between routes, and sometimes I end up going "Aw, goddamn it" when one of my Pokemon levels up because I know that if one of them gets even 1 or 2 levels ahead of the rest of the party it can get pretty tough because of scaling.

I'm really adoring the fact that every battle feels strategic and not like I can just level up and mash through it, but there's some tedium in grinding for money/level parity in the party that is the only thing I don't really like. Just a minor complaint though, because honestly I'm adoring the hack more than the vanilla game at this point haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! Pokemon's definitely been a bit slack on the difficulty lately! I'd guess the mons that outsped yours had items or abilities that made them faster.

The Tsareena was *way too fast* i can tell she had a Grass Gem, and there was no tailwind, baton pass or such at any given fight, so i kept asking my self how it outspeed a Talonflame on max Speed (IV/EVs) when her base is so low, this was a constant struggle an issue i had with Rival battles, are you sure the base is set to her normal value? because a base 72 with max IVs and EV is not outspeeding a Talonflame with a base 126 on a normal day .-. that was my biggest issue the entire game, fighting the Rival haha

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    Can anyone tell me where Ashen woods is? im trying to get a scyther and the documents said thats where you find it but I can't seem to find the place, I just need my scizor to complete my team 😭 thank. you!

The entrance to Ashen Woods is through Ember Path, a cave towards the lower left corner of Jagged Pass. You can get there easily from Lavaridge Town with an Acro Bike to jump up the ledge.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    Oh thats why i haven't been able to find it, in the version i downloaded theres an error, I can' t make it pass the entrance because as soon as i enter its blocked by something invisible, i guess ill have to make due without going there 😅 Thank you!

Back