• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Yeah that's definitely something to do with the mega evo icon. Sometimes it's not cleared properly when a mega faints, so I'd guess the code that handles that is actually doing something it shouldn't, which eventually leads to the UI imploding like you've seen there. I've tried to find the issue with it but the code looks OK, so it's going to be tricky to fix.
    Tested it in another situation and paid more attention - Opposing Mega Mawile was KO'd by Burn damage, and the icon didn't disappear along with the rest of the enemy health UI. I don't know how the game handles KOs happening outside of the attackers turn, could that be the culprit (specifically, if the timing on the M-Evo code is only checking for KOs during actual moves used, and not at every step of the turn)? Also of note, the M-Evo symbol is bouncing up and down with my UI as though it were my pokemon that was Mega'd (It's still located on the enemy area as normal).

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Why does every single """hard mode""" hack feel the need to pair you with a stupid AI that will job as hard as possible against an extremely competent doubles team? It's artificial difficulty at its purest. Please romhack creators, stop doing this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Had the exact same thing happen with my Stunfisk, but haven't had a chance to investigate the cause yet. Hopefully I'll have it fixed by the next version.
    Following up on Storm Drain oddities, had an opposing Relicanth use Dive against my Stunfisk. On the attacking turn it was blocked by Storm Drain, but Relicanth never lost the invulnerable status from the first turn of Dive. It was able to just Head Smash my team to oblivion the rest for of the fight.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Tested it in another situation and paid more attention - Opposing Mega Mawile was KO'd by Burn damage, and the icon didn't disappear along with the rest of the enemy health UI. I don't know how the game handles KOs happening outside of the attackers turn, could that be the culprit (specifically, if the timing on the M-Evo code is only checking for KOs during actual moves used, and not at every step of the turn)? Also of note, the M-Evo symbol is bouncing up and down with my UI as though it were my pokemon that was Mega'd (It's still located on the enemy area as normal).
    It seems to be random, pretty sure I've seen it happen when a damaging move gets the KO too. The code to clear the icon runs whenever a mon faints by any means. I think it's somehow mismatching the mega evolved mon and the fainting mon, which would make it try to clear a sprite that doesn't exist, and that causes all the UI bugs.

I haven't seen the bouncing symbol before, that's interesting. Would support the icon clearing code not choosing the right mon theory.
    Why does every single """hard mode""" hack feel the need to pair you with a stupid AI that will job as hard as possible against an extremely competent doubles team? It's artificial difficulty at its purest. Please romhack creators, stop doing this.
    Why do people complaining about difficulty in """hard mode""" hacks feel the need to blame the partner AI for their problems when it's exactly the same as the enemy AI? I get that you want to vent but a post like that is as obnoxious as this reply and is just a waste of your time and mine.

In all seriousness though I assume (because you haven't bothered to tell me) that you chose the fire starter and had trouble with the meteor falls multi battle? If so, yes, that will be tweaked a bit in the next version.
    Following up on Storm Drain oddities, had an opposing Relicanth use Dive against my Stunfisk. On the attacking turn it was blocked by Storm Drain, but Relicanth never lost the invulnerable status from the first turn of Dive. It was able to just Head Smash my team to oblivion the rest for of the fight.
    Ah yeah that's a known bug. I need to update the OP to link to the discord's bugs doc, it's not really feasible to keep both updated.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    For some reason after visiting Stern's Shipyard the line of team aqua grunts is still there. Can I get some help please?

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    I have a question, I was playing this in a free version of my boy emulator from playstore.I used in-game save option and after three days instead of loading my saved file it gives me option to start new game and this is happening all the time and I don't know why this keeps happening.Also I have cleaner app in my phone and I occasionally clean junk files ,I checked if cleaner deleted my save file but it did not,so I don't know why this is happening and how to solve this

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2023
    Back again with another post about shiny hunting, this time with something I'm convinced is a bug.

I posted a message in the bug reports channel of the discord but it didn't get any attention, and now the situation is even more convincing. I've been hunting a shiny registeel off and on for almost a week now and in that time I've reached over 20,000 soft resets. I have not found it yet. By my math, there is a 3/1,000,000,000 chance of not finding a shiny in 20,000 resets, which has me convinced something is wrong here. Either there's some prior point in the game where shiny status for regis are determined, similar to latios/latias, that does not exist in vanilla, or something else is wrong here, because I have a hard time believing I'm just this unlucky at 1/1024 odds.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2022
    I am having trouble with daytime and nighttime evolutions. what time is daytime and what time is nighttime. I think my pokemon are fully happt

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I have a question, I was playing this in a free version of my boy emulator from playstore.I used in-game save option and after three days instead of loading my saved file it gives me option to start new game and this is happening all the time and I don't know why this keeps happening.Also I have cleaner app in my phone and I occasionally clean junk files ,I checked if cleaner deleted my save file but it did not,so I don't know why this is happening and how to solve this
    I don't know either, all I can suggest is making sure that your save file and ROM file have the same filename.
    Back again with another post about shiny hunting, this time with something I'm convinced is a bug.

I posted a message in the bug reports channel of the discord but it didn't get any attention, and now the situation is even more convincing. I've been hunting a shiny registeel off and on for almost a week now and in that time I've reached over 20,000 soft resets. I have not found it yet. By my math, there is a 3/1,000,000,000 chance of not finding a shiny in 20,000 resets, which has me convinced something is wrong here. Either there's some prior point in the game where shiny status for regis are determined, similar to latios/latias, that does not exist in vanilla, or something else is wrong here, because I have a hard time believing I'm just this unlucky at 1/1024 odds.
    The Regis are created by the exact same code as every other species - the only difference is an extra task before the battle starts that shows their unique transition screen. It's been a while since I've done probability, but I don't think your sample size is high enough to "guarantee" a shiny. By my math (and by that I mean the math of some probability calculator website I found - take it with a grain of salt) in 20,000 samples a 1/1000 event has about an 18% chance of occurring at least once, and the chance of that event not occurring at least once is 82%. Based on that it's likely this isn't a bug, just normal random behaviour.

I haven't touched anything that changes the way the regis are generated except for their level and the shiny rate change itself.
    I am having trouble with daytime and nighttime evolutions. what time is daytime and what time is nighttime. I think my pokemon are fully happt
    Night is 6pm to 4am, all other times are day. The clock in the player's house is what the game thinks the time is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    I don't know either, all I can suggest is making sure that your save file and ROM file have the same filename.

The Regis are created by the exact same code as every other species - the only difference is an extra task before the battle starts that shows their unique transition screen. It's been a while since I've done probability, but I don't think your sample size is high enough to "guarantee" a shiny. By my math (and by that I mean the math of some probability calculator website I found - take it with a grain of salt) in 20,000 samples a 1/1000 event has about an 18% chance of occurring at least once, and the chance of that event not occurring at least once is 82%. Based on that it's likely this isn't a bug, just normal random behaviour.

I haven't touched anything that changes the way the regis are generated except for their level and the shiny rate change itself.

Night is 6pm to 4am, all other times are day. The clock in the player's house is what the game thinks the time is.

Would it be ok if I copy my savefile and store it in a few other locations?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Eagerly waiting on the reblalanced version, considering I want to build a team around pretty under used Pokémon. Keep up the good work, Buffel Salt!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    are you able to do day/ night encounters like in gen 2? im not asking if its planned, just if its possible

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2022
    What's the best way to get Oran berries I used mine to change 1 nature and now I don't have any to plant lol. Also best way to farm money? I regret not playing this on emulator a little bit lol (playing it on my 3ds so I am missing out on all the cool emulator features)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Would it be ok if I copy my savefile and store it in a few other locations?
    It couldn't hurt, though it'd be better to find out why it keeps disappearing.
    Eagerly waiting on the reblalanced version, considering I want to build a team around pretty under used Pokémon. Keep up the good work, Buffel Salt!
    Rebalanced version is the one that's currently available! Thanks though, will do!
    are you able to do day/ night encounters like in gen 2? im not asking if its planned, just if its possible
    It's possible yeah, can do almost anything with the decomp.
    What's the best way to get Oran berries I used mine to change 1 nature and now I don't have any to plant lol. Also best way to farm money? I regret not playing this on emulator a little bit lol (playing it on my 3ds so I am missing out on all the cool emulator features)
    You can steal them off Audino or the elemental monkeys. Would suggest planting them after getting a few as that's much less of a grind than stealing them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    Of course, Pickup won't do anything f you don't have it in the party.

Thanks! Cloud Nine doesn't remove weather, just the effects of weather - it negates abilities like Slush Rush and removes Blizzard's perfect accuracy in hail, but the hail is still there.
    You need to beat Spencer before Greta will battle you, he can be found in the mart.

Thank you for the response. I have two more questions:

1. Is the gym leader re-battle once only? I couldn't rematch the gym leaders anymore in single battle with their legendary Pokémon. I would say yes and nothing would happen. Could only battle them without legendary Pokémon. Days already went by.

2. Is it possible to add an early macho brace maybe? One that is slightly more effective than the regular one. I like to train EV as early as possible and don't like "ruining" my EV's on trainers and having to wait a day for the EV berries to grow (maybe it's some sort of ocd on my part though lol)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you for the response. I have two more questions:

1. Is the gym leader re-battle once only? I couldn't rematch the gym leaders anymore in single battle with their legendary Pokémon. I would say yes and nothing would happen. Could only battle them without legendary Pokémon. Days already went by.

2. Is it possible to add an early macho brace maybe? One that is slightly more effective than the regular one. I like to train EV as early as possible and don't like "ruining" my EV's on trainers and having to wait a day for the EV berries to grow (maybe it's some sort of ocd on my part though lol)
    1. Which gym leader(s) isn't working? One of the Roxanne rematches refuses to start but AFAIK the others should work.
    2. Macho Brace is pointless in this hack, I suggest reading the training guide document!

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    1. Which gym leader(s) isn't working? One of the Roxanne rematches refuses to start but AFAIK the others should work.
    2. Macho Brace is pointless in this hack, I suggest reading the training guide document!

1. All of them for me, at least up to Winona, but I'm still playing 1.7 (might have to do with it, didn't read the logs for the newest patch)
    2.OK , I understand and know of the training items in Slateport. I thought maybe before all that to have my starter EV trained before I reach that point.

Back