• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Also another bug i found was that the game randomly crashes for me. Either exiting a battle or a house or just straight up during a battle. The screen turns black and makes some noises
    That's an issue with mGBA's fastforward. Try changing its display driver in the settings.
    can you please make it so trainers dont auto register in the nav? nothing more annoying than getting stopped randomly by phone calls
    That's very low priority but I'll probably add a way to turn off the calls later, they're very annoying!
    Is it intended for Vileplume to only have Chlorophyll as it's ability in this hack? Ability pill doesn't have any effect on Vileplume when I try to use it
    Love the game so far!
    Yep, check the dex to see what Vileplume's abilities are. Thanks!
    I tried both losing to a wild pokemon and using teleport and briney is not at petalburg or dewford. Here is my save file: https://files.catbox.moe/jnx2l1.sav.
    Thanks for sharing the save, will see what I can do about that!
    Very cool rom so far.

The berry stealing effect of the move pluck doesn't seem to work. i'm using it on enemy mons that have sitrus/oran berries but the stealing effect doesn't activate which is annoying.

how does misdreavus evolve ? It doesn't appear in the documents.

10 oran berries to change nature seems a bit....long
    Thanks! Yeah that's a known issue, Pluck is very buggy so I've disabled its effect for now. Check the Pokedex for any Pokémon-related questions - the docs only cover changes, not things that are the same as the official games.
    Loving this rom so far! Playing through challenge mode on a mono ground team is super fun! (Storm drain stunfisk is hilarious and legit carrying me and i never thought i would be able to say that 😂)

One suggestion i have is that a berry merchant would be amazing. Im on an emulator that doesn't use real time clock (eclipse on IOS, don't have access to a computer for 45 days so this is the only one i can get working) and berries don't grow without it. Thieving audinos for oran berries is a bit… tedious. It's probably a pretty isolated problem, but just a suggestion, and it would save me so much time… like i said, loving the rom so far, keep up the great work 👍
    Thanks! Yeah it's surprising how good an electric type that's immune to water can be lol. A lot of things in the game won't work without a real time clock unfortunately, I don't really want to redesign things around a broken emulator sorry!
    Hello where can I download this instead of updating it xd
    Don't do that, you'll wind up with some garbage ROM that was patched by some guy's pet hamster instead of a working copy!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hello all! Truly enjoying this with the challenge options! Is there anywhere I can Berries from in bulk? Trying to change natures and I need a TON of oran berries :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello all! Truly enjoying this with the challenge options! Is there anywhere I can Berries from in bulk? Trying to change natures and I need a TON of oran berries :/
    Thanks! There isn't, but the nature changer just got cheaper!

Version 1.8 is now up! This release replaces the old AI, adds additional level cap options for new playthroughs, adds some new content from the RHH battle engine, makes some QoL changes, and as usual, fixes some bugs.
    It also makes the oft-requested Battle Bond Greninja (AKA Ash Greninja) obtainable, along with Magearna.

Please note: Before updating to this release, you MUST save in a Pokémon Center using the in-game menu. Failure to do so may permanently break your save file. It's perfectly safe to update as long as you're in a Pokémon Center though, so don't worry!

Full list of changes - and download - can be found here: Link

Years
    • Seen today
    Does gift Pokemon like BB Greninja can be mass-produced ( in other words, breeding ) , like a normal Froakie did ? Also does Lunar IPS still works for patching this version ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I tried both losing to a wild pokemon and using teleport and briney is not at petalburg or dewford. Here is my save file: https://files.catbox.moe/jnx2l1.sav.
    I've fixed your save file, you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o94nIQjtdTwZ9YLdv7-wopAhBYsE8lIl?usp=sharing. There's no way I can fix this in game without breaking every other save, so had to resort to this!
    Does gift Pokemon like BB Greninja can be mass-produced ( in other words, breeding ) , like a normal Froakie did ? Also does Lunar IPS still works for patching this version ?
    Nope, BB Greninja can't breed. No idea, if it worked last time it'll probably work this time!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Does the Berry masters garden produce the maximum amount of berries? I thought i read it somewhere but I'm only getting the 4 leppa berries off each tree that I usually get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Hey !

Besides the occasional crashes, this hack has been amazing so far :)
    Though I came across a major issue : my luvdisc lost its focus sash and I don't know how to get it back nor how it vanished. Is there any way to get it back ? Is there a place to buy one or get a second one ? Thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    I've fixed your save file, you can download it here

Thanks a lot! I'll head to slateport PC and then update my game to 1.8. Great hack, I don't usually like gen 3 but this has been a lot of fun.

Btw that drive link exposes your real name/gmail. Might wanna remove it now that I've got the file.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    I was looking around in the settings of my boy emulator and I saw that an option 'autosave and load' was not turned on so I turned it on,I don't know if this was the reason for my files going missing but I hope my game stays saved

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    So I've been using MGBA, and I'm still getting tons of random freeze-ups. Heck, I got fewer using VBA-M. Is there a list of recommended settings for MGBA that I should be using so that doesn't happen?

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Oh and it would be nice if you added fly to Gliscor in a future patch. (Unless he already has it and its just not on the docs)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Maybe an odd suggestion but any chance of tweaking either the Soul Dew or Mega Latios/Latias to make them a little more distinct? The roles of Soul Dew Lati@s and their respective Megas are very similar in terms of function but with the Soul Dew they're simply objectively superior to their Mega Evolutions. Maybe play around with the types, stat spreads, or abilities of the Megas a bit?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2023
    Alright so update on the shiny hunt.

I did some extensive testing and turns out shiny frames are a thing in this romhack. By using my emulators pause and frame forward features I was able to land the same nature and IV spread on registeel 99% of the time on the same frames.

After figuring this out I was able to get all three shiny regis and jirachi in an hour and a half of using this methodology.

Turns out I was working with incomplete info, the statements from some people in the discord server had me believing RNG was entirely randomly rolled on encounter.

After figuring this out I also did some tests with save states mid battle, and discovered you can in fact load save states to change RNG mid battle. I'm not sure what is causing it exactly, but testing with both will o wisps and hypnosis for about 30 minutes each I'm pretty confident that battle RNG is not predetermined like in radical red.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    Hi there, not sure if this was a known issue, but during a battle in I think Fallarbor town I found a bug with Wishiwashi in that it changed forms for it's schooling ability, but then switched out to another mon, then after KOing it switched back into Wishiwashi, but instead bugged out displaying the missingno sign and essentially froze on an attack text box after going to bag or party didn't correct the issue. Since it was a trainer battle I couldn't run away either. I've got a gyazo gif link with all that occurs afterwards

https://gyazo.com/feee16cfc1fd2ab2fc48a64adbb8857c

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I just started playing 1.8 and it's really great! One issue though is that I seem to have locked myself into Shift battle mode despite being in Challenge Mode. I was messing around with settings before selecting new game, and I must have changed it from Set to Shift, and once I picked Challenge Mode, it locked that option and I can't change it to Set.

Years
  • I'm on Version 1.7.1 and my Berries have stopped growing, for some reason. Some are stuck at the "sprout" stage, some are stuck at the "just planted" stage. I'l try to reinstall with a new file (and inject my backed-up save into it).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Does the Berry masters garden produce the maximum amount of berries? I thought i read it somewhere but I'm only getting the 4 leppa berries off each tree that I usually get.
    It does, but that was bugged and was just fixed in the latest version.
    Hey !

Besides the occasional crashes, this hack has been amazing so far :)
    Though I came across a major issue : my luvdisc lost its focus sash and I don't know how to get it back nor how it vanished. Is there any way to get it back ? Is there a place to buy one or get a second one ? Thanks
    Hey, thanks! If it activated it's gone forever, consumable items work like they normally do in this hack. You can get more later though!
    Thanks a lot! I'll head to slateport PC and then update my game to 1.8. Great hack, I don't usually like gen 3 but this has been a lot of fun.

Btw that drive link exposes your real name/gmail. Might wanna remove it now that I've got the file.
    No problem!
    So I've been using MGBA, and I'm still getting tons of random freeze-ups. Heck, I got fewer using VBA-M. Is there a list of recommended settings for MGBA that I should be using so that doesn't happen?
    I assume you're using fastforward when this happens? If so, try switching to mGBA's other display driver. There's a known bug with its openGL driver that makes fastforward unstable for some people.
    Oh and it would be nice if you added fly to Gliscor in a future patch. (Unless he already has it and its just not on the docs)
    Already done! Most flying mons have Fly now.
    Maybe an odd suggestion but any chance of tweaking either the Soul Dew or Mega Latios/Latias to make them a little more distinct? The roles of Soul Dew Lati@s and their respective Megas are very similar in terms of function but with the Soul Dew they're simply objectively superior to their Mega Evolutions. Maybe play around with the types, stat spreads, or abilities of the Megas a bit?
    Soul Dew is bugged ATM so the mega stones have a purpose for now! In future the megas will have the niche of not being banned from the frontier, but they're so half-assed I'd rather leave them outclassed by Soul Dew once that's fixed.
    Alright so update on the shiny hunt.

I did some extensive testing and turns out shiny frames are a thing in this romhack. By using my emulators pause and frame forward features I was able to land the same nature and IV spread on registeel 99% of the time on the same frames.

After figuring this out I was able to get all three shiny regis and jirachi in an hour and a half of using this methodology.

Turns out I was working with incomplete info, the statements from some people in the discord server had me believing RNG was entirely randomly rolled on encounter.

After figuring this out I also did some tests with save states mid battle, and discovered you can in fact load save states to change RNG mid battle. I'm not sure what is causing it exactly, but testing with both will o wisps and hypnosis for about 30 minutes each I'm pretty confident that battle RNG is not predetermined like in radical red.
    Yeah, it's the same old RNG as vanilla Emerald, but the bug with the RNG not being reseeded when it should be is fixed. Battle RNG will only be predetermined in battles that can be recorded - presumably that's done so recordings take up less space).
    Hi there, not sure if this was a known issue, but during a battle in I think Fallarbor town I found a bug with Wishiwashi in that it changed forms for it's schooling ability, but then switched out to another mon, then after KOing it switched back into Wishiwashi, but instead bugged out displaying the missingno sign and essentially froze on an attack text box after going to bag or party didn't correct the issue. Since it was a trainer battle I couldn't run away either. I've got a gyazo gif link with all that occurs afterwards

https://gyazo.com/feee16cfc1fd2ab2fc48a64adbb8857c
    I knew Schooling was buggy but hadn't seen it get that bad before! Will try to fix it for the next major update.
    I just started playing 1.8 and it's really great! One issue though is that I seem to have locked myself into Shift battle mode despite being in Challenge Mode. I was messing around with settings before selecting new game, and I must have changed it from Set to Shift, and once I picked Challenge Mode, it locked that option and I can't change it to Set.
    Thanks! Oh lol I didn't consider that when coding Challenge Mode, will change it to force set mode in the intro (and I guess somewhere else too to fix your save!).

I'm on Version 1.7.1 and my Berries have stopped growing, for some reason. Some are stuck at the "sprout" stage, some are stuck at the "just planted" stage. I'l try to reinstall with a new file (and inject my backed-up save into it).
    Are you playing on virtual console? That tends to happen when you update the ROM, it'll fix itself eventually. Seems to be an issue with the save injection, not sure if there's a workaround other than waiting.

Years
  • @Buffel Saft

I am indeed playing on Virtual Console! Huh, I didn't think these things just "fixed" themselves, but if you say they do, I believe you (you know more about this than I do).

Thanks again for the hack!

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2022
    I was looking around in the settings of my boy emulator and I saw that an option 'autosave and load' was not turned on so I turned it on,I don't know if this was the reason for my files going missing but I hope my game stays saved

Well it didn't work 😔

Back