• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    Great masterpiece what you did here!!

Just my humble two cents:

1) While I'm personally not quite found of fakemon (ie MegaFlygon, MegaMilotic & co)... I appreciate being able to use not commonly used OP mons without getting utterly wrecked.
    I saw a while ago, a in another romhack, an item that temporally boosted proportionally the BST of the holder up to 600, bar Hp. I loved that idea. I could battle competitively even with my Spoink! Do you see any chance implementing that feature?

2) Not quite found of Custom moves neither in the vanilla version... But I can respect not broken stuff (i.e. Physical hidden power)

3) Oh, and I think it would be fun adding more variety and strategy... I think more terrain inducers can be good. Abilities that, when switching in, sets up Trick Room, Gravity, Wonder Room, InverseBattle, EverybodyTopsyTurvy, reduce foes Spatk...
    Side effects a la Brick Break, Howl...

Tonikill1

Skadooosh~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    @Buffel Saft how to evolve nincada into shedinja? I did the spare party slot and pokeball thing but it doesnt work. I caught a lv 81 nincada after arriving at lilycove so is that the reason why? I also tried all the stones but... yeah

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel - a small suggestion, if I may be so bold.
    A quality of life feature that I'd really appreciate is being able to fly to secret bases like we can in ORAS. There's a few spots in the game that are useful for growing berries and re-battling trainers, and being able to access those areas easily via fly would be a great help.
    Hey, that'd be a cool feature but I don't think it's a small addition, there'd be a lot of work needed to get a dynamic fly spot working. Probably not something I'd work on myself, but if it crops up in a public feature branch I'd look into it.

Can you somehow make a way to disable the random trainer pokenav notifications. Just wondering
    Yeah it's on the to-do list!
    Great masterpiece what you did here!!

Just my humble two cents:

1) While I'm personally not quite found of fakemon (ie MegaFlygon, MegaMilotic & co)... I appreciate being able to use not commonly used OP mons without getting utterly wrecked.
    I saw a while ago, a in another romhack, an item that temporally boosted proportionally the BST of the holder up to 600, bar Hp. I loved that idea. I could battle competitively even with my Spoink! Do you see any chance implementing that feature?

2) Not quite found of Custom moves neither in the vanilla version... But I can respect not broken stuff (i.e. Physical hidden power)

3) Oh, and I think it would be fun adding more variety and strategy... I think more terrain inducers can be good. Abilities that, when switching in, sets up Trick Room, Gravity, Wonder Room, InverseBattle, EverybodyTopsyTurvy, reduce foes Spatk...
    Side effects a la Brick Break, Howl...
    Thanks!
    1) No chance of that sorry, I'm not a fan of that idea. It'd either require an insane amount of work and space to create an extra set of stats for every mon, or create some massive balance issues if it gives every mon new stats with an equation.
    2) Still not sure if I'm going to add any custom moves, we'll see!
    3) Auto Trick Room would be broken, but you might see one or two of the others in version 2!

Years
  • Someone have any recomendation for eeveelutions? Moves from other eeveelutions and that, prob im going to use umbreon do its defense and inmunity to psychic

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Personally, I don't know if it would be accepted, but I always felt that Protean would make the most sense as Eevee's Hidden Ability, and moving Anticipation to where Run Away is. Would that be OK? An Alternative would be to have Protean on the Partner Forme, which originally does not have any abilities in LGPE (no one in that game did, anyway). Graphically, it would not look any different, other than a heart on its party screen icon. And it could have its enhanced BST this way. But should it have the removal of evolution when in that forme? Or with the knowledge of the Scientist that can revert evolutions, it would be fine to?

Been lurking for so long, that I made this my first post. What a time to be around.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Will Shadow Bone being outclassed by Poltergeist be somehow addressed when 2.0 comes out? It would be a shame to see Alolawak's signature move obsoleted by a tutor move, like in Sword/Shield.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    Hey, that'd be a cool feature but I don't think it's a small addition, there'd be a lot of work needed to get a dynamic fly spot working. Probably not something I'd work on myself, but if it crops up in a public feature branch I'd look into it.

Yeah it's on the to-do list!

Thanks!
    1) No chance of that sorry, I'm not a fan of that idea. It'd either require an insane amount of work and space to create an extra set of stats for every mon, or create some massive balance issues if it gives every mon new stats with an equation.
    2) Still not sure if I'm going to add any custom moves, we'll see!
    3) Auto Trick Room would be broken, but you might see one or two of the others in version 2!

Ok! Thanks for replying.

Here couple bugs I found:

1) After my poke uses Bug Bite and eats a foe's berry, it's item (Soothe Bell) disappears. I suspect that it's because the Berry overwrites the previous item and gets consumed.

2) Bullet Seed only triggers Sap Sipper on the first hit. The following ones still do damage.

PD: personally, I do like random calls. Adds more life to it, hahah. But whatever.

Tonikill1

Skadooosh~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023

The Evolution and Form changes one? No mentions of Shedinja. And I have evolved a Nincada before into both Shed and Ninjask, earlier during my current playthrough of Inclement Emerald. But as of now, I've used every method I could think off but it only evolves into Ninjask, no Shedinja.

Tonikill1

Skadooosh~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Someone have any recomendation for eeveelutions? Moves from other eeveelutions and that, prob im going to use umbreon do its defense and inmunity to psychic

I tried Jolteon with thunderbolt and freeze-dry (which is broken now btw lol) from glaceon, and it gives me the famed electric-ice coverage with the upside of hitting waters supereffective too thanks to freeze dry, which works really well. You could also then have it learn surf as vaporeon to really hit everything neutrally. The only resists to this combo being Magnezone, Rotom H (thats all I could think off for now) which are all hit by surf at least neutrally. So yeah give it a try if you can

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Yooo Buffel haven't checked the game for a while and it's good to see that you are still working on it. Last time I played was around 1.8 and now its 1.13 woah. Anyways do you have any suggestion box in your discord or something ? Kinda neat to have one as there might be someone out there that might have a banger of an idea that will add more spice to the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Just here to say thanks again for this high quality hackrom!!

I'm trying to play the game with the most variety possible of pokemons and teams: what are the pokemon or the team combination that have impressed you guys the most? :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    Someone have any recomendation for eeveelutions? Moves from other eeveelutions and that, prob im going to use umbreon do its defense and inmunity to psychic

Probably leech seed (leafeon), and mystical fire (sylveon) in case you get taunted.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I gave my Espeon Freeze-dry and Draining Kiss and it was very cheap.

I think next playthrough I will try Flareon with Swords Dance and Leaf Blade.

Another option is giving Umbreon Swords Dance and/or Calm Mind and to power up teammates with Baton Pass.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Will Shadow Bone being outclassed by Poltergeist be somehow addressed when 2.0 comes out? It would be a shame to see Alolawak's signature move obsoleted by a tutor move, like in Sword/Shield.

Unless those moves are modified in this game, Poltergeist would hardly render Shadow Bone obsolete. The slightly lower accuracy and the fact that it will fail against anything that used its Berry, Weakness Policy, Power/White Herb, etc. makes Poltergeist quite less reliable despite the higher damage.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Unless those moves are modified in this game, Poltergeist would hardly render Shadow Bone obsolete. The slightly lower accuracy and the fact that it will fail against anything that used its Berry, Weakness Policy, Power/White Herb, etc. makes Poltergeist quite less reliable despite the higher damage.

90% accuracy is a small price to pay for 25 more base power and on something like Alolan Marowak, which gets immense attacking power, priority and powerful moves on several types consumables aren't much of a hindrance. Especially not Weakness Policies, chances are if a ghost-weak Pokemon holds that item it will fall to Poltergeist, worst case scenario to the Shadow Sneak afterwards.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    90% accuracy is a small price to pay for 25 more base power and on something like Alolan Marowak, which gets immense attacking power, priority and powerful moves on several types consumables aren't much of a hindrance. Especially not Weakness Policies, chances are if a ghost-weak Pokemon holds that item it will fall to Poltergeist, worst case scenario to the Shadow Sneak afterwards.

Weakness Policy could be already activated by a non-Ghost type move, even before Marowak gets on the field.

Fire Blast never replaced Flamethrower. Similar situation, neither move is objectively better than the other so it's not really something that needs fixing, it's just a matter of extra power Vs. reliability.
    Poltergeist is great (asuming everything you battle in the game comes with a held item) yet even then there are plenty of scenarios in which it would do nothing when for whatever reason your current opponent's item is already gone. Not so reliable unless you already know what your opponents' held items are beforehand to anticipate when you should use it or not.

85 BP + STAB Shadow Bone is good and reliable damage, especially when Thick Club doubles that damage.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Weakness Policy could be already activated by a non-Ghost type move, even before Marowak gets on the field.

Fire Blast never replaced Flamethrower. Similar situation, neither move is objectively better than the other so it's not really something that needs fixing, it's just a matter of extra power Vs. reliability.
    Poltergeist is great (asuming everything you battle in the game comes with a held item) yet even then there are plenty of scenarios in which it would do nothing when for whatever reason your current opponent's item is already gone. Not so reliable unless you already know what your opponents' held items are beforehand to anticipate when you should use it or not.

85 BP + STAB Shadow Bone is good and reliable damage, especially when Thick Club doubles that damage.
    In that case you probably wouldn't want to have Marowak use anything except for Shadow Sneak, because otherwise it would need to take a +2 hit first. Overall a scenario where Marowak's non-priority attack is the best choice to dispatch something that has activated a Policy is so rare I wouldn't take it into consideration.

Flamethrower vs. Fire Blast is a bit different because Fire Blast only offers 20 BP more at cost of 15% accuracy, compared to Poltergeist vs. Shadow Bone where it's 25 more BP at cost of 10% accuracy and Shadow Bone is the signature move of a Pokemon. Shadow Bone definitely isn't useless, but I don't think it's the better choice in majority of situations, which feels very bad for a move that was supposed to make the Pokemon stand out by giving it access to a more powerful STAB than what most physical Ghost type gets to use and now it doesn't have that at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2022
    On Route 111, when the Floatzel on the Lass's team switcheroos their flame orb, after the battle I had the flame orb and lost my item.

Back