• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2022
    Buffel Salt, is there an item like focus sash that doesn't break and can be used indefinitely?
    Because it's very expensive when you've got a team, that utilizes the sash a lot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Will Shadow Bone being outclassed by Poltergeist be somehow addressed when 2.0 comes out? It would be a shame to see Alolawak's signature move obsoleted by a tutor move, like in Sword/Shield.
    No, as that's only the case in some battles. Most trainers in the game have no held items so Poltergeist is useless against them.
    Ok! Thanks for replying.

Here couple bugs I found:

1) After my poke uses Bug Bite and eats a foe's berry, it's item (Soothe Bell) disappears. I suspect that it's because the Berry overwrites the previous item and gets consumed.

2) Bullet Seed only triggers Sap Sipper on the first hit. The following ones still do damage.
    PD: personally, I do like random calls. Adds more life to it, hahah. But whatever.
    Yeah those are both known, though I haven't been able to replicate the bug bite one recently.
    Yooo Buffel haven't checked the game for a while and it's good to see that you are still working on it. Last time I played was around 1.8 and now its 1.13 woah. Anyways do you have any suggestion box in your discord or something ? Kinda neat to have one as there might be someone out there that might have a banger of an idea that will add more spice to the game.
    There's a suggestions channel but it was mostly things like "give Rillaboom Belly Drum" haha. It might be better now but I've got enough to do without adding suggestions to the list.
    On Route 111, when the Floatzel on the Lass's team switcheroos their flame orb, after the battle I had the flame orb and lost my item.
    Yeah, known bug with the battle engine.
    Buffel Salt, is there an item like focus sash that doesn't break and can be used indefinitely?
    Because it's very expensive when you've got a team, that utilizes the sash a lot.
    Nope, there isn't an item like that unless you count the Focus Band.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    Not sure whether anyone else is having an issue but in the docs the Pokemon Locations document has changed from a PDF to a Google Word Doc, and a lot of the formatting has gone a bit wonky?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    I'm loving the game a lot so far, even more than unbound (which i think is one the best and most complete rom hacks out there).

I have a some questions/requests:

Do you plan to introduce Megas for the rest of the starters (i imagine that Gen 8 Megas will receive their Gigamax versions as Megas)?

Any time frame for when Gen 8 will be available?

Can we have an option to disable the "Use L to use a Poke Ball" when battling wild encounters (not a priority, but is a little annoying)?

Also, as far as balance goes, the game is incredible in my opinion (almost perfect if you ask me), but I'll personally make just a few changes:

I'm not a big fan of Weak Armor Samurott, and neither of his (original) stats distribution. In my opinion, Sturdy or Unburden will suit him a lot better (both competitively, being far more reliable than Weak Armor, and for his Formidable Samurai theme), i know Chesnaught has this combination (Shell Smash-Sturdy) but it suits Samurott a lot too and it can be his Water Counterpart/Option.

As for his stats, I think he needs a little speed and physical attack buff (if he's not going to have a Mega, of course), even if a nerf on other stat is required; as of now i think Samurott is HEAVILY outclassed by Mega Launcher Blastoise (and even more outclassed by his Mega). Also, it's pretty strange that it can't learn Cross Poison.

Also, i know that asking for Serperior to be able to learn Overheat for a better coverage would be too much (even though it kinda fits his now Dragon Type), but Earth Power would be enough for a Special Att. Contrary build. Also, with all the Sand Rush, Shell Smash, etc, on the other Starters, i would up his speed just a little bit, like something between 113 to
    120 (and maybe the same for Decidueye too), maybe even his attack/special attack too (and just like Samurott, only if he's not going to receive a Mega in the future).

And last, one thing that i miss a lot from other romhack's balance in IE is Radical Red's Sceptile being more physical Attack oriented than Special Attack, and the mentioned physical attack buff (or swap) would pair like magic with Chloroplast for Solar Blade, or for Dragon Dance, Leaf Blade, etc, almost all of his design/set makes a lot more sense as a physical attacker.

And as a tiny side note, i would personally remove Shell Smash for Kommo-o, he's just to good overall to have such a game changer move imo.

That's it, just my fifty cents in da club.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm loving the game a lot so far, even more than unbound (which i think is one the best and most complete rom hacks out there).

I have a some questions/requests:

Do you plan to introduce Megas for the rest of the starters (i imagine that Gen 8 Megas will receive their Gigamax versions as Megas)?
    I'm not adding any more starter megas, there are far too many of them for that!
    Any time frame for when Gen 8 will be available?
    No.
    Can we have an option to disable the "Use L to use a Poke Ball" when battling wild encounters (not a priority, but is a little annoying)?
    Also no, that's part of the modern battle engine and is here to stay.
    Also, as far as balance goes, the game is incredible in my opinion (almost perfect if you ask me), but I'll personally make just a few changes:

I'm not a big fan of Weak Armor Samurott, and neither of his (original) stats distribution. In my opinion, Sturdy or Unburden will suit him a lot better (both competitively, being far more reliable than Weak Armor, and for his Formidable Samurai theme), i know Chesnaught has this combination (Shell Smash-Sturdy) but it suits Samurott a lot too and it can be his Water Counterpart/Option.

As for his stats, I think he needs a little speed and physical attack buff (if he's not going to have a Mega, of course), even if a nerf on other stat is required; as of now i think Samurott is HEAVILY outclassed by Mega Launcher Blastoise (and even more outclassed by his Mega). Also, it's pretty strange that it can't learn Cross Poison.
    I'm not considering suggestions for Pokémon changes at the moment, but I will say that I don't care if one mon outclasses another, as that will always be the case unless everything is buffed to be on par with Zacian. Mega Blastoise outclasses most set up sweepers and always will, it's just crazy strong. Samurott is perfectly usable as is and much stronger than it is in vanilla, which is enough IMO.
    Also, i know that asking for Serperior to be able to learn Overheat for a better coverage would be too much (even though it kinda fits his now Dragon Type), but Earth Power would be enough for a Special Att. Contrary build. Also, with all the Sand Rush, Shell Smash, etc, on the other Starters, i would up his speed just a little bit, like something between 113 to
    120 (and maybe the same for Decidueye too), maybe even his attack/special attack too (and just like Samurott, only if he's not going to receive a Mega in the future).

And last, one thing that i miss a lot from other romhack's balance in IE is Radical Red's Sceptile being more physical Attack oriented than Special Attack, and the mentioned physical attack buff (or swap) would pair like magic with Chloroplast for Solar Blade, or for Dragon Dance, Leaf Blade, etc, almost all of his design/set makes a lot more sense as a physical attacker.

And as a tiny side note, i would personally remove Shell Smash for Kommo-o, he's just to good overall to have such a game changer move imo.
    Shell Smash on Kommo-o is a placeholder for Clangorous Soul (which is better than Shell Smash in many situations), but is also a reference to the one that had it in the battle tree in Sun and Moon. It'll lose it in version 2.
    That's it, just my fifty cents in da club.
    Thanks! Responses in bold.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2021
    This hack is awesome and a ton of fun. I just had one thing come up because I realized a possible bug/unintended issue that was kind of disheartening and I hope it is a relatively easy fix, so I will try to explain in detail (this is a pretty minor issue that I just happened to run into). I was wanting to do a monotype water run and wanted to play with Protean Greninja because I never have before but ended up realizing that it is impossible to get the hidden ability for any of the starters. When choosing a starter at the beginning of the game you can't get the hidden ability by soft resetting or anything, it is straight-up a 0% chance you can only get the normal abilities when starting the game no matter what you do. Also, it isn't possible to breed to get the HA because the parent regardless of male or female has to have the HA for a chance to pass it down. So breeding is out of the question. So I checked the documentation and figured I would try the game corner buying one for 2500 coins but after 30+ minutes of just resetting and going through 100+ Froakies none of them ever got Protean, but they alternated between the normal abilities and had different IVs every time. Also the ability pills you can buy will not switch to a HA, it will only work on a pokemon that has two regular abilities and alternate those. And finally, even stated in the documentation, you can change the ball your pokemon is in but switching to a dream ball does not apply the effect.

I am assuming this is unintended and I would suggest if it is at all possible to make it so there is a chance to get the HA either from the beginning of the game or at least at the game corner. Or even a small chance from breeding somehow. I bet it's way harder than it sounds to implement this but figured I'd post this here in case anyone in the future has the same issue.

Before I posted this I just scrolled through the pokemon changes document and pretty much confirmed that this has to be a bug/unintended. A quick example is Meganium had a change specific to the HA but from what I can tell it is impossible to even experience this change in the game due to what I stated above (Bold indicates a change and italics is the HA): Overgrow/Flower Veil/Triage

It would make no sense for them to change something like this for it to be impossible to even happen in the game.

Also I don't know if there is a better place to post this since I can't find a discord or reddit or anything so it's going here for now.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    This hack is awesome and a ton of fun. I just had one thing come up because I realized a possible bug/unintended issue that was kind of disheartening and I hope it is a relatively easy fix, so I will try to explain in detail (this is a pretty minor issue that I just happened to run into). I was wanting to do a monotype water run and wanted to play with Protean Greninja because I never have before but ended up realizing that it is impossible to get the hidden ability for any of the starters. When choosing a starter at the beginning of the game you can't get the hidden ability by soft resetting or anything, it is straight-up a 0% chance you can only get the normal abilities when starting the game no matter what you do. Also, it isn't possible to breed to get the HA because the parent regardless of male or female has to have the HA for a chance to pass it down. So breeding is out of the question. So I checked the documentation and figured I would try the game corner buying one for 2500 coins but after 30+ minutes of just resetting and going through 100+ Froakies none of them ever got Protean, but they alternated between the normal abilities and had different IVs every time. Also the ability pills you can buy will not switch to a HA, it will only work on a pokemon that has two regular abilities and alternate those. And finally, even stated in the documentation, you can change the ball your pokemon is in but switching to a dream ball does not apply the effect.

I am assuming this is unintended and I would suggest if it is at all possible to make it so there is a chance to get the HA either from the beginning of the game or at least at the game corner. Or even a small chance from breeding somehow. I bet it's way harder than it sounds to implement this but figured I'd post this here in case anyone in the future has the same issue.

Before I posted this I just scrolled through the pokemon changes document and pretty much confirmed that this has to be a bug/unintended. A quick example is Meganium had a change specific to the HA but from what I can tell it is impossible to even experience this change in the game due to what I stated above (Bold indicates a change and italics is the HA): Overgrow/Flower Veil/Triage

It would make no sense for them to change something like this for it to be impossible to even happen in the game.

Also I don't know if there is a better place to post this since I can't find a discord or reddit or anything so it's going here for now.
    You're supposed to use an Ability Patch on them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2021
    Is Deoxys (or the Aurora Ticket) available in this hack, or any other event pokémon in particular?
    Edit: Nevermind, I read the item doc right after posting this. Oops!

Also, I find it pretty weird that Eelektrik and Eelektross can't learn Thunder Fang through tutoring. They're electric lampreys.
    Tynamo is fine not learning it, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    Is Deoxys (or the Aurora Ticket) available in this hack, or any other event pokémon in particular?

Also, I find it pretty weird that Eelektrik and Eelektross can't learn Thunder Fang through tutoring. They're electric lampreys.
    Tynamo is fine not learning it, though.

Yes you can find all event items and related pokemons, read the item locations docs. I believe Steven gives it to you post game. Eelektross doesn't learn thunder fang naturally, but it does get thunder punch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    Yeah those are both known, though I haven't been able to replicate the bug bite one recently.

One way is bringing a Sewaddle against Roxanne' s Lillep.
    But happens to me every time I Bug Bite a pokemon holding a berry. I gotta soft reset afterward if I do not want to lose the hold item.
    Hope that helps I guess.

So far I'm enjoying the game a lot! Again, thank you for the effort you put onto this.

Just wondering. Could I try to change the trainer's sprite for my personal use and enjoyment? :) I don't really know how to, but I'm quite tired of Brendan's Sprite. And by the way, I would love to improve some pokemon sprites too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    Hi ! Loving the game, and I'm just about to fight the league ! Just arrived on a curious thing : I thought Cacturne was not able to learn Knock Off in the game, so why is it that Sidney's one has it ? Is it a bug or maybe an oversight ? Because it sounds like a weird nerf to make.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    I have a mega bracelet and already gave megaston to pokemon but in the battle, the mega form didn't appear when my pokemon used move???//
    Please help?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    you mean in the next version, Kommo-o will lose his Shell Smash? Will it gain its signature Clangorous Soul ?

Yes, that's what placeholder means. It's just a temporary measure to allow Kommo to have a boosting move while clangorous soul is being worked on.

I have a mega bracelet and already gave megaston to pokemon but in the battle, the mega form didn't appear when my pokemon used move???//
    Please help?

1. Make sure you have obtained the bracelet from Norman (Dad) and gave the corresponding megastone to the right pokemon.
    2. In battle, in the screen to select a move, I believe you have to press "START" to activate it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    In the postgame, beside rematch with gym leaders, elite 4, bredan and may, is there something else to do or to baltte with ?
    Battle Frontier has been edited to the change in this version yet?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    I really like the look of this hack. I would play your others but I don't have a computer strong enough to run a 3DS emulator. I made my own personal Emerald hack just for fun (I have no intention of uploading it or anything) and a lot of the changes I made to typing and base stats were similar to yours. I hope you feel the motivation to see it through to the end. I know projects like this are demanding and often frustrating and I just wanted you to know I'm rooting for you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Well, I ended up realizing something while playing the ROM hack, after seeing a certain funny duck:

What's gonna be done with Kantonian Farfetch'd, since the Galarian form is now a Fighting type? Is its type gonna be changed back to Normal/Flying or will it be changed to something else? Or is there gonna be something extra wacky done about it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    I've been having fun with this hack, I really enjoy all the QoL and the wide pool of available pokemon. It also feels appropriately challenging for me, I like that it's very easy to customize, although regular route trainers are generally a bit too pushover for me. No real issue though.

One thing I'm wondering is, are there any save-editors or similar available for this hack? The latest PKHex will load it unlike the version I had installed when I started playing, but everything is wrong. I mostly want it to check IVs, but editing friendship (because I prefer to skip the whole mechanic) would also be nice. If there is an alternate way of doing the former though, I guess that would do as well.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I've been having fun with this hack, I really enjoy all the QoL and the wide pool of available pokemon. It also feels appropriately challenging for me, I like that it's very easy to customize, although regular route trainers are generally a bit too pushover for me. No real issue though.

One thing I'm wondering is, are there any save-editors or similar available for this hack? The latest PKHex will load it unlike the version I had installed when I started playing, but everything is wrong. I mostly want it to check IVs, but editing friendship (because I prefer to skip the whole mechanic) would also be nice. If there is an alternate way of doing the former though, I guess that would do as well.

You can check IVs and EVs by pressing A on the summary screen.

Back