• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    Can anyone confirm if the shiny chance is 1/1024? I have been trying torchic shiny, i try with breeding, SR's, but none of them show good results.

I totally new on the pokemon world so if anyone could help me, i really appreciate.
    Yes that is the shiny rate. Soft resetting is not a great idea for emerald due to rng issue.
    If you would like there is a version on the discord with increased shiny rate among other features.

How can my umbreon learn strengh sap? I fought one that had It, also How can pex learn haze?
    All eeveelutions can be returned back to eevee and then evolve again. I believe it's from a scientist in Devon Corp. This way you can teach your eevee moves from all evolutions.

Standard version is yet to be out right?
    No release date yet. Next update won't be out for awhile which is expected to be the gen 8 update.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi all, thought I'd share a dev update seeing as IE hasn't had an update in a while now. I've been pretty busy with life lately and haven't been able to reply to the thread like I usually would, so here's what's been going on:

Firstly, development slowed down quite a bit in October due to a merge with pokeemerald's master branch, which created conflicts in 289 files. That meant I had to go through every one of those files, find the conflicts, and figure out what needed to be done to fix them. Naturally, that took quite a while to get through, and once it was done, I found it had also broken the sound engine. Sound effects didn't work, opening a menu sped up the music somehow, and there was an annoying buzzing sound while the ROM was running. Fortunately, that wasn't too hard to fix, but it would've been the end of the hack otherwise!

Anyway, that's out of way now, and I'm back to actually working on version 2.0. So far, most of the gen 8 mechanics are done, along with the insanity mode difficulty, which changes certain trainer teams to be much stronger than they are on the current difficulties. I've also got wild Pokémon done, and some new locations, megas and abilities. There's a lot left to do before 2.0 is ready for release though, including bug fixes, move animations (almost 80 of them!), a few new features, and an AI overhaul.

Finally, for those of you wondering why the Github doesn't have any recent changes, that's because I've been doing all of this locally to avoid spoilers. Once 2.0 is out everything will be public again.

Years
    • Seen today
    I hope the life stuff works out for you!

Glad to hear you worked things out with the hack! :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi all, thought I'd share a dev update seeing as IE hasn't had an update in a while now. I've been pretty busy with life lately and haven't been able to reply to the thread like I usually would, so here's what's been going on:

Firstly, development slowed down quite a bit in October due to a merge with pokeemerald's master branch, which created conflicts in 289 files. That meant I had to go through every one of those files, find the conflicts, and figure out what needed to be done to fix them. Naturally, that took quite a while to get through, and once it was done, I found it had also broken the sound engine. Sound effects didn't work, opening a menu sped up the music somehow, and there was an annoying buzzing sound while the ROM was running. Fortunately, that wasn't too hard to fix, but it would've been the end of the hack otherwise!

Anyway, that's out of way now, and I'm back to actually working on version 2.0. So far, most of the gen 8 mechanics are done, along with the insanity mode difficulty, which changes certain trainer teams to be much stronger than they are on the current difficulties. I've also got wild Pokémon done, and some new locations, megas and abilities. There's a lot left to do before 2.0 is ready for release though, including bug fixes, move animations (almost 80 of them!), a few new features, and an AI overhaul.

Finally, for those of you wondering why the Github doesn't have any recent changes, that's because I've been doing all of this locally to avoid spoilers. Once 2.0 is out everything will be public again.

Thanks for letting us know why you were away for a while. A public release should be something like 6-12 months away considering how much more work is left to do until 2.0 is ready. Doesn't matter though. Take as much time as you need. Best of luck with hopefully no big setbacks =). Version 2.0 on insane is something I definitely look forward to!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    I don't know if it's just me but berries won't grow at all. When I start the game it tells me the internal battery has run dry. Am I not able to grow berries?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    Hi ! I noticed a bug during the meteor falls magma double battle, the Competitive ability did not activate after Krookodile's Intimidate. I saw in the bug file that a similar thing happened with Defiant, so maybe it's linked ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Hi! I used bug bite while holding the Exp. Share and due to the known bug I lost the item. Is there any way to get my Exp. Share back?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Hello! I've been having a blast playing this romhack. Lately I've been tired of playing regular Emerald randomizers so this is a nice change of pace. I also appreciate you putting Beldum in an early location, I've always wanted to use a Metagross early in a playthrough.

I've been wondering though, with how ambitious of an update this 2.0 version is gonna be, I have no doubt it's gonna take a long time for it to release. Long enough that it'll most likely release after Legends Arceus.

Basically what I'm trying to ask is, are there any plans on including the new Hisuian Pokemon in this gen 8 update once they're datamined?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    itI've just finished hard playtrough of version 1.13, its really amazing. So much improvement from the early version that I dropped only after 1st gym half year ago (level cap, level scale based wild pokemon, 3 perfect IV, cheap vitamins for 8 IV, easy training gear, etc.) and there is no bug anymore that can freeze the game, so I can fully play it with JohnGBA on my phone.

Thank you for BuffelSalt for making this amazing romhack.

My playthrough team :

Feraligatr @ Shell Bell
    Ability: Strong Jaw
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Liquidation
    - Psychic Fangs
    - Dragon Dance

Breloom @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Technician
    Jolly Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Swords Dance
    - Spore

Staraptor @ Choice Band
    Ability: Intimidate
    Jolly Nature
    - Return
    - Wing Attack
    - Close Combat
    - Quick Attack

Excadrill @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Trick

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Aurora Beam
    - Magnet Rise

I love playing hard rather than chalenge mode because on shift battle I can fully utilize 6 offensive mon with 252/252 on Atk or Spa / Spe for advantage matchup without bulky boring defensive mon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    Hey, just wanted to say thanks for putting together my new favorite Pokemon game of all time. This really is a gem and I can't thank you enough.

Anyway, I've been experimenting with different teams and getting something ready for gen 8 mons to be added and I can't wait to play around with Sirfetch'd, who's easily my fav gen 8 mon. So I was just wondering if there's any chance you're gonna give him access to more high crit chance moves to let him take better advantage of leek?
    Like I was thinking Psycho Cut fits him to a tee thematically, and I think Drill Run and Cross Chop would be cool as well, and not way too overpowered. Just a thought. Again, props on this romhack, it's absolutely brilliant.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I have some suggestions for buffs to some relatively unused abilities:
    • Have Run Away give immunity to trapping. Turns arguably the most useless (non-detrimental) ability in the game into a pretty good one and increases amount of available counterplay to trappers.
    • Change Cloud Nine's effect to removing current weather. This would let 4 fully evolved Pokemon clear weather on switch-in, which is only fair given how each condition has 4-5 available fully evolved setters and how strong weather is in general here.
    • If possible, make Forewarn only reveal moves that haven't been used by the opponent yet. As is, it fails to provide useful information more often than not.
    • Anticipation could also be changed to proc every time an enemy Pokemon switches in, both to further differentiate it from the proposed Forewarn and because out of all possible (fully evolved) users, only Wormadam has any reason to consider it over another ability.
    • Maybe also buff Tangle Feet's evasion chance to 66%? Would make Thrash Dodrio amusing. I'm not too sure about this one though, because it could prove very annoying to fight against.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Great to hear those news. Sounds REALLY promising implementing finally gen 8, and just one step closer to finish this.

Personally I know you always deliver a beautiful hack, and with each one, you're only but improving, so keep your good work, take your time, and if it's neccesary, leave this thread a little bit, so you can do this with a happy mood. After all this is an amateur passionate project, and please don't forget that. Cheers man :D

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Man.

Kinda wish I could use the custom Mega Evos in this in other hacks now. Mega Flygon and Milotic need more love.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    After 8 runs I still find the pokémon balance and new abilities so refreshing, the only one I find it pretty 'meh' is Delphox's Pyromancy. Yes, it has some semi-decent uses on doubles with Heat Wave, but most of the time you're FAR better with Blaze's reliable buff (I personally love how it works in IE) or Magic Guard + Life Orb (though I miss Mind Blown like in Radical Red), as of now Pyromancy is just a better RNG (what a same it doesn't learn Lava Plume or something with more than 10% burn chance) and you don't miss that much if you don't have it. It would be great if, aside from the x5 burn probability, it had another complementary effect (or Mystical Fire and Flame Charge being able to burn, it would make Delphox a pretty good debuff/buff pokémon).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    So, considering a certain legend adventure is coming soon, I should ask:

What are your plans with the Rom Hack once Legends Arceus releases? Are you gonna wait to release 2.0 til after you get all the new mons released in that game done and coded into the hack, or are you just gonna save them for later and release 2.0 as soon as you can?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello! I've been having a blast playing this romhack. Lately I've been tired of playing regular Emerald randomizers so this is a nice change of pace. I also appreciate you putting Beldum in an early location, I've always wanted to use a Metagross early in a playthrough.

I've been wondering though, with how ambitious of an update this 2.0 version is gonna be, I have no doubt it's gonna take a long time for it to release. Long enough that it'll most likely release after Legends Arceus.

Basically what I'm trying to ask is, are there any plans on including the new Hisuian Pokemon in this gen 8 update once they're datamined?
    So, considering a certain legend adventure is coming soon, I should ask:

What are your plans with the Rom Hack once Legends Arceus releases? Are you gonna wait to release 2.0 til after you get all the new mons released in that game done and coded into the hack, or are you just gonna save them for later and release 2.0 as soon as you can?
    No plans to include the new forms just yet, the resources needed for that currently don't exist and doing so would also break compatibility with existing saves.

I don't think I can reply to every individual post in the thread like I used to, but for what it's worth I am still reading all of them!

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Well, while ya obviously can't do it for all three, would slipping in the Mega for Typhlosion be feasible with some learnset tweaks?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    And to add other feedback to my comment about Delphox/Pyromancy (that I think the idea is pretty cool, just that it needs some tweaks/move changes), I think Primarina would be better with an ability like Dancer or Punk Rock instead of Berserk, it fits a lot thematically (music/show theme) and competitively it could be pretty interesting with the Oricorios, Bellossom or Volcarona for the first.

Last edited:
    Back