• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there a patch to allow the original RS sprites for the player characters to be used instead of the Emerald sprites?

Years
    • Seen today
    Oh, well that would be a cool feature for future updates. I imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to implement either. Forgive my ignorance if not. :)

Years
    I like this game so much, it really is all I ever wanted from a Pokemon game.
    Just being able to choose and easily customize my favourites and face against overpowered legendaries is awesome.
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

I'm still not done after beating it twice, I just wish there was a fix for the bad Gen 1,2 shinies (Gamefreak's fault).

The minor imperfections don't detract from how good this game is, but here are two oversights I came across:

- when re-matching the Elite four, even if you chose doubles, Glacia will battle in single mode;
    - B̵l̵u̵e̵ ̵F̵l̵a̵r̵e̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵s̵e̵e̵m̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵p̵r̵o̵c̵ ̵F̵l̵a̵s̵h̵ ̵F̵i̵r̵e̵.̵ (I was wrong, Turboblaze ability bypasses Flash Fire).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I like this game so much, it really is all I ever wanted from a Pokemon game.
    Just being able to choose and easily customize my favourites and face against overpowered legendaries is awesome.

I'm still not done after beating it twice, I just wish there was a fix for the bad Gen 1,2 shinies (Gamefreak's fault).

The minor imperfections don't detract from how good this game is, but here are two oversights I came across:

- when re-matching the Elite four, even if you chose doubles, Glacia will battle in single mode;
    - Blue Flare doesn't seem to proc Flash Fire.
    Thanks! I'm hoping to have all the known bugs fixed for the next version, though I'm sure new ones will crop up.

Years
    Hi I've played through the whole game on Normal mode and plan on doing Hard mode next. This hack adds a lot of content and the Pokémon variety makes it extremely replayable. In my hours of playing though, I did notice some things.

-If you have your Pokémon use Baton Pass, but the opponent goes first and KOs itself due to recoil or Explosion, the game softlocks on the Pokémon switch screen. (Highly specific)
    -Smeargle can't sketch Transform. This is apparently something from base Emerald and idk if it's possible to change, just wanted to throw it out there since you can Sketch it in modern games. Pretty minor though.
    -If you have a Rayquaza on your team that can Mega Evolve, the Mega Evolution text is altered for you and the opponent. This doesn't affect anything and I actually kind of like it since it happened during the postgame rival battle for me.

Like others have said, these minor issues don't have much impact on the overall great quality of the hack and I'm excited to see new updates.

Years
    I did a test battle and it seems to only happen if and after you Mega Evolve Rayquaza since it didn't happen if I Mega Evolved another Pokémon. Regardless, it is just a minor text bug that isn't urgent to fix.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi I've played through the whole game on Normal mode and plan on doing Hard mode next. This hack adds a lot of content and the Pokémon variety makes it extremely replayable. In my hours of playing though, I did notice some things.

-If you have your Pokémon use Baton Pass, but the opponent goes first and KOs itself due to recoil or Explosion, the game softlocks on the Pokémon switch screen. (Highly specific)
    -Smeargle can't sketch Transform. This is apparently something from base Emerald and idk if it's possible to change, just wanted to throw it out there since you can Sketch it in modern games. Pretty minor though.
    -If you have a Rayquaza on your team that can Mega Evolve, the Mega Evolution text is altered for you and the opponent. This doesn't affect anything and I actually kind of like it since it happened during the postgame rival battle for me.

Like others have said, these minor issues don't have much impact on the overall great quality of the hack and I'm excited to see new updates.

Thanks for the bug reports! I was aware of the wish mega bug but hadn't seen the other two. I suspect there are lots of obscure gen 3 mechanics around that need to be updated, it's hard to find a complete list of them all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi all, time for a quick and *slightly* overdue progress update. 2.0 is still not ready for release, but I am still working on it – the game's not dead yet! This is a big update and I don't have anywhere near as much free time to work on it as I used to, so it's taking much longer than I would've liked.

A lot of time was spent on merging in updates from the expansion branches Inclement is based on, and almost all of those merges introduced came with problems – new bugs, massive code conflicts, and save-breaking changes. They also included a lot of bug fixes though, so at the end of the day it was worth it.

Unfortunately, that means there's some bad news too: I'm sorry to say that current save files will NOT be compatible with 2.0. I was hoping to avoid breaking save compatibility until after the game was finished, but maintaining that now would mean undoing a massive amount of work and creating even more issues when merging the latest expansion changes, which is just not worth it. The upside to this is there's now more room for things like new mega stones, events and trainers, and eventually Hisuian mons. I'd like to include a way to transfer Pokémon from existing save files in a future update, so you'll still be able to take current mons to the Frontier when it's ready.

Anyway, thought I'd dump some of the stuff I've been working on here for anyone interested. Some of you may have seen these in the discord already, but for anyone who hasn't, here's a look at some of 2.0's shiny new features (just to be clear, Vikavolt is just a test dummy here - it's not getting either of those abilities!):

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hi all, time for a quick and *slightly* overdue progress update. 2.0 is still not ready for release, but I am still working on it – the game's not dead yet! This is a big update and I don't have anywhere near as much free time to work on it as I used to, so it's taking much longer than I would've liked.

A lot of time was spent on merging in updates from the expansion branches Inclement is based on, and almost all of those merges introduced came with problems – new bugs, massive code conflicts, and save-breaking changes. They also included a lot of bug fixes though, so at the end of the day it was worth it.

Unfortunately, that means there's some bad news too: I'm sorry to say that current save files will NOT be compatible with 2.0. I was hoping to avoid breaking save compatibility until after the game was finished, but maintaining that now would mean undoing a massive amount of work and creating even more issues when merging the latest expansion changes, which is just not worth it. The upside to this is there's now more room for things like new mega stones, events and trainers, and eventually Hisuian mons. I'd like to include a way to transfer Pokémon from existing save files in a future update, so you'll still be able to take current mons to the Frontier when it's ready.

Anyway, thought I'd dump some of the stuff I've been working on here for anyone interested. Some of you may have seen these in the discord already, but for anyone who hasn't, here's a look at some of 2.0's shiny new features (just to be clear, Vikavolt is just a test dummy here - it's not getting either of those abilities!):
    Will Pacify be blocked by certain abilities, just like Scrappy, Inner Focus etc. provide immunity to Intimidate?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    I wonder if there's an easy mode planned, since the "normal mode" was difficult already. My teams are always wiped out by Gym Leaders, Team Aqua and RIval. Battling against those opponents always has no level gap (i.e. my Pokemon level always equal to the opponent's Pokemon). This was a nightmare since gaining levels during battles makes the opponents Pokemon stronger as well. This was observed during the Team Aqua battles in the Oceanic Museum where you have a three battles in row.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Will Pacify be blocked by certain abilities, just like Scrappy, Inner Focus etc. provide immunity to Intimidate?
    Yep, it runs off the same code as Intimidate does so all the same abilities block it, including Hyper Cutter (might fix that one eventually).
    I wonder if there's an easy mode planned, since the "normal mode" was difficult already. My teams are always wiped out by Gym Leaders, Team Aqua and RIval. Battling against those opponents always has no level gap (i.e. my Pokemon level always equal to the opponent's Pokemon). This was a nightmare since gaining levels during battles makes the opponents Pokemon stronger as well. This was observed during the Team Aqua battles in the Oceanic Museum where you have a three battles in row.
    No plans for an easy mode at this point. Trainer levels are set at the start of a battle and do not change even if you level up mid battle; that event is three separate battles..

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Don't know of this has been asked before, but how come Typhlosion can no longer be taught Solarbeam?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Don't know of this has been asked before, but how come Typhlosion can no longer be taught Solarbeam?

This is answered in the first post:
    "Some TM/HM and tutor compatibility may be incorrect. These were done by hand before Sword and Shield were released and then updated, so it's very likely I made mistakes along the way! If a Pokémon doesn't learn a move that it should, please let me know so I can fix it!"
    Please do read the known bugs section, it may save you a lot of trouble! Thanks for reporting it though, it'll be fixed in the next release.

Years
    Wild double battles look awesome!

By new mega stones do you mean new original megas (mega Tentacool, mega Forretress, etc) or more gigantamax forms?
    I'm hyped either way.

Personally, I don't mind losing my save file (or my mons), but I wonder, if you could trade Pokemon could you also mix records and unlock your other secret base?

"If a Pokémon doesn't learn a move that it should, please let me know so I can fix it!"

I wouldn't mind if we got Bagon to learn Wish ^.^

Back