• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Inferno Red

Due to the request to have 2 regions (Kanto, Sevii and ???), which would you prefer?

• Johto (As it is connected to Kanto, plus see Johto 3 years prior to GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Hoenn (As the Kanto games take place at the same time as RSE/ORAS)

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Oh yes battle frontier is a must, regardless of additional regions or no additional regions. It adds so much more one can do post-game.
    Kinda tempted to make up my own Frontier and put it in Kanto. But, if the region ends up being Hoenn for the second one, it'll probably just go there.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • I'd say Hoenn for a change. I always wondered how Kanto would look in relation to Hoenn. (plus frlg was a gen3 game, hurr durr)

Really? Joining Team Rocket? It's not like you should do it, but whatever works. I was always partial to just beating up the evil team myself; it just fits in with the pace of the story.

Anyway, I'm liking this, and I definitely can't wait to play it!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    with regards to the HM moves can you change the typings on them at least? Cut is popularly edited into a bug move a lot of the time, this helps if you don't plan to add any post 3rd gen moves like X-Scissor as Cut will actually give Scyther and Pinser a STAB move. Strength should be a fighting attack or perhaps Rock since Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 along with G/S/C versions show the use of a giant boulder being used to hit the target. Fly should obviously stay the same type-wise but it should be stronger like it is in newer games. Surf is fine as is, and so is Flash, Waterfall, and Rock Smash. Though for Rock Smash making it just a little stronger would be nice. Base 50 or 60 sounds perfect.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I would like to see Hoenn in the game, because where would we get Gen 3 Pokemon? :p
    They could at least be located in their native homeland, instead of being scattered across Kanto and Sevii.
    Now, a problem would be the starting point upon entering Hoenn, but I'm sure you'll figure that out later.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • holy mother of go that looks amazing!!!! and could you gimme the pal offset for the status screen, i'm dying to change it's colors for my hack...

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Updates include GB Player and no Oak tutorial during the Rival battle, thanks to RichterSprites on that one.

Also, the Poké Dollars symbol has been replaced with the $. To mirror closer to the Japanese 円 (Yen/En) in the original.

Finally decapitalized type graphics:
    V7b0dIw.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2016
    Dude this game looks amazing man...Do you have a time frame for a beta or something?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2023
    Maybe add in something where you can get berries from using cut on trees. It would work like how rocksmash can find items. Also maybe add the chance to find a pokemon when using cut. Pretty much the same effect as headbutt.

As for two regions how about start in Kanto then go to Johto. Maybe have an event where when you go to Mt. Silver Gold will show up and battle you which puts you in the place of Red when he was battled in G/S/C. After that battle it could trigger for the time skip to happen and you can go back and re-battle the kanto gyms who all have new teams higher levels the works. The elite four of the time skip could be rivals or trainers from the past games that have now taken spots of the e4. Maybe have some more contests for catching pokemon and getting prizes. Have bug catching, Fishing, Ghost Hunt. Tournaments where you enter one pokemon of a type. Have a chance for pokemon to abandon their trainer based on happiness. Maybe also have trainers you fight a random chance that they will give you one of their pokemon to train. Have team rocket use pokemon that you believe they would steal like taruos, kangaskahan, Scyther, Gengar, Golem, etc. Sure they are grunts but I'm sure they could do better than over leveled zubat and ratacate.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Dude this game looks amazing man...Do you have a time frame for a beta or something?
    Not sure, I'd rather release a quality beta. Rather than rushing to get it done.

Maybe add in something where you can get berries from using cut on trees. It would work like how rocksmash can find items. Also maybe add the chance to find a pokemon when using cut. Pretty much the same effect as headbutt.

As for two regions how about start in Kanto then go to Johto. Maybe have an event where when you go to Mt. Silver Gold will show up and battle you which puts you in the place of Red when he was battled in G/S/C. After that battle it could trigger for the time skip to happen and you can go back and re-battle the kanto gyms who all have new teams higher levels the works. The elite four of the time skip could be rivals or trainers from the past games that have now taken spots of the e4. Maybe have some more contests for catching pokemon and getting prizes. Have bug catching, Fishing, Ghost Hunt. Tournaments where you enter one pokemon of a type. Have a chance for pokemon to abandon their trainer based on happiness. Maybe also have trainers you fight a random chance that they will give you one of their pokemon to train. Have team rocket use pokemon that you believe they would steal like taruos, kangaskahan, Scyther, Gengar, Golem, etc. Sure they are grunts but I'm sure they could do better than over leveled zubat and ratacate.
    May do the cut and headbutt ideas. Updated teams/story were already planned. Doubt it on Johto, there are plenty of Johto hacks and the people that voted, more picked Hoenn.

New Info -
    Inferno Red TM list (for now):

1. Focus Punch
    2. Outrage
    3. Scald
    4. U-Turn
    5. Stealth Rock
    6. Toxic
    7. Horn Drill
    8. Giga Impact
    9. Dazzling Gleam
    10. Hidden Power
    11. Sunny Day
    12. Dark Pulse
    13. Ice Beam
    14. Blizzard
    15. Hyper Beam
    16. Shadow Claw
    17. Protect
    18. Rain Dance
    19. Poison Jab
    20. Substitute
    21. Toxic Spikes
    22. Solar Beam
    23. Iron Tail
    24. Thunderbolt
    25. Thunder
    26. Earthquake
    27. Return
    28. Dig
    29. Psychic
    30. Shadow Ball
    31. Brick Break
    32. Fissure
    33. Ice Punch
    34. Shock Wave
    35. Flamethrower
    36. Sludge Bomb
    37. Focus Blast
    38. Fire Blast
    39. Dragon Pulse
    40. Aerial Ace
    41. ThunderPunch
    42. Façade
    43. Energy Ball
    44. Rest
    45. Attract
    46. Thief
    47. Steel Wing
    48. Fire Punch
    49. X-Scissor
    50. Overheat

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2023
    Good list, it could use some swords dance.

As for Hoenn will this take place before the events of R/S/E or after? Just because if it takes place before then Norman, Tate, Liza, and Flannery wouldn't yet be gym leaders. Norman just moved there with his family. Flannery took over for her grandpa, and Tate and Liza's ages may have to be in consideration. Then again I doubt anyone would really think long enough about that lol.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    It'd take place roughly around Brendan getting the 7th Badge and dealing with Magma/Aqua since the timelines are the same for Kanto and Hoenn. But, I gotta get through Kanto/Sevii before deciding what to do with Hoenn.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    This Hack is Awesome! I'm so excited to play this when it's done
    Glad you like it so far!

Sorry progress has been slow, tend to work on it when I feel like it and I work a decent amount throughout the week(s).

Here's the only update I have for now:
    NN3qIgP.jpg

The Vermilion lot gets used.

Link4799

Gage Linkous
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    Game looks great! 721 pokemon in one game is begging for monotype runs. I'd suggest making type variety early on, so monotype lovers can really get into this. i know id love to do a monorun in this. (probably fire haha) I agree there should be multiple regions for a pokedex this large though, but beware that the difficulty doesn't drop; once the levels get high, drop some advanced movesets, like thunderpunching charizards, brick breaking swamperts, etc.

Looks like a great game!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    The Vermillion lot actually being used???? SUBBED! BEST HACK 2015)11!!! @ID@JO@#

But seriously, the concept seems pretty sweet. I'll definitely stay tuned for updates.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Some updates, albeit it's only small ones:

- Repel function from BW2 is now in:
    l15g7ym.png

-HG/SS music patch is in.

- Pokémon Bank has been mapped.

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • You've put in a lot of work and time into implementing all these new features, and I applaud you. I would also like to say that's the sickest title screen I've ever seen, too hype, too pure.

This is probably going to end up being the definitive Fire Red ROM hack, and I really hope this goes well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back