• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Love this game, 2 steps on the beach and already found and caught a kangaskhan.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 15, 2016
Okay sorry if my questions are annoying if it is just say so :)

A couple more questions.

Question 1: Why did you decide to leave animations out? Some animations like magnitude earthquake and a lot more other animations are taken out of the game why is that?

Question 2: I want to train a Steelix to replace my Golem (Golem is strong, but I want more pokémon), but where can I find a metal coat to give to my Onix?

Question 3: This is a question thats kinda the same as a previous question I had. 15 is the final rank before you get the credits, but are there more ranks? I'm at rank 11 now I think and they still use level 40ish pokémon, but when I first started playing I was kinda under the impression that they will eventually reach into the level 80 pokémon and such also when I first saw Janine I was under the impression you would put in every gym leader and elite 4 untill the fifth generation. Can you explain me a bit more about it?

Okay I have another question how do you get Glaceon? Were is the Ice rock in this game?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Okay I have another question how do you get Glaceon? Were is the Ice rock in this game?
Got a question about the eeveelutions as well: since this game has no real time clock system, how do you get umbreon and espeon?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 15, 2016
Got a question about the eeveelutions as well: since this game has no real time clock system, how do you get umbreon and espeon?

Im pretty sure it works with the clock of your pc. So if you play at night its night. Atleast that was the case with Pokémon godra although you can try if this works.

I ended up making my Eevee a jolteon instead of a glaceon.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
can you put real mega evolution in the game please
This is on my plans if new versions come out!

Okay sorry if my questions are annoying if it is just say so :)

A couple more questions.

Question 1: Why did you decide to leave animations out? Some animations like magnitude earthquake and a lot more other animations are taken out of the game why is that?

Question 2: I want to train a Steelix to replace my Golem (Golem is strong, but I want more pokémon), but where can I find a metal coat to give to my Onix?

Question 3: This is a question thats kinda the same as a previous question I had. 15 is the final rank before you get the credits, but are there more ranks? I'm at rank 11 now I think and they still use level 40ish pokémon, but when I first started playing I was kinda under the impression that they will eventually reach into the level 80 pokémon and such also when I first saw Janine I was under the impression you would put in every gym leader and elite 4 untill the fifth generation. Can you explain me a bit more about it?
You aren't annoying! =)

1. They weren't taken out, they never are implement because I aren't good with animations and there's too many moves, so even if I spend a lot of time and make 100 animations, this isn't even half and a lot of people will miss these animations, maybe even more than if I miss all.
  2. At Valley, in ground. Rarely at wild Magnemite, Steelix and Bronzor.
  3. No, this haven't every GYM Leader and E4, or else this gonna surpass rank 24. I guess that is better that you go by yourself than I explain about the ranks struture. And yes, level cap goes even beyond and there extra stuff after the credits.
  4. To evolve into Glaceon, just gain a level in Cave area.

Using the items Sun Shard and Moon Shard.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
can you add real mega evolution mega rayquaza and primal groudon/kyogre

and hoopa hoopa unbound diance mega diance volcanion and the moves dragon acention
origin pulse and pripice blades

Last edited by a moderator:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
can you add real mega evolution mega rayquaza and primal groudon/kyogre

and hoopa hoopa unbound diance mega diance volcanion and the moves dragon acention
origin pulse and pripice blades
Yes! Gen VI and gen VII content are in my plans if new versions come out. Probably I can't add the effects, but I will try something similar.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Is there a map/walkthrough/wiki thing for this game? The sea is really irritating to navigate without it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Someone beaten my records on Pokémon Fitness? I would like to see the record screen of some players.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 3, 2016
Is there an item storage in this game? I can't bring many items around

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Is there an item storage in this game? I can't bring many items around
You can store the items in the blue wardrobe in the player house (in the top left, the one with blue roof).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
I'm making a playthrough (No Commentary, Pure Game) of this at the moment on my YouTube Channel, just wanted to say FL, I'm really enjoying it so far!

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Bugs
-Croagunk doesn't have an ability (not sure if it's only mine who doesn't tho), here's proof: prntscr (dot) com (slash) bvr9ae - I believe a wild one activated dry skin - as it should - but I can't 100% guarantee it
-Aqua Ring, at least when used on ducklett, says he has absorved energy with its roots, that should be what ingrain says not aqua ring (not sure if ingrain is correct since I've used it yet), here's the proof: prntscr (dot) com (slash) bwj9wa
-Castform doesn't transform - his type does change, his sprite doesn't. (only tested with the fire form).
-U-Turn doesn't work properly. The pkm using it (hoppip) didn't return to my hand in order to switch to another one.
-Ditto does change forms, but the sprite stays the same (tested against Hoppip).
-Not a bug: Quite weird for Weepinbell to be found on cave, perhaps forest would make more sense?
-Bug in the storage, couldn't store a pkm using move and store afterwards. Tried multiple times, always the same result:
Spoiler:

Questions
-Can shinies be found in the pkm store?
-Is there a way to know - ingame or not - the IVs and EVs of any pkm? without having the need to count how many pkm we smash and such?
-Where can Macho Brace and the Power Items (like power weight) be found/bought and when?
-I saw a few posts ago that it was said that the moves were from Gen III, is that still correct? if so that means what exactly? That base power, accuracy, pkm learnset (either by lvl up, breeding, tm, etc) and all that is like it was in Gen III? I would go as far as asking if no Gen IV+ moves were in the game but, if I'm not mistaken, a munchlax used metronome which turned into dark pulse (Gen IV) so I guess moves are in.
-The breeding mechanics are from which gen? is anything different in pkm island from the main games? (for example, if they are from G3 but the power items will make the egg inherit a specific IV)

Suggestions
-On the input keys, would it be possible to have, in a future update, to have two keys assigned for movement? (for example, I would like to move the character/menus with the notepad and with ASDW without having to change it every time).
-Would it be possible to chose the nature in the Pkm Store? Even i that meant to pay an extra fee for the pokémon. I mean, we just keep reloading the game until the right pkm comes along, so why not just have another place to burn cash and make the process easier...
-Also in the Pkm Store: Maybe a fee to give the possibility of better IV range (for example: 5% chance to have a random IV at 25+ cost $1000, and so forth up until maybe guarantee one (or more) specific IV at 31 for say $30000 each or something like that).
-A bank to store our cash instead of risking to lose it everything we go to battle (or spending it beforehand (or reloading the game)), maybe charging a fee to deposit said money.
-Easier route between Teletransport Station and Pkm Center (it takes a little while).

Sorry for so many questions but I would like to start to EV training my final team asap and don't really want to plan it and then having to scrap it in the end.
Thanks and great game btw

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
-Aqua Ring, at least when used on ducklett, says he has absorved energy with its roots, that should be what ingrain says not aqua ring (not sure if ingrain is correct since I've used it yet), here's the proof: prntscr (dot) com (slash) bwj9wa
-U-Turn doesn't work properly. The pkm using it (hoppip) didn't return to my hand in order to switch to another one.
Like I said on Read me.txt, at "Errors identified" section:

New generation 4/5 move effects works differently. Some like Psycho Shift trade the Ability and others like Trump Card works like Reversal

Croagunk doesn't have an ability (not sure if it's only mine who doesn't tho), here's proof: prntscr (dot) com (slash) bvr9ae - I believe a wild one activated dry skin - as it should - but I can't 100% guarantee it
Also, as listed on thread, this game only have Gen 3 Abilities. Since Croagunk only have abilities introduced after Gen 3, I left it without ability.

Castform doesn't transform - his type does change, his sprite doesn't. (only tested with the fire form).
-Ditto does change forms, but the sprite stays the same (tested against Hoppip).
Also, from Read me.txt, at "Errors identified" section:

Animations in battle
Forecast and Transform counts.

Not a bug: Quite weird for Weepinbell to be found on cave, perhaps forest would make more sense?
The cave have a little grass, but I agree about this being a little strange. I fact, I only put Weepinbell in the Cave because the original cave that this area is based off has a Weepinbell.

Bug in the storage, couldn't store a pkm using move and store afterwards. Tried multiple times, always the same result:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'm surprised that no one found this bug before.

Can shinies be found in the pkm store
"Pokémon Shop" you mean? I believe yes, but aren't sure.

Is there a way to know - ingame or not - the IVs and EVs of any pkm? without having the need to count how many pkm we smash and such?
Yes. With a scientist at Pokémon Hotel, only accessible when you have Rank 16.

Where can Macho Brace and the Power Items (like power weight) be found/bought and when
At Pokémon Market, starting on rank 16. You can also find a single Macho Brace on Underground.

I saw a few posts ago that it was said that the moves were from Gen III, is that still correct? if so that means what exactly? That base power, accuracy, pkm learnset (either by lvl up, breeding, tm, etc) and all that is like it was in Gen III? I would go as far as asking if no Gen IV+ moves were in the game but, if I'm not mistaken, a munchlax used metronome which turned into dark pulse (Gen IV) so I guess moves are in.
The learnset is from Gen 5. Generally every other thing is from Gen 3 with a few exceptions, like Giga Drain with PP 10, like Gen 4 and after. The moves from Gen 4/5 that have NEW EFFECT I swapped for the ones that I thing that are most similiar or effective for that move, like Ingrain for Aqua Ring.

The breeding mechanics are from which gen? is anything different in pkm island from the main games? (for example, if they are from G3 but the power items will make the egg inherit a specific IV)
Emerald. I believe that I changed something to the newer games but I can't remember what, and aren't the Power items.

On the input keys, would it be possible to have, in a future update, to have two keys assigned for movement? (for example, I would like to move the character/menus with the notepad and with ASDW without having to change it every time).
Good suggestion!

-Would it be possible to chose the nature in the Pkm Store? Even i that meant to pay an extra fee for the pokémon. I mean, we just keep reloading the game until the right pkm comes along, so why not just have another place to burn cash and make the process easier...
-Also in the Pkm Store: Maybe a fee to give the possibility of better IV range (for example: 5% chance to have a random IV at 25+ cost $1000, and so forth up until maybe guarantee one (or more) specific IV at 31 for say $30000 each or something like that).
Uh. Leaving people reseting isn't a good behaviour for me, so I'm thinking about making the reverse: A fixed amount of pokémon attributes, decided when you create your save. Basically, the first Tyrogue that you buy will have nature X, no matter how many times you reset, the second will have nature Y and so on. Anyway, you can breed pokémon from Pokémon Shop, so isn't a big problem.

A bank to store our cash instead of risking to lose it everything we go to battle (or spending it beforehand (or reloading the game)), maybe charging a fee to deposit said money.
You only lose half of your money and only when you lose outside of city. But the bank idea was good. I was thought about it before, but instead of paying a fee, you receive a little money boost.

Easier route between Teletransport Station and Pkm Center (it takes a little while)
I thought that was short enough, but I will think it again when I redo the city on version 2.0.

Thanks for the bug reports (detailed with images and suggestions!

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
you welcome, and again, sorry for such a long post (I actually edited it multiple times, every time i found/remembered something new).

Just to be clear, the move/store bug only started to happen at that time, in other words, i did move/store 2-3 from the party successfully, only the third (or forth) one gave me that error message. Just thought to make that clear. Haven't tried it since and not sure if I've done it before, but highly doubt it.

The nature thing in the pkm shop that you explained would be a solution (that personally I wouldn't like, but oh well), because resetting is way easier than biking back and forth to hatch eggs and praying that the nature, ivs and ability are good enough.
Taking advantage of your idea, would then suggest: Paying extra for a nature but having the IVs not changing with each reset, at least that way one could use that pkm for breeding with an everstone right away. If the nature wouldn't matter, one would simply buy the cheapest one available (maybe giving only bad natures to the cheapest option (like -def, -sp def, and maybe neutrals)).

You said that you changed something to make it similar if the move/ability wasn't implemented. That being said, croagunk would probably benefit having water absorb while there's no dry skin implemented (the difference would be that sunlight wouldn't take hp from him, rain wouldn't give him hp, and fire attacks wouldn't do extra 25% damage) but at least water moves wouldn't hurt him and would give him hp (making him a semi-good pkm for dual battles using surf on his partner).

I know that you know some moves aren't as they were supposed to be, and while not trying to sound like a b****, Smack down doesn't have its effect working properly or at least no message says it does (as I haven't seen said move before your game) - hope it's alright to warn you about this, cuz even tho you are aware of it, you might not be aware of all the moves that don't work properly

And... Could you tell me when does Underground unlock? I'm at rank 11, guessing it's close

Thanks

Back