• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
There's no way to "speed up" the game, like you do with the GBA emulators?
I know you can speed up text and everything else, but that doesn't do it for me, the game is still to slow.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
There's no way to "speed up" the game, like you do with the GBA emulators?
I know you can speed up text and everything else, but that doesn't do it for me, the game is still to slow.
I'm not an expert, but I think you can't speed up the game, because this is not a rom, this is Essentials and it works like original Pokemon games, without cheats, speed ups, maybe because there is no Script for this "speed up", I don't know if there is, but till now I didn't find one to speed up the game, so there might be none, but I think you can run fast or riding a bike, but the in-battle is still slow, you need patience or rather download roms, but I highly recommend this game, its really awesome!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
I'm not an expert, but I think you can't speed up the game, because this is not a rom, this is Essentials and it works like original Pokemon games, without cheats, speed ups, maybe because there is no Script for this "speed up", I don't know if there is, but till now I didn't find one to speed up the game, so there might be none, but I think you can run fast or riding a bike, but the in-battle is still slow, you need patience or rather download roms, but I highly recommend this game, its really awesome!
Yeah that's what i feared. I like the game, but for example, I picked Chimchar yesterday and the Rival picked up Piplup and I just kept hitting him for 2hp with every attack and the fight dragged out. That why I like ROM's because I can speed that process up. This game is just too slow for me.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
you welcome, and again, sorry for such a long post (I actually edited it multiple times, every time i found/remembered something new).
No problem about the long post!

Just to be clear, the move/store bug only started to happen at that time, in other words, i did move/store 2-3 from the party successfully, only the third (or forth) one gave me that error message. Just thought to make that clear. Haven't tried it since and not sure if I've done it before, but highly doubt it.
I manage to reproduce the error, that is enough for fix it, but thanks for the information anyway.

The nature thing in the pkm shop that you explained would be a solution (that personally I wouldn't like, but oh well), because resetting is way easier than biking back and forth to hatch eggs and praying that the nature, ivs and ability are good enough.
Taking advantage of your idea, would then suggest: Paying extra for a nature but having the IVs not changing with each reset, at least that way one could use that pkm for breeding with an everstone right away. If the nature wouldn't matter, one would simply buy the cheapest one available (maybe giving only bad natures to the cheapest option (like -def, -sp def, and maybe neutrals)).
I guess that is easier for me, and better for player that I implement new breeding mechanics for passing Ability/Nature/IVs down rather that have Nature option for purchase.

You said that you changed something to make it similar if the move/ability wasn't implemented. That being said, croagunk would probably benefit having water absorb while there's no dry skin implemented (the difference would be that sunlight wouldn't take hp from him, rain wouldn't give him hp, and fire attacks wouldn't do extra 25% damage) but at least water moves wouldn't hurt him and would give him hp (making him a semi-good pkm for dual battles using surf on his partner).
I change only the move effects. I didn't gave Abilities for pokémon that won't learning this normally like "Water Absorb". Indeed, this is an option.

I know that you know some moves aren't as they were supposed to be, and while not trying to sound like a b****, Smack down doesn't have its effect working properly or at least no message says it does (as I haven't seen said move before your game) - hope it's alright to warn you about this, cuz even tho you are aware of it, you might not be aware of all the moves that don't work properly
You are right. I need to change the move descriptions.

And... Could you tell me when does Underground unlock? I'm at rank 11, guessing it's close
Underground is unlocked when you have rank 13.

Can the game be played on Android
No, sorry.

Can you make a GBA4ios version? Thank you!
No, sorry. Probably isn't possible to do the game as rom, due to GBA limitations, and doing the game from scratch for Android/iOS is VERY time-consuming. For comparison, he time that I can make the game from scratch into iOS, I can make around three games with the content/size of Island using Pokémon Essentials.

Actually, there is. I won't put it as my choice:
The fastforward makes the game looks a little unnatural and isn't too necessary because I put several options to make the game can be more quick like reverse run (you normally run and when holding the run button you walk), quick battle start, quick hp bar up/down speed, etc...
I suggest Galacticos to put everything in game options on "Fast".

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Actually, there is. I won't put it as my choice:
I suggest Galacticos to put everything in game options on "Fast".
I didn't know there was a Script, but as I watched it, I wouldn't put it as my choise too, because they say it looks weird. Yeah, making everything on Fast makes the game lot faster.

Now another problem I have, I read you wrote we can post about your scripts, if we have problem? idk if I should write it here or somewhere else, as I'm confused where to put something in Forums generally.. so here goes the question: How do I make the Family Tree (your script), I copied your code on Essentials Wiki (Tutorials) and paste it above main, I called the Script "Family Tree" and I download'ed all graphics in "Graphics/Pictures" but it didn't work, neither with eggs nor with Pokémon, so I decided to rename the images, from familytreesummary1.PNG into summary1, it showed up on the summary screen from my Pokémon but when I click on right (arrow) key it don't goes to the right, I made all steps you said = (but I have some questions though)
Spoiler:

So do I need to rename the files again? I couldn't find any summary image paths on your code besides those eggs-images. And do I need to make a 6th page on scripts or change the control screen, because I can't click on right to show the family tree, which is so awesome if it would work, I really need this, sorry for so many questions. I just can answer that no error occurs just the family don't show up and I can't click on the "right key" to go to the familytree-screen, I hatched an egg and even though I couldn't see any family-tree, it shows up on screen but I can't click on right-key to go there, I hope you understand my question and you don't mind me to ask here, thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Why isn't there a PC in the Trade building? It's way more convinient then going back and forth to your storage then to Trade.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Hey FL, I was playing your most recent updated version of this pokemon island game, and I found this machine that is right next to the computer in professor oaks lab. It is the 2nd object to the right of the first object in the top left corner of Professor Oaks lab, and well I did a combination of 120 random numbers that was all different cause I am trying to get it correct to see what happens, and well I was woundering did you actually built a script that holds the correct integer for the machine to have, and something will happen? if you did not then it will save me alot of time cause there is about 46 thousand different combinations , but if you did build an integer for it could you please give me a hint? like what is the first number to the answer it'll help a lot and glad to see what you have stored for us in that machine, hehehe lol :) hope to hear back from you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
Does synchronize work properly outside of battle? (aka if a pkm with said ability os the first in the party 50% of the wild pkms wild have the nature of that pkm)
Would make it easier to hunt for dittos and others.

New breeding mechanics, I agree with you. PokeMMO as good breeding mechanics (check their documentation for a better explanation), essentially the Baby will inherit the nature of the everstone parent, and 1 IV of each parent (if they are holding a power item for said IV). The only bad thing for this is that both parents disappear after breeding (in pokemmo at least) which makes it really costly.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Now another problem I have, I read you wrote we can post about your scripts, if we have problem?
Yes, but in the right threads. Let's continue this discussion in another place, I sent you a PM.

Why isn't there a PC in the Trade building? It's way more convinient then going back and forth to your storage then to Trade.
This isn't a bad suggestion. I probably allow pokémon storage selection in Local Trade Station in a new version.

Hey FL, I was playing your most recent updated version of this pokemon island game, and I found this machine that is right next to the computer in professor oaks lab. It is the 2nd object to the right of the first object in the top left corner of Professor Oaks lab, and well I did a combination of 120 random numbers that was all different cause I am trying to get it correct to see what happens, and well I was woundering did you actually built a script that holds the correct integer for the machine to have, and something will happen? if you did not then it will save me alot of time cause there is about 46 thousand different combinations , but if you did build an integer for it could you please give me a hint? like what is the first number to the answer it'll help a lot and glad to see what you have stored for us in that machine, hehehe lol :) hope to hear back from you.
For a limited time I asked people to send me arena trainers teams for implementing into the game. Since the arena trainers are randomly selected I created this machine to "force" a certain arena trainer for these people. The number 470, for example, force the rival to be a trainer with blue tuxedo and black glasses.

Does synchronize work properly outside of battle? (aka if a pkm with said ability os the first in the party 50% of the wild pkms wild have the nature of that pkm)
Would make it easier to hunt for dittos and others.

New breeding mechanics, I agree with you. PokeMMO as good breeding mechanics (check their documentation for a better explanation), essentially the Baby will inherit the nature of the everstone parent, and 1 IV of each parent (if they are holding a power item for said IV). The only bad thing for this is that both parents disappear after breeding (in pokemmo at least) which makes it really costly.
I guessed yes, but I actually forget about putting it, sorry!

is there a way you can make this a nds rom?
No, sorry. This is the same thing that I said at my last post about gba version.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
Hey,I got a question: what do I do with the blue,red,green and yellow shards???

Oh and at what rank I get another map unlocked after the SEA MAP?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hey,I got a question: what do I do with the blue,red,green and yellow shards???

Oh and at what rank I get another map unlocked after the SEA MAP?
You can use a Red Shard, a Blue Shard, a Yellow Shard and a Green Shard to revive a fossil in Research and Development Center. You can also trade 20 of any of these shards for a Luxury Ball.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
Hey, i have a question.

The game has 649 pokémon and was done with them all in mind, but if you just like the old pokémon then just use them! You can build a team with only the first 151 pokémon only on the beach. i qoated this from the first page.

when i go to the beach i can only find 10ish different pokemon, how am i supposed to find 151 on the beach alone?, and it's the same for all other places, they all have 10 different pokemon to catch. how does that work?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, i have a question.

The game has 649 pokémon and was done with them all in mind, but if you just like the old pokémon then just use them! You can build a team with only the first 151 pokémon only on the beach. i qoated this from the first page.

when i go to the beach i can only find 10ish different pokemon, how am i supposed to find 151 on the beach alone?, and it's the same for all other places, they all have 10 different pokemon to catch. how does that work?
I mean that you can catch at least 6 of the first 151 in the beach and make a team with these pokémon, sorry if this wasn't clear.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Quick question:
is there a level cap for traded pokemons to which they follow your commands? If so, is there a way i can look it up?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
isnt there an open world to explore?

how can i turn off or reduce the sound?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
Hello, just downloaded the game last week and now i am in the sea stage.

It has been already 2 days and i still havent found the second portal. I spent lots of Super Repels and Escape Ropes in this stage searching for this portal, but with no luck.

I found an arrow that i assume its pointing to the exit, but still i got to nowhere that i havent gone yet.

Can anyone give me more hints of the second portal in the sea stage other than the arrow pointing to its direction?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
Another question about the game.

How do i know the amount of happiness my pokemon have?

And which stages can i consider that have nighttime?

Back