• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    Hello, I've been playing this game for the last week and I must say I'm impressed, I love the whole concept of getting access to new content as one increases his rank in the colosseum, and the variety of locations inspires me to complete the pokédex. Right now I'm rank 9 at ~30 (20 in-game) hours of gameplay, I'm taking it easy.

I'd like to know, what is the prospect of a 1.3 release, and what kind of new content can we expect from it? I know you don't have a lot of free time, but it's kind of sad not to be able to enjoy some Gen 4-5 pokémons since they don't have their abilities (I'm not a pokémon enthusiast by the way, I just play this game for fun).

Also, are you looking for help with development? I think there are some tweaks that can be made for improving the quality of this fangame (for instance, some text lines and graphics can be improved).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'd like to know, what is the prospect of a 1.3 release

Hard to say a date, since it varies a lot with my free time. At best case, still this year. At worst case, years later.

and what kind of new content can we expect from it?
    I intend to 1.3 be a "fix" revision with few new features and a lot of "Quality of Life" improvements like dialog to reuse Repels. Gen 6-8 stuff (pokémon and Fairy type) I gonna leave to 2.0.

Some plans for 1.3:
    • New Fitness minigame
    • New Rod minigame
    • Redo last area
    • Game percent completion (like Donkey Kong Country and Crash)
    • A bigger signaling on Sea Area, so people may find first portal easily
    • Summary/Pokédex Screen revamps
    • Fix move descriptions

but it's kind of sad not to be able to enjoy some Gen 4-5 pokémons since they don't have their abilities (I'm not a pokémon enthusiast by the way, I just play this game for fun).
    I thinking on implementing at least more important ones like Arceus, Regigigas (now it has Truant) and Cherrim. I want Zoroark too, but his Ability is kinda complex, so is low priority.

Also, are you looking for help with development? I think there are some tweaks that can be made for improving the quality of this fangame (for instance, some text lines and graphics can be improved).
    Yes! I always accept grammar improvements suggestions! About the graphics, what ones?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    About the graphics, well, some in-battle text boxes are not vertically centered, the Frame number 16 (the blue and red one) is really compressed and the "Island" word in the title screen has some white pixels around the letters that could be deleted, or anti-aliased. Also, in some maps, I saw possible design errors (like misplaced tiles). I'll report you about my findings later.

Regarding text lines, I can send you a PM with every line I think it could be gramatically improved (take in account that I'm not a native english speaker). It could take me a while to deliver, since I have to revisit some places and maybe I'll have to consult some native speakers for some minor things.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    some in-battle text boxes are not vertically centered
    Can you explain more? A screen may help.

the Frame number 16 (the blue and red one) is really compressed
    You say about the "shadows"? I guess that this is on purpose. This is on base Essentials and I never saw anyone noticing. Very low priority anyway.

the "Island" word in the title screen has some white pixels around the letters that could be deleted, or anti-aliased
    The Island title screen was something that I never liked. Too stretched. I planning on redo the Title Screen at 2.0, but I didn't notice this particular detail.

Also, in some maps, I saw possible design errors (like misplaced tiles)
    Like the ones at Beach start? I agree. Several ones are references very badly done. I planning on redo at 2.0.

Regarding text lines, I can send you a PM with every line I think it could be gramatically improved (take in account that I'm not a native english speaker). It could take me a while to deliver, since I have to revisit some places and maybe I'll have to consult some native speakers for some minor things.
    Okay!

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Really miss the good old days when me and my boys played this game together. So much fun. I've lost my progress (360 hours i think) and i have replayed for a few times but the sea always stops me from playing more because i never find the way out. I still check for new updates since 2018. Hope you can do more updates in the future.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Really miss the good old days when me and my boys played this game together. So much fun. I've lost my progress (360 hours i think) and i have replayed for a few times but the sea always stops me from playing more because i never find the way out. I still check for new updates since 2018. Hope you can do more updates in the future.
    Wow! Huge time! The sea needs a urgent adjusts. Escape Ropes aren't enough.

can anyone tell me where to get the exp share please
    At Rarity Shop starting at rank 5. You can also buy at Pokémon Market after completing the game.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I know there is a listing of the Unova Pokemon levels when they are holding the Unova crown, but I can't seem to find it. Do you happen to know either the page it is on or have the listing FL?

Also, has anybody documented the Colosseum levels? Documentation listing what Pokemon, levels, and money reward each trainer in the Colosseum gives?

If not...I am considering doing that.

Edit: I found the listing! For future reference incase anyone else needs it it is on page 13, although most of the names are in Japanese romaji. And potentially incorrect.

Also If I do document trainers I'm only doing it for the single and double Colosseum. I am also not going to document Pokemon locations because between the Pokedex and the research scientist at the lab you should be able to figure (most) everything out for yourself.

Edit 2: And finally, sorry for all the questions and such! But is the Beldum line useable in the Colosseum? Also, where is Baltoy/Claydoll?

Edit 3: I vaguely remember Claydoll being in the Underground but I am not 100% sure.

Edit 4: I got Claydoll and Baltoy! However can't seem to find a Luvdisc at the Sea area for Heart Scales. I know it's rare but should I be using the good rod or the super rod at the sea area? Also what is the best way to find more Alomamola or Luvdisc?

Edit 5: I am sorry for asking all the questions in the universe, hopefully this will be the last one this year but where can I find a Macho Brace or the other power items if I can get them at all? Or do I have to beat the game?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    yeah especially a thing that tells you what hidden power a pokemon has based on the IVs.
    Good suggestion! I probably put on move data.

Also, has anybody documented the Colosseum levels? Documentation listing what Pokemon, levels, and money reward each trainer in the Colosseum gives?

List of Single Colosseum trainers:
    Spoiler:

List of Double Colosseum trainers:
    Spoiler:

And finally, sorry for all the questions
    You can question as you wish! I like to know what the players want to know on this game!

But is the Beldum line useable in the Colosseum?
    I'm not sure if you was questioned if Beldum line is a good pokémon for Colosseum or if someone uses Beldum line on Colosseum.

Beldum is line is a strong one, but Beldum can only learn Take Down, I suggest putting a TM. It learns HeadButt, Iron Defense, Iron Head and Zen Headbutt.
    Metagross is used by two trainers.

However can't seem to find a Luvdisc at the Sea area for Heart Scales. I know it's rare but should I be using the good rod or the super rod at the sea area? Also what is the best way to find more Alomamola or Luvdisc?
    Luvdisc can be found at Beach using Super Rod (rare).
    Alomola can be found at Sea surfing (rare)
    There is no tip for finding these pokémon. But remember that Heart Scale can also be found as mining treasure on Underground (3%), I can't remeber if this is easier or harder by mining.

where can I find a Macho Brace or the other power items if I can get them at all? Or do I have to beat the game?
    After you beat the game, these items are sold at Pokémon Market. Macho Brace can also be found at Underground.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Does the macho brace increase the EV gain of the Pokemon fitness?

Also, does the score In fitness affect the EV gain or not? (AKA the better the score the more EV's?)

Edit: Also where is the 2nd portal in the underground.

I can't seem to find anymore digging spots are they random or do they respawn?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Does the macho brace increase the EV gain of the Pokemon fitness?
    Yes! And the Power Items.

Also, does the score In fitness affect the EV gain or not? (AKA the better the score the more EV's?)
    Score doesn't affect EVs

Also where is the 2nd portal in the underground
    On last basement (B4F, you starts on B1F)

I can't seem to find anymore digging spots are they random or do they respawn?
    Pseudo-random (there some places who can have a shinning spots). And yes, they respawn

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    ...So I found a Shiny Dusclops and need to know how rare shines are so I can gauge how much I should be freaking out.

Edit: Also how do I get a rasor claw/fang to evolve gligar and sneasel?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    ...So I found a Shiny Dusclops and need to know how rare shines are so I can gauge how much I should be freaking out.
    Shiny encounter rate is 1 in 8192. I myself never seen one =0

Edit: Also how do I get a rasor claw/fang to evolve gligar and sneasel?
    After you beat the game, these items are sold at Pokémon Market. They can also be found at Underground.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    What are all the Pokemon that can be found at the last area?

I have found skarmory, Honchkrow, Volcarona, Mismagias, Braivary, Sigliph, Altaria and Venomoth. Is there anything else?

Back