• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Finally, 1000 posts on this thread after almost 10 years! I always wondered when (and if) this thread reach into this milestone. Thanks everybody!

I attached a screen of current development. Yes! New pokémon, at last!

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. New Contents. NFW .Thanks for not giving up on us FL :))))
    So, there some old players that still search for updates, even after 7 years since the 1.2 release. Great!

Hello, sorry for this maybe odd coment but, i really i want to thank u a lot for this game.
    This was the first pokémon game i played as young, and the one that made me start loving the franchise. 8 years ago, when i was 10, me and my friends found this game downloaded on one Computer in School TICs class here in Portugal, and we started playing it a lot since then, we didnt had a computer at that time so we putted the game file in each ones pen drive and we played it a lot in any library or computer we found, it was so cool, i remenber passing hours playing it in my grandmas house computer and then telling my friends the new things discovered, new areas i had unlock, and earing what they discovered too, we didnt knew about this site back then or any other to search for information so we had to discover all by oursleves, we just met bulbapedia 1 year later and even there when we tried to searh for Pokemon island (cause we didnt knew this was a fangame) it always showed the Snap island one, we figured out that the ecounters matched but this game had a lot more than those there so we just explored the game very slowly and i remember once one of my friends found a Charmander in a volcano part and we all got exited seeing him trying to catch it and runned to our games to try to found one too now that we knew where it could be founded, i think we all 4 fulled the library pcs that day.
    I dont have my old save file or my old pen drive anymore after so many years, so i came here to download this game again and play it like i used too, i saw it is very improved now and u still keep working on it till today so thank u a lot for everything. I hope to finnaly finnish the game now that im older and know a lot more about pokemon games, thanks a lot for all years of fun your work gave me and to my old friends.
    Reading posts like this is gratifying! After all, making a game who people can enjoy, just like the games that I enjoyed in the past, was (and is) one of my goals! =D

Attachments

• Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more
      Kubfu.png
      8.5 KB · Views: 23
    Last edited:
    Years
    • They/Them/Their
    • Seen Nov 7, 2021
    I've just picked this up because I've been in a mood for Pokemon games that still keep the more classic style. Having a lot of fun so far, but when I go into a battle with a Pokemon I've already caught, it doesn't indicate so with a pokeball.

Now that's said:

I'm glad to see despite all the efforts, people are still pouring their love into fan games. We appreciate your work <3

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I've just picked this up because I've been in a mood for Pokemon games that still keep the more classic style. Having a lot of fun so far, but when I go into a battle with a Pokemon I've already caught, it doesn't indicate so with a pokeball.

Now that's said:

I'm glad to see despite all the efforts, people are still pouring their love into fan games. We appreciate your work <3
    Thanks for the report! I changed the graphic folder and forgot to update at code. I gonna fix on the next bugfix update.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Esse foi meu primeiro jogo de pokemon em meados de 2012, agradeço por esse game maravilhoso, e estou entusiasmado pra novas atualizações com novos pokemon, novos mapas espero, que você continue esse projeto.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Come back for a glance after a few years ... And, hmmm, is that version 1.3 ??? Wow, just wow. This is my favorite fan-made Pokémon game.

This is my second times (or third, if you count the unsuccessful one) in this game.
    So this time I attempt to do speed run

Finish Ranks 17 and 2 hall of fame in 3.44 hours. Not bad if I say myself.
    This is NOT a true speed run since I need to save and reload 5-6 times when critical hit strike me at an unexpected moment.
    With some knowledge and practices 3.30 hour is very possible. I think under 3.15 hour is also possible if you do thing right and the star align for you.

PS. forget about Pokedex. I didn't catch ANY Pokémon except the starter. So my Pokedex is only 3 Pokémon caught (starter, intermediate form and fully evolution form haha).

Comment and Question

1. Why can't Samurott learn Aqua tail TM? Since he can learn it by level up. Isn't this a bit strange?

2. There is some typo when you access your computer to look at your record time. I think it should be [Times record THAT player win ....]

3. I encounter one bug but I cannot reproduce it. After I finish the game I go to the 6th mall and look at the third seller for a new Pokémon to buy. I look at the a few names but didn't buy anything. When I look at the Pokedex and scroll to the lowest in the list and press down once, the bug occur and force me to exit the game.

4. Please translate the text at the upper floor at the school.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Oops, my bad
    Forget another question

5. Is the "secret event" permanently missable?

6. What is the use for bronze medal, silver medal, gold medal, platinum medal? Is it intended that when I got a new one, the old one will disappear?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Come back for a glance after a few years ... And, hmmm, is that version 1.3 ??? Wow, just wow. This is my favorite fan-made Pokémon game.

This is my second times (or third, if you count the unsuccessful one) in this game.
    So this time I attempt to do speed run

Finish Ranks 17 and 2 hall of fame in 3.44 hours. Not bad if I say myself.
    This is NOT a true speed run since I need to save and reload 5-6 times when critical hit strike me at an unexpected moment.
    With some knowledge and practices 3.30 hour is very possible. I think under 3.15 hour is also possible if you do thing right and the star align for you.

PS. forget about Pokedex. I didn't catch ANY Pokémon except the starter. So my Pokedex is only 3 Pokémon caught (starter, intermediate form and fully evolution form haha).

Comment and Question

1. Why can't Samurott learn Aqua tail TM? Since he can learn it by level up. Isn't this a bit strange?

2. There is some typo when you access your computer to look at your record time. I think it should be [Times record THAT player win ....]

3. I encounter one bug but I cannot reproduce it. After I finish the game I go to the 6th mall and look at the third seller for a new Pokémon to buy. I look at the a few names but didn't buy anything. When I look at the Pokedex and scroll to the lowest in the list and press down once, the bug occur and force me to exit the game.

4. Please translate the text at the upper floor at the school

5. Is the "secret event" permanently missable?

6. What is the use for bronze medal, silver medal, gold medal, platinum medal? Is it intended that when I got a new one, the old one will disappear?
    3:44 hours! WOW! Very nice! The best time (that I know) was 3:41 for first Hall of Fame using Scyther, but on version 1.2. What is your first Hall of Fame time (back of trainer card)?

On version in current development (2.0) I already made the text on battles faster and skippable. The save won't ask to confirm twice. The game on general is a bit easier, specially because ranks would have 4 battles instead of 5 (5 in a row is too much).

1. Yes, is strange. The game TM table was made before B2W2, so I extracted the Aqua Tail compatibility list from Platinum/HgSs Move Tutor, since there is no TM/Move tutor from BW and there is no Samurott on Gen 4. Gonna be fixed on version 2.0, where I extracted the compatibility list.

2. Thanks for the report! I will fix on the next version.

3. I managed to reproduce here. Thanks for the report! I will fix on the next version.

4. If someone want to translate this text and send me the translation, I would appreciate. I don't want to translate myself since it is too much text.

5. No.

6. These medals are attained if player didn't use Teleport Station, but was very badly explained. These medals are earned winning Colosseum ranks: 9, 12, 15 and last. I'm planning to explain this better in-game on version 2.0. And yes, an old medal is intended to be changed into a new one.

Few minutes ago I was making a new map.
    Post spoiler for eager fans.
    Attached two screens. The graphic part generally is one of the last things that I do. Systems and level design goes first, so there are placeholder strength stones (release won't have strength stones).

Since the first screen looks so lame, I also added a second screen, but from a place on the new city. Why Rarity Shop seller/owner was outside?

Attachments

Small preview.png
      3.3 KB · Views: 7
      Small preview 2.png
      5.1 KB · Views: 8
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    My first hall of fame is 03.00
    This is the photo of the the time I spent in rank system
    I failed to attach the photo (don't know why ?) so here is the url to the picture

https://www.picz.in.th/image/temp.6RwjnS

Also please check minigame in the gym and type chart in school, either might be wrong (Sorry, I cannot remember exactly)
    I think ground should have advantage above electric.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    [CITAÇÃO=FL;10436888]3:44 horas! UAU! Muito bom! O melhor horário (que eu conheço) foi 3:41 para o primeiro Hall da Fama usando Scyther, mas na versão 1.2. Qual é o seu primeiro horário no Hall da Fama (traseiro do cartão de treinador)? Na versão em desenvolvimento atual (2.0), eu já tornei o texto em batalhas mais rápido e pulável. O salvamento não pedirá para confirmar duas vezes. O jogo geral é um pouco mais fácil, especialmente porque as fileiras teriam 4 batalhas em vez de 5 (5 seguidas é demais). 1. Sim, é estranho. A mesa do jogo TM foi feita antes do B2W2, então extraí a lista de compatibilidade Aqua Tail do Platinum/HgSs Move Tutor, já que não há tutor TM/Move da BW e não há Samurott na Geração 4. Vai ser corrigido na versão 2.0, onde extraí a lista de compatibilidade. 2. Obrigado pelo relatório! Vou consertar a próxima versão. 3. Consegui reproduzir aqui. Obrigado pelo relatório! Vou consertar a próxima versão. 4. Se alguém quiser traduzir este texto e me enviar a tradução, eu agradeceria. Eu não quero me traduzir, já que é muito texto. 5. Não. 6. Essas medalhas são alcançadas se o jogador não usou a Teleport Station, mas foi muito mal explicada. Essas medalhas são conquistadas ganhando fileiras do Coliseu: 9, 12, 15 e por último. Estou planejando explicar isso melhor no jogo na versão 2.0. E sim, uma medalha antiga deve ser transformada em uma nova. Anexadas duas telas. A parte gráfica geralmente é uma das últimas coisas que eu faço. Os sistemas e o design de níveis vão em primeiro lugar, então há pedras de força de espaço reservado (a liberação não terá pedras de força). Como a primeira tela parece tão chata, também adicionei uma segunda tela, mas de um lugar na nova cidade. Por que o vendedor/proprietário da Rarity Shop estava do lado de fora?[ /CITAÇÃO]

Você mudou a cidade ? Ou colocou outra nova

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    My first hall of fame is 03.00
    This is the photo of the the time I spent in rank system
    I failed to attach the photo (don't know why ?) so here is the url to the picture

https://www.picz.in.th/image/temp.6RwjnS

Also please check minigame in the gym and type chart in school, either might be wrong (Sorry, I cannot remember exactly)
    I think ground should have advantage above electric.
    Wonderful! You have the best record so far!

The type chart in Battle School is wrong, thanks for the report!

By the way, the fonts aren't working on your game (compare with the screenshots on this thread). I suggest you to manually install the fonts (go into folder, right click on fonts and install).

Did you change the city? Or added a new one?
    I changed the city to have space for the new buildings.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    When the update will come out?
    Hard to say a date, since it varies a lot with my free time. At best case, March 2022. At worst case, years later.

Attached a gif of a portal that I made.

Attachments

Portal.gif
      48.3 KB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2023
    Olá estou tendo problemas para abrir o jogo.
    Quando executo o "Game" ele abre por 1 segundo e fecha logo em seguida.
    Já coloquei em modo de compatibilidade com Windows xp Pack2 e não resolveu.

Pelo visualizador de eventos do Windows eu tenho a mensagem abaixo.

Nome do aplicativo com falha: Game.exe, versão: 1.0.0.1, carimbo de data/hora: 0x40d19497
    Nome do módulo com falha: unknown, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
    Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
    Deslocamento da falha: 0x057ab530
    ID do processo com falha: 0x32d0
    Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d7f69724843bc0
    Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Users\jv-da\Desktop\Pokemon Island 1.3e\Game.exe
    Caminho do módulo com falha: unknown
    ID do Relatório: 7fb78228-38aa-484e-b782-f116c2e541fd
    Nome completo do pacote com falha:
    ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Hello I have problems to open the game. When I run the "Game", it open for 1 second and closes shortly thereafter. I already put on Windows xp Pack2 compatibility mode and didn't solve.
    I didn't remember of this error being reported. Try to run the game as administrator and try to allow the game as antivirus exception.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Pela primeira vez cheguei no rank 16 kk jogo desde 2012 kk nunca jogava sério kk coloquei os Pokémon lvl 80 e fui kk

Back