• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi FL. Its me again. Im at rank 16A now and keep going.
    I have a question about the move Phantom Force. I still get hit on the turn i used it. So does the move work like that or is it a bug.
    Thanks ^^
    Rank 16A, great!

It's a bug, the move should match its description. Thanks for reporting! I fixed it now (on v2.1 project).

Hi, I'm back LOL, anybody knows where I can find Manaphy in the game
    Welcome back! Manaphy location:
    Spoiler:

Do you have plans for gen 9 pokemon for v3.0? If not, mention that you don't implement gen 9 pokemon to FAQ (Frequent Answered Questions).
    I partially added gen 9 on v2.1 project that I'm making now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2023
    Where do u find Ditto?
    Edit: The Cave

Also is there a guide on where to find all the pokemon?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Where do u find Ditto?
    Edit: The Cave

Also is there a guide on where to find all the pokemon?
    Probably the researcher list is the nearest thing to a guide. All ways to find the locations on Island:
    Y6l1kEI.png

You can use the Town Map to see the areas name.

Yes, I know that the Pokédex Area isn't very descriptible, I want to do a better approach in the future, with area names.

Or do you mean a habitat list, like B2W2 (example: all pokémon of Beach)? A habitat list is planned (probably will be included on 2.1). By the way, there is a NPC who tells you all pokémon that are as a seen in your Pokédex

After the first Research and Development update, there is a researcher who says the pokémon location of some pokémon.
    The mentioned NPC only tells Desert encounters.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2023
    All pokemon in the Beach (and other areas) is what I mean and whats the rarer ones in those spots.

Where do i get heart scales? Im guessing off a pokemon that holds them but where do i find them and do i need anything special to find them?

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    All pokemon in the Beach (and other areas) is what I mean and whats the rarer ones in those spots.
    So an Habitat List is pretty much what you want (the bottom right ones are the rare ones):
    ogj1Zwj.png

I planned to release a version with this feature in 1-4 weeks.

Besides this (and the mentioned methods in the last post), there are no guides.

Where do i get heart scales? Im guessing off a pokemon that holds them but where do i find them and do i need anything special to find them?
    Heart Scale locations:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2023
    1-4 weeks? Alright. I have been keeping lists to see who I have caught and seen where. It works but I just don't know if I'm missing any. I didnt know 440 was in the beach area.

Hmm, ok. I do know where a pickup pokemon is... though the training might be annoying. Where do I find those pokemon the easiest? I'm guessing u find them by fishing, so what rod too. (I doubt I have the rod or area but I want to be prepared).

I'm enjoying the game so far. I'm rank 7D right now. Few more lvs of my team and I might try for rank 8.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    1-4 weeks? Alright. I have been keeping lists to see who I have caught and seen where. It works but I just don't know if I'm missing any. I didnt know 440 was in the beach area.

Hmm, ok. I do know where a pickup pokemon is... though the training might be annoying. Where do I find those pokemon the easiest? I'm guessing u find them by fishing, so what rod too. (I doubt I have the rod or area but I want to be prepared).

I'm enjoying the game so far. I'm rank 7D right now. Few more lvs of my team and I might try for rank 8.
    Luvdisc can be found with Super Rod at Beach. Alomomola can be found surfing (using the item Launch) at Sea area (but is rare).

Besides the Heart Scales found in item balls, I guess that the best way for you (the best overall in terms of availability, chance and naturality) to get the Heart Scale is by Treasure Shop (available at rank 10). You have around 15% to get it at each pack.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2023
    I will keep the Treasure Shop in mind. I cant get any of those options yet. I just got Rank 8. Got myself a Ditto thats going to live in the Daycare now :)

Does the Pokemon Fan Club tasks change in difficultly or something. Its giving me things I cant do. I know that it changes per day. It wants me to do things in the Underground but I cant get there yet.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I will keep the Treasure Shop in mind. I cant get any of those options yet. I just got Rank 8. Got myself a Ditto thats going to live in the Daycare now :)
    Nice! Ditto and Day Care are unlocked almost the same time even in Day-care Couple debut games (GSC).

Does the Pokemon Fan Club tasks change in difficultly or something. Its giving me things I cant do. I know that it changes per day. It wants me to do things in the Underground but I cant get there yet.
    The task have a progressive difficult, until they became totally procedurally generated.

If you got these tasks on rank 8, you goes abnormally far on tasks, and probably have received a lot of money. I made intentionally, so players don't receive even more money on early-mid game (check the current money reward). Underground will take some ranks to get unlocked.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2023
    Yeah, I found tasks gave more money so I did them instead of using another way to get it. Im up to the first time getting 100,000 and the Bagon egg for three tasks done. Still not sure if I will be getting the dex done but its a long term goal so i will see.

How do trading evolution work? I have a Electabuzz with the item but no clue how to evolve it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, I found tasks gave more money so I did them instead of using another way to get it. Im up to the first time getting 100,000 and the Bagon egg for three tasks done. Still not sure if I will be getting the dex done but its a long term goal so i will see.

How do trading evolution work? I have a Electabuzz with the item but no clue how to evolve it.
    All different evolutions (compared to official games) are explained in the thread (check spoiler button). For trade evolutions:
    All pokémon that evolve by trading with an hold item - Use Link Stone with the hold item.
    Like I said in the thread, you can find the Link Stone in the Market (eventually). Starting on rank 8 you can also find it as an item ball.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2023
    Im not sure if ur aware of this but the second floor of the trainer school has a book of stuff that isnt in english yet.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Im not sure if ur aware of this but the second floor of the trainer school has a book of stuff that isnt in english yet.
    I'm aware. The book also mentions that it isn't in english. The book has too much text to translate and was almost no impact in game, so I left untranslated. But since you aren't the first that mention this, in next version I probably should hide him when english language is active.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    VERSION 2.1 WITH LOTS OF NEW CONTENT LIKE GEN 9 RELEASED!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon Island has been a good experience for me so far, but after the update to 2.1 I was noticing issues that didn't happen before in the previous version. More urgently, the game will crash if you attempt to accept an egg from the Day Care when you have a full party.
    TBJtPa6.png

And a lesser issue, the game will not play the "evolution" track anymore when an egg is hatching, leaving whatever was previously playing during the sequence. It worked as intended in the previous version.

I appreciate and respect all the hard work put into this game nonetheless!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for the reports with screens!
    Pokemon Island has been a good experience for me so far, but after the update to 2.1 I was noticing issues that didn't happen before in the previous version. More urgently, the game will crash if you attempt to accept an egg from the Day Care when you have a full party.
    Spoiler:
    I gonna fix this soon (will be this week, probably tomorrow). I added a new feature from receiving an egg directly into storage when your party was full. I tested on Fan Club, but I (apparently) forgot to test it in Day-Care.

And a lesser issue, the game will not play the "evolution" track anymore when an egg is hatching, leaving whatever was previously playing during the sequence. It worked as intended in the previous version.
    Yeah, I changed the track to the Pinball Ruby & Sapphire's one, a track included on this release. This way, evolution, hatching and trades have all each a different theme. Strange that no music is playing, did you correctly updated the game (moving only the save to the new folder)? The Gen3 Music Fidelity Patch only works with v2.0.X versions.

Years
  • Yeah, I changed the track to the Pinball Ruby & Sapphire's one, a track included on this release. This way, evolution, hatching and trades have all each a different theme. Strange that no music is playing, did you correctly updated the game (moving only the save to the new folder)? The Gen3 Music Fidelity Patch only works with v2.0.X versions.
    Re-extracting the game's files again seems to have fixed that on my end, I probably didn't extract the Audio files properly so that's my bad, sorry about that. Thanks for the help!

mvsj1986

Marcus
    Years
  • after the update to 2.1 I was noticing issues that didn't happen before in the previous version. More urgently, the game will crash if you attempt to accept an egg from the Day Care when you have a full party

Yeah, I will wait a little to update, see if anybody else find more bugs, but all things considered AMAZING game!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Are nature mints in the newest version? I started fresh and I wanna know so I can be sure I dont drive myself crazy trying to get a good starter

Back