• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    So I'm playing through the postgame
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Agatha never gave me surf :<

God, you're not the first person saying this. The FAQ spells it out clearly, Agatha no longer gives you Surf in the current iteration of this hack. She hasn't since the Fall update. Look at the FAQ underneath " Q: I just beat Agatha... what do I do now?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Ok, thanks, SevenChurches. I'm sure you don't mean to sound like a jerk, so I'll just say I appreciate the info :>

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Ok, thanks, SevenChurches. I'm sure you don't mean to sound like a jerk, so I'll just say I appreciate the info :>

It's pretty annoying when it's a question asked at least a dozen times, truly being a frequently asked question, hence why it's in the OP. I don't think it's me being jerk, more so me expressing how annoyed I am that the question is asked an endless amount of times.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    SevenChurches, I didn't look at the first page; just typed into google where to get surf in that game, and it sent me to the Agatha answer. Everyone is kinda in a bad mood lately, so I won't hold it against you. Again, thanks for your help; I've been moving forward smoothly now in the game, and it's a super fun hack!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2020
    That was fun and I defeated god mewtwo with demon xatu😝. So what's next after defeating red at kanto? Is there a way to let Arceus pass across Gandalf?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Hello everyone, I'm playing this game and I got 1 badge, I'm currently at Kaji city, the city has 2 gyms thought, one is water type and one is blocking, anyway I'm running a mission fighting with team rocket in a big building in this city (Giovanni Enterprises building), and my level of pokemon and the water gym is about 20-25, also for the trainers about under level 20

but all the staff of the team rocket all has 3 pokemon, and it all starting with Aricanine with level 62, they all have Aricanine, that way beyond the level of the gaming currently. It killed all my team with 1 hit, so I never get a chance to find out what other pokemon the rocket staff have, or even kill 1 team rocket member

I think this is some kind of bug

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    guys, where can I find evo stone? can I evolve scythe with that? and also is there any froakie in this game?

Years
  • Man, that was a very fun hack! Haven't 100%'d it yet, but I'll get there eventually. It's a darn shame it (most likely) won't get updated again (I really would've loved to see more of Kanto), but the adventure was fun while it lasted.

I rate it an 8.5/10: Very fun hack with a large selection on Mons, moves, and memes. The only downside I have is that the post-game isn't truly completed, but it's still super enjoyable. Excellent work, Sakakii!

Also, thank you SevenChurches for providing all the useful info here!

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2020
    An interesting game so far, I would give it like 7.5/10

Have seven badges right now, haven't even tried the eighth or gone past the grinding island yet because I want to boost my team a bit before then.

Current Team:
    Volcarona: This is my favorite Pokemon ever, so I resisted the urge to rush getting a Larvesta and instead backtracked, then trained up the levels all in one sitting. I would NOT recommend training up a Larvesta from the earliest opportunity. Chansey makes it so that I'm actually glad Larvesta's a physical attacker for once.
    Galvantula: Another backtrack, I started out with an Electivire because it was the easiest choice I had. Gotta love better speed and Compoundeyes Thunder though.
    Noivern: This one actually wasn't a backtrack, I was regretfully just too stubborn to ditch the Noibat. With Speed Boost and the buffed Hurricane, Noivern is pretty great though.
    Medicham: Frail and not the fastest, sucked until level 19, but it basically nukes whatever can't kill it first. Obliterated Dialga for me, so I'm definitely not complaining.
    Excadrill: A slight backtrack, but not by much, Drilbur's already pretty good. This thing's a beast.
    Demon Kingdra: Honestly, Demon Kingdra underwhelmed me at first, but King's Dance is shaping up to be amazing when I can just abuse save states to get around the worst of the misses it induces.

Past members:
    Porygon 2: Sacked because I just got bored of it, and sick of waiting around for Tri-Attack. I never really wanted it that much from the start. Recover paired with a Thunderbolt TM was decently useful though.
    Vaporeon: Really short-lived once I went to the library and decided I would rather have Demon Kingdra.
    Electivire: Basically carried me for the second thru fourth badges, but ultimately I just love Galvantula's design too much.
    Chandelure: Super polarizing to me. Was a nigh-useless Litwick I stubbornly hung on to, then had a jarring transition to amazing at a key tipping point. Will talk more about this below.

Cons I've noticed in my plathrough, to explain my 7.5 : (Edit: I've done more digging and it seems like the creator is aware of most of this too. Still, I'll just clarify that there are no personal hard feelings here and this is largely just to get my thoughts and feelings out)

-This game has so much that seems to heavily encourage me to rely on emulator-specific advantages that I've come to view them as a necessary evil if I want to actually have fun without needing to be a sadist.
    -For example, I would've found the Giovanni Enterprises stealth mission entirely intolerable if I couldn't abuse save states between every guard. (technically, you could soft reset a normal cartridge and get basically the same effect, but save states make it a way faster, smoother process)
    - Also, having to save scum certain fights to spare myself massive grinds, even with me having managed to farm multiple Lucky Eggs.

-The balance and curve pacing is also really questionable. Putting a Yanmega in the Grass-gym after only a vague NPC hint beforehand just felt mean. And a legendary in only the second gym? Not to mention the levels suddenly did this huge jump before gym six, and then it barely changed by gym seven, which I think also happened previously, making it feel like I suddenly rush through a big chunk of content after previously being at a crawl.

-Having moves and TMs bottlenecked for much of the game but then making rare Pokemon basically just a matter of patience is also something I find jarring, and its main effect seems to be less encouraging my strategy and more just encouraging me to only pay any attention to strong mons who aren't too badly impacted by the attacks that are missing/weren't buffed.
    -Example, why would I even pay attention to any of those other electric types at the Power Plant once I noticed I could just get a freaking Electivire with astonishingly little effort? If I want them, I might as well just come back later for them once it's easier to level them (as was the case with my Galvantula)
    -Example two, Litwick won't even learn Gen 5's new Fire moves, and when I got one it'd already replaced its Ember, so I had to deal with 15 power, 70 accuracy Fire Spin ALL the way until I could at least have it use a Shock Wave TM as a stopgap measure (I was really stubborn and wanted to see when it would finally get better. Besides, its burn + confuse ray combo was still useful sometimes)

-To be fair, this is a lot easier to tolerate once you can abuse savestates to basically get whatever TMs you want from the TM Roulette in the Game Corner... on top of how you don't even necessarily need to abuse the savestates for that since the Kecleon Guy + Amulet Coin is a reasonably good flow of infinite money.
    - This is also basically Litwick's sudden tipping point. Got it to level 41, slapped an Evo Stone on the Lampent, did about ten minutes of save scumming for Calm Mind/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/ Flamethrower, and suddenly it was my best Pokemon for a good while, until the abrupt level jumps caught up to me. Still, like Medicham, pretty much anything that couldn't outspeed it got nuked.

-Certain Pokemon missing certain mechanics and Abilities really stings. Stufful being switched to Thick Fat honestly turned me off of trying to use it at all... it's really just not the same. I won't complain too much about this one though, I know it's not exactly a walk in the park to set all this stuff up.

- I found the Lucky Egg in Giovanni Enterprises and used Thief to farm Chansey until I got four more (there's actually a much earlier spot than the island where this is possible, but it's significantly slower and more tedious off of the island), so I am at least glad I didn't have to drop so much money on that, but even so it's quite a grind.

-Old-style hard-to-delete HMs also just feel completely unnecessary and arbitrary. It's only partially mitigated by the easy access of the Move Deleter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2020
    As it turns out, Riolu never evolves. I checked and it's evolution method is set to Happiness (Day), which I believe in original FireRed is only used for Eevee to evolve into Espeon... which btw, never happens in FireRed, because there's no day/night system there.

The proper evolution method should be Happiness, not Happiness (Day). Slight oversight by me. I'll add that one to the OP bug list for now.

Sorry ~

How has this been fixed if it has been?

Back