• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
So.. I'm playing v2.03 and the priestess at Lavender Tower's 1F just won't let me go in.
She says that I need the Silph Scope even tho I already have it.
I already won the 4th Badge too after getting the Silph Scope, just in case it's worth mentioning.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've got the same problem. The woman won't move even when I have the fourth badge and the sylph scope. I tried using the walk through walls gameshark code to get by and it doesn't help either...

Nice hack anyway.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Sorry about the obstruction. I don't have very much leisure time these days, so I'll reply to your posts in a different time. Apologies. :(

Ugh, I uploaded the fix a few days ago, but the links led people to the one with the obstruction. This is why I always need to make sure I make the changes in editor mode. -___-
Here's an update to help avoid confusion. If a channeler blocks your way into the Pokemon Tower, you will need to update.
Version 2.04 Beta
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1u6a8is8mmewyc6/Pokemon_Kanto_Black_2.04.ips
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80043&stc=1&d=1473386464
Changes from 2.03 to 2.04:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 3, 2017
if i recall correctly i had a whimscott which is a grass type pokemon with the move energy ball on my first palythrough. ditto i don't think is in the game though.

Oh OK, I was asking because of Galvantula, I like having the move on it

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Cleaned up the thread a bit and expanded on a few features (especially the difficulty rating system). Also, if you are playing 2.03, please download 2.04 as you may be unable to progress past the 4th gym due to a channeler refusing to move.

Oh OK, I was asking because of Galvantula, I like having the move on it

Energy Ball is in the hack, but I forgot to let Galvantula learn it. Nevertheless, I have incorporated the move into its learnset so that in the next update, it'll be able to learn Energy Ball via move relearner. I hope Giga Drain works for now.

I've got the same problem. The woman won't move even when I have the fourth badge and the sylph scope. I tried using the walk through walls gameshark code to get by and it doesn't help either...

Nice hack anyway.

So.. I'm playing v2.03 and the priestess at Lavender Tower's 1F just won't let me go in.
She says that I need the Silph Scope even tho I already have it.
I already won the 4th Badge too after getting the Silph Scope, just in case it's worth mentioning.

Sorry about this. This error should no longer be present in 2.04.

So I beat the Elite 4 today with he team of Eelicktros, Florges, Noivern, Volcarona, Greninja and Serperior. Wow this hack ended up better then I thought. I love how you pretty much added almost all the new mechanics from the later games. Plus all the TMs and move tutors help a ton. And no need to HM slave in most situations is a breath of fresh air. Thank you oh so much for this great hack. I do feel like this hack could use more post elite 4 battles. may I suggest special trainer battles? Since this game uses 5th and 6th pokemon, Ide love to battle Elite 4/Gym leaders from Unova and Kalos respectfully. Any chance you can add them in the next update? Also any way you can inpliment Leaf as a second rival? She gets the weaker starter. I feel it can Add more life to the hack in terms of feeling like this game is more then just a fire red hack with 5th and 6th pokemon. But overall this is such a well developed hack and look forward to future updates and new hacks by you :)

Appreciate the remarks, thank you! :)
As for postgame content and challenges, here is what is available:
- Rainbow Isle opens its Lv. 50 challenge. Doing the challenge in Lv. 50 will allow you to advance in ranks and eventually fight the boss of the facility.
- Rush Tower allows you to battle the Gym Leaders from Unova and Kalos. It is in Seven Island. In case you haven't, in order to unlock Seven Island, you will need to complete the Sevii Islands quest (Prof. Oak should have given you Waterfall. With that HM, go up the waterfall in Four Island and advance from there.)
- Go to the Celadon Mansion and talk to the developer (on a floor with three other guys iirc).
- I'm not so sure if you have access to the Cerulean Cave, but if you do, there is a very powerful trainer you can find there.
- Trick House has a postgame puzzle

There might be more I am forgetting, but anyhow, the next update will focus on extra content.

About adding another rival, I'm a bit hesitant about making this sort of change because it is supposed to be mostly Firered with 5th and 6th generation Pokemon. At most, I could make this optional. Another thing I could do is make the other rival a superboss similar to Cal in GSC except super.

might there be another hack you create with only pokemon sun and moon pokemon based off of pokemon firered later on? anyways great work (:

Probably not. I think the 5th generation is special for this because it is the closest Game Freak has gotten to a restart (the main game only comprised of 5th generation Pokemon) and seemingly made Pokemon very similar to some in generation 1 (Sawk/Throh vs Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee). At most, I will add Sun and Moon Pokemon to Kanto Black and make them obtainable in a different way.

I also don't want to manage more than 2 hacks. :P

In short, is it this hack is totally same as Fire Red in term of 'main' storyline?

Yes, the only exceptions being the changes needed to make the Sevii Islands accessible earlier such as the Bill encounter in Vermilion City to invite you to them.

Thank you for the speedy reply! However, I don't think the fix works. She still won't let me up. Will try hex editing now.

EDIT: The mediafire link in the first post still links to the old 2.03 patch, despite the text saying it links to the fix :) Will try again now

EDIT2: Yay, she has moved! Thanks for the fix :)

EDIT3 (lol): I'm guessing Gary doesn't count as a boss? I changed the difficulty to Omega to make the battle in Pokémon Tower a bit harder but it didn't seem to do anything.

I've been a little lazy when it comes to Blue. For now, we could just see it as an exception. The final battle with him is affected by the settings, though.

Found a glitch in 2.1 but idk if you ever fixed it. Trying to trade ufenzent for oshawott in cinnabar island. But the mini sprite is freaking groundon and the dude won't trade with me. Just a heads up. ignore me if this glitch is fixed

Fixed in the new version. :)

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Why was Rock Head taken away from Tyrantrum? He was just too good? :(

I don't remember ever taking Rock Head away from Tyrantrum. You should get a Rock Head Tyrantrum by evolving a Sturdy Tyrunt like in the official games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sorry never mind. I got a Sturdy one and didn't realize that the ability becomes Rock Head.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
You're a god damn beast Mystery Man. First time ever that I saw such an awesome item as the IV Checker, and it feels so freaking simple too, nothing too vague or tedious, I love it <3

Also, did anyone found a Lucky Egg yet? I thought they would be held by Wild Audinos since Audino is pretty much Chansey's equivalent in the 5th Gen. but nope, Audinos can only carry Fluffy Tail and Pecha Berry :/ ..

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
You're a god damn beast Mystery Man. First time ever that I saw such an awesome item as the IV Checker, and it feels so freaking simple too, nothing too vague or tedious, I love it <3

Also, did anyone found a Lucky Egg yet? I thought they would be held by Wild Audinos since Audino is pretty much Chansey's equivalent in the 5th Gen. but nope, Audinos can only carry Fluffy Tail and Pecha Berry :/ ..

Which reminds me, I need to make the EV checker obtainable again. :D
Have you been to Rainbow Isle? If you haven't, talk to the Team Rocket grunt in Celadon Mansion. There's also a cave in Rainbow Isle made specifically for grinding.

Hm... I'll probably give it to Audino in the next update simply to have multiple means of obtaining it, plus it wouldn't be too out of place to do given it is Chansey's equivalent.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Which reminds me, I need to make the EV checker obtainable again. :D
Have you been to Rainbow Isle? If you haven't, talk to the Team Rocket grunt in Celadon Mansion. There's also a cave in Rainbow Isle made specifically for grinding.

Hm... I'll probably give it to Audino in the next update simply to have multiple means of obtaining it, plus it wouldn't be too out of place to do given it is Chansey's equivalent.

Ow Yeah! I'm going to be looking forward to it then <3 ..
Also, nope, I haven't been in Rainbow Island yet, I suppose is Post-Game content, is it?
I just got the 5th Badge some hours ago xD ..

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Ow Yeah! I'm going to be looking forward to it then <3 ..
Also, nope, I haven't been in Rainbow Island yet, I suppose is Post-Game content, is it?
I just got the 5th Badge some hours ago xD ..

No other requisites--just talk to the grunt in Celadon Mansion so he could sell you the pass. More things unlock in Rainbow Isle after you defeat the Elite Four, but as far as accessing it and using the majority of its services, you just need to talk to the grunt.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 14, 2020
Hey, is Lucre tour working normally? nothing happens when i step on the tiles
To enter the cave in six island do i have to beat E4 first?
Where do i get the ticket to navel island?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Hey, is Lucre tour working normally? nothing happens when i step on the tiles

It works for me, but I have received numerous reports of it not working.

The one where the scientist blocks the entrance? Yes.

Edit: A scientist in Rush Tower gives you the ticket upon fulfilling a task.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 14, 2020
Thanks man, im really enjoying this hack!, i guess the next step is beating the E4.
just leveling skrelp and ill give the e4 a try

Attachments

• c01a29dd5f89dfd7b37204ab8936034b.png
    c01a29dd5f89dfd7b37204ab8936034b.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 20
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The second round of the elite four was a lot of fun. It seems like Xerneas isn't weak to steel moves? Is that intentional?

Also, is there any tutor for Outrage?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
The second round of the elite four was a lot of fun. It seems like Xerneas isn't weak to steel moves? Is that intentional?

Also, is there any tutor for Outrage?

Shoot, it's still Normal type. Fixed for real now lol. Thanks!

I don't remember adding a tutor that teaches Outrage. Try the move relearner--if a Pokemon makes great use of a move, but they have no other way of learning in this hack, chances are the move relearner teaches it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
  • When I received the IV Checker from one of Oak's Aides, the text read: "Leaf received the 61 from the Aide. Leaf put the IV Checker in the Key Items pocket." He had just told me I had caught 61 Pokémon.
  • While it was raining in battle, a message read: "Swanna's Hydration cured its Swanna problem."
  • Also, a number of people in game have text that scrolls differently to ones you haven't touched. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but while I'm playing I can definitely notice which characters you've changed the dialogue on because of the way it scrolls. Basically once they have spoken 2 lines of text, pressing A then only shows the next 1 line (as opposed to the next 2? I'm not quite sure what the default is).
Images incoming:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
I have two questions

What is the use of enigma stone?
How it evolves Inkay?

I love your hack rom. Great job :)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I don't have too much time today, but I'll use this post to let you all know that I have fixed the Gigalith and Zebstrika gender issue. I'll have the patch up this weekend.

I have two questions

What is the use of enigma stone?
How it evolves Inkay?

I love your hack rom. Great job :)

The Enigma Stone evolves Pokemon with weird evolution methods (and some trade evos such as Shelmet and Phantump) that have nothing to do with level, such as Swirlix, Spritzee, Eevee into Sylveon, etc.

Inkay evolves simply by leveling it to 30. I've mostly opted to go without the weird evolution methods because of how inconvenient I think they are.

Thanks. :)

• When I received the IV Checker from one of Oak's Aides, the text read: "Leaf received the 61 from the Aide. Leaf put the IV Checker in the Key Items pocket." He had just told me I had caught 61 Pokémon.
  • While it was raining in battle, a message read: "Swanna's Hydration cured its Swanna problem."
  • Also, a number of people in game have text that scrolls differently to ones you haven't touched. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but while I'm playing I can definitely notice which characters you've changed the dialogue on because of the way it scrolls. Basically once they have spoken 2 lines of text, pressing A then only shows the next 1 line (as opposed to the next 2? I'm not quite sure what the default is).
Images incoming:
Spoiler:

Thanks for these! I'll fix the majority of these for the next release!

I can change the text color, but unfortunately, the others are just as bad and/or blend in too much with the background.

Back