• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
This looks really good I am going to try the game out :) I think you should add an league to the sevii Island kind of like each island has a gym leader you battle, after you collect all seven badges you face the champion, so pretty much the orange islands, hehe.

Years
Wow Mystery Man, this is a very impressive hack. Using 5th and 6th generation pokemon instead of the others is a brillant idea. i love how you list some features but want us to play the hack and find surprises, genius!

Years
Can you please create a Pokémon location list if you haven't already? I'd like to know where certain Pokémon are so I can build my team properly. Thanks in advance.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I made most of the changes in this update with haste, but hopefully no errors have been multiplied.

Version 2.05 Beta
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f6th8861vs0bs58/Pokemon_Kanto_Black_2.05_Fix.ips
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80117&stc=1&d=1474153926
Spoiler:

EDIT: I accidentally overwrote the new Color Game with the old one. New version has been reuploaded to contain the actualized version of the minigame.

Can you please create a Pokémon location list if you haven't already? I'd like to know where certain Pokémon are so I can build my team properly. Thanks in advance.

I did this one off the top of my head for the most part, so it is very probable that there are some errors here. Here you are:
Spoiler:

This looks really good I am going to try the game out :) I think you should add an league to the sevii Island kind of like each island has a gym leader you battle, after you collect all seven badges you face the champion, so pretty much the orange islands, hehe.

I feel this would be received as too big of a deviation from what it is supposed to be. I'd rather just add superbosses and battle facilities. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
The regenerator ability doesn't seem to be working? I'm not sure if maybe I'm just using it wrong, or whats going on lol.

I have an amoonguss, and I believe also a reuniclus, but it's boxed so I can't check it right now, and neither of them heal when they switch out of battle.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Wow, this hack has come such a long way since last time I was here lol
Loving the new systems you implemented. Very professional. And constant updates are also a plus!

Suggestion: Have you thought of implementing Gen 6 Exp. Share?

Anyways, congrats on the development. I'll be sure to check in frequently.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
The regenerator ability doesn't seem to be working? I'm not sure if maybe I'm just using it wrong, or whats going on lol.

I have an amoonguss, and I believe also a reuniclus, but it's boxed so I can't check it right now, and neither of them heal when they switch out of battle.

Where have you been?
This is concerning. Was this present in any of the previous versions or is it new to this update?

Wow, this hack has come such a long way since last time I was here lol
Loving the new systems you implemented. Very professional. And constant updates are also a plus!

Suggestion: Have you thought of implementing Gen 6 Exp. Share?

Anyways, congrats on the development. I'll be sure to check in frequently.

Thank you! More new systems to come as I work on my Emerald hack. :D

Oh yes, it is something I definitely want in Kanto Black. I have no objections to it being a feature.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Sorry! Summer classes and other life responsibilities. I ended up semi-speed running this over the course of the weekend.

I'm not sure if I used any pokemon with the ability last time.

Also minor typo on gym leader blaines text?

"Hah! You better have hyper potion!"
potion should be plural I believe

Also, I know you added feedback to make the cave on rainbow isle easier to find, but honestly I'm not sure I would've found it without reading some random page on this thread. Maybe if the lady mentioned merchants?

The story is a bit confusing. I ended up doing some sevi island quests before blaine, but I'm not sure if that was meant to be done earlier or after and I can't remember the level curve to check.

But fantastic mod though, I absolutely loved playing it so far, and I can't wait to see what happens post E4.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Where have you been?
This is concerning. Was this present in any of the previous versions or is it new to this update?
The Regenerator bug has definitely been present since I started playing (version 2.02); I reported it a couple of weeks ago.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Okay, so nobody else has reported this, so it's probably just me- The game crashes as soon as I get my starter. I've tested it both on VBA and MyBoy! (both with save type Flash 128k). I tried using 2.04, and it crosses that "crash point" successfully. Mind checking it out?
(Note: Using a Squirrels rom and I tested this with Oshawott)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 7, 2021
• Lost Cave
• Altering Cave (yes, the puzzle is solvable without referencing braille.)
• Tanoby Chambers

I don't Know the Legendaries of this 3 Places

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Found a bit of a bug. If you send out Greninja on Toxic Spikes, it's type changes to poison with glitched text. Sorry for not having a screenshot since I'm on my phone. :/

Anyway, loving this hack! Managed to beat the Pokemon League the first time on Very Hard difficulty. Also, is the only point of the cave on Rainbow Island to grind off of Audinos and the Life Seed? :p

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
After 51 Audinos I've finally got a Lucky Egg, yaay <3
Btw, a minor text bug in Cinnabar Lab's middle Room, just in case you wanna fix it, Mystery Man <3
pvfzouW.png

EDIT: Is the Meloetta after the Pokemon League intentional? Seems like a weird way to get a legendary.
EDIT2: OMFG. I'll be so sad if this was my 1/500 chance of getting a Shiny ;_; ...
EDIT3: Oh FFS.
EDIT4: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
EDIT4.5: Actually, I forgot to ask, is the Genesect at Cerulean Cave always shiny? Because otherwise, I did got my first shiny, a Red Genesect <3 ..
EDIT5: In the Kanto Rush of the 7th Island's Battle Tower, Brock got a Shiny Tyrantrum too, I'm starting to think that the Shiny Charm is working for Trainerbattles instead of Wildbattles, seriously ;_; ...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2020
i have another question can you trade with another person/emulator running a copy of pokemon kanto black to get the other unova starters and fossil pokemon for example? or are there in game trades for the other fossil pokemon and the unova starters?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Fixed regenerator for 2.06, hopefully coming this weekend.

i have another question can you trade with another person/emulator running a copy of pokemon kanto black to get the other unova starters and fossil pokemon for example? or are there in game trades for the other fossil pokemon and the unova starters?

For the other Unova starters, you can both obtain them by trading with the Cinnabar Island NPCs inside the lab, and you can also buy them in the Egg Shop. For the other fossil Pokemon, break some rocks with Rock Smash until you get their fossils.

After 51 Audinos I've finally got a Lucky Egg, yaay <3
Btw, a minor text bug in Cinnabar Lab's middle Room, just in case you wanna fix it, Mystery Man <3
pvfzouW.png

EDIT: Is the Meloetta after the Pokemon League intentional? Seems like a weird way to get a legendary.
EDIT2: OMFG. I'll be so sad if this was my 1/500 chance of getting a Shiny ;_; ...
EDIT3: Oh FFS.
EDIT4: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
EDIT4.5: Actually, I forgot to ask, is the Genesect at Cerulean Cave always shiny? Because otherwise, I did got my first shiny, a Red Genesect <3 ..
EDIT5: In the Kanto Rush of the 7th Island's Battle Tower, Brock got a Shiny Tyrantrum too, I'm starting to think that the Shiny Charm is working for Trainerbattles instead of Wildbattles, seriously ;_; ...

Thanks! My justification for Meloetta is the method of obtaining it in a PMD game--automatically after you clear the main story. It's lazy, but I also like having rewards of these sorts for clearing the Pokemon League.

Genesect is intended to be shiny. :P

Shiny Charm: Wow... very awful. Literally torture. Unfortunately, it seems the routine is intended to work this way. I'll see what I can do about this.

Found a bit of a bug. If you send out Greninja on Toxic Spikes, it's type changes to poison with glitched text. Sorry for not having a screenshot since I'm on my phone. :/

Anyway, loving this hack! Managed to beat the Pokemon League the first time on Very Hard difficulty. Also, is the only point of the cave on Rainbow Island to grind off of Audinos and the Life Seed? :p

No problem, the description gives me enough pointers.

Thanks! As for Unknown Cave, it's meant to be this weird, parallel world's Artisan Cave, so Audino and items are all you'll find there. It also has an easy Victoryticket as of the latest version..

• Lost Cave
• Altering Cave (yes, the puzzle is solvable without referencing braille.)
• Tanoby Chambers

I don't Know the Legendaries of this 3 Places

Zygarde, Diancie, and Hoopa, respectively. :P

Okay, so nobody else has reported this, so it's probably just me- The game crashes as soon as I get my starter. I've tested it both on VBA and MyBoy! (both with save type Flash 128k). I tried using 2.04, and it crosses that "crash point" successfully. Mind checking it out?
(Note: Using a Squirrels rom and I tested this with Oshawott)

It doesn't crash for me, but I did find another error. I'll look into it a little deeper this weekend.

The Regenerator bug has definitely been present since I started playing (version 2.02); I reported it a couple of weeks ago.

Apologies, I didn't bother logging the ability errors because a lot of them need work :(. At the time, I was receiving a lot of reports of abilities not working like they do in the official games, so it was kind of overwhelming me.

Sorry! Summer classes and other life responsibilities. I ended up semi-speed running this over the course of the weekend.

No problems. Glad the report is submitted.

I'm not sure if I used any pokemon with the ability last time.

Also minor typo on gym leader blaines text?

"Hah! You better have hyper potion!"
potion should be plural I believe

Normally, it would be an error, but he says "You better have Burn Heal!" in vanilla Firered

Also, I know you added feedback to make the cave on rainbow isle easier to find, but honestly I'm not sure I would've found it without reading some random page on this thread. Maybe if the lady mentioned merchants?

I might just do that.

The story is a bit confusing. I ended up doing some sevi island quests before blaine, but I'm not sure if that was meant to be done earlier or after and I can't remember the level curve to check.

You are meant to do the second Sevii Islands quest (collecting the Life Stone) after defeating Sabrina. I do need to make it apparent to the player when they can advance in the Sevii Islands' quest. Will happen in due time!

But fantastic mod though, I absolutely loved playing it so far, and I can't wait to see what happens post E4.

Responses in bold. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2020
i forgot to ask what about the other fighting dojo pokemon (sawk, throh)?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
FyV5ehC.png

Version 2.06 Beta
SAVE IN A POKEMON CENTER BEFORE UPDATING.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/guy38558skqg2of/Pokemon_Kanto_Black_2.06_Beta.ips
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80198&stc=1&d=1474771005
Changes 2.05 to 2.06:
Spoiler:

i forgot to ask what about the other fighting dojo pokemon (sawk, throh)?

Victory Road ;)

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
FyV5ehC.png

Version 2.06 Beta
SAVE IN A POKEMON CENTER BEFORE UPDATING.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/guy38558skqg2of/Pokemon_Kanto_Black_2.06_Beta.ips
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80198&stc=1&d=1474771005
Changes 2.05 to 2.06:
Spoiler:

Victory Road ;)

so Sylveon is not in the game, right?

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Is Contrary Snivy in the game? Also Shadow Tag Chandelure? (Chandelure did have Shadow Tag as its Hidden Ability but they changed it when they released HA Chandelure in X/Y)
And also can u give grass types more coverage? I mean Fire types learns Solarbeam/Energy Ball for coverage against Water, Water gets Ice Beam/Ice Moves for coverage against Grass, why not Earth Power/Earthquake for some Grass types? I would really love for my Liligant to have Earth Power and Sunflora gets it too.

Edit:
Thank you sooooo much for making Mystic Fire 60 BP, it would've made Technician Delphox pretty useless if it was 65, i mean the only special technician boosted fire move would be Incinerate and why would people choose that over Flamethrower? Also I love that you gave Delphox some coverage moves with Icy Wind and others(Im thinking Shockwave but i havent found that TM yet so im not sure if you did give him that.)
I'm really hoping you'd give grass types Earth Power, at least they'd get coverage and have room for HP Ice (Currently have a Liligant with hp ice XD)

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
so Sylveon is not in the game, right?

Acutally, Sylveon has been in the game since 2.0 along with all of the other 6th generation Pokemon. The reason I added the other Eevee evolutions now is because they share the same root as Sylveon; otherwise, there would be no good reason to add them. If Eevee is going to be in this hack, all of its evolutions might as well be in.

Is Contrary Snivy in the game? Also Shadow Tag Chandelure? (Chandelure did have Shadow Tag as its Hidden Ability but they changed it when they released HA Chandelure in X/Y)
And also can u give grass types more coverage? I mean Fire types learns Solarbeam/Energy Ball for coverage against Water, Water gets Ice Beam/Ice Moves for coverage against Grass, why not Earth Power/Earthquake for some Grass types? I would really love for my Liligant to have Earth Power and Sunflora gets it too.

Edit:
Thank you sooooo much for making Mystic Fire 60 BP, it would've made Technician Delphox pretty useless if it was 65, i mean the only special technician boosted fire move would be Incinerate and why would people choose that over Flamethrower? Also I love that you gave Delphox some coverage moves with Icy Wind and others(Im thinking Shockwave but i havent found that TM yet so im not sure if you did give him that.)
I'm really hoping you'd give grass types Earth Power, at least they'd get coverage and have room for HP Ice (Currently have a Liligant with hp ice XD)

The Snivy line does not have Contrary yet. Chandelure has Infiltrator because I think it is more practical for the player in this hack (vanilla AI almost never switches).

I'm pretty sure Lilligant and other grass types are able to learn Earth Power (Earthquake if they are a physical attackers). Delphox can learn Shock Wave via move relearner. Delphox can also learn Charge Beam (it is now a special Power-Up Punch) in case it helps.

Back