• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Why, the hell, you don't play then Vanilla Fire Red... or Fire Red with MrDollSteak's patch, or that very old and buggy Pokemon FireRed 251+ ...and instead you just complaint for no reason?

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
i figured this out alredy but wich rom base is it? is it a us rom or a european rom?

I'm unsure if it matters, but use an US rom anyways. The US rom works for most hacks.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Have you talked to the sailor right before Vermilion's port? Talking to him with the Elite Pass should prompt him to ask you whether you want to go to the Rush Tower or not.

Okay I found him.

I have to report the layer 1 tileset (ground,...) in the Battle Tower or whatever is plain black, with sometimes a piece of green plant or pokemon center (I'd call it layer 2 tileset).

Also... I'm certainly whining but it's okay, how are these challengers so strong??? My Eelektross is OHKOed with a normal hit, my Darmanitan is OHKOed with a non-effective hit.

Is it the power of EVs??? Then how am I supposed to EV train my team when I can't beat the crap out of my opponents to get 6 Reset Mixes? Guess I'll have to EV-train again a new team with a gentle Macho Brace, then obtain the convenient items, then EV-train my existing team. But dey all @t lV. 69 now, it's 2 late for dem :'(

Finally, the one question I really have for you is : the given-EV values I can find on Pokemon websites, do they remain true in this hack?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
TYYRuiz.png
mAwANs9.png

Screen 1 shows a very easy trick house puzzle I have created. The very first one. Why add a Trick House, you may wonder? A couple of reasons:
1) I have always wanted to create a trick house, especially where its absent.
2) Trick master can be a means of rewarding some of the items I have created.
3) Slightly more trainer battles.
I do not intend for it be super difficult, but moderately challenging. Like Ruby and Sapphire, the puzzles are unlocked as you progress through the main game

Screen 2 illustrates something that I have completely overlooked until now--the Mewtwo statues have been turned to Genesect statues. Still working on the outline.

The trick house should be done very soon. After that, I will work on a bunch of miscellaneous stuff such as new items and mini games that serve to ease the process of training. Then, I shall make a final test run right before I release it to ensure a minimal amount of bugs.

Okay I found him.

I have to report the layer 1 tileset (ground,...) in the Battle Tower or whatever is plain black, with sometimes a piece of green plant or pokemon center (I'd call it layer 2 tileset).

Also... I'm certainly whining but it's okay, how are these challengers so strong??? My Eelektross is OHKOed with a normal hit, my Darmanitan is OHKOed with a non-effective hit.

Is it the power of EVs??? Then how am I supposed to EV train my team when I can't beat the crap out of my opponents to get 6 Reset Mixes? Guess I'll have to EV-train again a new team with a gentle Macho Brace, then obtain the convenient items, then EV-train my existing team. But dey all @t lV. 69 now, it's 2 late for dem :'(

Finally, the one question I really have for you is : the given-EV values I can find on Pokemon websites, do they remain true in this hack?

The errors with the tiles have been corrected. They will no longer show up in the next release.

Yes, the opponents in the battle facilities use EV trained Pokemon. It's 3 EV trained Pokemon vs 6 Pokemon with a random assortment of EVs and 5 attempts at healing, so it shouldn't be too bad. You also get points even if you lose. I'll also mention that you are allowed to use any legendary with 600 BSTs or less. So unlike the official games, Genesect and Meloetta can be used. What I might change in the next release is the cost of the items. 5 points for a reset mix does seem like a bit much to me now.

Yeah, they should all yield the EVs they normally would.

Last edited:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
KK Mystery Man, thanxu :)

Apart from my troll-looking writing, I understand that you created something "doable", my complain was not about your system; it was about my strategy being not that good. In fact, my only manner to live Pokemon battles is to sweep! And most sweepers also are frail so EV'd opponent ATK + low DEF = slaughter. I'll need to learn how to use bulkier 'mons and equilibrated teams if I want to go "competitive".
I have to mention that I've tried using legendaries. But with 0 EV anywhere, even legendaries can't do much, so it'll be training time :D

By the way the trick house looks good ^^

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
KK Mystery Man, thanxu :)

Apart from my troll-looking writing, I understand that you created something "doable", my complain was not about your system; it was about my strategy being not that good. In fact, my only manner to live Pokemon battles is to sweep! And most sweepers also are frail so EV'd opponent ATK + low DEF = slaughter. I'll need to learn how to use bulkier 'mons and equilibrated teams if I want to go "competitive".
I have to mention that I've tried using legendaries. But with 0 EV anywhere, even legendaries can't do much, so it'll be training time :D

By the way the trick house looks good ^^

Ah, my apologies if it seemed as if I perceived your post in such a way :P.

I'm still working on the system; the improvements shall be apparent in the next release. I will soon be working on funner and faster EV training alternatives. I already have a few ideas that I have mapped, so it shouldn't be too long before those are done. About the legendaries, they were just some ideas of which Pokemon to EV train.

Thanks!

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Hehehehehe =)

Actually I began to EV-train a defensive Jellicent and it seems to do some good stuff.
However I'm not done with its SPD EV.

I found another odditiy by training it : it has the "Water Absorb" ability, but it is affected by the move "Brine", which is Water-typed. Is it normal?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
The house at route 19 will freeze the game if you try to enter it.

Cinnabar Lab:
The old man won't accept Female Unfezant for Oshawott. Is this intended? and oshawott doesn't have ability but will have later when it evolves (It actually has its hidden ability). Since Oshawott line has hidden ability, is there a way to obtain the same for starters?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Hehehehehe =)

Actually I began to EV-train a defensive Jellicent and it seems to do some good stuff.
However I'm not done with its SPD EV.

I found another odditiy by training it : it has the "Water Absorb" ability, but it is affected by the move "Brine", which is Water-typed. Is it normal?

Noted, thanks!
About the inconvenience here, the 1st floor of Cerulean Cave has Pokemon that only yield Attack effort values. For Special Defense, search in the water area of the 1st floor in the same dungeon; it should have a bunch of Jellicent's. The 2nd floors should contain Pokemon that only yield Speed effort values. One of the floor's in Lavender tower should have a bunch of Litwick's for the Special Attack stat. Mt. Moon has a map with a bunch of Pokemon that yield Defense stat EVs. Sorry about this u_u; I'll note the EV training areas the next time I update the OP.

The house at route 19 will freeze the game if you try to enter it.

Cinnabar Lab:
The old man won't accept Female Unfezant for Oshawott. Is this intended? and oshawott doesn't have ability but will have later when it evolves (It actually has its hidden ability). Since Oshawott line has hidden ability, is there a way to obtain the same for starters?

I'll note the house in the OP eventually. Everyone in it will be inside Cape Brink in the next release.

Noted, thanks! The trades are a complete mess overall. e_e

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Noted, thanks!
About the inconvenience here, the 1st floor of Cerulean Cave has Pokemon that only yield Attack effort values. For Special Defense, search in the water area of the 1st floor in the same dungeon; it should have a bunch of Jellicent's. The 2nd floors should contain Pokemon that only yield Speed effort values. One of the floor's in Lavender tower should have a bunch of Litwick's for the Special Attack stat. Mt. Moon has a map with a bunch of Pokemon that yield Defense stat EVs. Sorry about this u_u; I'll note the EV training areas the next time I update the OP.

Jesus, how thoughtful are you Mystery Man, I didn't even ask for all this, I didn't even mean to complain (...well ok, only a bit), so thanks a lot! While wandering for SPD and low levels ATK, I didn't even notice that Cerulean Cave was designed this way.
I'll try it out.
Spoiler:

That being said, I'm surprised by how scarce are SPD EV-yielding Pokemon in 5th gen o.o. Only two evolutionary lines or three, plus some legendaries. Thanks GameFreak {XD}

timson733333

Woah.
Years
w8yEFh2.png

Finished a Nuzlocke of this game. This was probably the worst run I've done in a while (4 deaths rather than the usual 0-3), but it was a pretty fun challenge to do. Definitely very hard to Nuzlocke, with the later gyms having unforgiving movesets that hurt me even when I was 10 levels over each boss's ace every time (Blaine's STAB recoil move spamming was scary), and random VS Seeker trainers having teams with spiked levels as early as Fuchsia City. The Elite Four was surprisingly easy, though (probably because of U-turn shenanigans).

Some things I've noticed:
  • U-turn functions as a damage-dealing Baton Pass. I'm not sure if this can be recoded, but it has resulted in some very, very close calls, where I would U-turn out after an Intimidate, fail to get the OHKO, and almost die to some stray crit. This also made the Elite Four really easy, though, since I would just have Thundurus Twave + Sub then stall until they miss (because all the opening Pokemon have inaccurate attacks and/or Hustle) then Baton Pass to Samurott to sweep with Swords Dance + Waterfall everything. Lance in particular was incredibly easy since his Zweilous kept spamming Thunder Wave on my Substitute.
  • Rush Tower is glitched in my game. Tile errors everywhere, malfunctioning scripts, etc. I'm not sure if someone's already reported that, though.
  • When I had a Cinccino (RIP :( ), some of its moves would just fail out when they had 1 PP left. When I used Rock Blast or Tail Slap when those moves had 1 PP, it would say "But there was no PP left for this move!" and do nothing, then drain the last PP anyway. I'm not sure if this is because of Skill Link or something else, but this is a pretty major issue.

Thanks for the fun hack, and good luck in future versions!

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Jesus, how thoughtful are you Mystery Man, I didn't even ask for all this, I didn't even mean to complain (...well ok, only a bit), so thanks a lot! While wandering for SPD and low levels ATK, I didn't even notice that Cerulean Cave was designed this way.
I'll try it out.
Spoiler:

That being said, I'm surprised by how scarce are SPD EV-yielding Pokemon in 5th gen o.o. Only two evolutionary lines or three, plus some legendaries. Thanks GameFreak {XD}

Gotta have that info somewhere in this thread! It wouldn't be fair of me to not make areas specifically for EV training while having a challenge that may require it.

w8yEFh2.png

Finished a Nuzlocke of this game. This was probably the worst run I've done in a while (4 deaths rather than the usual 0-3), but it was a pretty fun challenge to do. Definitely very hard to Nuzlocke, with the later gyms having unforgiving movesets that hurt me even when I was 10 levels over each boss's ace every time (Blaine's STAB recoil move spamming was scary), and random VS Seeker trainers having teams with spiked levels as early as Fuchsia City. The Elite Four was surprisingly easy, though (probably because of U-turn shenanigans).

Some things I've noticed:
  • U-turn functions as a damage-dealing Baton Pass. I'm not sure if this can be recoded, but it has resulted in some very, very close calls, where I would U-turn out after an Intimidate, fail to get the OHKO, and almost die to some stray crit. This also made the Elite Four really easy, though, since I would just have Thundurus Twave + Sub then stall until they miss (because all the opening Pokemon have inaccurate attacks and/or Hustle) then Baton Pass to Samurott to sweep with Swords Dance + Waterfall everything. Lance in particular was incredibly easy since his Zweilous kept spamming Thunder Wave on my Substitute.
  • Rush Tower is glitched in my game. Tile errors everywhere, malfunctioning scripts, etc. I'm not sure if someone's already reported that, though.
  • When I had a Cinccino (RIP :( ), some of its moves would just fail out when they had 1 PP left. When I used Rock Blast or Tail Slap when those moves had 1 PP, it would say "But there was no PP left for this move!" and do nothing, then drain the last PP anyway. I'm not sure if this is because of Skill Link or something else, but this is a pretty major issue.

Thanks for the fun hack, and good luck in future versions!

Thank you! That's pretty much how I wanted the late game bosses to be ;). Since the last release, I have made plenty of changes to the Elite Four, so hopefully, with these changes, they will be more challenging. The random spikes in VS Seeker rematches should no longer be a thing in the next version. I figured it might be tough to nuzlocke; I aimed to make it challenging even to the casual players. I do have plans of making an easier version that aims to have the same difficulty as B2W2 challenge mode.

U-Turn and maybe Skill Link are issues with the ROM base that they come from. I'll eventually gather all of these battle-related issues and notify the creator.

The tile errors in Rush Tower have been fixed. Can you tell me more about the malfunctioning scripts?

Last edited:

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Thank you! That's pretty much how I wanted the late game bosses to be ;). Since the last release, I have made plenty of changes to the Elite Four, so hopefully, with these changes, they will be more challenging. The random spikes in VS Seeker rematches should no longer be a thing in the next version. I figured it might be tough to nuzlocke; I aimed to make it challenging even to the casual players. I do have plans of making an easier version that aims to have the same difficulty as B2W2 challenge mode.

U-Turn and maybe Skill Link are issues with the ROM base that they come from. I'll eventually gather all of these battle-related issues and notify the creator.

The tile errors in Rush Tower have been fixed. Can you tell me more about the malfunctioning scripts?

You're welcome! And yeah, this was a nightmare to Nuzlocke. It felt as if I needed a level advantage to not instantly be at death HP all the time. And stuff like Giovanni's Scolipede at Silph with Earthquake, Swords Dance, and Speed Boost was a pain to deal with and ended up killing off one of my 'mons. (Speaking of which, I'm *pretty* sure Scolipede doesn't get Earthquake naturally, and the player can't get it until Victory Road, so it's a bit unfair for Giovanni to have that up his sleeve at Silph. Also Sawk couldn't learn Earthquake while it could in the Pokemon games, so you may want to adjust compatibility a bit.)

The spikes in VS Seeker trainers, aside from the unpleasant surprises I had initially, actually did help me train, though. Having a trainer with 3 incompetent Level 52 Unfezants (only damaging move was Facade lol) helped me grind out the levels I needed to beat Koga and Sabrina. But yeah, it would be better to have them progress more naturally, so glad to hear that's going out.

When I entered Rush Tower for the first time, the scripts were wacky. They took a long time to load and/or the text boxes didn't appear, which I think can be attributed to the strain that tile errors put on the game (so if you fixed them then this probably won't be a problem anymore).

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
You're welcome! And yeah, this was a nightmare to Nuzlocke. It felt as if I needed a level advantage to not instantly be at death HP all the time. And stuff like Giovanni's Scolipede at Silph with Earthquake, Swords Dance, and Speed Boost was a pain to deal with and ended up killing off one of my 'mons. (Speaking of which, I'm *pretty* sure Scolipede doesn't get Earthquake naturally, and the player can't get it until Victory Road, so it's a bit unfair for Giovanni to have that up his sleeve at Silph. Also Sawk couldn't learn Earthquake while it could in the Pokemon games, so you may want to adjust compatibility a bit.)

The spikes in VS Seeker trainers, aside from the unpleasant surprises I had initially, actually did help me train, though. Having a trainer with 3 incompetent Level 52 Unfezants (only damaging move was Facade lol) helped me grind out the levels I needed to beat Koga and Sabrina. But yeah, it would be better to have them progress more naturally, so glad to hear that's going out.

When I entered Rush Tower for the first time, the scripts were wacky. They took a long time to load and/or the text boxes didn't appear, which I think can be attributed to the strain that tile errors put on the game (so if you fixed them then this probably won't be a problem anymore).

Hm... that is pretty brutal indeed. I'll review all of the bosses in Kanto Black to make sure they are fair for the point at which they are battled. The levels will be much better in the next release with the inclusion of the Sevii Islands and Trick House. Levels have also been reduced slightly to make it less grueling to play before the Lucky Egg.

According to Serebii, Scolipede is able to learn Earthquake. Sawk not being able to learn Earthquake is an oversight, so it shall be fixed soon. Thanks!

Ah, I think I know. I believe it has to do with the map name showing. A message box with the area name appearing in the top left corner might be interfering with the message boxes in my scripts. Since Rush Tower is only one floor (lol), there really is no need for me to have it show the name. It used to have multiple floors, with each boss rush in different ones. I'll just change the map to not show its name.

Back