• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    Really good that you're back. The hack seems insteresting, but I'll wait until your next release to check it. ;)

Good luck!

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Oh hey, this is back.

The new features look pretty cool! I can't wait to replay it.

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    so the title will not be kanto black, it should kanova version kalos + unova lol i was suggesting :D

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

I decided to post to assure people that, despite my inactivity here, I am still working on this. The screenshots showcase an extension of what was previously an uneventful cave. What's also seen is a puzzle I made in an effort to make it feel more legitimate. You will have to solve a series of these puzzles in order to reach the final room, which contains a legendary Pokemon. You don't have to read braille to complete these puzzles; plenty of hints will be provided so the layman can solve it.

I still have a few more things to do, but it shouldn't be long before I can release this.

curiters

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017

I decided to post to assure people that, despite my inactivity here, I am still working on this. The screenshots showcase an extension of what was previously an uneventful cave. What's also seen is a puzzle I made in an effort to make it feel more legitimate. You will have to solve a series of these puzzles in order to reach the final room, which contains a legendary Pokemon. You don't have to read braille to complete these puzzles; plenty of hints will be provided so the layman can solve it.

I still have a few more things to do, but it shouldn't be long before I can release this.

Keep it up man!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    waiting for this, hope you release it soon., i'm trying to hold myself back from playing this current version but I Must Resist!!.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Just wondering, sorry if this is annoying, but do you have an estimate as to when you might be finished? I know it's probably not that easy but I've been starved for Pokemon games recently and don't know if I want to start this or not. Thanks!

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • Hello. This Rom Looks so AWESOME!
    I would really Play it, because of the Features.
    BUT No 6th Gen Pokémon :( :( :( :(
    If you would put Gen 6th mons I would play it. It would fit well with those features from Gen 6th.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023

*Pika Doll for now because Yellow Doll is too many characters.

I've been working on a few mini games to further enrich this hack with content. The one I am showcasing today I call, for now, the Color Game (color because you have to match colors RBGY). It will have several different modes: normal mode (you just match and win items), training mode (EV training, you fight colored dolls), and coin mode (Game Corner coins). Other than this, I do not have anything major to show, I think.

Hello. This Rom Looks so AWESOME!
    I would really Play it, because of the Features.
    BUT No 6th Gen Pokémon :( :( :( :(
    If you would put Gen 6th mons I would play it. It would fit well with those features from Gen 6th.

Getting closer...

^^

waiting for this, hope you release it soon., i'm trying to hold myself back from playing this current version but I Must Resist!!.

Did I make it a little more difficult with today's reveal? ;)
    Soon enough!

Just wondering, sorry if this is annoying, but do you have an estimate as to when you might be finished? I know it's probably not that easy but I've been starved for Pokemon games recently and don't know if I want to start this or not. Thanks!

I estimate April if everything goes well. Most of everything is done now, I'm just working on extras.

curiters

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017

I've been working on a few mini games to further enrich this hack with content. The one I am showcasing today I call, for now, the Color Game (color because you have to match colors RBGY). It will have several different modes: normal mode (you just match and win items), training mode (EV training, you fight colored dolls), and coin mode (Game Corner coins). Other than this, I do not have anything major to show, I think.

Getting closer...

^^

Soon enough!

I estimate April if everything goes well. Most of everything is done now, I'm just working on extras.

nc work! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    The screens alone look really good. But I'll hold on my excitement a little and wait for the next version.

Also, the star in the stats screen means that stat has a 31 IV?

Good luck on the project ;)

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Getting closer...

^^

Soon enough!

OMG º_º OwO
    but maybe I can't catch all new Pokémon of Gen 6:
    the starter Pokémon till Xerneas and Yveltal?? If yes that would be so f* Awesome :D
    Thanks for answering me I feel like a simple Human who had the possibility to be answered by a Star like those Hollywood Stars º_º

That's because I respect all Hackers out there, because even I tried to hack a Rom game (the maps are easy to do but the Hex codes, the scripting language was too difficult for me. I was startled as I was trying to hack an Emerald Game because in Littleroot town there is a NPC with red hair in the same position like the player, when he jumps from the truck. I got viruses on my PC because of the Hacking Programs. Don't know why.

Please make all Gen 6 Pokémon I will wait the time necessary to download the game.
    I can be your Beta tester if you want it and I really want to help you the way I can.
    I can speak 2 languages and make a Website or a Wiki for your Game.

The Screenshots looks so amazing ^^
    I love the EV/DV and IV. I love the Stars on the Screen and the red/blue text
    so we can know the DVs etc. from a Pokémon.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023

Yet another mini-game. This one is a pachisi board. It'll work pretty similarly to the one in Dragon Warrior 3. Like the color game, it will have a normal mode and an EV training mode. Not revealing too much today because while it is mostly complete, it is not yet finalized. When released, the board will likely be more diverse. ^^

The screens alone look really good. But I'll hold on my excitement a little and wait for the next version.

Also, the star in the stats screen means that stat has a 31 IV?

Good luck on the project ;)

The star is indicative of a stat with 25+ EVs.

Thank you!

hope they got their hidden abilities like magician and protean :D

One of those is in. ;)

OMG º_º OwO
    but maybe I can't catch all new Pokémon of Gen 6:
    the starter Pokémon till Xerneas and Yveltal?? If yes that would be so f* Awesome :D
    Thanks for answering me I feel like a simple Human who had the possibility to be answered by a Star like those Hollywood Stars º_º

That's because I respect all Hackers out there, because even I tried to hack a Rom game (the maps are easy to do but the Hex codes, the scripting language was too difficult for me. I was startled as I was trying to hack an Emerald Game because in Littleroot town there is a NPC with red hair in the same position like the player, when he jumps from the truck. I got viruses on my PC because of the Hacking Programs. Don't know why.

Please make all Gen 6 Pokémon I will wait the time necessary to download the game.
    I can be your Beta tester if you want it and I really want to help you the way I can.
    I can speak 2 languages and make a Website or a Wiki for your Game.

The Screenshots looks so amazing ^^
    I love the EV/DV and IV. I love the Stars on the Screen and the red/blue text
    so we can know the DVs etc. from a Pokémon.
    Spoiler:

All of them. :)
    Along with most alternate forms.

It's probably one of those overworld sprites that have a controllable appearance via variable. It would have been nice to have that in Firered.

Send me a private message if you are still interested in beta testing. There's a lot of things I want to add, so I'll most likely not be able to make a release this month.

I scripted the mini-games so that you choose the stat you want to train. If you decide to use the mini-games as the means of training, you will not have to look up the Pokemon to see what EVs it yields.

And thanks. ;)

The starts aren't that visible. Maybe change the palette of them to blue or red to accommodate the eyes?

Besides that, I can't wait to try this game when the next beta comes out

I might just add a black background like in Gaia. If not, I'll go with a more contrasting color like you suggested.

Pleased to hear!

Pokébook1

Marene
    Years
  • Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Yet another mini-game. This one is a pachisi board. It'll work pretty similarly to the one in Dragon Warrior 3. Like the color game, it will have a normal mode and an EV training mode. Not revealing too much today because while it is mostly complete, it is not yet finalized. When released, the board will likely be more diverse. ^^

The star is indicative of a stat with 25+ EVs.

All of them. :)
    Along with most alternate forms.

It's probably one of those overworld sprites that have a controllable appearance via variable. It would have been nice to have that in Firered.

Send me a private message if you are still interested in beta testing. There's a lot of things I want to add, so I'll most likely not be able to make a release this month.

I scripted the mini-games so that you choose the stat you want to train. If you decide to use the mini-games as the means of training, you will not have to look up the Pokemon to see what EVs it yields.

And thanks. ;)

I might just add a black background like in Gaia. If not, I'll go with a more contrasting color like you suggested.

Pleased to hear!

The Screenshots are amazing, just look at the pachisi board, you can find even money and berries, how cool is that! I already wrote a private message to you ;) and instead of making the background black like Gaia you can make the stars outlined black and maybe change the color of the summary screen to fit it better. Just for the game being original. I can't wait for the next update!

https://www.pokecommunity.com//de.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Waiting for a good news

This shall do. It's still a WIP, so I have no scripts to show.

"Yet another battle facility. It's the final extra I'm working on for the next release. I have not yet done the scripts, but the events are all planned out. It's essentially an expanded Battle Institute with other challenges. The reason I am doing this is to give value to the move tutor moves I have added since they were free in the first releases. When I first stated the potential release date, I was still contemplating adding more extras, so it did not really account for the amount of time I would take on them. Comparatively, these distractions take a lot more time than normal events, but I think it's worth it."

As for other updates:
    What I have also been working on is balance, yet again. I have made sure that all of the Pokemon do not have overwhelmingly powerful moves in the beginning of their learn set. Additionally, I have devised a better system of determining trainer levels. Indeed, the system I went by in the previous versions was not too well thought--I was aiming to make it similar to Game Freak's, but slightly more challenging. Since then, I have put a new sense into these sorts of things, so hopefully it will be funner.

I have talked about this earlier, but I'll share my final decisions regarding the extra modes. The difficulty modes I have added (in-game!) are Rookie (using Game Freak sets as prototype), Moderate (smarter trainers with smarter hold items), and Elite (later trainers with EVs, some may use legendaries). Elite mode is a mess, so I will not have it as an option in the next release*. As of now, it will only affect boss trainers.
    *I'm not going to add restrictions that would block a hacker from changing to this mode, so if you *really* want to see how much of a mess it is, go and do that.

Furthermore, I have added many more move tutor moves. In total, I *think* I have created a total of 60 move tutors. If we include the edited ones, the number may be 75 now. Why so many? One of the objectives here is to let people use the 5th and 6th gen Pokemon to their best. Also, a lot of the features I have created for this project will be ported to my new region hack.

That's all I have at this time. ;)

The Screenshots are amazing, just look at the pachisi board, you can find even money and berries, how cool is that! I already wrote a private message to you ;) and instead of making the background black like Gaia you can make the stars outlined black and maybe change the color of the summary screen to fit it better. Just for the game being original. I can't wait for the next update!

It's not just limited to that; you will be able to find a plethora of other items. Training mode adds a very good amount of EVs to the Pokemon you go with. You will also have a chance of receiving an IV boosting item for the stat you chose to train during setup.

I'll probably end up doing that then. ^^

Back