• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

marcc5m

what
Years
  • I was doing a randomizer nuzlocke, this happened in mt moon:

https://prntscr.com/bzqitk

I freaked out. Then I realized gen 3 Pokemon in this don't have any moves. And I have no Pokeballs. Pretty much the worst day ever.

EDIT: Oh wow, seems like the new version was posted literally while I was posting this comment. Day is getting a little better.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    can we get another monkey(pansage/panpour/pansear) with different element?

Yes. They are rare encounters in routes after Pewter City but before Celadon City. You will also be able to buy them in the Celadon Game Corner.

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but when do you get the National Dex? I really want to use some Kalos Pokemon on my team, but I've heard that later gen Pokemon don't evolve/aren't registered without having the National Dex.

I also noticed that the catch-EXP thing from Gen 6 is in the game, which I like, but are there maybe some of the newer features as well? (BW repel system, reusable TMs, etc.)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but when do you get the National Dex? I really want to use some Kalos Pokemon on my team, but I've heard that later gen Pokemon don't evolve/aren't registered without having the National Dex.

I also noticed that the catch-EXP thing from Gen 6 is in the game, which I like, but are there maybe some of the newer features as well? (BW repel system, reusable TMs, etc.)

Kalos Pokemon should evolve without the national Pokedex; let me know if they don't. After defeating Lt. Surge, an event will activate as you leave Vermilion City where you will be given the steps need to go to the islands with Kalos Pokemon.

Yeah, all of the ones you have mentioned are in, along with some others.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Hey, so I've been messing around with the newest version. It's pretty fun! The Rainbow Island thing is an impressive addition, as well as all of the move tutors.

Here are some things that I've noticed:
    - TM compatibility seems a little off. Some stuff I've noticed include Emolga learning Avalanche, and Herdier and Lilligant learning Brick Break.
    - I've been finding "Pasho" and "Wacan" berries from the hidden berry spots in the grass. Upon inspection they seem to be renamed versions of Gen 3 berries, whose description and icon are unchanged.
    -I can't seem to play any of the minigames at Two Island. The guy on the right doesn't continue speaking after two lines, and his text box remains on the screen.
    -Certain items in the Berry Juicer selection screen can't be selected: it just loops back when I try.
    -I lost some money when I lost in the Tactic Sphere. Also, Shift mode is still on in there. That might be intentional, I'm not sure.

That's all for now, I think.

Edit: Wait, there was one more thing: the trade Emolga still comes with a Stick. Since Farfetch'd isn't in this hack, you might want to change that.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Hey, so I've been messing around with the newest version. It's pretty fun! The Rainbow Island thing is an impressive addition, as well as all of the move tutors.

Here are some things that I've noticed:
    - TM compatibility seems a little off. Some stuff I've noticed include Emolga learning Avalanche, and Herdier and Lilligant learning Brick Break.
    - I've been finding "Pasho" and "Wacan" berries from the hidden berry spots in the grass. Upon inspection they seem to be renamed versions of Gen 3 berries, whose description and icon are unchanged.
    -I can't seem to play any of the minigames at Two Island. The guy on the right doesn't continue speaking after two lines, and his text box remains on the screen.
    -Certain items in the Berry Juicer selection screen can't be selected: it just loops back when I try.
    -I lost some money when I lost in the Tactic Sphere. Also, Shift mode is still on in there. That might be intentional, I'm not sure.

That's all for now, I think.

Noted; I'll correct that soon, thanks!
    I was meaning to add the damage reducing berries, but kind of failed at it. I'll try again sometime later.
    Noted; I'll try to release an update fixing that very soon.
    While the Berry Juicer script is finished, some of the items are not, so for now, I'm just making the script loop when the unfinished items are selected.
    Yeah, Shift mode is intentional since it is the most difficult. Losing money in the sphere is kind of intentional--while I can stop this from happening, it would probably mean blocking prize money. I think it is more rewarding this way, but I'll think about it a little more.
    Thanks! I did the trades purely through hex. That made it easier to overlook a bunch of other details.

Years
  • I find it interesting that I was able to teach Aerial Ace to Snivy, but I'm not complaining about that. Honestly though I think you should remove the tutorial deal for the first trainer battle.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I find it interesting that I was able to teach Aerial Ace to Snivy, but I'm not complaining about that. Honestly though I think you should remove the tutorial deal for the first trainer battle.

Not a bad idea since I bothered to remove the other tutorials. It's not too obnoxious to go through (slightly, though), so I might just leave it as is to avoid accidentally creating logical holes that can result in bugs.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Where is the Move Relearner and how can I access it?

He should be in Two Island in the house that requires the Secret Key. Reason for this is because he can teach Pokemon their most powerful moves (i.e. Drill Run for Escavalier). You'll need to give him some mushrooms to use his services.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    He should be in Two Island in the house that requires the Secret Key. Reason for this is because he can teach Pokemon their most powerful moves (i.e. Drill Run for Escavalier). You'll need to give him some mushrooms to use his services.

Ah I see, well that makes sense. Thanks.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Updated. Changes:
    - Switched around a few of Minccino and Cinccino's moves. Most notably, it learns Fury Swipes. Reasoning: slightly stronger than Doubleslap, but not as strong as Tail Slap.
    - You should be able to play the Two Island Game Corner mini-games now.
    - Edited the Wonder Egg script. Made it a little more rewarding.

- TM compatibility fixes for: Lilligant, Herdier, and Emolga.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/5xcocdcyy0kum59/Pokemon_Kanto_Black_2.01.ips

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I don't know this is bug or not, but my male Blitzle evolve into genderless Zebstrika

Yeah, it's a bug. This is due to a function in the game that takes out their gender. The reason for this is because Zebstrika and some in the Roggenrola line iirc replace the Nido lines--it nulls, so to speak, their gender. I haven't quite found where this is being done, so I can't quick fix this, unfortunately.

For some reason the game is not working :/
    I'm patching it with Lunar IPS but all I get is a white screen when I try to play, any tips?

Download the one inside the older releases spoiler (version 2.0 beta to be specific), and let me know if that one works.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2022
    Download the one inside the older releases spoiler (version 2.0 beta to be specific), and let me know if that one works.

Already solved it, I was only using the wrong rom, but thanks! Just another question, do you changed trade evolutions? How can I evolve Boldore?

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Already solved it, I was only using the wrong rom, but thanks! Just another question, do you changed trade evolutions? How can I evolve Boldore?

Glad that's resolved! I was worried about their being a potential error with the patch, but whew!

There is an item in the hack called the Trade Stone. You'll be able to buy these once you defeat Team Rocket in Silph Co.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Thanks, but now i got another error with Red Shard move tutor in south of Fuchsia, an issue with Frost Breath move, the details with dialog option not showing like other move.

Thanks, fixed for the next update! She should still teach the move judging by the script.

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    i have question did you add forms such dorus, kyurem and other gen 6 forms? im using original save. i notice that the hardware it seems like fast phase, i feel its like 60fps.

Back