• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    I was defeat Team Rocket at Silph Co. Then talk to the president's secretary . But no Lucky Egg here :(

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    Anyone plz help me, after completed the first quest in Sevii Island, Bill take me come back Vermelion city, then i cannot ruturn Sevii Island although defeated E4, sorry for my bad english

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
    Years
  • Anyone plz help me, after completed the first quest in Sevii Island, Bill take me come back Vermelion city, then i cannot ruturn Sevii Island although defeated E4, sorry for my bad english

You should talk to the sailor in front of him, because if you walk on his side the "ship set sail" script will be triggered but if you talk in front of him, You will be able to ride the segallop ferry which will make you go to the sevii islands. Hope this helps :)

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    You should talk to the sailor in front of him, because if you walk on his side the "ship set sail" script will be triggered but if you talk in front of him, You will be able to ride the segallop ferry which will make you go to the sevii islands. Hope this helps :)
    Well, Thank you very much !

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

I found a bug here, before and after using Reveal Glass on Thundurus

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    I think Keldeo is underpower because there's no way to get Secret Sword move :((

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Does anyone know where is the fossil reviving guy? He doesn't seem to be in Cinnabar's pokemon lab

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I think Keldeo is underpower because there's no way to get Secret Sword move :((

I'll see what I can do about Keldeo. :)

Does anyone know where is the fossil reviving guy? He doesn't seem to be in Cinnabar's pokemon lab

He is in the Two Island Game Corner (although if you have not visited the Sevii Islands once, he should be in Cinnabar Island.)

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Some stuff I've encountered while playing:

- Clawitzer on Koga's team seems kinda random. I mean, Unova's selection of Bug types isn't lacking, so I don't understand why a non-Bug type is on his team. Furthermore, Clawitzer doesn't learn many Bug-type moves, and isn't even a bug in the first place.
    - Aromatisse on Sabrina's team is also a weird choice, but I'll let it slide, considering it does get a few Psychic moves by level-up.
    - I do like the Trick House: the puzzles are pretty neat.
    - The level curve is much better this time around.
    -Lucre Tour doesn't seem to be working. None of the tiles are doing anything.

Also, where can I find a Jaw Fossil? I want to get a Tyrunt.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Just copy and pasted this from the OP.

Version 2.02 Beta

https://www.mediafire.com/download/brnl5my7poqrrrb/Pokemon_Kanto_Black_2.02.ips
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79678&stc=1&d=1471038189
    Changes from 2.01 to 2.02
    Spoiler:

Some stuff I've encountered while playing:

- Clawitzer on Koga's team seems kinda random. I mean, Unova's selection of Bug types isn't lacking, so I don't understand why a non-Bug type is on his team. Furthermore, Clawitzer doesn't learn many Bug-type moves, and isn't even a bug in the first place.
    - Aromatisse on Sabrina's team is also a weird choice, but I'll let it slide, considering it does get a few Psychic moves by level-up.
    - I do like the Trick House: the puzzles are pretty neat.
    - The level curve is much better this time around.
    -Lucre Tour doesn't seem to be working. None of the tiles are doing anything.

Also, where can I find a Jaw Fossil? I want to get a Tyrunt.

- It is there for a couple of reasons: 1) to help Koga further counter the types he is weak against (Fire, Flying, Rock). I don't Crustle by itself was good enough to counter them. 2) While it does not have any direct similarities with Bug types in the Pokemon realm, it is an arthropod. Pokemon of similar species were given the Bug type.
    - Aromatisse is also there to counter Dark types and help against Bug types.
    - I've received several reports of Lucre Tour not working, so for this update, I have decided to lower the price for it until I can fully explore it. It has worked fine for me in my recent tests.
    - You should find the Jaw Fossil in the Three Island cave once you complete Lostelle's quest (if not, after going back to Kanto with Bill). In case you picked the Sail Fossil there, Lostelle will take an Enigma Berry for it which you can find in Berry Forest (you will need Surf and Cut iirc), You can also find these fossils by using Rock Smash (although for the Kalos fossils to start appearing, iirc, you first need to take one from the guy in the Three Island Cave).

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021

New bug :(
    Does anyone know where's the HM Rock Smash

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    Weird thing. Frogadier used substitute and fainted when the substitute was destroyed.

tudou

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    A few more things I've noticed.

- First off, props to you for integrating the Sevii Islands into your hack: not many hacks like yours do that.
    - I used save states to complete the Color Match game, just to see what would happen, and nothing special happened when I cleared the board of all the tiles. Is this intentional?
    - A few trainers use a male Meowstic with the female sprite. Unsure if it's a problem with the trainer rosters or a problem with Meowstic itself.
    - I do like what you've done with the Lost Cave: it's actually really clever.
    - Diancie's sprite doesn't display correctly: you can only see the top half.
    - Tyrantrum can't learn Superpower via TM, even though it is supposed to.
    Edit:
    Giga Impact has Focus Blast's description. Also, the Power Gem TM has Will-o-Wisp's description.

I have a few questions, too.
    Where can I get the Waterfall HM? It's not in Icefall Cave like it is in vanilla.
    Is there a way to obtain Tiny Mushrooms/Big Mushrooms outside of catching Foongus and Amoonguss? It's kinda annoying, having to catch them.
    Also, is there a way to obtain Heart Scales? Color Game is the only source of them that I've noticed.

That should be it for now.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023

New bug :(
    Does anyone know where's the HM Rock Smash

Will fix, thanks!

Weird thing. Frogadier used substitute and fainted when the substitute was destroyed.

Odd. Can you elaborate on this? My conjecture is that a sound move bypassed the Subsitute as it should and KOed it, but yes, an elaboration would be nice. :D

Will you add johto region in the game?

I can, but most likely not. I think the hack is long enough and in terms of Pokemon distribution, it would be too similar to the Sevii Islands.

At most, I will add another island (Rainbow Island 2?) as a moderately sized postgame island (after the E4 rematches).

A few more things I've noticed.

- First off, props to you for integrating the Sevii Islands into your hack: not many hacks like yours do that.
    - I used save states to complete the Color Match game, just to see what would happen, and nothing special happened when I cleared the board of all the tiles. Is this intentional?
    - A few trainers use a male Meowstic with the female sprite. Unsure if it's a problem with the trainer rosters or a problem with Meowstic itself.
    - I do like what you've done with the Lost Cave: it's actually really clever.
    - Diancie's sprite doesn't display correctly: you can only see the top half.
    - Tyrantrum can't learn Superpower via TM, even though it is supposed to.
    Edit:
    Giga Impact has Focus Blast's description. Also, the Power Gem TM has Will-o-Wisp's description.

I have a few questions, too.
    Where can I get the Waterfall HM? It's not in Icefall Cave like it is in vanilla.
    Is there a way to obtain Tiny Mushrooms/Big Mushrooms outside of catching Foongus and Amoonguss? It's kinda annoying, having to catch them.
    Also, is there a way to obtain Heart Scales? Color Game is the only source of them that I've noticed.

That should be it for now.

- I should add something special for completing the color game. I just might do that for the next update.
    - Noted. I'll inspect this a little more.
    - Noted the problems with the TMs. I will correct these in the next update.

- The Waterfall HM is given to you by Prof. Oak after defeating the Elite Four for the first time. This was done so I could leave a bit of the Sevii Islands quest for postgame.
    - As for Heart Scales and the mushrooms, you can buy more in the BP exchange services. BP comes by much easier after defeating the Elite Four, though now that you bring this up, I was meaning to add other methods of obtaining these, but I forgot somehow. Expect there to be more methods in the next update.

Thanks for these! As always, appreciate the good remarks.

tudou

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Okay, so I've completed the last of the Sevii Quests, and caught a bunch of legendaries. Still have a few left to go.

A thought that didn't occur until now: perhaps you could add something like Celio sending you a message (maybe via Pokemon) or something after you beat Sabrina? It's not entirely clear that the quest opens up when it does.

Here are some other thoughts, as usual.
    - The Elite Four's Pokemon rosters seemed a little random. Having Pokemon of the old member's specialty along with the new specialty is absurd, I think. I suggest that they in regular mode should stick to one type, while they can be more varied in harder modes: it's to be expected there.
    - The Stealth Rock tutor states that all Steel-types can learn Stealth Rock, but there are some who don't: namely, the Honedge line, the Klink line, Durant, Genesect, Klefki, and Escavalier.
    - In the last room of the last Trick House puzzle (which was really clever, by the way), you can walk through the statues.
    - What's the Mystery Card from the Trick Master for? It's not very clear what it's used for.
    - Kelpsy and Hondew Juice can still be bought at Rainbow Island, when the berry juicer exists.
    - Only Life Seed can be bought at the Rush Tower.

I'll have some final thoughts up soon, but I'll say for now that I really enjoyed playing this. It was a lot of fun!

Back