• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Okay, so I've completed the last of the Sevii Quests, and caught a bunch of legendaries. Still have a few left to go.

A thought that didn't occur until now: perhaps you could add something like Celio sending you a message (maybe via Pokemon) or something after you beat Sabrina? It's not entirely clear that the quest opens up when it does.

Here are some other thoughts, as usual.
    - The Elite Four's Pokemon rosters seemed a little random. Having Pokemon of the old member's specialty along with the new specialty is absurd, I think. I suggest that they in regular mode should stick to one type, while they can be more varied in harder modes: it's to be expected there.
    - The Stealth Rock tutor states that all Steel-types can learn Stealth Rock, but there are some who don't: namely, the Honedge line, the Klink line, Durant, Genesect, Klefki, and Escavalier.
    - In the last room of the last Trick House puzzle (which was really clever, by the way), you can walk through the statues.
    - What's the Mystery Card from the Trick Master for? It's not very clear what it's used for.
    - Kelpsy and Hondew Juice can still be bought at Rainbow Island, when the berry juicer exists.
    - Only Life Seed can be bought at the Rush Tower.

I'll have some final thoughts up soon, but I'll say for now that I really enjoyed playing this. It was a lot of fun!

bro update your blazed glazed hack pls, there are bugs in there.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Okay, so I've completed the last of the Sevii Quests, and caught a bunch of legendaries. Still have a few left to go.

A thought that didn't occur until now: perhaps you could add something like Celio sending you a message (maybe via Pokemon) or something after you beat Sabrina? It's not entirely clear that the quest opens up when it does.

Here are some other thoughts, as usual.
    - The Elite Four's Pokemon rosters seemed a little random. Having Pokemon of the old member's specialty along with the new specialty is absurd, I think. I suggest that they in regular mode should stick to one type, while they can be more varied in harder modes: it's to be expected there.
    - The Stealth Rock tutor states that all Steel-types can learn Stealth Rock, but there are some who don't: namely, the Honedge line, the Klink line, Durant, Genesect, Klefki, and Escavalier.
    - In the last room of the last Trick House puzzle (which was really clever, by the way), you can walk through the statues.
    - What's the Mystery Card from the Trick Master for? It's not very clear what it's used for.
    - Kelpsy and Hondew Juice can still be bought at Rainbow Island, when the berry juicer exists.
    - Only Life Seed can be bought at the Rush Tower.

I'll have some final thoughts up soon, but I'll say for now that I really enjoyed playing this. It was a lot of fun!

I did have in mind making Lostelle's dad find the player to tell him/her that they have finished a new game and share some of the current events in the Sevii Islands (especially Celio's troubles). It would be better design to heavily allude the player that they can continue the Sevii Islands quest, so I'll definitely work on this.

A bit about the intentions: the lowest difficulty aimed to match generation 1 counterparts without debilitating them too much. Bruno's Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Machamp in generation one are most similar to Sawk, Throh, and Conkeldurr, respectively. Lorelei's Jynx and Piloswine (rematch) are most similar to Cryogonal and Avalugg. Agatha's Golbat is intended to match Sigilyph, although there is much less of a connection between the two, and now that I am revisiting these ideas, I'll probably change it to a Swoobat in the difficulty that puts focus on matching them over strategy. It was mainly done for Lorelei and Bruno (I only decided to continue the pattern with Agatha to mitigate incongruities), but I can see how this can be obtrusive given that bosses in the official games strictly stick to their type in the later generations. Love the idea of making the medium difficulty one type only so as to do what the official games are doing now. This would further differentiate it with the other difficulties as opposed to just being in the middle. I'll work on this for the next update. ^^

Woah, I initially thought more Steel types learned Stealth Rock in generation 5 and 6. It doesn't seem to be the case, so I could just list the few Steel types that actually do learn it.

Fixed!

It's supposed to lower the prices of mart items when used. I'll work on making its purpose clearer.

I'll replace them with defense seeds. ;)

Noted; I'll have them sell the remaining seeds.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    Will fix, thanks!
    Odd. Can you elaborate on this? My conjecture is that a sound move bypassed the Subsitute as it should and KOed it, but yes, an elaboration would be nice. :D

The move used was brick breaker.... superpower has the same effect too.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Final notes for now, I swear:
    - One of the signs in the lowest floor of Rush Tower spews out gibberish.
    - I have Tornadus and Thundurus in my party, but the portal for the legendary in Cerulean Cave does not appear.
    - I actually found out what the Master Card does, and it's the opposite of what's intended: the stuff at the mart is more expensive when the Master Card is turned on.
    - The minigame house on Two Island still has posters displaying records for Dodrio Berry Picking and Pokemon Jump.
    Also...
    Spoiler:

Overall, I had a lot of fun with this. The difficulty was more bearable this time around: instant recharge VS Seeker helps, too.
    Plus, not many hacks of this type incorporate the Sevii Islands, and I like the way that it was incorporated here.
    The Battle Facilities are well-implemented and high quality- it must have taken a tremendous amount of work to get them running properly.
    (Also, as a random side note: Protean Greninja in-game is amazing. Especially with Life Orb. That's really cool too.)

I might try a harder difficulty at some point, but I'll definitely be playing this again at some point.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Hey man. Quick Thing.

I just started to play this mod and im running into a MAJOR bug that isn't letting me advance. IDK if anyone else has had this problem BUT, in lavender town, the ghost has shadow tag. Meaning I cant escape, die or do ANYTHING? I havent saved in a while so I don't want to lose progress. What should i do here???

Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Hey man. Quick Thing.

I just started to play this mod and im running into a MAJOR bug that isn't letting me advance. IDK if anyone else has had this problem BUT, in lavender town, the ghost has shadow tag. Meaning I cant escape, die or do ANYTHING? I havent saved in a while so I don't want to lose progress. What should i do here???

Oh darn. Normally, a channeler blocks entry into the higher parts until one obtains the 4th badge. Definitely something I overlooked. I'll change around the script to ensure this does not happen (or remove Gothita from Lavender Tower).

Does it let you run away after a Pokemon faints? Any Fluffy Tails, Poke Dolls, Smoke Balls? If not, you might have to lose the battle (you'll only lose a small amount of money since it still works like in Firered, no file deletion.) Sorry about this. :/

Final notes for now, I swear:
    - One of the signs in the lowest floor of Rush Tower spews out gibberish.
    - I have Tornadus and Thundurus in my party, but the portal for the legendary in Cerulean Cave does not appear.
    - I actually found out what the Master Card does, and it's the opposite of what's intended: the stuff at the mart is more expensive when the Master Card is turned on.
    - The minigame house on Two Island still has posters displaying records for Dodrio Berry Picking and Pokemon Jump.
    Also...
    Spoiler:

Overall, I had a lot of fun with this. The difficulty was more bearable this time around: instant recharge VS Seeker helps, too.
    Plus, not many hacks of this type incorporate the Sevii Islands, and I like the way that it was incorporated here.
    The Battle Facilities are well-implemented and high quality- it must have taken a tremendous amount of work to get them running properly.
    (Also, as a random side note: Protean Greninja in-game is amazing. Especially with Life Orb. That's really cool too.)

I might try a harder difficulty at some point, but I'll definitely be playing this again at some point.

Noted, thanks for the reports! You can access Unknown Cave. You only need a Silph Scope for it. The entrance is in the upper right corner of the map. To find it, go behind the merchants.

Yeah, I decided to follow Black and White's level progression this time around (-1 level for every additional Pokemon in the opponent's party) as opposed to vanilla's (-2--in perspective, if the max level of a route is 36, a trainer with 6 Pokemon would be around level 26.) That's one part of it.

Thanks! I still have a few ideas left for battle facilities. Pretty satisfying creating them, although the process does have plenty of nuisances.

The move used was brick breaker.... superpower has the same effect too.

Noted, I'll inspect this. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Oh darn. Normally, a channeler blocks entry into the higher parts until one obtains the 4th badge. Definitely something I overlooked. I'll change around the script to ensure this does not happen (or remove Gothita from Lavender Tower).

Does it let you run away after a Pokemon faints? Any Fluffy Tails, Poke Dolls, Smoke Balls? If not, you might have to lose the battle (you'll only lose a small amount of money since it still works like in Firered, no file deletion.) Sorry about this. :/

Thats the issue. The ghost doesn't attack you and you can't attack it. I beat the fourth gym and forgot to get the silph scope. I'll cheat in a fluffy tail and see if it will let me run. Other wise, I might have to reset from my last save. :(

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Thats the issue. The ghost doesn't attack you and you can't attack it. I beat the fourth gym and forgot to get the silph scope. I'll cheat in a fluffy tail and see if it will let me run. Other wise, I might have to reset from my last save. :(

What emulator are you using? I'll provide instructions anyways to expedite the process in case you are also using VBA:

In VBA, click on "Tools". You should see Memory Viewer in the drop down. Click on "Memory Viewer". In the box where you can type in stuff (to the left of "Go"), paste this: 2023E8A. Once pasted, click on "Go". It should take you to that offset. Click on the very first "00" where you see a sea of 00s. Replace that particular "00" by writing in "05". After you do this, go back to the game, and switch to another Pokemon. The battle should end.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Still doesn't work unfortunately. I have this as a save state as well. I already just reset to my last save and have started playing again, but i think this will be something to look at to fix, as i'll have this as a save state.

Here is what it tells me

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Still doesn't work unfortunately. I have this as a save state as well. I already just reset to my last save and have started playing again, but i think this will be something to look at to fix, as i'll have this as a save state.

Here is what it tells me

Darn, keep on forgetting about a variable. A testament to the degree of the predicament.. Does anything happen when you attempt to attack it (with the byte changed)? Use an item? Just curious.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    It tells me that samurott is too scared to move.

Is there an offset to mess with my items in my bag to change one of my items to something like a fluffy doll?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    It tells me that samurott is too scared to move.

Is there an offset to mess with my items in my bag to change one of my items to something like a fluffy doll?

I'm not too certain, but I could look into it. By the way, I have noticed that in the image, it says 0x2023E8C, indicating that 05 (highlighted) is in that address, not 0x2023E8A. 0x2023E8A is the address that should have "05". EDIT: Change it to 8-bit to simplify this.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I'm not too certain, but I could look into it. By the way, I have noticed that in the image, it says 0x2023E8C, indicating that 05 (highlighted) is in that address, not 0x2023E8A. 0x2023E8A is the address that should have "05". EDIT: Change it to 8-bit to simplify this.

OMG. THAT WORKED!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!

BTW: is there a way to evolve boldore w/o trade? seems a bit redundant when this game is meant to be played on an emulator don't you think?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    OMG. THAT WORKED!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!

BTW: is there a way to evolve boldore w/o trade? seems a bit redundant when this game is meant to be played on an emulator don't you think?

Awesome. ^^

All Pokemon in this hack can evolve without necessitating to trade. Boldore evolves by using the Trade Stone on it. You'll be able to buy these in Saffron City after you defeat Team Rocket.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2021
    Hello, great hack! I'm just wondering if this hack has the Pokemon Vulcanion?Also, is there a guide for this hack? I'd love to know if there's one. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Hello, great hack! I'm just wondering if this hack has the Pokemon Vulcanion?Also, is there a guide for this hack? I'd love to know if there's one. Thanks in advance!

volcanion was there you need to find it

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I'll try to release an update tomorrow fixing some major bugs. What is changed so far:
    Spoiler:

I'll be frank: the reason the updates have been slower is because my motivation for this project is waning (once again lol) while it is waxing for my next one. I believe I hae alluded to it a few times in this thread, mentioning that I was intending to use Kanto Black as a base for it (which, considering all the developments since I have started this project, would be a horrifically asinine decision when the options on other bases are so much better.) Update: it will be on Emerald. The updated battle engine is extremely enticing. All of the features I have worked on for this hack I will attempt to port to Emerald, such and such (and work on newer things that I might port to this hack. :P). No, this hack will not be in hiatus--I'll just be updating it slowly until my motivation for the other project diminishes for a time, similar to how it is now for this one. tl;dr: I've spent too much time in Kanto. All I really have done for the other project is maps thus far (3/4 done with them, but in Firered). KB will not have any new major developments (I promise you will not need to restart your save file for it as they are mainly plans for the postgame) for a few months, just bug fixes.

Another Glitch FOund.

The UnFezant trade in cinnabar Island is broken.

Thanks! I've made a temporary fix for this, although I might just change the trade completely. The issue is he only accepts male Unfezants. The reason for this: when I first did the trades, there were no gender differences. Again, will be fixed! :)

Thanks! A guide to help you in boss battles or for navigation through the newer maps? As far as I know, there is none. If you are having trouble in the game, you could just ask me. :)

Last edited:
    Back