• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black 2 hack: Pokémon Kanto/Sevii Islands NDS Rom Base

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
I think the only thing I can point out from this us that you are making the maps, too big IMO. I mean, the layout is good, but towns will look too much empty wiht big maps :/

Great job, keep going on man :D

Yea I was thinking about that too as I progress. But I'm sure that since we have a building editor some people might use it to add more stuff onto the maps.

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
Route numbers and City/Town names now appear!
Route_Names_now_Appear.png

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
As a ROM base, will you try to include XY Pokémon or is that impossible?

I'm going to try to keep it 5th generation and lower since there aren't that much research into B/W/B2/W2 roms. As of right now I'm trying to edit warps so I can release the Alpha and It seems to be very difficult right now since B2W2 doesnt have a lot of tutorials or softwares to edit scripts.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Looking forward for this!

Anyway, I was hoping you would later on (if you find the time) would also make some tutorials from beginner to expert covering all areas, if you can. :) There are too few tutorials for hacking NDS pokemon roms, which I find unfortunate. I'd love making a Rom like yours or Mikelan98's, but I just can't find enough documentation.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :)

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
I remember KazoWar's thread from long ago on a different site about 721 Pokemons in BW/B2W2 but I'm not sure if I should be aiming for that far yet. Script and Text editing is easy thanks to Spiky's DS Map Editor. But editing the event is so complicated because SDSME doesn't support 5th gen yet. So I'm still at a point where I'm trying to find another way to edit the warps in the game.

Small update:

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
Years
SDSME is a good tool :) It's a bit rough getting into tho :) Since there isn't any guides on it. But afterwards its simple ;D

Last edited:

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
I'm going to slowly trace my steps and edit all the trees to make them more 3D. Seems like my way of trying to make 2d tile editing is not meant to be on a 3D engine. So i'm gonna try to manipulate the 3D Trees like ORAS/XY since it does work on BW series. I'll update the progress later.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
This is an awesome idea and it'd be cool to see more games like this, however because of the lack of programs that 100% work for making hacks like these I can see why there are so few of them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
I have been following your project for a while, and this has been looking amazing. Keep up the good work.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It's amazing how much this ROM base has actually progressed. Now I was thinking about something. A few years ago, I used to be working on a Littleroot Town model, in a kinda different way you've mapped. But I had so many flaws, such as me putting every tree polygon in the shape of a "+", like how B2/W2 does it. But I gradually lost the incentive to continue on the map. I would really like to go back to creating models through 3ds Max, but I'd really like to see a more easier way of being able to create the maps in 3ds Max or some 3D application that supports the TWL System 3D plugins.

And if anyone encourages me back into Black Version 2 hacking and model development, then I'd be more than happy to help create any future ROM Hacks with any team there is. There is just so much that I'd really like to learn about. I've been mostly a ROM researcher over the years and I have experimented with stuff, but I'd surely like to do more than that. I have the official 2010 TWL System packages. If anyone wants to get in contact with me to encourage me back into Black Version 2 hacking, you're more than welcome to. ^^

Anyways, it's really looking good so far, you've already got up to Route 103's map, that's certainly way much more than I'd have ever done. Best of luck to you! ;)

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
This looks amazing!
Are you going to change the music and OW sprites as well?

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
I haven't been updating the project lately and it seems I don't have the motive to continue it. I did make a lot of promises to try and never give up even after finding the knowledge of mapping. But sad to say I will be discontinuing this project and aim my studies towards the future of of Rom Hacking. Eventually many of you who has been in this community for so long will discover that there are many things you can do with the right tools. I also won't be leaving Pokecommunity; I stay in touch with it's future instead.

"Who knows I might have a new project in the near future and this Pokemon Black 2 project will go into one of my unfinished collections of rom hacking projects."

Last edited:
Back