• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Ok, I have returned and I have decided to finish the hack I started a long time ago.
    Name: Pokémon Lightning Yellow
    Starter: Pikachu
    Rival's Starter: Eevee
    Pokémon (newly)obtainable: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle(all in one game)
    Okay, well this is basically a remake of Pokémon Yellow for the GBC into a nice GBA version edited from Pokémon Fire Red.
    Comparative Screenshots:
    pika27nr.png
    lightpika29qa.png

pika39ib.png
    lightpika34bm.png

pika47tv.png
    lightpika43zk.png

pika54fc.png
    lightpika50oz.png

pika68nb.png
    lightpika61cb.png

pika76jy.png
    lightpika72wa.png

pika88ee.png
    lightpika89fv.png

pika12gw.png
    lightpika19yg.png

Beta 0.12 is out(Check the attachment)
    New things in 0.11
    I edited the wild pokemon data up to pewter city. Everything is exactly like Yellow(except the old man in viridian city) up to pewter city. I reccomend starting a new save as well as not playing past pewter city! Have fun with this!(You can catch Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest)

beta 0.12 released
    Okay, I did a little bit more editing, I changed the title screen to have a Pikachu instead of a charizard.
    pokemonlightningyellow01lg6.png

Also, I fixed a bug or two, but I didn't do much else. So, this is a very small update.

I'm going to add the ability to capture Mew, Celebi and maybe even Jirachi. And I might add in some Johto(who knows). If I decide to, it'll be the first game that starts in kanto and goes through Johto.(Wouldn't that be nice?) You're welcome to suggest new things and tell me of the bugs in the beta.

Incomplete Things(Not Bugs):
    IMPORTANT
    The beginning where prof. Oak catches the pokemon is screwed up, for he is catching a Weedle. I need help to figure out how to change that into a Pikachu. If you figure this out, and tell me, you will have credits in the making of the game. Very helpful thankyou.

I need to find where the old man's back graphic is in unlz-gba.(same as above)Also, anyway that I could find to edit the old man's back graphic would be helpful.
    I think I'm going to change the graphic of the main player(check attachment, tell me what you think of the graphic, and if I should use it or not).

Last edited:

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
  • looks awesome im downloadin fire red so i can play just 1 question does pikachu follow u around like in yellow

jaguar

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    nice remake keep it up looks real good. i want to do a remake of some old pok game but i dont know which tools to use. if you can tell me the tools you use i would be grateful (pm me if u want)

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • as of yet making it so pikachu follows you around is not planned, however if I can figure out how to add a new event to each map, it might be possible(advancemap doesn't do it right).
    The lightball might make the pikachu too powerful, what do you think?

jojotjuh

I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!
    Years
  • Red said:
    as of yet making it so pikachu follows you around is not planned, however if I can figure out how to add a new event to each map, it might be possible(advancemap doesn't do it right).
    The lightball might make the pikachu too powerful, what do you think?

to make pikachu follow, you can always edit the sprites with spread (sprite editor)

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • jojotjuh said:
    to make pikachu follow, you can always edit the sprites with spread (sprite editor)
    no you can't. If I was going to make it so pikachu follows you i wouldn't make it some lame sprite edit.

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • Looks great, I look forward to playing it...later in the game will you have pikachu refuse to evolve?

pencilbuddy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    what game is this of
    yellow

is there a change of the wild pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • Pencilbuddy...This game is an updated version of Yellow but a hack of Fire Red...it looks great and I believe it will be an overall great hack...however pencilbuddy...please don't double post, against the rules..just edit the previous post you made

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • johto_master_2012 said:
    Cool! I soooooo got the hack and it's EXCELLENT!!! THANKS!!
    But does the PIKACHU talK? Like "Pika pika!"?
    I don't think i'll change the cry of the pikachu. As it looks, in the original yellow, the pikachu went "Pika Pika!" when sent out(and wasn't sent out in a pokeball like all other pokes) and when it fainted it went "Chaaaa!", if I edited the cry it would just say "Pika! Pika!" when it died too, which would sound pretty a strange(A pikachu being very happy while fainting...)
    BTW, I'm glad you liked it.
    So, it seems the second rival battle is perfect.(If you've noticed) The one on route 22.
    Nox30_04 said:
    Looks great, I look forward to playing it...later in the game will you have pikachu refuse to evolve?
    Actually I was going to tkake out the effect of the thunderstone on pikachu completely so it will say"it has no effect" when you try to evovle the pikachu. Now, that will be the only pikachu in the game. The only thing is, that I'm going to make it so the pikachu can still breed, and therefore pichu can be hatched. I'm just wondering if I should still let pichu evolve...

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • Cool, what about an in game trading for Raichu?(so that it would be possible to still get it) it could be put in where that kid wants like a Nidorino for a Nidorina cause I think thats a useless trade.

brockman5

Sprite Master..
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2007
    Really awesome...if you could get pikachu to follow you it would be..(for lack of a better word) a record!!??! Nice looking though, so it looks like this one will compete with the other yellow remake, but good...keep it up!!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Really nice, I thought about doing a Yellow Remake and replacing the bike sprite with an ash and pikachu, but then there wouldn't be a bike so... anyway nice job.

revan323486

Fear me or I'll cry...
    Years
  • Some critisism: Ok.... Some people might look at this (like me) like "Oh no, not another remake waiting to fail..." But for this not to fail, give it something that most remakes don't, like an alternative storyline, like from the shows.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • revan323486 said:
    Some critisism: Ok.... Some people might look at this (like me) like "Oh no, not another remake waiting to fail..." But for this not to fail, give it something that most remakes don't, like an alternative storyline, like from the shows.
    okie dokie... Okay, I'll do that eventually I guess...(maybe starting with the 1st jesse & james battle?) Oh, and after you beat the elite four, i might make it possible to travel to johto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back