• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
Years
  • Good job so far. Hope you continue, and not give up like many others did. Maybe you should do something about the Lapras giving in Pallet Town? (I'm kind of confused... It says it gives a Lapras, after he says it's a Bulbasaur, and then Lapras becomes Bulbasaur. Hopefully you can get Pikachu to follow you. Maybe start with an alternate sprite, then once an event finishes, you can switch to a copied one, with edits? I'm not good at hacking, so I don't really know. Wish you good luck!

From,
    ~TheRoad

EDITS: I don't think there is a program that can copy things, so I guess you can forget the idea. Also, I hope to see an update. Too bad I can't give any pointers...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    Hey, Nice job, I like the Look of it so far. I was wondering, if you add Johto are you going to make a way to gain The Johto Starters or The Hoenn Starters? Well Keep up the progress.

Years
  • Hmmm... where is Red, anyways?
    I don't know if he's still on, and I don't want to be too worried because August 23 was his last post. Hopefully he's doing all right...

Or who knows?

Hopefully we'll hear an update.

From,
    ~TheRoad

PS: (These are some suggestions about the game, posted long ago... The ones that are erased are the ones that are bad... XD)- In the original Yellow there is a Chansey in each Pokemon Center, you could take the Chansey sprite from Fuchsia City and place it alongside Joy.
    - As for the Pikachu sprite, I believe there is a Pikachu in the Vermillion Pokemon Fanclub house, so that could be a usable sprite.

These are two plausible ideas, so why is the Chansey one only being used?
    Hopefully you'll respond.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2013
    I like the idea of a Yellow remake very much, so I'm just gonna make a suggestion : Keep it like a Pokemon Yellow remake .

It's called a REMAKE becuz it takes most(if not all) elements from the original game, so "spicing it up" to make it follow anime events or something would make it less of a Pokémon Yellow remake, and more of a Pokémon animé recreation on a GBA. ADDING aditional touches is OK, but just don't EDIT the main ideas of Pokemon Yellow. You can add a new map or two, but don't modify main Kanto and Pokemon Yellow events, you can just place new stuff on some new island for Sevii Islands or something.

But Pokémon Yellow was an animé-based recreation of Red/Blue, but because of technological limitations, only so much was possible (i.e., getting Pikachu to refuse to evolve and follow you around, having different sprites for Surfing Pikachu, et cetera). So, adding animé elements would only make it closer to what Shigeru Miyamoto wanted Yellow to be. I whole-heartedly support adding elements of the animé to Lightning Yellow.

Lightning Yellow should have been made already, as FR/LG is the only "generation," so to speak, of Pokémon to not have a third remake. Think about it: Red and Blue/Green have Yellow, Gold and Silver have Crystal, and (more recently) Ruby and Sapphire have Emerald. But what do Fire Red and Leaf Green have? NADA! That is why I fully support you making this remake and glare at Nintendo for not doing so.

I, tragically, cannot help since I do not have Fire Red and I do want to keep this ROM business as legal as possible. :(

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • hey, can someone post the beta for me? the beta was removed when this place swithed servers and all i get when i try to download it is a blank screen

Years
  • But Pokémon Yellow was an animé-based recreation of Red/Blue, but because of technological limitations, only so much was possible (i.e., getting Pikachu to refuse to evolve and follow you around, having different sprites for Surfing Pikachu, et cetera). So, adding animé elements would only make it closer to what Shigeru Miyamoto wanted Yellow to be. I whole-heartedly support adding elements of the animé to Lightning Yellow.

Lightning Yellow should have been made already, as FR/LG is the only "generation," so to speak, of Pokémon to not have a third remake. Think about it: Red and Blue/Green have Yellow, Gold and Silver have Crystal, and (more recently) Ruby and Sapphire have Emerald. But what do Fire Red and Leaf Green have? NADA! That is why I fully support you making this remake and glare at Nintendo for not doing so.

I, tragically, cannot help since I do not have Fire Red and I do want to keep this ROM business as legal as possible. :(

Hmm... did Shigeru Miyamoto say that? Just curious.

But sadly, some people consider FR/LG to be more of remakes (as you so blatantly pointed out) and do not deserve a third remake, Thunder/Lightning/OMGITSBURNING Yellow.

And you could always make a petition urging Nintendo to make a Lightning Yellow/Thunder Yellow, or something like that. Though I suppose it could be pointless, either way.

Anyways, someone should upload the beta. And someone should contact Red. He's disappeared.

Anyways, hope this issue gets fixed.

From,
    ~TheRoad

miniandrewmini

Eccentric Otaku
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021

hey ahh red if you ever come back i have and idea for ya to have pikachu follow you!
    have you tried to hack normal yellow to see the code of pikachu following you?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hey, luckily I still had Red's patch. Too bad he isnt here anymore... The hack was ok, but there werent too much differences with FR.
    I dont know if there was a newer beta, this is the one I have:

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
    Years
  • Thanks ALOT Zel!!! that was real kind of you, but this guy isnt working on it anymore? if true, thats a real shame, but theres always hope in a better Thunder Yellow version lol

Last edited:

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Atla
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    I might work on this!
    But Ill need some help.
    Can some one upload all programs that Ill need to hack because some of the ones in the temporary showcase dont work!
    Ah well till then ill test out some theorys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back