• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Just finished playing this =), great hack I especially like the trainer sprite and back sprite of the main male char. I don't like the one on the trainer card but thats probably because I'am biased towards the one Zel has on his hack x). I liked the new rivals too. Anyways great hack , it was really fun to play =D

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Hey LaZ, I found a way to solve that problem you were having with

Spoiler:

Just do this at the beginning of the script but use a different var for each tile.
    Spoiler:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    OK, this is weird, I've tried all 3 downloads to workin Fire Red roms, but the game glitches up at the beginning Oak part. What up wit dat?

try getting the rom from somewhere else. thats all i can think of...

Hey LaZ I can't remember, have you added Entei and Raikou's event yet?

Yep you have. But regarding that:
    Spoiler:

Also
    Spoiler:

yes. i agree. it is a space wasting script. it works though :P

Well crystal was like G/S, just with extras and animations. I think it's similar to the original...
    also, why play a hack if your gonna cheat?...no point, if i sound aggressive i'm sorry..my personal life sucks.

but LaZ change my magikarp line-up lol..
    I want decent pokes :)

sure. i'll change those pokes LOL.

Is it possible to make the trade-evolvers evolve with an item? Them evolving by level just gives it this really...fake feel. It's one of the things I hated in SG. For example, holding an item called Twised Spoon could evolve Kadabra. I mean I would prefer keeping them normal and having them evolve by trade...but this would be the next best solution IMO.

yes. its half and half. some are level and some are items :P

I haven't played this yet, but I wanted to say something anyway.
    Crystal was my favorite GSC game (and 3rd and 4th gens are just ripoffs with cool features), so this game will probably entrance me more than Shiny Gold did. And I thought Shiny Gold was really cool.

So, I really, really, really hope this game gets finished; I was pretty disappointed when Crystal Shards went kaput.

(Shiny Gold is still cool, but.. *does sparkly eyes at nearly-finished Crystal remake*)

Thanks dude. crystal was the most ultimate game ever. it will deffinitly get finished.

Hey LaZ, here's a banner I made to show my support ;)

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

HTML:
    [url=https://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=liquidcrystal.png][IMG]https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7131/liquidcrystal.png[/IMG][/url]

thanks dude. i'll add it to the first post :D

Heyh!, sorry about my abscense, but the University is killing my time, I just wantesd to say you n"GOOD WORK!" it seems that the ultimate hack is coming sooner, and I'm still your no1 fan, don't forget that!

thanks dude. it is coming sooner than expected.

Just finished playing this =), great hack I especially like the trainer sprite and back sprite of the main male char. I don't like the one on the trainer card but thats probably because I'am biased towards the one Zel has on his hack x). I liked the new rivals too. Anyways great hack , it was really fun to play =D

xd. thanks. i heard that zel is useing the same OW as me in SG's beta 6. not too sure though. just means we might need a new one.

sweet, very nice man...are there shiny's in this? such as shiny starters.

there is 1 shiny. a shiny trade :P

This Hack is simply awsome. I'm a huge fan of the Johto series and couldn't wait for the remakes of the old games, which were, in my opinion, part of the best ever made!

sy,
    Kentai

thanks. johto was the best region i think too.

Hey LaZ, I found a way to solve that problem you were having with

Spoiler:

Just do this at the beginning of the script but use a different var for each tile.
    Spoiler:

good work dude. but that wouldnt work for me as the same script is used on each tile.

Looks absoloutely awesome!

thanks dude.

update: still working on stuff. im beta testing atm and found quite a few bugs. i still feel its too empty to release another beta xD. i need some extra stuff.

link

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Hey LaZ, what I meant was have that as beginning for each tile, but for each tile compile it with a new variable and then just have a pointer to the main script.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Oh btw...you might want to keep this the same to stay true to the original...but could you maybe get rid of the nicknames for the in-game trades? It's so annoying.

Also, since I see people complaining about Hoenn guys being too hard to find...just throwing out ideas here...maybe have a part where a boat or something takes you to an island with a jungle on it, and thats where you can find the hoenns? Then again that would probably be a whole nother big thing to add in. Eh idk.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    Hey LaZ I have a quick question. Awhile back, Zeikku mentioned some graphical changes he's made and said they'd be in beta 2. Specifically I'm talking about the text and HP boxes in the battles. Since I haven't heard anything about them for awhile, do you still plan on implementing them into beta 2? I'll put the image in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    aaarrgghh who can you teach Whirlpool to?? I've tried so many Pokemon, none of them can learn it

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    xd. thanks. i heard that zel is useing the same OW as me in SG's beta 6. not too sure though. just means we might need a new one.
    link
    Your sprite is amazing you should definitely keep it in, although its up to you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    There's a bug with the red garados. Are we not suppose to be fighting that? Because when I fight it, it restarts.

Edit: More bugs: I only have my hms, all my other tms are gone

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    I have a problem, I have downloaded the latest version of this ROM. I have a clean Firered ROM, I patch the IPS LC file using the Lunar IPS with the Firered ROM. I load the ROM onto the gba emulator. The screen will load it display for about 5 seconds when then the screen goes black, and I can just here sounds in the background but nothing there.

Any help?

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    I have a problem, I have downloaded the latest version of this ROM. I have a clean Firered ROM, I patch the IPS LC file using the Lunar IPS with the Firered ROM. I load the ROM onto the gba emulator. The screen will load it display for about 5 seconds when then the screen goes black, and I can just here sounds in the background but nothing there.

Any help?

Save as 156k, perhaps you need to change the save format on the top.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Hey, LaZ are all kanto, johto, and hoenn starters going to be obtainable?

Spoiler:

Years
    I wish someone would make a walkthrough for this so I could find all the hoenn pokemon
    also I noticed a glitch , you're supposed to be able to teach fire punch to typhlosion but the team wouldn't work =/ , the thunderpunch tm did work for it though XD and one of the gym trainers in the ice gym had a ? as a pokemon o.O I forget which because Im past that part now

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Are the problems with what Pokemon can learn TMs (such as my Delibird being the only Pokemon I have able to learn Whirlpool) going to be fixed in beta 2?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back