• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • i forgot to mention something in that refferal thing that i didnt realize. after you register you have to complete an offer for me to get a refer. most of the offers need a dredit card which is why im gonna forget about it lol becuase none will be able to register lol.

link

g12

=o
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2015
    hi im wondering if all 3 generations are in the game and if there hard to find like in shiny gold and did beta 2 came out yet?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    A few questions:

1)Where can I catch an abra? In GSC it was on route 34, but I can't find it there.
    2)How would one evolve kadabra, graveler, machoke, or other pokemon that normally evolve through trade in this?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Hey, Link! Are you going to fix the OW Sprite
    of Zane? No offense, but it's kinda ugly.
    And are you going to let certain Pokemon learn TM moves
    they are supposed to learn? (Eg. Typlosion needs to learn
    both Fire Punch and Thunder Punch)
    If these are edited, this will be best Crystal Remake that beats
    all the others.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Hey, Link! Are you going to fix the OW Sprite
    all the others.
    You're forgetting something. This already is the best Crystal remake.
    Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    A few glitches/concerns

-The weather. While it can sometimes be a nice variation from the normal weather, I think the weather effects are too frequent, and too sporadic. A route could be sandstorming and then snowing a minute later. Maybe you could get rid of the effects on certain routes, or limit sandstorming to mountain routes/rain to moist routes/snow to cold routes... etc. Also, there's no sunshine, which my Quilava doesn't like.

-The eevee you recieve is at level 20. This means that whatever evolution you choose will take over 20 levels before learning any attacks of it's element, making it a useless addition to a team for quite sometime. Changing it so that you recieve at level 15 instead would fix this.

-There's a lack of bug catching contests. Clearly this is on purpose, but I still can't figure out how to get them running, unless it just isn't in this beta.

-A few of the sprites are kind of ugly. Growlithe and Rattata have squished faces, and Pidgeotto/golbat/Nidarino just looks awful. (Though I do love some of the other custom sprites)

-To my knowledge there is no espeon/umbreon.

-Trainers use super/hyper potions too frequently. I can understand gym leaders and the elite four, and even some of the tougher victory road trainers using them, but when an average underleveled trainer uses a hyper potion on the first of their five Pokemon, it's a bit much.

-Kurt's pokeballs are weird. All color apricorns turn into net balls, and all you have to do is exit the town and walk back into it for him to finish making them.

-Poison does not deplete your health if you're surfing. (not that I have a problem with this!)

-In the town south of the Lake of Rage, the fake shop sells "Slowpoketails" for 400(whatever the currency is), and the description and image of the item is a green shard.

-On the route to the left of Ecruteke, I headbutted a tree on the bottom of the route and it froze the game.

-The Pokemon center right before the enterance to Union Cave is glitchy. (you have to walk a certain way in order to exit it. It's hard to explain)

-In the department store you can walk in the black areas on the side.

Despite all this, this is still the best Crystal remake I've played. :)

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    -Trainers use super/hyper potions too frequently. I can understand gym leaders and the elite four, and even some of the tougher victory road trainers using them, but when an average underleveled trainer uses a hyper potion on the first of their five Pokemon, it's a bit much.

I don't agree on this one. One thing that's always sucked in these games is the trainers are too incredibly easy. I think it's a nice change of pace.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    A few glitches/concerns

-Kurt's pokeballs are weird. All color apricorns turn into net balls, and all you have to do is exit the town and walk back into it for him to finish making them.
    that is bad.

the rest is good.
    Doesnt anyone get tired of waiting a day to get a pokeball?

And to Link, what you should do is set it up in trade format.

Like trade Black Apricot to Kurt for whatever ball it corresponds to

just a suggestion

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    A few questions:

1)Where can I catch an abra? In GSC it was on route 34, but I can't find it there.
    2)How would one evolve kadabra, graveler, machoke, or other pokemon that normally evolve through trade in this?

1) you know after you fight winnie, and then u keep goign up and just before the building to the park, there's a patch of grass to the right. I caught mine there. It was like that in GSC too.

2) They evolve when they hit a level.

I wanna ask if someone can upload and post/pm a link with a working version with tms and hms available, because my patched version does not have tms and I also crash at red garados.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Well er guys, i'm beta testing for a while.
    I'm gonna say that you guys will LOVE beta 2 :)
    it needs work still but it's awesome never the less.

linkandzelda

Years
  • hi im wondering if all 3 generations are in the game and if there hard to find like in shiny gold and did beta 2 came out yet?

yes all the 3 gens will be obtainable. quite hard to find though. Beta 2 hasnt come out yet.

A few questions:

1. Route 34 there is one
    2. I think they evolve by level but i cant rmemebr.

Hey, Link! Are you going to fix the OW Sprite
    all the others.

Well i like the OW sprite of zane. I wasn't planning to change it. The learnable tms will be done for beta 2 (most of them)

You're forgetting something. This already is the best Crystal remake.
    Good luck!

thanks dude.

I hope you fix the worldmap problems you told me about

I hope so too.

For those who want fire punch btw.. typhlosion is supposed to learn it through tutoring not TM's.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Typhlosion_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up

If you look below.. I guess some people think he's supposed to learn it through TM because of shiny gold. Not sure though..

So maybe if a move tutor was put in, which I haven't found one yet (next to the gamecorner and other places at least..)

Well that looks like there is a tutor in emerald. I'll find some way for him to learn it.

A few glitches/concerns

-The weather. While it can sometimes be a nice variation from the normal weather, I think the weather effects are too frequent, and too sporadic. A route could be sandstorming and then snowing a minute later. Maybe you could get rid of the effects on certain routes, or limit sandstorming to mountain routes/rain to moist routes/snow to cold routes... etc. Also, there's no sunshine, which my Quilava doesn't like.

LaZ: Well i improoved how frequent the weatehr changes are. its much better. I cant have sun as one of the weathers becuase it crashes the rom when you exit a house and its sunny. At least if there is a sandstorm then it happens everywhere and not one route.

-The eevee you recieve is at level 20. This means that whatever evolution you choose will take over 20 levels before learning any attacks of it's element, making it a useless addition to a team for quite sometime. Changing it so that you recieve at level 15 instead would fix this.

LaZ: The eevee you recive in the orginal is at level 20 so im not going to change it. Just becuase its usfull sooner isnt a good enough reason for me :P

-There's a lack of bug catching contests. Clearly this is on purpose, but I still can't figure out how to get them running, unless it just isn't in this beta.

LaZ: Thats becuase the bug catching contest isnt in this beta. (neither will it be in the beta 2)

-A few of the sprites are kind of ugly. Growlithe and Rattata have squished faces, and Pidgeotto/golbat/Nidarino just looks awful. (Though I do love some of the other custom sprites)

LaZ: Well most of the new sprites will be added for beta 2.

-To my knowledge there is no espeon/umbreon.

LaZ: Your knoledge is correct. they will be in beta 2. infact they already are done.

LaZ: I like it tbh. it gives more game time :D

LaZ: I havent checked that but im not sure. im still thinking of a solution for him finishing a ball.

-Poison does not deplete your health if you're surfing. (not that I have a problem with this!)

LaZ: I cant do anything about that really. But i didint event notice lol

-In the town south of the Lake of Rage, the fake shop sells "Slowpoketails" for 400(whatever the currency is), and the description and image of the item is a green shard.

LaZ: I need to do the item descriptions and the key items.

-On the route to the left of Ecruteke, I headbutted a tree on the bottom of the route and it froze the game.

LaZ: I fixed that already.

-The Pokemon center right before the enterance to Union Cave is glitchy. (you have to walk a certain way in order to exit it. It's hard to explain)

LaZ: Well it seems to be fine for me.

-In the department store you can walk in the black areas on the side.

LaZ: I fix that already.

Despite all this, this is still the best Crystal remake I've played. :)

Thanks dude.

I don't agree on this one. One thing that's always sucked in these games is the trainers are too incredibly easy. I think it's a nice change of pace.

i aggree. thats why i added the potions.

that is bad.

the rest is good.
    Doesnt anyone get tired of waiting a day to get a pokeball?

And to Link, what you should do is set it up in trade format.

Like trade Black Apricot to Kurt for whatever ball it corresponds to

just a suggestion

maybe. although i prefer him making them :p

1) you know after you fight winnie, and then u keep goign up and just before the building to the park, there's a patch of grass to the right. I caught mine there. It was like that in GSC too.

2) They evolve when they hit a level.

I wanna ask if someone can upload and post/pm a link with a working version with tms and hms available, because my patched version does not have tms and I also crash at red garados.

well what do you mean no tms?

Well er guys, i'm beta testing for a while.
    I'm gonna say that you guys will LOVE beta 2 :)
    it needs work still but it's awesome never the less.

yep. it still needs some work :P

update: dudes. now is the time to break some news to everyone. this is going to have an extedned story after reds battle. the orange islands will be put in. its not going to follow the anime but there will be 5 islands with the names from the anime and a few similatirties.

We decided to add this a while ago but it wasnt 100% decided until last night which is why we didnt say anything. The reason im saying now is becuase im going to include a bit in the beta 2. as a sample. there is a gernal idea for a plot but most if it were just going to wing it :D.

hopfully it will turn out good.
    link

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • Extending the story actually sounds like a brilliant idea, Also am i Correct in assuming that trainers in these new areas will be round the same level as Red? Or is Red still going to be the games most powerful trainer?

Anyways Good luck with this and I hope it works out

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    hey link, about Kurt finishing custom pokeballs, maybe you can add on his script where it'll check how many steps the PLAYER already had, like, 500 steps until one custom pokeball is ready for you to get?

not sure, but just expressing an idea. :\

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    When I say no tms, it's when I obtain a tm and I check my tm bag, I only have hms in there and the tms disappear.

linkandzelda

Years
  • Extending the story actually sounds like a brilliant idea, Also am i Correct in assuming that trainers in these new areas will be round the same level as Red? Or is Red still going to be the games most powerful trainer?

Anyways Good luck with this and I hope it works out

Well ther trainers will be from around level 50-65 pokes. red is not the most powerfulest. theres another person. who will be the final trainer and the final battle. maybe you can guess xD

hey link, about Kurt finishing custom pokeballs, maybe you can add on his script where it'll check how many steps the PLAYER already had, like, 500 steps until one custom pokeball is ready for you to get?

not sure, but just expressing an idea. :\

great idea. that was the orginal idea ihad and the same in SG (i think) but it intereferes with the berry tree scripts as they use the same method.

When I say no tms, it's when I obtain a tm and I check my tm bag, I only have hms in there and the tms disappear.

hmm. well all i can say is its probably a bad rom you patched onto. or a bad patch. try getting another FR rom from somewhere else and try patching again.

update: i finished beta testing the main story up till reds battle. im in the process of testing all the secret parts where you get items ad stuff.

another thing. i dont know if anyone went into the house on route 35. theres a guy in there who hides around places and you have to find him and he gives you stuff. his orginal purpose was that after you find him 16 times (a hiding place is availble after each gym like the trick master idea) then he moves to celadon game corner which becomes open again as its shut in beta 1. (an excuse for not having to do it for beta 1 lol) i quite like the idea that its looked and you have to do his game to unlock it. but im going to remove the game as its too buggy and keeps bugging up all the time. if people like the game enough then i'll fix it up and keep it. if not then its going to go.

would it be considered a spoiler to tell people the story idea for the exended part?

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Is it you LaZ ? :P

That game sounds a good one, I'd say keep it :)

And no just like any more of the storyline, keep it under wraps, I stopped playing it a little while into it cause I had little time and didn't want to use it on a buggy version lol, hope to see the final version :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back