• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Lodestone

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Nother gym(ish) card.

Years
  • Lordpenguin said:
    Yes, but I don't want to remove it out of repect for the artist.
    i Mean on the actual image it has "Houndoom" wriiten on the picture.

Imakuni's Natu doesn't look so good on a non-imakuni blank, but i still like it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Imukani's Natu lol

In my opinion you should have used an imaki blank instead of classic gym

otherwise it very good :)

Oh btw isn't there supposed to be -30 on the resistances?? I'm unsure but i

think the old ones had them too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Imukani's Natu lol

In my opinion you should have used an imaki blank instead of classic gym

otherwise it very good :)

Oh btw isn't there supposed to be -30 on the resistances?? I'm unsure but i

think the old ones had them too.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Blennix, that's what I meant. I don't presume to be a good enough artist to remove/change the art!

NeoRyder, yes, old resistances had -30 after them. But, I personally don't see the point. It doesn't say "x2" after the weakness does it? This way, I can add mulitple resistances (like more modern cards) if I see the need.

On the Imakuni blanks, well, i wanted to make an Imakuni car, but still link it visually to the rest of the set. (aren't all paper imakuni cards promos/special releases?) Using the Imakuni symbols still continues the theme of kuni cards though.

No new ones today, as i'm out after lunch :(

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    OK, my handy website for this set is up:

Click Here to visit it.

It uses PNG transparency, so if you are using IE rather than firefox, you'll get a little white border round the cards.

The HOME page doesn't contain anything yet (doh) but the CARDS page has a listing of all the cards created so far. Just click on the names to switch the image on the right.

If you get problems (you might need to enable activeX controls for that site) just post them here. I'm talkign about stuff like being too wide for your monitor, images not loading, invisible text. I have also had a strange error where the card image loads into the menu bar... If you have anything like that happen, just post it here.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Togetic= must make Togepi.
    Not may fav, but oh well.

Also updated on the website.

EDIT: I can't believe I misspelt 'order'. Thats on the cleanup list, along with a few other typos (mostly in pokdex data) and set images on the early cards.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Actually, it is, but for some reason all previous cards of it have been basic...
    I don't understand why, but the tcg got it wrong. Every reliable source I have seen says Togepi is a baby pokémon.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • No... Togepi is a Basic Pokémon... even in the games! I'm not sure if you know... but it was planned to appear wild on the route where Yanma appears!

Yes... it it a baby in therms of physical, psychological and moves/training categories, but Nintendo has made a point by saying Togetic is a Stage 1... Making Togepi a Basic, if other reasons doesn't count...

EDIT: The Name font and the HP font and a bit blurry... too much noise!

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Well, I agree that togetic dos seem very much like a stage 1, but togepi seems like a baby, with the evolves through love and all. Although I guess Chansey isn't a baby. As far as cards go, the mechanics for babies seem more relevant to togepi than basics. And the yanma thing makes no sense: could the reason it didn't appear there be that Nintendo decided no babies in the wild? I'm just saying that isn't exactly concrete proof. Even if 'Nintendo said so', well, too bad. It's not like the card game is direct translation of the game anyway.

I'm unsure as to why the title font messed up this time, i'll try re-rendering it.

Thanks for the comments!

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Aaaaanddd... Cyndaquil

I worked out why the Togepi title thing was happening. I had mistakenly typed the title and hp onto the blank's layer, where the font-blending module created a bit of alpha-blended pixelation around it. To correct it, I should instead correctly type the text onto a text layer, so the fuzzing blends with the blank not the random background.

Last edited:

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • The set is yours... leave Togepi Baby if you want...

About Cyndaquil... Art by Suta-Raito... I like this piece by her and te BG is just plain awesome!

The attack is also very cool!

What I don't like is the Flavor text... cause the flavor texts should be more like biology description...

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Not necessarily. Looking at my cards, which are mostly base, jungle and fossil, they describe anything and everything to do with the pokémon, rather like the pokédex entries.

Lordpenguin

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Hmm I did think about making it red, well done for noticing (the HP should be red as well, nobody commented yet), but I had trouble finding the 'correct' red: it always turned out so pixelated. So, for the time being, cheesy red text remains black. As for boldness, i'll fiddle with it. The program I use (paint.net) doesn't allow scalable boldness, just on or off, so I might have to find some other way.

Back