• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Lost Souls

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years

• Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Pokémon: Lost Souls takes place in the region known as Elyssia, a land of lush forests, serene lakes, and mystical ruins.
    Elyssia is said to be a place where the spirits of departed Pokémon find peace.

Characters:

Player: A young and determined Pokémon Trainer who has a unique connection with Ghost-type Pokémon.
    Professor Aria: A renowned Pokémon researcher who specializes in the study of the afterlife and ghostly phenomena.
    Team Spectral: A group of rogue scientists and cultists who believe they can harness the power of lost Pokémon souls to rule the world.
    Elder Gravemist: The wise guardian of an ancient graveyard, who knows the secrets of the lost souls and their connection to Elyssia.

Plot:

A Mysterious Connection
    The player, upon receiving their first Pokémon, discovers an unusual ability to communicate with Ghost-type Pokémon.
    Professor Aria, fascinated by this power, invites the player to her research lab.
    She explains the legend of Elyssia and the spirits of departed Pokémon that are said to reside there.

Team Spectral's Ambition
    Team Spectral, led by a charismatic and power-hungry leader, begins capturing and trapping the souls of departed Pokémon.
    Their ultimate goal is to gain control over these souls to create an unstoppable army of spectral Pokémon and take over Elyssia.

The Revelation
    The player embarks on a journey to thwart Team Spectral's sinister plans.
    Along the way, they meet Elder Gravemist, who reveals that Elyssia's guardian, a legendary Pokémon known as "Soulweaver,"
    has the power to keep the spirits of the departed Pokémon at peace. However, the guardian's power has waned.

The Compelling Twist
    As the player and their Pokémon grow stronger, they discover an ancient prophecy that reveals the existence of a rare and powerful "Soulstone."
    This stone is said to have the ability to restore Soulweaver's strength and prevent Team Spectral from capturing more souls.

The twist is that the player's actions determine the stone's location. Depending on their choices, it could be hidden deep within Elyssia's forests,
    guarded by a benevolent Legendary Pokémon, or in the possession of a reclusive group of Psychic-type trainers.

The Final Battle
    The player, armed with the Soulstone and a team of devoted Pokémon, confronts Team Spectral at their central base.
    In an epic showdown, the player must defeat the evil team and release the captured spirits of Pokémon.

The Resolution
    With Team Spectral defeated and the Soulstone returned to Soulweaver, peace is restored to Elyssia.
    The player's unique bond with Ghost-type Pokémon grows even stronger, and they continue their journey as a protector of lost souls,
    ensuring that no one will ever try to harness their power again.

The player's choices throughout the game not only determine the location of the Soulstone but also influence the fate of several characters and the relationships they build with Pokémon.
    This dynamic storyline allows for multiple endings and encourages players to explore various paths in their quest to save Elyssia.

Features:

:Fully functional Dual screen system
    :Dynamic events that affect future gameplay
    :New region
    :Roaming Pokémon dotted around the region
    :Minigames

Screenshots:

pokemon_lost_souls_by_lostsoulsdev_dgaslq1-fullview.png

Mapping Progess:

pokemon_lost_souls_progress_update__by_lostsoulsdev_ddfzlsi-fullview.jpg

Work In Progess:

menu_mock_up_by_lostsoulsdev_dgb11ln-fullview.jpg
    progress_is_happening_by_lostsoulsdev_dgbtrcz-fullview.jpg
    new_update__load_screen_by_lostsoulsdev_dgcfqku-fullview.png

Credits:

Maruno
    Poccil
    Flameguru
    Luka SJ

If I've forgotten anyone (which is very likely due to how long ago some work was) please remind me and I will add you in.

Misc:

Now I know there is a lot of work to do when it comes to refining what I have completed so far.
    99% of the tiles used are custom made, some from years ago when I was about in the community. Please do give feedback on anything you see here that you think can be improved.
    I'm always open to learning from others and still have a lot to learn.

Last edited:

carmaniac

Years
  • EYYOOO IS THAT CARMANIAC I SEE!?
    Nice thread, welcome to Games Showcase!

I don't know what you're on about 😇

It's nice to be back after all these years I'm amazed at how much things has changed.

Bit difficult getting back into using essentials as the last time I was developing was version 17. Alot of code seems really different now 😅

carmaniac

Years
  • Time for a very quick update.

I have just spent most of the day designing and coding a fully functional loadscreen.
    You're able to use both mouse and keyboard input for the command selections which are fully dynamic and change depending on what options are available.
    The little snapshot of the game in the top screen is also active, changing when the player makes a new save file.

One full screen down, many more to go before more of the gameplay aspects can be worked on.

new_update__load_screen_by_lostsoulsdev_dgcfqku-fullview.png

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Looks interesting

I'm really happy more fangames are being based on themes rather than real countries because I feel like its something TPC will never do but we can and it allows for so much possibilities

I've seen many theme based fangames but making an occult themed fangame is such an interesting concept and I've never seen anyone done this before so I have high hopes

Good luck with it can't wait to play this

carmaniac

Years

• Hello everyone who is still kicking about following the progression of Lost Souls.
    For the long time followers I preset a slight update in my progress to improve my overall spriting skills.

I've spent the last 3 days making from scratch new tiles to redesign my old maps to add the much needed life into every moment of the game. Here you can see comparision of the old map on the right VS the new map with the new tiles made up on the left.

I've still got a lot of smaller details to add in and create yet but for now I'm happy with the result so far. Any inputs are much appreciated as always, looking to improve for the better over time.

Credits to www.deviantart.com/morlock-lia… for the design of his Pokémart. I've remade it to suit the overall style of the rest of the buildings.

Mapping Update:

SnowUpdate2_1.png

Back