• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mahogany Version

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
  • Are you sure you're using the right colors?
    There are no "right colors", but I'm guessing you mean the colors from the Sugimori. If you do, then no, I am not. Almost every Pokemon's sprite has a different palette than the Sugimori does, plus I thought those colors looked mad awesome. :P

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • There are no "right colors", but I'm guessing you mean the colors from the Sugimori. If you do, then no, I am not. Almost every Pokemon's sprite has a different palette than the Sugimori does, plus I thought those colors looked mad awesome. :P
    Oh, that explains it. Good sprites you have there, and I believe you made Zoroark's bakcsprite yourself?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    oh wow, the sprites are wonderful, well there's one thing that bugs me, Zoroak's back-sprite, it just seems awkward to me...

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Yay, Gen V pokemon!
    I can't wait for the pre-beta!:D
    It shouldn't be too long until it's released, but I do still have to map a town, map a route, and script them both.

oh wow, the sprites are wonderful, well there's one thing that bugs me, Zoroak's back-sprite, it just seems awkward to me...
    Too short? This look better?
    -
    Zoroark-2.png

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This hack looks good, from what I've seen, however Zoroark's back sprite bothers me too... The fair seems to small compared with the Front Sprite. The Front Sprite makes the hair/fur on it's head look huge, and cover nearly all the back bit (especially the shoulders)... May just be me though.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    @plasmid:
    It looks better, not perfect, it's just it seems odd, I don't exactly know what it is sorry

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • This hack looks good, from what I've seen, however Zoroark's back sprite bothers me too... The fair seems to small compared with the Front Sprite. The Front Sprite makes the hair/fur on it's head look huge, and cover nearly all the back bit (especially the shoulders)... May just be me though.

@plasmid:
    It looks better, not perfect, it's just it seems odd, I don't exactly know what it is sorry
    Sorry guys, but I think it looks fine, so It'll stay that way. Thanks for the input though.

Years
  • Wow i really like this hack,are awesome ^^ really good palets and maping...i have a question...all the pokemons going to be fakemons?

lalo0101

Thanks Mulczhar for Avatar:D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    I don't think they are....

Wow i really like this hack,are awesome ^^ really good palets and maping...i have a question...all the pokemons going to be fakemons?

I don't think they are all going to be fakemon because if you look through his previous post he has some 4 gen and 5 gen Pokemon already inserted

but the hack looks really good for the part you release and the fakemon looks great hope is as or better then the part you release.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The fakemon do indeed look awesome! Especially the one replacing Butterfree! I'm glad that hacks are starting to use a few Fakemon, instead of none or too many. I think this hack will be great, as from what I am seeing, it is already going somewhere good! Plasmid, you get kudos from me! (Especially for that Fakemon... Awesomeness!)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nice, you inserted Gen. V. Just one thing; keep Zorua's original sprite that was on Bulbapedia, please. The custom front sprite looks very weird.

Other than that, good luck Jesse~

Night-Shade

Working On Pokemon Night Shade
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    no offens but that venasaur look like a tree on steroids try and thin the arms out and instead of alls try and do leaves instead

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    no offens but that venasaur look like a tree on steroids try and thin the arms out and instead of alls try and do leaves instead

Judging from it's looks, it is a Sudowoodo evolution, at a guess Rock/Fighting? The balls are to signify it's origin at a guess.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Holy shitload of comments while I was asleep.
    Wow i really like this hack,are awesome ^^ really good palets and maping...i have a question...all the pokemons going to be fakemons?
    Thanks. :) Nah, not all of 'em are Fakemon, but they'res a lot of 'em.

I like the story but fakemons suck
    no u

I don't think they are all going to be fakemon because if you look through his previous post he has some 4 gen and 5 gen Pokemon already inserted

but the hack looks really good for the part you release and the fakemon looks great hope is as or better then the part you release.
    This. And thank you, I believe.

The fakemon do indeed look awesome! Especially the one replacing Butterfree! I'm glad that hacks are starting to use a few Fakemon, instead of none or too many. I think this hack will be great, as from what I am seeing, it is already going somewhere good! Plasmid, you get kudos from me! (Especially for that Fakemon... Awesomeness!)
    Yeah, Samson is like uber at spriting Fakemon. LOL HIMAGOS EATZ UR BABIEZ. That means a lot, to hear all that praise coming from you. ^^

Nice, you inserted Gen. V. Just one thing; keep Zorua's original sprite that was on Bulbapedia, please. The custom front sprite looks very weird.

Other than that, good luck Jesse~
    LOL MIKE GONE CRAZEH. Y u be dissin teh Zorua sprite?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT BUTTERFREE D=
    herpies

LOL YA. Don't you know, that's how you evolve him. You have to get the key item "Roids" from a street dealer, and give it to him.

Judging from it's looks, it is a Sudowoodo evolution, at a guess Rock/Fighting? The balls are to signify it's origin at a guess.
    Exactly.

---

Okay, so I'm like omega sick with swine aids or something of the sort. I don't really even feel well enough to browse the internet at times, so I'm probably not going to hack much in the near future. Also, there's like this secret project I'm working on*coughsunnyshorescough*as well. So yeah, that means liek...slow progress. :P Anyways, thanks for all the comments folks!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post, but I have an update.

-
    FemaleGruntFalse-1.png

Ah, what could this be? Is it an important member of the story? Is it just some useless sprite? You tell me.

Last edited:
    Back