• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Mega Blue (Version 1.1.4)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    As much as I wanna play this but when patching this hack onto the Squirrel's baserom and converting it to cia for my 3DS I can't get it to start properly.
    When booting the ROMhack it seems to work but as soon as the starting screen should appear it goes black and you can hear disstorted music shreds every few seconds, but nothing happens otherwise.
    I really don't want to play it on PC or a phone emulator (I'm often on the move so playing on my 3DS is the main way I can play, my phone is old and I don't care for getting a new one).
    Is there a way to fix it? I would be glad for any help with this!

Years
  • Version 1.1.3 is out!
    The new update includes:
    • Roost and Assurance were removed from all Pokémon movesets to prevent crashes
    • A Black Belt that evolves your Eevee now works in the Classic Edition

For more details and download link - check the main post.

Years
  • Is anyone else having an issue with the move "Assurance"? There's a bug that happens when either a trainer's pokemon or my pokemon uses the move.
    I can confirm now that the move that's been crashing the game is Assurance. After catching a Raticate, I was able to test it out. The only Pokemon so far that caused this crash was Koffing, Weezing, Rattata, Raticate, Mankey and Primeape, all of which can learn Assurance by level-up.
    Huge thanks for reporting those bugs, Assurance and Roost are now removed from all of the Pokémon movesets
    Dear @STikER or @ANYONE ELSE WHO IS EXPERT IN TO THIS KIND OF STUFF
    can you teach me how to put this ''VERY COOL'' Fire Red Upgrade ''The one u used in this hack'' into Vanilla Fire Red
    also i'm not ''SARCASM''
    If you're taking about Leon's Rom Base, you need to apply it to your FireRed rom using Lunar IPS. Well, it was like that in the version of the rom base I used, I don't know if it was changed in subsequent releases.
    As much as I wanna play this but when patching this hack onto the Squirrel's baserom and converting it to cia for my 3DS I can't get it to start properly.
    When booting the ROMhack it seems to work but as soon as the starting screen should appear it goes black and you can hear disstorted music shreds every few seconds, but nothing happens otherwise.
    I really don't want to play it on PC or a phone emulator (I'm often on the move so playing on my 3DS is the main way I can play, my phone is old and I don't care for getting a new one).
    Is there a way to fix it? I would be glad for any help with this!
    I was trying to fix it, but all my numerous attempts were unsuccessful. It's unfortunate you can't try it out, sorry.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Thank you for replying. While it's unfortunate it won't work on the 3DS I will see if I can get some playtime in when I'm on PC in my (low) sparetime, since it does sound like a ROMhack I would enjoy and you deserve the support.
    Maybe I'll stumble upon a fix in the future! :)

Years
  • Is there Primal Reversion in Mega Blue?

Edit: Defeated the League with one Pokémon. Didn't capture ANY other Pokémon (except maybe a few).
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    Version 1.1.3 is out!
    The new update includes:
    • Roost and Assurance were removed from all Pokémon movesets to prevent crashes
    • A Black Belt that evolves your Eevee now works in the Classic Edition

For more details and download link - check the main post.

any cheats for this rom hack? :3

Years
  • Is there Primal Reversion in Mega Blue?
    Nope, as it wasn't included included in the version of Leon's Rom Base used in this hack. Mega Rayquaza is also absent, though both its and Primal Kyogre's and Primal Groudon's data is present in the rom. But there is no way to use these forms unfortunately.
    any cheats for this rom hack? :3
    You can try using regular FireRed cheats, though handful of them (wild Pokémon modifiers for example) probably won't work.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • any cheats for this rom hack? :3

They don't work, for example entering the cheat for Flareons makes the party screen becomes glitchy and the game crashes when you go catch that fennec-cat

I dunno why ALL hacks of lord Stiker lack it, cheats for Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter/Pokemon Crystal Clear work fine

You better ask lord Stiker to edit your team via saves (or maybe you can edit it yourself? I dunno)

Also not to be picky i only use the cheats for female Eevees and Gardevoirs

Last edited:
    Years
  • Two bugs:
    After capturing a Pokémon and leveling up and getting the option to remove a move for a new move, the captured Pokémon sprite reappears.
    Some icons in the Summary Screen, when checking moves, have complete black or distorted palletes (for example: Gliscor).

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    So since this rom hack doesn't allow moves past incinerate does that mean fairy type Pokémon have no stab moves?

Years
  • So since this rom hack doesn't allow moves past incinerate does that mean fairy type Pokémon have no stab moves?
    No, no, it's not like this. You see, there are far less new moves in Mega Blue, so a lot of them (including Fairy-type moves) are assigned to earlier slots than in Delta Emerald. For example, Draining Kiss is No.577 in DE, but it is, let's say (I don't remember the exact number), No.324 in MB. So when you trade a Pokémon with Draining Kiss from Delta Emerald to Mega Blue, the latter will probably crash while viewing a Pokémon summary screen as slot No.577 does not exist in the game. But when you trade a Pokémon with this move from Mega Blue to Delta Emerald, it will just turn into another move.
    I hope I explained it clearly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmm. I don't know if it's cause I'm using the speedup feature of VBA, or my old OS, orrrrrrr what? But the 'Mons cries sound all wonky and strange. Nothing huge. Not game breaking, or even annoying really. Just something I thought I should point out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2021
    Hi. My Vs Seeker is not working, it says: "No. of steps required to fully charge the battery: ???"

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    First of all, I am loving this hack, congratulations!

I'm just having some trouble with Alolan forms. I am currently on One Island and whenever I give a Thunder Stone to my Pikachu or a Leaf Stone to my Exeggcute, nothing happens. I can't seem to be able to evolve them into their Alolan forms. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    This is a great hack, however the one thing I wanted (to play with Alolan forms) is locked into the post-game. Would there be any chance to unlock a few more Alolan forms as in-game trades? Most in-game trades are already worthless, such as Nidoran, Nidorino/Nidorina, and the Cinnabar Island trades. You could easily slip Rattata, Diglett, Grimer, Sandshrew and Vulpix into those.

Any chance you'll do that for a new update? I'd love to be able to have my first run of the League with an Alolan Sandslash.

Thanks!

Years
  • This is a great hack, however the one thing I wanted (to play with Alolan forms) is locked into the post-game. Would there be any chance to unlock a few more Alolan forms as in-game trades? Most in-game trades are already worthless, such as Nidoran, Nidorino/Nidorina, and the Cinnabar Island trades. You could easily slip Rattata, Diglett, Grimer, Sandshrew and Vulpix into those.

Any chance you'll do that for a new update? I'd love to be able to have my first run of the League with an Alolan Sandslash.

Thanks!
    Hey, that's a really great idea, I wonder why I didn't think of it earlier! I'll be sure to include it in the next update.

Back