• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon MindCrystal

Would you still play Johto remake hacks, even though HeartGold/SoulSilver is coming?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    INTRO

Hi, this is my second hack. I'm doing this in honor of Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver. This is the third verison of those two like Pokemon Crystal. ;)

INFO

Hack of:
    Pokémon MindCrystal

Features

Pokémon MindCrystal
    This will be a revamp of Crystal and a devamp of HeartGold & SoulSilver. Which means it will have features from all those games.
    Pokémon MindCrystal
    Hoenn Pokemon in the Safari Zone.
    Pokémon MindCrystal
    I have my own twist on the Pokegear. Some of you may never even get a phone call!
    Pokémon MindCrystal
    Headbutt trees will return.
    Pokémon MindCrystal
    Areas from HeartGold & SoulSilver.
    Pokémon MindCrystal
    Kris's redesigned look. (Or as some people call her new look Soul/Heart)
    Pokémon MindCrystal
    Tons of little Easter Eggs!

Progress

Almost ready for the Demo.

Beta releasing plans

Demo - New Bark Town to Route 30 (Soon)
    Beta 1 - 2 Badges
    Beta 2 - 4 Badges
    Beta 3 - Cianwood
    Beta 4 - 8 Badges
    Beta 5 - Vermillion City
    Beta 6 - 14 Badges?
    Beta 7 - Mt. Silver
    Beta 8 - More Easter Eggs and Mini-Region full of Hoenn Pokemon?

NEW: Pictures
    Spoiler:

NEW: Glitches/Tile Errors

Spoiler:

Team
    Me and my brother

Help Wanted
    Title Screen Maker
    Back Sprite Maker & Inserter
    Overworld Maker

Ending Thoughts

Will people even play Johto hacks now that HeartGold & SoulSilver is on the way?
    Well thank you for coming to this thread anyway.

Copyright/Source

Okay as you all know HG/SS has been releasing sprites, and people has been posting it on this site and other sites asking for credit for it, but I want to say that all of my sprites have been ripped by me. I have in no way taken work from any of the people on this or other websites.

Last edited:

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Another one?
    I might play this one, if I have time, but seeing as HG/SS is coming out soon, I might skip it, because Nintendo itself is making a new one.
    Good luck with the hack. Will the Easter Eggs be major or minor?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Another one?
    I might play this one, if I have time, but seeing as HG/SS is coming out soon, I might skip it, because Nintendo itself is making a new one.
    Good luck with the hack. Will the Easter Eggs be major or minor?

Well one of them is were you find out where Giovanni is hiding, and another is where you see Jessie, James, and Meowth. You'll also see me several times. :)

Cool, I love GSC remakes, it's something to play whilst we wait for HG/SS :)

Thank you. I was afraid that no one would play Johto remakes now that HG/SS is coming out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    Hm...it looks good...but is it? I think you should change the trees, as much as you revamp the trees from G/S/C They'll never look as good as the original gen 3 trees.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Hm...it looks good...but is it? I think you should change the trees, as much as you revamp the trees from G/S/C They'll never look as good as the original gen 3 trees.

This was originally just suppose to be an IPS for anyone who want to use revamped Johto tiles, but then I decided to make it a hack instead.

Kamtari

The Zianator
    Years
    I could perhaps sprite you a new berry tree that'll look like that but gen III. I'm a rookie spriter so I can only do little tidbits.

Great title by the way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I could perhaps sprite you a new berry tree that'll look like that but gen III. I'm a rookie spriter so I can only do little tidbits.

Great title by the way.

Well then let's see it.

Also adding a copyright/sources section. To remove confusion since people are adding Hg/Ss sprites to this site, and I have some in this hack.

Okay everyone. I have a release date for the demo. The demo will come out in about one or two weeks!!!!

I also have some new pictures of Cherrygrove.
    Pokémon MindCrystal
    Pokémon MindCrystal

I have also been receiving PMs from some saying "Your hack looks real good!". Normally I would feel honored, but the twist is she finished in saying this "Would you like to join this forum ...". No I will not join any more forums beside just PC and Sppf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamtari

The Zianator
    Years
    ^Lulz.

Anyway I'll get the berry tree done as soon as possible.

By the way, your wooden sign in those pics seem to be missing a couple of pixels.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    ^Lulz.

Anyway I'll get the berry tree done as soon as possible.

By the way, your wooden sign in those pics seem to be missing a couple of pixels.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the berry tree. Those signs were my brothers invention; he wanted it to look like it was broken a bit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    This game seems fun mabye could I help with some of the wild pokemon apperances
    (like lugia) Things like that

Okay, I'm not good at scripting legendary encounters, but I'm not that far. When I get a bit farther I might want your help.

Years
    Ok When you need me Just say so.

Oh and I could help with adding sinnoh pokemon (if you're going to have some.)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Some new Screenshots.

Pokémon MindCrystal

This is your rival's sprite, and as you can see when you first encounter him his title is Teenager. When you see me my title will be Teenager as well.

Pokémon MindCrystal

I changed the default name options for the rival.

Pokémon MindCrystal

Nothing that important, but I wanted to show it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Umm My sister wants to know if anything is avaible
    and how do you change the default names?

You mean like a demo? If so, then soon. Also you have to press search on advance text, and type in something like GREEN. Save it to INI, and then just change it as if it is normal text.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back