• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Mint Fantasy [Demo Released!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
I see we get 18 starters, may I ask which ones?
I like what I've played so far and I'm specially interested in the fact we're able to have skills like lock-picking and archaeology, the only thing I don't like is the soundtrack. I get it that its supposed to be retro but its too high-pitched and noisy to be enjoyable. The battle theme in special sounds like someone let a cat stroll on top of a keyboard, recorded it and added it to the game. Have mercy on my ears!

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I see we get 18 starters, may I ask which ones?
I like what I've played so far and I'm specially interested in the fact we're able to have skills like lock-picking and archaeology, the only thing I don't like is the soundtrack. I get it that its supposed to be retro but its too high-pitched and noisy to be enjoyable. The battle theme in special sounds like someone let a cat stroll on top of a keyboard, recorded it and added it to the game. Have mercy on my ears!

There's all of the starters from gens 1-5, then a couple random ones I've added. As far as balance goes it's a bit all over the place at the beginning, so you might need to grind on wild Pokemon depending on what you get.

Honestly the soundtrack is not something I particularly care about much as I play the game with BGMs turned off anyway. I'm sorry you dislike it. If you want to disable the BGM tracks, press F1 and uncheck the box that says so.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 6, 2017
I found this through your "Gold Engine" thread-- And your game seems amazing. There are so few good Pokemon G/S/C ROMhacks/fangames, and this (along with Prism) seems like one of them. Really excited for it. I'm also really interested in that stripped down version you're talking about-- I've been wanting to create a short G/S/C mission/quests based game but lack the coding/gamemaking experience or time to really start from fresh.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Beta 1 was lots of fun. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this. Saw a few bugs here and there but don't think it was anything that wasn't already reported.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I'm still alive! Thank you all for being patient with this game, I am nearly out of school now, and that means stable internet as well as access to my desktop once more. In the meantime, I have put a lot of work into the game, so here's some screenshots just covering the tip of the iceberg of what's to come in Beta 2, which will run up all the way to the Elite Four, leaving the postgame for Beta 3!

AAWMm8p.png

The mapping in Trujon is about complete, lots of eventing and PBS script editing to still be done, though. The game is currently completely playable up to the 6th gym.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
The game can now be played all the way up to the credits! Just need to add trainers, encounters, and some sidequests to give players incentive to do more than the main quest :)

I would still like Lockpicking to find its way into this release, but I am not sure quite yet. The old formula on the first page is a bit iffy, and reading it 3 years later after writing it up is confusing. The LOCKPICK item itself is already in the game, but it is currently as useless as the SPADE and the AXE, since I have removed Woodcutting, and treasure hunting isn't even in the game until both TRUJON and KALOS have been explored (maps are sold on the Geltian island, post collection of 50 Geltian Manuscripts).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Just curious but are the PCs in the pokemon center glitched? I can't use them for whatever reason.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Love what you have done so far looking forward to the full game soon. Question is diance now the mascot of this game as it shows in you signature?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Just wanna say first off, I really like how you've blended the old and the new so well with this game. I'm having an issue with Beta 2 though, it recognizes that my save file is there but as soon as I try to start, I get a script issue message and it closes the game. I'm not as tech-savvy as I'd like to be, but I downloaded it straight from the thread and extracted it in my game folder just like I have with many others and haven't any problems. Could anyone tell me where I went wrong or how to fix it please? I'd really like to see the rest of the progress on this game.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
This is an amazing game. Just started playing it again. It's too bad most things gen 2 related never get the attention it deserves, especially rpg makers. some people look at the graphics and get turned off but I love how retro it is. It has the old look but all the updated mechanics. Anyways good luck on this if you're still working on it. I'm sure you probably have lots going on irl or something. Been a while since you've posted on thread.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
Hi I just found your link a few minutes ago and read through the comments. Your hack sounds amazing! Just like one of the comments earlier it's cool seeing a clash of the new Pokemon in an old format. Cant wait to see the finished product :)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
This is an amazing game. Just started playing it again. It's too bad most things gen 2 related never get the attention it deserves, especially rpg makers. some people look at the graphics and get turned off but I love how retro it is. It has the old look but all the updated mechanics. Anyways good luck on this if you're still working on it. I'm sure you probably have lots going on irl or something. Been a while since you've posted on thread.

Haha, this is an understatement. A lot is going on for me right now, huge setback in the game, with a loss of a hard drive and about half the game's progress. There's a lot going on IRL for me as well and honestly I don't see myself pulling through and finishing this on RPG Maker. From one point if I work on it again I can fix all the poor plot points and maps I made towards the end, as I began losing creativity as I got closer and closer to the Elite Four. Hopefully I can dig out my trainer sprites from deviantart or dropbox or somewhere because I truly lost a LOT of data.

Sorry for the news people, but I will let you all know I am not labelling this game as cancelled as of this moment.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 6, 2017
A perfect example of why backing things up is so important. I'm not judging you for what happened, but I hope you've learned your lesson and will never make the mistake of not backing up your stuff again. Considering it's so cheap and easy to do nowadays, it's a really bad idea not to back things up.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 31, 2018
I love the 2nd Generation of Pokemon. I might play this one.

Back