• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 3 Speculation

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    ...First we were lame rescurers.
    Then we were pirates explorers.

..What next?
    Space explorers?
    Zombie space pirates?

Pirates.
    That would be awesome.

But really,what could we be that would make sense,and how will we still be good guys..?
    I can't think of anything..

Pirates :)
    Good pirates.

Funny that you mentioned that; my friend on DeviantArt has already jumped on this idea. I for one, think that a pirate storyline would be epic and would fit pokemon rather well. They wouldn't have any character shortage issues either since water pokemon are the greatest majority that make up the types.

https://little-wolf-kid.deviantart.com/gallery/#Explorers-of-the-Sea

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Riolu is in- Good. Eevee is in- Good. Vulpix is in- good. Everyone else who's in... sucks. But at least we get to know what happens to Grovyle after he went back into the future. Something about him and Sableye having a talk, maybe going back through time. Yeah, I think the same thing will happen. This time, Dusknoir steals the time gears and stops time to make Dialga get Primal all over pokemon everywhere, blah blah blah.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    the new starters are:
    vulpix
    riolu
    shinx
    eevee
    phanpy
    althogh they removed 2 of the pevious starters

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    Stories:

You will find out what happened to Grovyle the thief.
    You will see how wigglytuff guild came together.
    Play as guild members outside of your own charter and your partner (im not sure of it if this is true)

Treasure town is a bit changed.

You will see bidoofs family

Playable pokemons:
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Pikachu
    Vulpix
    Eevee
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Phanphy
    Treecko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Skitty
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    Shinx
    Riolu

Partners:
    All from the list above and Munchlax and Meoth

Game will getting released in Japan at 2009 Spring

Thats all i know getting informed by Serebii

maybe some of this information is already mentioned by others..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, but Serebii does (occasionally) post hoaxes. So, we can't always trust them. But another site did say about more information, the ability to play as others, seeing what happened to Grovyle, and why can't you transfer your old team there to make Grovyle have a partner again?
    Actually, there is more to the story, by what I understood. Oddly enough, the future will not change, and Grovyle is captured by Dusknoir. But, after a talk with a Sableye, he breaks out with the Sableye's help and goes back to the present. During that time, a new team has arrived and found that Grovyle is stealing Time Gears again and decide to stop him, even though the rest aren't worried. After an epic battle with Grovyle (again), you find out that he is doing this again for the help of time. But, Dusknoir comes back to stop Grovyle and makes your team think that he just lied to you and the rest fell for his lie as well. He says that "he is your partner" just to trick you, and you fall for it. Meanwhile, Grovyle already has 5 Time Gears (again) and Dusknoir captures him and sends you with him to the future, where a Giratina took over and engulfed the world with darkness with Darkrai.

Yeah, I just made it up, but it still makes somewhat sense. Everything in italic may not be true, everything else is.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Yeah, but Serebii does (occasionally) post hoaxes. So, we can't always trust them. But another site did say about more information, the ability to play as others, seeing what happened to Grovyle, and why can't you transfer your old team there to make Grovyle have a partner again?
    Actually, there is more to the story, by what I understood. Oddly enough, the future will not change, and Grovyle is captured by Dusknoir. But, after a talk with a Sableye, he breaks out with the Sableye's help and goes back to the present. During that time, a new team has arrived and found that Grovyle is stealing Time Gears again and decide to stop him, even though the rest aren't worried. After an epic battle with Grovyle (again), you find out that he is doing this again for the help of time. But, Dusknoir comes back to stop Grovyle and makes your team think that he just lied to you and the rest fell for his lie as well. He says that "he is your partner" just to trick you, and you fall for it. Meanwhile, Grovyle already has 5 Time Gears (again) and Dusknoir captures him and sends you with him to the future, where a Giratina took over and engulfed the world with darkness with Darkrai.

Yeah, I just made it up, but it still makes somewhat sense. Everything in italic may not be true, everything else is.

yea, but that would just be a basic repeat of what as already happened showing that nintendo really is running out of ideas. Seeing as this time their trying to continue the story rather then making a new one. However i think this might be just a big hoax, there's just something about it that doesn't seem right.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I'm both happy and not so happy about things. I love the starters they decided to include but doing the game as an extension on the storyline of PMD 2 doesn't work for me...I really hope it has more difference in the storyline than I expect.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    No, I just took ideas from the past games for that story. But, Nintendo is getting to be so bad that Microsoft and SONY are laughing at their antics. Really? The biggest hardcore game for Wii to come out next is... Pikmin. People love the Wii and love their minimal hardcore games, and Nintendo listened. They got Wii Music. What? That's not hardcore. Like that little rant about Nintendo (even though I grew up with them since I was 7), they really do lose ideas. That's my story idea, I just make it up as I go while playing PMD2. They better have some good twist and a good reason why is the future the same.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I just looked at the screenshots, and it seems that Grovyle and Dusknoir was actually working together. Though, I hoped for a new story though. D:

RandomBlues

Pokemon and Keroro Gunso=<3
    Years
    I don't really like Riolu, but since Lucario became popular just because of a movie, he just became a starter for the new game. I decided to make a PMD webcomic once The Spriters Resource get Skymin sprites, once it came out.
    Bidoof's family is just a bunch of BEEDOOFS. There should be Bibareals or something.
    Rescuers are boring.
    Explorers,outlaw catchers, rescuers seems better.
    Explorers adnd the same two again, into the future, and exploring the amazing sky for Skymin sounds good. Since it mentioned Sky, obviously Skymin will be in it.

RandomBlues

Years
    Eh. Ralts is also a fine starter, despite the fact that I'll definitely try to get a male one(not for being a tomboy, I find male main charas normal)and evolve him into a Gallade.
    Too bad Riolu takes most of the popular pokemon space, I don't get the idea what's so good about a dog. Cubone is a nice starter, too bad he fell out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    What the crap Phanpy?
    Vulpix? DUDE WUT.
    The only thing they did right was add Eevee. I like Riolu, but everyone and their mother is gonna want to play as Riolu and it's going to get very old very fast.

But of course I'm just being sore because I really wanted Ralts as a starter. Preferably over Riolu.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    They could have easily made a tweak to its moveset so it'd know confusion.
    :/ But meh. At least there's Eevee.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm satified because RIOLU is now going to be a starter in PMD3...lol

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    i think the reason of not adding ralts: on level 5 it only knows growl
    Cubone only had Growl and Tail whip at the beginning, I don't see why Ralts would get different treatment.

I think that Vulpix will be the female only starter and Phanphy will be the male one. Just a hunch there.

RandomBlues

Years
    I think the reason I like Phanpy(somewhat) is because of my old Phanpy Plushie, and the reason I don't really like Riolu is because I am not too fond of dogs and his feet and how popular his evo form is just because of a movie ALSO especially for Mew and the Regis.
    Arceus should be in it, since, they don't have to created another game just for Arceus.
    Ralts get Confusion on level 6, as I've known when playing with my Sapphire.

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
    Meh... I'm pretty sure I'm just going to recreate my team from PMD2 with me being Pikachu and my partner Piplup. Yes, I know that that's not original at all but it does kind of make sense since this is a continuation game after all.

Oh, and I doubt that Nintendo is going to lack in creativity in the storyline. I know that they'll add several twists to the plotline once again. :)

Back