• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Chronicles of the Rod (Part One, Currently Open) [12-13*]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Skype overheard the conversation Salamance and dirtfeast were having. As soon as he heard the name "Weavile" He thought..

"Weavile?! Is this "Weavile" the same one from the wanted posters?! No... No... There's lots of Weaviles in the world, The chances of this particular one being the wanted thief are really slim... but... He hasen't come back yet... What if he's looking for supplies to steal before we set off? I don't wanna be a fugitive!"

Skype's head was literally spinning around while thinking about this.

"Just don't think about it.. As long as he doesn't touch this scarf I won't have any problems with that guy..." He thought to himself.

Skype's scarf was an invaluable treasure to him, While it looks like a regular blue scarf, It was secretly the rare "fast scarf" which made him faster then the average porygon. However, he didn't want to tell anybody about its real ability, What with all of the crimes going on, He wouldn't be trusting anybody else with it for awhile, Especially weavile.

After calming down, Skype grabbed onto his head and put it into place, It was already embarrassing enough being watched while your thoughts go crazy.

"I still remember when I got this scarf... It was back when I did some solo traveling."

Skype held onto the end of his scarf as he had his flashback.

"While I was traveling on the road, There was a traveling salesman going past me, As soon as he glanced at me, The salesman wanted to show his wares. This guy was wearing a very dark robe and hood, So I had no idea what species that pokemon was. He showed me some very interesting stuff, I was surprised on how much rare items this pokemon obtained, He must have been a very skilled explorer."

Skype continued thinking, "When he showed me the blue scarf, I immediately bought it, The salesman, however, questioned me and told me that it was only a plain blue scarf, and it wouldn't be useful to me, besides standing out. At first, That's what I thought as well, As soon as I wore the scarf though, I noticed a change in my average speed, After that, I learned that the cheap blue scarf I bought for only a little bit of money, Was actually the rare "Fast scarf". Surely, If that salesman knew it was something this rare, He'd sell it for an even higher price, so I wouldn't be able to afford it, But looks like luck was on my side after all..."

Skype's train of thought was immediately put to a halt when he heard and saw wailord in the distance.

"Finally!" Skype said out loud. It was only a matter of time before they set sail to blizzard island!

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    While Jake was looking out at the sea, he thought about how far he's gone in his past 8 years as an explorer. "It really has been a long time, Nothing has been the same since I lost my trainer so many years ago. The first few years were tough, but I got stronger every day, I wonder what he would think of me if he were still alive." Just then, he saw really huge pokemon on the horizon that was rapidly approaching. "Finally, that Wailord is here! Ive been waiting forever for him to appear. Alright it's time, hopefully this mission will go smoothly."

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Glenn looked around in confusion, his paws sweating and his fur standing on end. "Where am I?" Asked Glenn to himself, looking at the unusual archetecture that surrounded him.

Suddenly two Magnezone rushed by Glenn before shooting lightning at a cloaked target, however, it was dodged as the figure jumped up. The figure looked at the Magnezone before landing on the ground. The two magnet pokemon tried to rush at the cloaked figure, but it just lept at them before using Iron Tail, cutting through them, ending their lives. "Whoa!" Exclaimed Glenn as he got ready to fight, but the cloaked figure simply looked around before running at Glenn. The Raichu got ready to fight, but was surprised when the cloaked fighre passed through him.

"What just happened?" Asked Glenn to himself before following the cloaked figure. He made sure that the figure couldn't hear him, so he kept on his tail. Eventually the figure stopped at a doorway. The cloaked person walked in and a simple flash let Glenn know what just happened, surprising him greatly.

(???)

"Ah!" Exclaimed Glenn as he hit his head on the wall. "Wh- what? I-it was just a dream?"

Megaman765

Years
    Skype noticed the Raichu wake up yelling, So he went over to see what happened.

"Hey are you alright? You dozed off a minute there and woke up screaming." Skype said with concern.

He offered his hand to the raichu and said "My names skype. And yours?"

Skype was pretty nervous offering a handshake to someone he just met. The last time he did this with somebody, they gave skype a weird look and backed away slowly running for the hills. Maybe it would be different this time.

Cid

Years
    I hope this is still open, since this RP is interesting.
    Just came from...inactivity...so I apologize if I won't be here often.
    (so you could do whatever decent thing that you wish to my character when I'm not around)
    BTW, it's my first time joining an RP.

Name: Arc

Po
    kémon: Riolu

Level: 42

Description:
    Arc is slightly taller than normal Riolu, and he can be seen to have a slightly heavier build. His fur is of a darker shade than normal, and his eyes have a bluish tint. Arc has a yellow collar like most Riolu, bumps on the backs of his forepaws sharper than normal, a tail with its end having gray fur, a scruff of hair atop its head, and legs, torso and "mask" that are unusually gray. He has an innate ability of using Crunch, a result from his father being a Mightyena. Lastly, he wears a Mobile Scarf, one that enables him to walk through solid obstacles, though he rarely uses its ability.

Other:
    Personality: Arc is a loner, even at a young age. He's incredibly serious, withdrawn, lacks trust on other people and hasn't evolved...most likely due to his lack of happiness. Despite being the aforementioned, he can be respectful, humble, thoughtful and nice to those he begin to trust.

A trait he inherited from his father is that he can be provoked and angered easily, even when he tries to control his emotions. This initially made him hate his heritage, though he tries to learn how to use it as his advantage. He had a tendency to be extremely wild of emotion at times, remembering how it felt to be discriminated by his kind (the Riolu, Lucario, Poochyena and Mightyena alike). He can also be excessively proud, be rivals with Pokemon he honestly respects, and tends to be a bit of a show-off, not having much attention from anyone.

Still, Arc keeps to himself most of the time, thinking. He aims to finally evolve into a Lucario like his uncle, and tries to be as noble as his uncle was. He occasionally lacks enthusiasm for being an explorer, yet still continues on to prove himself, gain experience and finally be at peace with his heritage.

History: Arc had no siblings, his mother died when he wasn't even a year old, and his father went away soon after. He was left in the care of his uncle --a shiny Lucario, who lived on top of an icy mountain, and was known as a great and noble hero.
    He raised and trained Arc quite fatherly until they were attacked while training, killing his uncle. He grew alone without guidance for the rest of his life (up to now, at least, resulting into his current personality), but continued his training on his own. Arc wanted to prove himself worthy to be trained by someone as great as his uncle. Learning that he could do so as a member of an exploration team, he strives to gain honor and experience.

Moveset:
    Offensive:
    Endure, Ice Punch, Reversal, Crunch+1
    Passive: Swords Dance

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    ((Bleh, I was so caught up earlier with stuff I didn't have any time to do this. Sorry, I think I even broke my own post guidelines! ^_^*
    Also, Enishi accepted! ))

Dirtfeast spotted Darkie standing near the Kecleon Stand. He was eying a dark-colored TM. The shopkeeper was fast asleep (though it was hard to tell from his sun glasses), and there was no body nearby. He was about to snatch it when Dirtfeast came up to him and shouted, "Hey um, Darkie, the boss wants you! We're going now!"

! ! ! ! ! !

Darkalley quickly retracted his arm right before Two-K woke up.
    The Weavile muttered something under his breath, and backed away. Best not look any shadier...Darned pile of muck. He thought to himself.

"Fine, if that overgrown Bag-head wants me, I'll come. I've also got some recruits. They should be on their way any moment."

Darkalley took out a piece of paper, and stared at it briefly before tearing it to a countless amount of shreds.

Dirtfeast was too absent-minded to notice, and he just nodded. "Oh, okay. Lets go then!"

The two went off, heading towards to docks.

~~

Chapter 2: Blizzard Island

The ship had finally made it to shore. After setting anchor, the team went onto the beach. It was cold, with small flakes of silvery-white dust falling ever so lightly onto the ground. Where the water met with the land was the only place where the sand was viable, and everything else was covered in snow. A slight breeze blew, chilling Tori.

"All right everyone, uhh, I suppose we umm, arrange in groups of four?"

She was not used to commanding so many pokémon at once. She felt overwhelmed, and despite the weather, was beginging to sweat with stress. Luckily, Minkel pitched in to lead.

"Group one shall be composed of Clare, Bruce, Bambi, and Rehoma. Group two shall be made up of Tori, Nogab, Quilbert, and Shadow. I shall adventure by myself, but fear not, for you nead not do more then shout "Shrosh!" to call me. Take as long as you wish, and report back to me when you're ready. Once both groups are ready for exploring, we shall be off! Be aware though, these lands are full of dozens of hostile Pokémon, some even gone feral. Stay on guard, and do not assume for a minute anyone you spot is freindly. That is all."

After that speach, Minkel walked up near a path, and stood near it. The exploration was about to start!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Glenn looked at a Porygon who had come up to him. He then saw the Porygon hold out its hand, as if to shake it. "What? Oh, it was a dream." Said Glenn, shaking his head clear. He looked back at the Porygon before shaking its hand. "Hi, I'm Glenn... nice to meet you. You said your name was Skype?"

"Well, it's nice to meet you. Anyway, I'm going to wander around town for now. Get a good glimpse of the area so I'm not totally lost after today." Said Glenn before walking away. As he toured the town, he was able to pick out some key locations, so he wouldn't be as lost, however, all these locations were located fairly close to the dock, so he didn't get to really see much of the town. "Well, soon I will go on a mission, I hope." Said Glenn as he began to walk back towards the docks. "I just hope that person in my dream isn't who I think it is..."

Megaman765

Years
    "Well at least he seemed nice enough" Skype said to himself. He really couldn't tell if he was going to wander around town to get away from skype, Or to actually familiarize himself with the place. Either way, At least skype wasn't a total stranger now.

As wailord came closer to the shore, Skype thought about the conditions of blizzard island. If their leader is a dragon Pokemon, that would give him a big disadvantage. As much as skype didn't like salamance, He was worried at the same time. So he went to ask salamance how he plans to last in an icy climate.

"Excuse me, Salamance? Or sir, Whatever you prefer to be called, Your aware that we're going to an island of ice right? Meaning there could be hostile Ice pokemon there as well. I'm sure your pretty fearless yourself, But how do you plan to survive in those conditions?"

Skype was shaking just asking salamance this, And now he just needed an answer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Bruce turned to his teammates. he'd been silent most of the journey, training most of the way. He said to his teammates
    "i beleive we should be off, and begin our explorations"

Niprop

Years
    Salamence was still waiting. Wailord was still a long way from the dock, but he was nearing it, slowly but surely. Even when he's in our sight, it STILL takes that dumb tub of fat a long time just to get to the docks, and that Slowpoke of a ride is going to take my pawns to the island. Grr, it'll probably take him a year at this pace! And where the heck is Darkalley?

He found himself amused when the Raichu...Glenn was it? Suddently woke up, startled. The Polygon or whatever it was called went up to Glenn, the two had a conversation, and then Glenn went off for something. Pff, at this rate, he'll have plenty of time to scurry about the Square as he pleases.
    Skype the floated up to Salamence and asked him in a his grating, unatural voice, "Excuse me, Salamance? Or sir, Whatever you prefer to be called, Your aware that we're going to an island of ice right? Meaning there could be hostile Ice pokemon there as well. I'm sure your pretty fearless yourself, But how do you plan to survive in those conditions?"

Salamence just grunted, aimed his mouth at a rock, and let out an intense jet of flames. The rock heated up until it was red hot, and then it melted a little.

Darkalley and Dirtfeast headed back to the area.

"I'm here now, are we going to leave or what?"

Salamence glared. A part of him wanted to gleefully loose his Flamethrower on that darned Weavile, yet he needed him for guiding purposes. "We'll be leaving ANY moment now... ... ..."

Already impatient, Salamence was losing what little restraint he had left in him.

Cid

Years
    ((Sorry for being late...and for this lame post...))

"You dropped this, miss," Arc said as he picked up an apple and gave it to a Vulpix who dropped it. The latter nodded shyly, took the apple, and went away without a word.

He was at town. From far away, Arc can sense a surge of angered aura. This came from the docks, and he immediately remembered that he had to be there at that time. That Weavile, who recently recruited him, told him that. He looked around and ran towards his destination.

It felt odd for him to have a new purpose. When that Weavile obliviously accepted his application, Arc felt that his life was finally got out of its static state. He had no experience of working with other people, but he felt that he would be able to achieve great things if he quit working alone and started to join a team. He was sure to get a lot of experience in Blizzard Island, maybe even evolve into a Lucario there.

He remembered another thing. He was informed that his new boss, a Salamence, was not to be angered. He had no idea on how his boss might react when he gets there late. He hoped that he wouldn't get to a fight with anyone in Team Drudger anytime soon.

"This guy needs to cool off some..." Arc said to himself as he saw an impatient Salamence, along with a few other Pokemon, waiting. The Weavile that recruited him earlier was coming in, along with a Grimer. Arc was approaching right behing the two.

"I'm here now, are we going to leave or what?" the Weavile, whom Arc remembered to be named Darkalley, said, then noticing that someone was still missing.

"We'll be leaving ANY moment now... ... ..." Salamence said as he glared at the two, impatience evident in his voice.

The Wailord was nearing the docks. Arc pondered on how he could ever be reconciled, because he's definitely not getting a good first impression. He then thought...that he should just let the Salamence do whatever he wants to do to him as punishment. He then caught Salamence's attention as he approached the crowd.

"Sorry I'm late," Arc said to Salamence as he neared the crowd, hoping for even the slightest consideration from his boss, while at the same time, preparing for whatever he might do.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    "Right. Should have guessed" Skype said. He probably never should have asked. For whatever reason salamance didn't like Skype. His temper is probably hotter then his flamethrower. It could be more then enough to burn through the island.

Skype was really tempted to chuckle at the thought, but It would probably be safe to distance himself from salamance first. That plan went to a halt though as soon as he saw a riolu walk up to salamance.

"One of the recruits?" Skype said to himself. It would probably be safe to stick around a bit just in case. Besides, The more members he knew, the better.

Cid

Years
    Hey, at least I got here before the Wailord.

Arc glanced at the aquatic blimp that was swimming to the shore in a slow pace. Even if he was the latest recruit to come, he shouldn't be considered late...for their ride is still nearing them in a pace slower than a Munchlax on his back. The Riolu hoped that Salamence, despite his fury, would get that.

He looked at the other Pokemon. Darkalley, the Grimer and the Sableye did not care to give back his glance. Some of the other Pokemon, however, seemed to look at him with slight curiosity.

Fellow recruits, I presume.

A Porygon-Z, a Kirlia, a Charizard, a Raichu and an Arcanine. He'd never really seen these Pokemon before, and they all were tougher than he expected. He hoped that he wouldn't be considered the weakest by his boss, however true it might be.

He was still in front of Salamence, and awaited for both a response and the arrival of their ride.

When are we getting to Blizzard Island?

((Yeah, pretty short. Still, it would keep this RP alive.))

Deadly_Plague_11

N00B R0M H4K3R
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    ((sorry im late on signing up but i joined today and i really want to be a part of this so here's my guys bio))

Name:
    2Ton
    pokemon: Swampert
    disc.: an avrege dark red swampert who is verry mysterious and dosent know who he is
    moves: spike, earthquake+1, hydro pump, and mud sport
    LvL: 50
    ((plz let me join!!!))

Cid

Years
    ((You know, Deadly_Plague_11, if you try to...er...edit and revise your character's profile a bit by reading THIS thread, and as Proddit said, follow the form on the first page, then you might get a bigger chance of being accepted. :\

Moving on...))

Arc noticed that the Arcanine was walking towards him.

"Nothing seems powerful about you.." he told the Riolu, seeming as if he was saying his thoughts out loud.

There we go. A punch in the face right there. I've thought about the boss thinking that I would be the weakest, but this is ridiculous. Wait, what am I thinking? I should calm down...because I do look weaker than I am at a glance. It's always been like that...

"*Ahem* Sorry about that," he immediately added. "Never judge a book by it's cover, Eh?"

He looked at the Arcanine as the Fire-type Pokemon let out a small laugh. "Well, what's so special about you then, despite the aura reading stuff of course?"

Arc was still deep in thought as the Arcanine asked his question.

He definitely has a point. I have to establish my mark. I know that I can prove myself if I would take on that Grimer there...or maybe even Darkalley, and win. But, then again, why should I?

Riolu momentarily stopped his thoughts as he answered.

"You know, I didn't think that special skills were required when joining here. Heck, I even think that Darkalley accepts Sunkern recently hatched at that time when he recruited me," Arc stated as he though of how oblivious Darkalley was when he recruited him.

"I'm weak compared to you guys, but I guess that's why I joined this team," he continued, though suddenly feeling withdrawn, "Not that it matters to you. Though don't get me wrong, I can take on strong Pokemon."

"I guess you should just get your answer when you see me fight," he ended coldly, having no trust on the Arcanine.

((BTW, Proddit, no hard feelings. He's supposed to lack trust and be cold to others at first. ;^^))

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    Skype overheard the conversation between Rory and arc. "Yeeesh. Way to leave a bad impression" Skype thought. He floated over to the two to join the conversation.

"Comon, That's not how you welcome somebody to a team. Everyone starts somewhere and eventually they all grow to be successful. This is my first time in a team also but not my first time exploring. I could imagine a few of the recruit's first impressions. Speaking of impressions, You wouldn't believe some of the first impressions Pokemon in the square give me" Skype said laughing a bit.

Just to add to the humor, Skype grabbed his detached head and started bouncing it from his left hand to his right hand, And vice-versa.

"When Pokemon see me it's usually "What the heck is this thing?" Or "Your head's upside down you moron". Until...."

Skype reattached his head (If you wanna call it "reattaching"), Touched Rory's Fur and used conversion, Causing him to change to a red-orange color. "... They see me do this!"

Skype really felt bad for being such a showoff with Conversion but he couldn't resist the temptation, He always enjoys using conversion. It's one of the things that makes him glad to be a porygon.

"Either way everyone has a hidden talent, We can't go off judging each other until we get to blizzard island." Skype said as he conversed back to his regular colors and type. Skype offered his hand to Arc and Rory. "My name's skype" He said cheerfully.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Jake watched the whole scene and when the Arcanine told Arc he was weak, he went down and told the Riolu that he looked like he had a lot of potential and to not Rory's taunt get to him.

Niprop

Years
    ((
    Chapter 9000.000000000001: Niprop's Intermission (it's a joke guys!)

>.< Sorry Deadly_Plague_11, I need a better description before I can let you in, such as a personality, a brief background, anything. Erhm, visit the thread Cid advised earlier. (Thanks Cid. ;] )

Also, sorry that I didn't post in my own thread for a while, I'm a very busy person. I'll try to truly advance the story soon, and update the item list and other stuff.))

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Name: Sting

Po
    kémon: Skorupi

Level: 14

Description: Sting isn't your typical everyday Skorupi. He is somewhat a nuisance to others. Sting has grown an extra stinger on his tail, hence his name. He also has more of a blue tinge of colour on his skin, than purple.

Other: Sting has quite the obsurd personality, taking the leadership role in groups, and not really listening to what others have to say. He seems to make rash decisions and isn't much of a team player. He has set out with a dream to make a rescue team, to prove he can work well in teams, and to prove that he can change.

Moveset:

- Scratch
    - Posion Tail
    - Acupressure
    - Spikes

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    (Hey, guys. Sorry that I am TERRIBLY late, I just joined and I really would like to join this roleplay. Oh yes, please make me a good guy. :D)

Name: Tom

Pokémon: Riolu (Yes, I know, I think you won't accept this one, so if you won't, I'll be a Charmander.)

Level: 5

Description: Tom is cheerful, jolly and a little lonely. He wears a red-blue scarf on his neck and has a little bag on his waist. His eyes are green and his paws have a little green circle on them. He is more lonely than cheerful and jolly.

Other: Tom tries to be the joker in the group, but always fails with his jokes. He tries to be friendly to people, but he doesn't seem to get someone's interest. Tom tries his best and he does not never give up. His bag is the most precious thing to him. It holds his wooden doll.

Moveset
    - Scratch
    - Tail Whip
    - Tackle
    - Aura Sphere

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back