• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Chronicles of the Rod (Part One, Currently Open) [12-13*]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • (( Sorry I was gone so long, I though this thread had bought the farm! I'll post now... ))

A few hours after the heroic intervention of the Steel-Types, Bambi was jerked out of her musings by a shout coming from Shadow:

"Yes! Were so close now!"

Quickly the eevee directed her gaze to the area in front of the ship. Sure enough, there was a large white lump sticking out of the water.

That must be Blizzard Island...

The sky was getting dark now. Gray clouds had formed overhead, and, as Bambi watched, a delicate crystal floated down and settled on her nose. She shook off the now melted snowflake.

Thank goodness she had a thick coat of fur. Some of the other Pokemon on board the ship would, no doubt, be feeling the cold. As she glanced around, she noticed more snowflakes settling everywhere - on the barrels, the deck, the railings, the rigging...

I hope we get there before everything gets covered in snow...

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • ~~
    Salamance was near the docks (or at least what was Pokémon square's equivilent of a dock, anyhow), waiting.

"That tub of guts is gonna be here any moment, if he knows what's go for him..."

Dirtfeast suddenly approached him from behind, and shouted in his slurred voice, "Hey boss, we's got some recruits. Nice, huh?"

If he were a lesser Pokémon, that would have startled him. "Grrr, what is it!? Can't you see I'm busy setting up transport?"

Dirtfeast just stood there with a dumbfounded expression. "Oh, sorry boss, but you really need to hear this! We's got some pokes willin to go with us! And they seem nice to!"

The dragon Po
    kémon just snarled. "If they're worth anything, why don't you show them to me? If I like them, they'll go, if I don't like them, I'll test to see if that Ginseng is working..."

Dirtfeast attempted to make a nodding gesture, "Oh sure boss, I'll fetch em for ya right away, yep, leave it to me!"

and with that, he slithered off.

"I wonder what those fools will bring up to me. A Machamp, master of all fighting arts, perhaps? Or maybe something a bit modest, like Garchomp, nah, one of those would probably laugh at such an offer. Of course, they're more likely then not going to bring me a beached-magicarp or something. Heh..."

~~

They were just a few blocks away from shore, when a brilliant ray of light struck the crow's nest, blinding everyone. As soon as Nogab went to the top to inspect what happen, he was amazed. Kazari was nowhere to be seen.

"I SWEAR, he just VANISHED!"

the party couldn't believe what just happened.

But minkel just shook his head, as he did with most everything else. "I'm sure our chubby little fellow is prefectly fine, no matter where he transported to. Lets not ponder too much on the siduation, and get back to exploring."

Tori couldn't belive how Minkel could think such a thing, but perhaps he was right. He did after all, predict the steel
    pokémon coming in to rescue them, and so far he was right about pretty much everything. She still wondered what happened, though.

((Blegh, sorry about neglecting the RP everyone. The jorney is about tense up as we venture through Blizzard Island! Team Drudge's jorney might also be a bit more action-packed, too.))

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • ((Way to bring the role play back to life :P, Guess I'll help keep it alive by posting. ))

After getting the A-OK from dirtfeast, Skype went to find salamance and the other recruits who were apparently supposed to meet at the docks.

Skype thought to himself "An adventure to blizzard island... If anything, I hope the treasure there hasn't been scavenged yet.. IF there's treasure..."

As skype floated down to the docks, he could see salamance in the distance...

Skype tightly adjusted his blue scarf on his upper body and rushed on down to meet Team Drudger's leader.

((My first roleplay post :3 Wasen't too bad right? I'll try making them longer in the future))

Last edited:

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • This looks like fun... Is there still time left for joining team Drudger? Here's my character if you are interested:

Name: Jake

Pokemon: Charizard

Level: 50

Appearance: He is a little bit shorter than other Charizards. He is also a darker shade of red than his cousins and he has a scar on his face from a recent battle with an Arbok. He also has gray eyes with a bluish tint.

Personality: He can't stand sitting down and has an intense appetite for adventure, He is a bit antisocial and prefers to do his missions solo, but he usually helps out exploration teams if there is a big reward offered, such as in the case of team Drudger. He flew off to the docks as fast as he could, eager for yet another chance to show off his skills as an explorer.

Moveset:
    1. Flamethrower +1
    2. Smokescreen
    3. Shadow claw
    4. Aerial ace

((Ps: I am a huge night owl and I'm not active much during the day, but I will try to participate as much as possible when it turns nighttime))

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • This looks interesting. I don't care where I go, as long as I can finally get back into at lease a semi-stable RP.

Name: Glenn

Pokémon: Raichu

Level: 47

Description: Glenn is a thinner then average Raichu, due to his own training. His fur is a lighter orange then the average, with the exceptions of two spots on his cheeks that are a dark yellow. There is a black line on the side of the lightning-bolt segment of his tail. He is a little taller then most of his species by an inch. His paws have been dyed blue, due to what he eats. The stripes on his lower back were also lighter then the average Raichu's. His eyes are small and beady, a lot like others of his species. His ears are long, however, one of them seems like it has been bitten off. He also wears a scarf that has no real effects.

Other:
    Personality: Glenn is a fairly nice person who treats most people with respect. He does have some anger outbursts at times, though. He dislikes those who use others for their own personal gain, as well as being a little prejudice towards insect pokemon, not getting along well with them. However, he does have respect for some that manage to prove themselves in his eyes. He does like Oran Berries as his favorite food. He holds his family in the highest respect, with the exception of his older brother. He also enjoys the freedom of being an explorer, while tied down by rules, still gets to have fun.

He is of average intelligence for his species, which isn't bad, but he can't really come up with anything overly-complicated either. But, he can make due at the bare minimum.

History: Glenn was born into a relatively poor family of Raichu, he had his parents, and three siblings. Two younger sisters, named Tina and Alexis, and an older brother named Zane. Times were good as Glenn's father was able to get food. However, Zane attacked them before running away. While the eldest child did some damage, no one was really injured, so they went on with their lives. They missed Zane, but there was nothing they could do.

After a couple of years, Glenn was wanting to become a explorer, like his dad, and his older brother once was, so he trained hard to become strong, travelling into mystery dungeons, he worked hard to become stronger. He also ate a lot of Oran Berries near the beginning, as he was often knocked out, and extremely injured, eventually the coloring effected his paws, turning them a light blue. As soon as he thought he was ready, he began to travel out into the world, hoping to become an explorer.

Reason for joining: Glenn always wanted to be in an exploration team, as his father and older brother were in one at one point. However, his brother ran away, and his father retired, being too old. However, Glenn wanted to be more like his father and join an Exploration Team and prove himself to his family.

Moveset: Quick Attack, Thunderbolt+1, Agility, Volt Tackle

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Jake sped off to the docks, after getting team Drudger's request. He normally hated working in teams, but that would be an exception, The payoff was too huge to pass up! Eventually, he saw a group of Pokemon at the docks. "Ah, so this must be team Drudger, looks like I'm at the right place." Soon after, he landed on the pier to meet with the rest of the team, eager for yet another chance to prove himself.

Last edited:

Niprop

Years
  • ((Zeta Dimentio Accepted!))

A few minutes later, Dirtfeast came slithering back with a couple Pokémon. The first one was a Charizard, an able and worthy creature. Heh, maybe they didn't screw up...Salamence though to himself. When he saw the second Pokémon however, he was simply puzzled.

"What the heck is that thing?"

Salamence was staring at Skype like he was diseased.

"Oh, yep boss, that's no thing, he's Skype. He says he's a "Polygon" or something. "Pokigon?" Nah, that's not it. Oh, and the other one is called Jake."

Salamence could not takes his eyes off "Skype". Grrr, whatever that thing was, it at least looked like it might have minimal use.

Dirtfeast continued,

"Oh, boss, we got more recruits, should I get them too?"

Salamence nodded.

"Yes yes, er, fetch them as soon as possible. Eh, and get Duster too!"

The Grimer made a salute-like gesture, and went off.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
  • Hearing salamance's insult towards him, Skype already didn't like Salamance. Just the way Salamance looked at him ticked him off. However he hid these feelings, since any sort of conflicts would just ruin his chances staying in the team. He had no choice but to just deal with it.

"Yes.. Good to meet you as well." Skype said with regret as Salamance glanced at him.

Skype went to sit down and wait for the transport with everyone else while trying to keep distance from Salamance for the time being. Out of boredom and also for fun, He used his ability "Conversion" To blend in with his surroundings hoping Salamance would notice and take note of his unique skill.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Horizon was straving all his food was finished, he was famished, his stomach was growling, he was waiting since a long time in Treasure Town sitting below a huge Oran Berry tree, " I have to make my father proud ", Horizon thought as he tried to take a nap so as to distract himself from his hunger, but it was useless, he had to eat something, he was about to take a nap when a pokemon came rushing towards it, yes! it was the same pokemon who had asked to join his Boss's Team Drudger, Horizon wanted to know whether he was in or not with lot's of hopes, and waited what Dirtfeast or whatever his name was wanted to say to Horizon.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • "Man, this is nervewracking." Said Glenn, looking back and forth quickly. He looked up and saw that the Porygon had apparently decided to show off, and blend into the background. "Am I really cut out for this? Well... if my dad could do it, I think I can." Glenn stretched out, cracking his back. "Aah, that feels much better."

"I wonder if this team is as good as advertised. I heard something about them, but... not too much. I just hope that this team can make it through a mission." Said Glenn, looking around once more, to try and find evidence that this... 'Team Drudger' was just a weak team, but, not wanting to leave a bad first impression, Glenn didn't really look around as thoroughly as he could have.

"Well, they can't be a pushover team, they have a Salamance on it. They are powerful, so... yeah." Said Glenn as he began to move around more. "Let's just hope I'm accepted into the team."

(ooc: Sorry it's so short, but I had almost nothing to talk about.)

Niprop

Years
  • Salamence glanced at Skype using Conversion. Heh, he thought, a Pokémon that could literally leave my sight immediately...

The dragon let out a huge yawn. The Wailord transport would arrive any moment now, and the sooner that lard came, the sooner he could find that treasure! How far is wherever they're going to, anyways? He knew that the area marked was near Blizzard Island, but how far was Blizzard Island? Grrr, Darkalley might know something, he's from that place...

Just then, he noticed a Raichu scurry up to the docks. Hmmm, this must be another one of those recruits. Looks good enough, if he's anything like what they say about Raichu...
    He sneered.

~~

Dirtfeast was wandering through the area. Where were they again? After slithering in circles twice, he spotted Horizon near an Oran tree. "Oh, um, there you are, I've been looking for you, eh, boss wants all recruits at the docks!"

Dirtfeast was scatter-brained, empty-minded, and many times considered "Dumb", even by fellow Grimer. But he knew when a fellow Pok
    émon was hungry, and he saw that Horizon was famished.

He was just about to hand over the grimy apple in his mouth when he spotted two, huge, glinting eyes.

"Not much of a gentleman, are you Dirtfeast?"

Duster climbed out of the shadows, revealing his thin form.

"If you really want to help him, you should give him something a bit more...Sanitary."

The Sableye lept high into the air, and knocked off a large Oran Berry.

"That's the way you do it."

He then handed the berry to Horizon as if he didn't want anything to do with it. Dirtfeast just stared blankly at Duster, and then he remembered.

"Hey Dust, the boss is looking for ya!"

Megaman765

Years
  • "Looks like they noticed." Skype thought. "Wonder if they figured out it changes my type."

Skype conversed back to its normal form since most of the members were already at the docks anyways. He was really eager to get to blizzard island and start the adventure.

"This wailord is really taking awhile... Guess I'll go introduce myself to the other recruits just to pass the time." Skype thought.

So he went to acquaint himself with the other members while waiting.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Horizon was dead tired of waiting when he noticed Dirtfeast coming towards him as he neared towards him he said "Oh, um, there you are, I've been looking for you, eh, boss wants all recruits at the docks!" Horizon was still hungry, Maybe Dirtfeast took notice of this and was quite going to hand Horizon something to eat, but before Horizon could get something he heard an eerie voice poiting towards Dirtfeast saying "Not much of a gentleman, are you Dirtfeast?", Saying this a pokemon came out revealing itself to be a Sabelye and once again said to Dirtfeast "If you really want to help him, you should give him something a bit more...Sanitary." Saying this The Sableye lept high into the air, and knocked off a large Oran Berry, and said "That's the way you do it." Horizon finally got something to eat, after listening to both Dirtfeast and Duster's conversation, he interpretated that both of them are aquaintance from quite some time. Horizon then hurried towards the docks, where he saw a Raichu and a grumpy Salamence.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Jake was tired of waiting. That Wailord was taking forever to appear! He chatted a bit with the other recruits to try to pass the time and after that, he looked out at the sea to reflect, wondering what would await him on Blizzard Island.

theking6

Water Types!! :D
    Years
  • Name: Rex

Pokémon: Quilava

Level: 23

Description:
    I am not good at this....he is a Quilava thats pretty much all I got...

Moveset:
    Smokescreen, Ember, Quick Attack +1, Flamethrower

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Glenn looked around and saw a tough-looking Salamence glance his way, so he decided to initiate a conversation. "So you are Salamance of Team Drudger? I am Glenn, a recruit. I am here to say that it is an honor to serve alongside you." Said Glenn, bowing his head. "Well, I assume you are a busy pokemon, so I will leave you alone, unless you need me for a mission." Glenn then turned around and walked away, hoping that he didn't screw things up already.

'Oh, god... I hope I didn't mess that up.' Thought Glenn nervously. He continued to walk away, before leaning on a building. He had nowhere else to go, so he might as well remain where he was, or else he'd probably get lost. 'Oh well... there are worse ways to say hi. I think I did okay.' Glenn looked around, and saw that there was a Charizard, and a Porygon. 'More recruits? I wonder why they are here. Hmm... oh, well. I don't think I need to know, as long as it doesn't interfere with missions.'

'My brother said that he was with some weird people. I wonder if my team will be as weird as his.' Thought Glenn once more.

Niprop

Years
  • ((TheKing6 pending, come on man, think! If he's going to be generic, at least give him a crude background, or at very least a personality!))

Salamence was on his last two strings. If that wailord didn't come soon, he'd personally fly to Blizzard Island and do the entire mission himself if he had to. The Raichu introduced himself, though Salamence was barely listening. Something about him being Gen or Gwen or a name like that, and how he stated the obvious.

Dirtfeast have arrived, with him, a Kirlia and Duster.

Oh great, Dirtfeast caved in and brought a ballerina. Oh well, any help is...Welcome...Salamence cringed at even thinking the word.

The dragon glared at the Grimer expectantly.

"I got the recruit boss, now we just need to get Darkie and his recruits!"

Salamence's expression changed to that of a bloodshot one.

"Find him immediately! I will not delay this mission for that darned Weavile!"

He considered just leaving Darkalley behind. Grr, if it weren't for the fact he needed him to guide the team to Blizzard Island, he would have happily pretended the fool didn't exist.

"Yep boss, I'll find Darkie too, just like you said."

Dirtfeast slithered away, back into Pokémon Square.

! ! ! ! ! !

A groaning sound could be heard in the distance. A faint shape could be seen in the distance, it grew larger and larger, until Salamence could make out the shape.

"Finally..." he muttered to himself.

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • Snowflakes gathered upon the ship and its surroundings, melting as they hit the icy water below them. Prior to Team Flurry's expedition, Clare had never in her life seen snow, let alone have it fall on her. Nonetheless, she didn't seem to want to look at it, nor did she want to touch any of the delicate ice crystals which floated down unto the deck. She didn't bother looking out at the winter wonderland which awaited her, but instead curled shivering into the fetal position. Had she the courage or nerve, she would have tried to hit up the team's Torchic for a hug, but the Alakazam was such a timid creature that she feared that the little bird would attack her if she even dared.

Clare was already beginning to regret agreeing to join Team Flurry on their exploration the moment she woke up that morning. Now after almost having been sucked into a whirlpool, throwing up twice and being absolutely drenched before exposed to ridiculously low temperatures, she regretted it more than ever. So entrenched in her own discomfort was she that she didn't even notice the blinding beam of light which shot from the heavens and engulfed Munchlax, who then vanished from sight. Nor did she hear the commotion which resulted from the event.

Minutes later, the ship came to a halt, causing the timid Alakazam to jump. Since she was already shivering to begin with, it was unlikely that anyone would notice her trembling in fear as the anchor was heaved into the ocean, then the ramp slowly lowered onto the land.

Clare would have been glad to know that the team were about to step onto solid land had she been properly aware of her surroundings, but with icicles in her moustache and blue-tinged fingertips underneath fine blond fur standing straight up, her attention wasn't going to be all that easily diverted from the sad fact that she could hardly feel her extremities.

((Sorry about the godmoding. >.>))

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back