• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mythic Legends [Beta 2 released]

So, what did you think of the beta so far?

• It was pretty awesome

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Unique, but it could be better

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • Its just a normal hack your probably going to quit in the middle...

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • This hack is tasteless...

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • I have no good or bad thoughts...

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
  • For the first problem, I'm not totally sure which sign you're talking about, though the one up on the mountain is supposed to be one of those "Cave this way, route that way" signs, and the other one is hard to place closer without making the player feel congested.

For the second problem, I can always make it shorter; In fact, that would be better. I just wasn't completely sure about how big this "Battle shop" was supposed to be, so I made it all fancy-like. Hilariously enough, I just noticed that one of the NPC's in town's message was that Mineral "Town" was very small and everyone knew each other. Whoops.

That Npc must of been drinking :)

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
  • Here's the fourth map to come out of me, it's Everwind City.

Be careful, for it's a fairly large image.

Spoiler:

psychicboy

Years
  • Great job once again Fujitsu! Now then, I have a question, whats with the random buildings in uninhabitable places o-o?

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
  • What do you mean "uninhabitable"? All of the buildings there are habitable, no? It's not like I placed a random lake of lava and put a house in it.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • I'm guessing he's meaning the doorless buildings in the pic that can't be accessed, because of trees. They must be there for decoration.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Psy, Just a small glitch I noticed is Mizuke tells you to go talk to your dad after your done with her, I do and he doesn't do anything but tell me to go see her :\

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
  • I'll see what I can do about the maps. It's going to be a bit more difficult with the routes to make them just right. Some of the maps are harder to keep the theme of than others. I'm still not totally sure how I'm going to do Vestria City.

I'd like to know if there was some way to change Vestria up a little bit, due to the fact that a fire gym doesn't seem well placed in this "city".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Hey Psychicboy. Do you mind if I use the idea of buying houses in my hack? It's something I never thought of and may be a nice feature in my hack if I find a way to apply it. With credit of course.

psychicboy

Years
  • Going great actually. It will be out as soon as me and Fujitsu are done with some things. Beta 3.0 will have a temporary PC fix as suggested by HaloSonic and will go up to the fifth gym. Not to mention the beautiful maps done by Fujitsu :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Hey Psy, just letting you know for some reason my psp's been acting up so I cant play it just yet I'm working on it though :]

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
  • Going great actually. It will be out as soon as Fujitsu and I are done with some things. Beta 3.0 will have a temporary PC fix as suggested by HaloSonic and will go up to the fifth gym. Not to mention the beautiful maps done by Fujitsu :)

No wonder you need a grammar editor. Haha.

Anyways, I've really gone down as of recent. I have some sort of stomach ailment that's really playing around with me. I'll still see what I can do about maps, but I'm going to be a bit more delayed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    Hello I am kind of new here but I have watched your videos on your hack and have read a little into it.

I have tried to download it but the first two links say the file is gone or non-existent. The third and fourth link are apparently not compatible with my Visual Boy Advanced (Yes an emulator). My computer is also saying the application is not there. Is there some way you can help me. I am wanting to play your hack.

Last edited:

Fujitsu

Now with leather seats!
    Years
  • Hello I am kind of new here but I have watched your videos on your hack and have read a little into it.

I have tried to download it but the first two links say the file is gone or non-existent. The third and fourth link are apparently not compatible with my Visual Boy Advanced (Yes an emulator). My computer is also saying the application is not there. Is there some way you can help me. I am wanting to play your hack.

Hey there Inari. It is very well true that the files displayed will not work with an emulator, as they are not meant to. Emulators are made in order to play games which are distributed in the form of what are called "ROM"s. Now, it's illegal to distribute ROMs as that is what is known as pirating a game. The files you download are "IPS" patches. These need to be applied to a "clean ROM" in order for them to be played. A clean ROM is any ROM file that has not been tampered with through hacking or otherwise. Most ROM files that you may find/get will be clean ROM files. To patch the clean ROM file, you must use an "IPS patcher" application. You can find several over the internet. After you patch a clean ROM file, with the provided patch, you will be able to play the game on your emulator. I hope you enjoy the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2010
    Hey there Inari. It is very well true that the files displayed will not work with an emulator, as they are not meant to. Emulators are made in order to play games which are distributed in the form of what are called "ROM"s. Now, it's illegal to distribute ROMs as that is what is known as pirating a game. The files you download are "IPS" patches. These need to be applied to a "clean ROM" in order for them to be played. A clean ROM is any ROM file that has not been tampered with through hacking or otherwise. Most ROM files that you may find/get will be clean ROM files. To patch the clean ROM file, you must use an "IPS patcher" application. You can find several over the internet. After you patch a clean ROM file, with the provided patch, you will be able to play the game on your emulator. I hope you enjoy the game.

Thank you for the information. I know where a clean ROM is at. I just have to find an IPS Patcher. I owe you. ^__^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back