• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
  • And I'm stuck again .... Got the 4th badge. Placed the shards. Where to go now?

where is this secret switch in route 55, I keep hearing about?

Last edited:

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Looks really great... Im talking about the story XD I don't find graphics important :3
    I like all the implmented features :)
    I really want to play this but there is just no time now days *-* and by the way I kinda don't dig that tall grass :P but its my OP and nice maps ;)
    Best of luck

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I love exploring all the things but a navigator is indeed not a bad idea because not everyone likes to run around the world all day to figure out where to go next.

On another note is the quest about talking to the elders finished in the current beta?
    I've tried switching the time on my pc around to try to talk to other elders during morning/day/evening/night but nothing seemed to have triggered something. :p
    There are a few elders placed in strategic places in the region, I haven't implemented all of them yet. As of now, there is only one elder. I am going to give them a different palette in order for players to distinguish them.
    It's such a pity that there isn't a female version of the trainer...you should have included both genders in the game, but it's still a great game, I love the eevee starter and keep on the great job!
    The female trainer would be a hassle for me. I made this female player in place of your "regional rival." You will meet her in beta 3.xx. Also, if I had made a female character, I would have to re-script all of my scripts that makes references to the main character's gender...
    Dont worry I'll take care of that for my next Trailer! It was my fault for not considering that in the first place.
    I think I removed the choosing of gender during the introduction.
    Where can I find route 47? According to the faq I can find a shard there. I have green, blue and yellow.
    Search around on Route 55, that's the challenge of it. There is a small newly accessible area that requires the usage of Smash in order to get there... and sorry, in the FAQ I meant Route 49, or else you have to travel to Route 47 of Johto!
    why isnt azumarill fairy type? o.0 its only water
    This game's Fairy Type does not equate to Game Freak's Fairy Type (which I'm not a fan of), hence the different color schemes. All of these things are explained in my upcoming documentation, such as retyping, classifications, effectiveness, etc.
    And I'm stuck again .... Got the 4th badge. Placed the shards. Where to go now?

where is this secret switch in route 55, I keep hearing about?
    Search around on Route 55, that's the challenge of it. There is a small newly accessible area that requires the usage of Smash in order to get there... and that secret switch is in a small room, search around for it.
    Looks really great... Im talking about the story XD I don't find graphics important :3
    I like all the implmented features :)
    I really want to play this but there is just no time now days *-* and by the way I kinda don't dig that tall grass :P but its my OP and nice maps ;)
    Best of luck
    Yeah, thanks! Graphics is not going to be the focus of this hack. If it was, I would never finish this game considering how large it will be once completed, haha. Graphics will have a traditional feel of consistency just like a regular Fire Red game. My main focus is the storyline, features, and completing the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Really? I knew that was possible in Roms, but i didn't notice that you had gotten rid of the Gender change. :D

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
    Years
  • I just caught the pikachu nearby Brighton town. And then it says "little girl pikachu comes to play another day" the screen turns black and doesn't come back on.
    Is this a bug?

Hopefully this can/will be fixed cause I saved at the wrong moment. I don't wanna start over

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Will HM's Surf and Fly be available in Beta 3?
    Yup! Pretty much the whole of Taejo will be explorable! Except for some other places that gets unlocked after visiting Seijo.
    this is awesome !! :DDD love the features :DD
    Thanks!
    Really? I knew that was possible in Roms, but i didn't notice that you had gotten rid of the Gender change. :D
    Yeah, I forgot who created the patch, but it should be in my credit list somewhere!
    I just caught the pikachu nearby Brighton town. And then it says "little girl pikachu comes to play another day" the screen turns black and doesn't come back on.
    Is this a bug?

Hopefully this can/will be fixed cause I saved at the wrong moment. I don't wanna start over
    This script was actually one of the very first scripts that I made, so it is very primitive. It has so many other bugs with it as well. It will be overhauled for the next beta.
    how long is beta 2.5.where it ends
    It's on the first page buddy, I made a tracking map. And it is also in my FAQ: http://www.romhack.me/pages/258/forum/

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
    Years
  • It doesn't destroy save files. For anyone for the matter that had a problem with it, just restart the emulator and don't activate the event.

I play via gameboid. And quick save it. I didn't make a in game save.
    So restarting doesn't solve this problem.

Guess I'm f#cked than?

Forget what said!

I just opened my bag to check my pokemon. And the screen came back on!
    The event is still there.
    W00t

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I play via gameboid. And quick save it. I didn't make a in game save.
    So restarting doesn't solve this problem.

Guess I'm f#cked than?

Forget what said!

I just opened my bag to check my pokemon. And the screen came back on!
    The event is still there.
    W00t
    Now that you said it, actually, that "black screen" is an emulator compatibility problem. For best compatibility, VBA-M is the best for this game. That "black screen" is executed in a script. It is supposed to be a cutscene, like in movies when the screen gets black borders on the top and bottom part of the screen.
    ----------
    Expect to have plenty of side missions or quests involving having to call the cops using the RLSS!
    -----

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
    Years
  • Since I can't make a in-game save, Is there a way to import my save state from gameboid to another emulator so I can make a in-game save?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Looks great but (no offense to Acer) the main character OW needs to seriously be resized and maybe recolored. That's just my opinion though :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    i got an azurril and the bliss stone but it won't evolve,
    somebody help me HOW DO I EVOLVE IT!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Woops. Sorry about the video. Shopro Copyrighted me!{XD} After I get this disputed done with, i'll start my Walkthrough of Pokemon Normal.

Back