• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hope the Flag events go well for you. :P
It's going pretty good. Most of them are during the earlier parts of the game where most of my inexperience from 2012 remains haha. But I have to double/triple check that I have edited every single one correctly. If I miss a single one, then it will have a screwy chain effect on the others. I should be done in a few hours.

Also check the front page for a lot of new screens! More coming.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
It's going through its final couple of beta testing phases and then it will be ready for a release!
--------------------

Woah is that an update to route 55? I'm intrigued with the strange writings in the shape of an "s". I wanna catch that Pikaboo too ^_^

Can't wait to start playing again, it's been a long while. Keep up the great work.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Woah is that an update to route 55? I'm intrigued with the strange writings in the shape of an "s". I wanna catch that Pikaboo too ^_^

Can't wait to start playing again, it's been a long while. Keep up the great work.
Those are actually 5's. They're engraved writings throughout the route referencing the 555 legend. And Route 55 is one of the most unique routes in the game, you'll figure that out after beating the Taejo League... in a future release of course lol.

And Pikaboo is the new gift given to you from the collector in Silversky. It has a cool movepool as well.
I'm waiting for the new release and finally play this one. Thanks for the great work man!
Thanks for the support!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
I'm too eager for my own good, xD
the waiting killing me

and please say that you have fix the script compability error when facing joey girlfriend , because i only have my android .-.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm too eager for my own good, xD
the waiting killing me

and please say that you have fix the script compability error when facing joey girlfriend , because i only have my android .-.
I'm still in the midst of my final play through. Recently fixed up the evolution methods which I screwed up by accident somewhere in the past. It was a pain the lol to fix haha.

As for the Joey Girlfriend script, I haven't reached up to that part yet. I am immediately eliminating bugs as I encounter them while playing. It shouldn't be too hard to fix compared to the other painful time consuming glitches/breakers I resolved already lol.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Here are some more updates. The grass background looks fantastic with the morning/afternoon/night cycles.
--------------------

Courtesy of HollowRoxas and Wesley

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Here's a custom palette I've made for indoor battles. The graphical updates were originally going to be pushed towards beta 4, but I decided to thrown them in before this upcoming release.
--------------------
--------------------

A simple change in color can go a long way

Now here's a small glitch (it doesn't break the game) that may not be fixed for RC 1.6 (which is now renamed to RC 2)
----------------------------------------

It only happens when you first catch a
Pokémon you've never caught before when the Pokédex takes you to the information page. That's it. The actual
Pokémon data page is fine as you can see in the first picture. It will be fixed in the next release.

I would either see if I can "null" that part of the routine that takes players there, thus skipping it altogether since it's not that important. Or actually try to see what the problem is: It could be a RAM overlap maybe. The garbled background varies depending on the battle background you've caught the
Pokémon in. It doesn't look too bad if you made a catch in the wild grass. As seen here with the white background where Pidgey is.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Here's a custom palette I've made for indoor battles. The graphical updates were originally going to be pushed towards beta 4, but I decided to thrown them in before this upcoming release.
--------------------
--------------------

A simple change in color can go a long way

Now here's a small glitch (it doesn't break the game) that may not be fixed for RC 1.6 (which is now renamed to RC 2)
----------------------------------------

It only happens when you first catch a
Pokémon you've never caught before when the Pokédex takes you to the information page. That's it. The actual
Pokémon data page is fine as you can see in the first picture. It will be fixed in the next release.

I would either see if I can "null" that part of the routine that takes players there, thus skipping it altogether since it's not that important. Or actually try to see what the problem is: It could be a RAM overlap maybe. The garbled background varies depending on the battle background you've caught the
Pokémon in. It doesn't look too bad if you made a catch in the wild grass. As seen here with the white background where Pidgey is.

I know your a busy person and all but I really hope RC 2 is released soon. Actually can't wait until the final version is released. But that's a long ways off, and games are almost impossible to be completely made as there's usually always something the creator wished they could add in but either didn't have enough time or space or decided to postpone the that feature until a later game, version, or date.
Anyways, keep up the good work. This alongside a couple others are the best hacks I've ever played or seen.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I should be finished beta testing by Saturday evening or Sunday morning (American Eastern Time). I realized that screwing around with your computer's clock in order to change the in-game time screws around with the daily evolutions sometimes.

I suggest to not mess around with the RTC anyways and play the game as properly intended, that way it'll be more fun and rewarding haha.

EDIT 1 - And all documentations regarding the release will be updated, especially the updated evolution methods and most importantly the Wild Pokémon Data. Now that is going to take forever (bare with me) considering that every single wild area have morning/day/evening/night wild data besides a few indoor areas, yep. So feel free to message me or discuss locations with others on this thread or find out yourself in-game (more fun).

I also had finally made the water animations but disabled it months back it because it was shaky and its time consuming, so it's not going to be in this release.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
any hint on the release date? your new screenshots just made me more eager to play the new update xD

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
any hint on the release date? your new screenshots just made me more eager to play the new update xD
It's now released haha.
--------------------
Things to note: I already know about the dynamic palette bug and the messed up Pokédex background ONLY after catching a ‎Pokémon species for the first time. It ends at the end of the Aqualight Takeover, an event after your 7th badge. You'll have surf by then. And you'll know when the build is officially over. Plus you'll be able to explore tons of newly discovered surfable areas while you wait for the next update haha.

Back