• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    How does the time work? I've been playing since really late at night, but the time has only been day. Is there a way to change the time?

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Its been a while since I've checked this thread. Looks as great as ever. With my busy schedule I'll probably wait for final release in a few years or something before I give this another go though,

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • *Crosses fingers for Poison eeveelution*
    I'm know I'm a looser for liking Poison types but... goddamn it its fun!
    Unfortunately it was not in the original plan. My goal was to finish off the Eeveelutions with the last "original special type" which is the Dragon-type that did not receive an evolution. It's weird that they did not pair Sylveon with a dragon-type considering that the fairy type was made to counter the dragon-type... which is what was done in the second generation with the introduction of the dark-type in Espeon and Umbreon...
    However, it does kind of make more sense to have a poison evolution instead of the steel one I have planned since poision is a more common counter to the fairy-type.
    --------------------
    Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update) Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)
    First one is the Taejo Dex, second one is the Seijo Extension

Is there going to be more gene Pokemon in the next update?
    Definitely. There will be in-game hints in which ones are capable of transforming.
    Can we have a document posted with the pokemon stat changes? It pretty annoying training a mon expecting it to turn out a certain way and having something very different.
    Maybe. I want the game to have the experience of "figuring things out on the fly" which makes it more fun. It gives off a new experience, much like the experience I get from playing Pokémon Vega without looking up a walk-through or help online.
    How does the time work? I've been playing since really late at night, but the time has only been day. Is there a way to change the time?
    Your RTC is not enabled. Enable Real Time Clock in your emulator settings.
    Its been a while since I've checked this thread. Looks as great as ever. With my busy schedule I'll probably wait for final release in a few years or something before I give this another go though,
    That's cool! I actually can't wait to start the rest of Seijo. I have some interesting mapping designs for it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Your RTC is not enabled. Enable Real Time Clock in your emulator settings.

Sadly, the only working emulator that I can find for macs does not allow for you to do that, at least from what I can find. I'll keep looking for other ways to enable it, or different emulators, but I probably won't be able to play this hack until I get a PC, which could be a couple of years.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    What base rom do I need to use? I tried squirrels fire red but didnt work. I wanna start playing now, not waiting hahah

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Sadly, the only working emulator that I can find for macs does not allow for you to do that, at least from what I can find. I'll keep looking for other ways to enable it, or different emulators, but I probably won't be able to play this hack until I get a PC, which could be a couple of years.

The most commonly used emulator in this situation is Visual Boy Advance, and I've done some searching as well, (but not too in depth, sadly) and there seems to be a version of VBA for Mac somewhere out there.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • What base rom do I need to use? I tried squirrels fire red but didnt work. I wanna start playing now, not waiting hahah
    Use a regular version 1.0 rom. Not a version 1.1.
    Umm just a question. How do you evolve Wynaut?
    Seems like people are still playing RC 1, RC 2.65 looks very different from RC 1 and has plenty of internal changes. To be honest, I am not sure because lots of things have been changed from last year. But with this upcoming release (no more flag errors), I can assure players that this is the last time your save file will have to be restarted.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    The most commonly used emulator in this situation is Visual Boy Advance, and I've done some searching as well, (but not too in depth, sadly) and there seems to be a version of VBA for Mac somewhere out there.

I've tried it and it won't work. I try to open a game and it closes right away

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    How long is the game currently and how much is completed

The game is suppose to consist of two regions and some post-game content. The game is completed up to the gate to Chert Town (After the takeover at the Aqualight Tower.).

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    The game is suppose to consist of two regions and some post-game content. The game is completed up to the gate to Chert Town (After the takeover at the Aqualight Tower.).

You realize that your answer doesnt tell him how long the game currently goes right? He wont know which town is "chert town" if he havent played the game....

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I've tried it and it won't work. I try to open a game and it closes right away
    What emulator and version are you using?
    Screen goes black after hopping down to the entrance where Suicune leaves? (very beginning of game)
    That is an emulator compatibility problem. I'm assuming that you are not using VBA-M 1.8.0, correct?
    How long is the game currently and how much is completed
    I would say 40%. It's a Full Two Region game. The first region, mapping wise is pretty much 90% completed. You can get seven badges in this upcoming release.
    The best way I like to describe it for new players is the main continental land of Taejo is playable for the most part. And a town of Seijo is also accessible. Although your answer was pretty good as well.
    --------------------
    Current Progress: I'm actually at the Aqualight Takeover in the beta testing run through and everything is working as planned (Dewy Lake's map connections got screwed up somehow, but this is an easy fix compared to all the other crazy problems I had in the production of this game in the past [I'm looking at you Extended Flag glitches] hahaha).

I've also updated the first page with quite a few new screenshots. Be sure to check them out!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Could you add 6 gen sprites?
    That is not going to be added. There are going to be no more "generational updates" to this game. What I mean is there will be no Generation 7 creatures, features, etc. There is also not going to any Generation 6 creatures either. The only exception was Gogoat and its pre-evolution because it fits well with the theme of the region. I just want to focus on completing the game now (in mapping and scripting). I believe that I already added enough features (there are a few more that will be added because it was already planned years ago).

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • That is not going to be added. There are going to be no more "generational updates" to this game. What I mean is there will be no Generation 7 creatures, features, etc. There is also not going to any Generation 6 creatures either. The only exception was Gogoat and its pre-evolution because it fits well with the theme of the region. I just want to focus on completing the game now (in mapping and scripting). I believe that I already added enough features (there are a few more that will be added because it was already planned years ago).

Sorry dude,I mean to say 6 gen key sprites or menu sprites(the new menu sprites )

Back