• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • You'd better fix all the bugs.... I don't like bugs... Well I'll tell you my opinions soon, I'm booting it up now...

Waudby

okay. Could you also tell me if when you select load game, are there any save files included?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Nope, no files to load...

Also; there's something wrong with the first rival battle... After I lost (yes I lost) my rival left, leaving the screen tinted, and the battle music kept playing, along with the normal music... It corrected itself when I entered the first town again, but when I went back to the route, it tinted again and played both musics again...

Finally after that awful trip, I tried to save after getting my Pokedex... Long story short: ten minutes later it was still saving so I closed the program....

Bugs, need I say more?

Waudby

hmmm saving shouldn't take that long. I'm not sure why it does. I'll look into it.

The reason the music overlaps each other is because the battle script is missing the command to stop the battle theme

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    One quick question, I'm on a Mac. That wouldn't at all effect the playing of the game. It can run on both Mac and Windows correct?

Waudby

One quick question, I'm on a Mac. That wouldn't at all effect the playing of the game. It can run on both Mac and Windows correct?

It's possible to play on a mac, but you will need to download the latest mac release of sphere from www.spheredev.org

I'm going to hopefully fix a few of the bugs today.

Would people like me to reupload it afterwards?

Waudby

Yeah... This one's good, but the bugs do pile up...

I did warn people that it was a buggy release, but it's helped catch some bugs I may not have found.

Long story short: ten minutes later it was still saving so I closed the program....

Bugs, need I say more?

I think I may know why your file wouldn't save.

I forgot to save that because the text box that says now saving, is just a regular text box at the moment, you have to press the Z button for it to save.

Okay I now have Release Candidate 2, there have been a few bug fixes in this version;

Code:
    1. Problems with a few of the base sprites have been fixed.
    2. Trouble with the battle music after being defeated by Dawn is now fixed.
    3. There shouldn't be any problems with the Pokemon Cry sound files.
    4. Saving now works as well (press Z when the box says Saving....")
    5. A few text problems have also been fixed now.
    There are still some things to be fixed;

Code:
    1. Being able to move when Uing is talking.
    2. Errors that occur when you try to run from a wild pokemon.
    3. Errors that occur if you lose a battle and get into another one.
    4. Fix the bag system for in battles.
    5. Fix the music looping.
    Download Link: www.spheredev.org/~waudby/uploads/PokemonOdyssey.rar

There are a few save files that were just tests that I've included, don't use the second one as it is invalid and will throw out an error. The first one will take you to the bit where you choose your pokemon, skipping the intro, the talk with mum, and the first part of the talk in the lab.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    it still doesn't work for me. it can't load a music file. And before, there was another file. i can download it. but when click on pokemonodyssey.exe it loads everything, but i can't play it because it will disappear immediately.

Waudby

Well sphere is included in the file. What kind of computer are you running, i.e mac, windows or linux. Because for some reason the é in some file names is causing troubles.

Are you still having the load file error?

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    If you get the not loading a sound file error

Inside the game's folder (called startup in waudby's download) open the folder called sounds, in there open the folder called battle and change "Battle! Wild Pokémon.mp3" to "Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3" then, go back into the game's folder, open the folder called scripts, open the file called Vars.js with a text editor, look for "Battle! Wild Pokémon.mp3" and change it to "Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3".

If you're on a mac

As well as waudby's game download, also get: spheredev.org/~rhuan/sphere.zip and spheredev.org/~rhuan/frameworks.zip

Put the contents of frameworks.zip in ~/library/frameworks, drop the game folder (startup) from waudby's download into the folder produced by opening sphere.zip, then run SphereEngine.app, if it doesn't work, you may need to run Config.app first and select a video driver, I recommend sdl_gl it's faster than sdl32. You may also get the music file error mentioned above, if so, follow the fix I give above.

(I'm the mac sphere developer BTW, so if you have any mac sphere related problems, ask me)

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Alright, I'll give this another shot XD

With the bugged version narrowed down, I'm sure this version of the demo will be good. Now I will watch ALZip download it ^__^ *stares at 4%*

By the way, now that it's open, I can't find a vars.js file in the scripts. With the new file all it says is that there's an error with the music in the vars.js script or something x_x

Nevermind ~_~

Waudby

Okay, open the game using the game.sgm found in the start up folder.

After this, the sphere editor will open, open the folder called scripts and go to the bottom, there should be vars.js in there somewhere :P

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I've got waudby's latest version and vars.js is there... startup/scripts/vars.js

waudby: that will only work if he's using a windows machine.

Last edited:

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Yep, I am using Windows. Thanks but I've probably got something outdated. It won't let me open game.sgm either XD. Does it matter what exaclty I use to edit the vars.js folder?

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Yep, I am using Windows. Thanks but I've probably got something outdated. It won't let me open game.sgm either XD. Does it matter what exaclty I use to edit the vars.js folder?

vars.js is a file not a folder, you can use any text editor you like e.g. notepad

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Oh, right. Mistake x_x Yep, it's a file. So I editted both of the music titles and it says now it can't find the music. Hmm.

"Script Error in 'vars.js', line 245

Could not load sound 'Battle/Battle! Wild Pokemon.mp3'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back