• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

when i downloaded the demo it said it couldnt find the file

here is what it said

open it it from a list
    or look on the internet

can u fix that?

Support for the old demo has now been dropped I'm afraid, the game has vastly improved since that release, and I can safely say it will be worth the wait until the next release.

Waudby

just a small update for everyone, the mapping is coming along nicely, and the storyline features a working a treat :)

With that said, i want people to suggest 5 different pokemon to make up the last 5 possible starter pokemon i've already added in the usual starters and some random pokemon, however suggest away, and they night get in!

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    my list:

Growlith
    Bagon
    Eevee
    Abra
    elekid

Waudby

Update:

Background Information:

As a means of making the world feel like a living and breathing place, I have begun writing the "History Of Everglade"!

The storyline will venture as far back as 250 years, and there will be places and monuments that show parts of the past, for instance;

This is Sullivan's Tree:

Sullivan was a fierce Dragon Type user, he lead a group of rebels against the Ani Colony and eventually helped free mainland Everglade from control.

After freeing Cresent City the residents planted a small tree, that has grown and to this day is still standing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    a starter should be a common pokemon but potentially if trained correct the ability to become one of the strongest

eg like chamander when he evolves to charizard- chamnder common pokemon but when evolved full and trained correct it could be one of strongest like in the anime

with this i suggest a common ghost type

gastly

a normal type with no stones available until after around 2-3 gyms with a eevee
    eevee

meothw? spelling?

another common type and as shown in anime if trained correctly it can become super strong or if not trained well super week

onix- common rock type

(SOME SINNOH or hoenn pokemon as last one that is common) not sure really what to put since i cant remember most of them) you can choose that i guess
    (dont do strong dragon pokemon as they will always become strong and make it easy at the start like bagon and dratini)

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Abra, if you can evolve him (the second time) without trade, and if he starts with something other than teleport...

That was my favourite evolution tree for quite a while abra->kadabra->alakazam

My lvl 100 alakazam was awesome... Ah the days (pokemon yellow...)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014

Update:

Background Information:

As a means of making the world feel like a living and breathing place, I have begun writing the "History Of Everglade"!​

The storyline will venture as far back as 250 years, and there will be places and monuments that show parts of the past, for instance;​

This is Sullivan's Tree:​

Sullivan was a fierce Dragon Type user, he lead a group of rebels against the Ani Colony and eventually helped free mainland Everglade from control.​

After freeing Cresent City the residents planted a small tree, that has grown and to this day is still standing.​

do i see Platinum OW? looks like it

Waudby

I'm still looking for the platinum dawn however.

Years
    I know where you can find heaps of Platinum sprites, check out thedudemister's thread on Serebii.net forums. The thread is titled "My Works" and it is in the Fan Sprites sub-section of Fan Art.
    He has tons of interfaces and other rips that might come in handy for you.
    He also has also ripped a lot of new overworlds including the new Frontier Brain's.
    I would have given you a link but I don't want to just in case your not allowed to post links to other forums here.

Waudby

Thanks Destined i checked out the sprites and they seem to be fine so i'll put them into the game as soon as possible.

^_^ Platinum Dawn now a playable character :P

Waudby

I'm very much enjoying making the game again, I did lose inspiration for a while, but it's back ^_^

I hope to have something to show you guys later, a nice addition to Sundale Town :P

Update:

Sundale Town Final Part 2 :P :

Okay I got a few complaints on the Spherical forums about how the map for Sundale Town Looked rather boring and like there wasn't going to be much to do, so that got me thinking, how can I improve it.

One way I thought about was adding a cave to the map, who knows where it may lead, or what dangers may lie inside :P

Another way I made the map a bit more exciting was trying to bring it to life a little bit. So I bring you, Sundale's Pokémon Battle area :P

The third way was the resident I added in, there will be many times where you may need to speak to this person about a past event.

He can be useful to find old fossils as well :D

He mentions Sullivan as well, why is that? Because believe it or not, the Legendary Dragon trainer was in fact born and raised in Sundale Town.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    OH could you be the ansestor of said dragon tamer?! Nah kiddin of course. By any chance did you reveal the region map as im completely forgetfful?

Waudby

I haven't revealed the region map because it's unfinished atm, I have it all planned I just haven't gotten round to make the full version, I have sketches etc of how I want it to look.

And nope, you're not the descendant of Sullivan, but he does play a part in one of the stories.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    In the top screenshot of your latest update, you forgot to add the treetop to the tree next to the frozen pond XD

The battle arena is a cute idea :3 Loving the snow tiles~ Keep it up, Waudby!

Waudby

In the top screenshot of your latest update, you forgot to add the treetop to the tree next to the frozen pond XD

The battle arena is a cute idea :3 Loving the snow tiles~ Keep it up, Waudby!

Yeah I did notice that after I uploaded the shot, this is now fixed :D

Amazing stuff Waudby, your newest screens really look great with the winter tiles.

Thanks a lot, I'm now working on some more maps to finalize Sundale Town.

The last thing I have to do for it is Sullivan's Cave, which brings me onto the next point I want to make.

Without giving away too much about it, I've completely given the old start up a revamp, no longer will you meet the professor to get your new Pokémon, the question side of the start up will take place in the intro along with name and gender etc.

Sullivan's Cave, as it suggests is a place to do with Sullivan, the Legendary Dragon trainer, it is also a site of archeological discovery, there are many floors to the cave with many of them being undiscovered with puzzles leading you onto your the next floor.

All I want to say about it is, the first floor is the Acheological Tour, which for a teenager is rather boring :P

Waudby

I've just finished updating the movement system to incorporate the Running Shoes, next will be surf and then bicycle and that's the majority of the movements finished.

I've also started to recode the battle system, I've got most of the graphics in place now, it's just the core battle engine to put it all together that needs working on now and then I'll hopefully have screenshots once my new Pokémon system is sorted out for calculating stats etc.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Great Job Waudby you've really made the most of my tiles and that's great to see. Its a shame when people use my tiles and just create the same maps from DP.

I will try to hopefully make the cave tiles soon but I just havent been able to sprite anything at all lately.

Waudby

Great Job Waudby you've really made the most of my tiles and that's great to see. Its a shame when people use my tiles and just create the same maps from DP.

I will try to hopefully make the cave tiles soon but I just havent been able to sprite anything at all lately.

Thanks a lot Kyle, that comment means a lot coming from you ^_^

I've found a lot of people use your tiles and don't try to add anything themselves, where as I try and put my own spice to the mix as well (usually failing :P)

I hope you get chance to sprite more soon, I really enjoy looking at your works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back