• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

I'm now focusing on the storyline ^_^

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    It looks interesting for the most part...

I'm simply curious on how you'll tie in the snowy climate for the beginning of the game :o In any case I love the snow tiles, and the plotline so far looks interesting :D Can't wait to see more~

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh nice screen. I see the characters of sinnoh moved to everglade to bust some evil organizations! Or are they not the same and have no connection to sinnoh what so ever?

Waudby

Oh nice screen. I see the characters of sinnoh moved to everglade to bust some evil organizations! Or are they not the same and have no connection to sinnoh what so ever?

You'll have to wait and see :P

Nah only joking, there have no direct link to the official games what so ever, the same as many fan games use FR/LG sprites etc.

I may try and get some custom overworlds, but at the moment, these do just fine ^_^

Waudby

A tip is, edit the Pokemon summary/party menu so it's a bit more original.

Most of what you see in the Party menu and summary screens are from the old version of the game, the new ones will be different and will hopefully be very original :D

This should hopefully spark some interest :P

Also the name of that Pokémon isn't 100% confirmed yet, so any suggestions will be taken, yes it's a fire fox Pokémon

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Impressive screenshots, Waudby! I like the idea of obtaining the Pokémon in the dark, let alone having the small ray of light that is in your view, which is quite original. The name of Pyrox is fine, it has an origin in its name, at least. :P

Anyway, I hope you continue with work on Odyssey, Waudby, it's getting a lot better!

Waudby

Fakemon are currently being developed for the game.

I don't want to say how many or many details about them, it wont be a complete Fakedex, but they will play a part in the storyline.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Aha so instead of getting your starters in some lab you go treasure hunting only to find the 3 region startes that belonged to sulivan and are his treasures?

Waudby

Aha so instead of getting your starters in some lab you go treasure hunting only to find the 3 region startes that belonged to sulivan and are his treasures?

Very nearly, but it's not quite as simple as that :P

It never is haha.

Waudby

I knew it. With you its never easy to guess. May i say that your attacked by a bunch of geodudes?

Nope, no geodudes ^_^

I don't wanna give many details about the story, I wanna keep it quite secret, I'll just say that the Starter Pokémon and Sullivan's Cave are linked, and Sullivan's Cave will also play an on going part of the game, you will be making quite a few journey's round the cave's inside.

Waudby

I wouldn't say that it's like the temple in phantom hourglass.

It plays less of a dominant role but more of a "hey you can do this here if you wanna and maybe you'll get something cool at the end"

It wont be a requirement to go back to the cave, except for one time but I wont spoil it, so dont worry, no walking back on forth in the cave XD

Waudby

Oh thank god! Otherwise i would have stopped supporting this game.

I'm glad I haven't let you down then :P

Just a small update on what I'm working on. I'm still working on the first part of the story when you get your Pokémon, I'd show you more screenshots, but all my graphics at the moment are place holders until I get the correct ones etc.

Let's just say this though, I've written 300 lines of code just for this one bit of the story.

Something tells me this storyline is going to be close to about 10 000 lines of coding :D

Waudby

It's set out in a good way so everything is clear to me.

I don't mind writing this much coding, I just wish more people would take an interest and post every now and then really.

I'm now making some music modules for the game so that when you play you're not bored without sound :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back