• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
You'll need to evolve the Cosmog you get; Cosmoem has a version-based evolution just like the vanilla games, but I switched what it evolves into in each version so that it becomes the opposite version's legendary instead (it should have been that way in the first place IMO). I'd suggest saving just before it hits level 53 though, as I haven't tested that particular evolution method so there's a small chance it won't work properly.

Sweet! What a cool idea you had in there! I'll try it later and update this post with the confirmation! Thanks!!!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 20, 2023
Thanks for the hack. I was looking for a version that would not change the stats of the Pokémon and increase the difficulty curve

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Hey great work.
Just a couple of things
Lycanroc has only one moveset in the lvl up document. Since there are three forms I wanted to know the different sets for all of them. Like lycanroc midnight learns dynamic punch and close combat as per the Pokemon changes doc but what level. Also, the rockruff I know are obtainable are own tempo ones for dusk and normal vital or Keen eye ones that can evolve into either midnight or midday. But can we obtain wild rock ruff with steadfast that can evolve into lycanroc with their hidden abilities. Cus the midnight forms new attacks seemed to be optimized around it gave no guard but I can't get it unless rock ruff is steadfast .

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey great work.
Just a couple of things
Lycanroc has only one moveset in the lvl up document. Since there are three forms I wanted to know the different sets for all of them. Like lycanroc midnight learns dynamic punch and close combat as per the Pokemon changes doc but what level. Also, the rockruff I know are obtainable are own tempo ones for dusk and normal vital or Keen eye ones that can evolve into either midnight or midday. But can we obtain wild rock ruff with steadfast that can evolve into lycanroc with their hidden abilities. Cus the midnight forms new attacks seemed to be optimized around it gave no guard but I can't get it unless rock ruff is steadfast .
Hey, thanks!
The other Lycanroc forms do have level up moves listed in the documents, they're just not named very well as I left the names the way pk3DS generated them. Lycanroc Midnight is "Lycanroc 1" and Dusk is "Lycanroc 2".

Hidden abilities for all wild Pokemon can be obtained in the usual way via SOS chaining; there should be plenty of guides around explaining how to do that if you're not familiar with the process.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
I have a doubt: If i have a pokémon ultra sun/ultra moon installed (.cia) and a save game with completed game, can I install this hack with no problem or losses in my original ultra sun / ultra moon game?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I have a doubt: If i have a pokémon ultra sun/ultra moon installed (.cia) and a save game with completed game, can I install this hack with no problem or losses in my original ultra sun / ultra moon game?
You can, but the hack will share the save file of your installed .cia copy, so you'll need to make a back up of your save file and then delete it in game before playing if you want to do a fresh playthrough with the hack. It can be uninstalled at any time and won't have any permanent effects once you restore your original save file from the backup.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 18, 2021
Hello! I'm following your citra installation guide. Currently I'm on Part Three - Step #6. I used the Hacking Toolkit to extract my update 1.2 cia file (which I downloaded from Ziperto) but some files that are shown in your screenshot are not congruent with mine. (ExractedExeFS, ExtractedRomFS, and HeaderExeFS.bin are all missing) If you know what my issue is, please let me know! Thanks! Excited to eventually play this hack!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 13, 2020
So i found a bug in Photonic Sun where if you try to buy stuff at PokéMart, the first time that you visit the Pokémon Centre with Lillie, the game hangs and you can do nothing. I tested with Prismatic Moon, the bug isn't present in it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello! I'm following your citra installation guide. Currently I'm on Part Three - Step #6. I used the Hacking Toolkit to extract my update 1.2 cia file (which I downloaded from Ziperto) but some files that are shown in your screenshot are not congruent with mine. (ExractedExeFS, ExtractedRomFS, and HeaderExeFS.bin are all missing) If you know what my issue is, please let me know! Thanks! Excited to eventually play this hack!
Hey, those files are pretty much the entire update, so either that update cia is a bad dump or the version of the hacking toolkit you're using isn't working on your PC. It's a very unreliable tool; some versions will work for some people and others won't. I'd suggest trying to find another copy of the update cia first, and if that doesn't fix the problem, try different versions of the hacking toolkit.

So i found a bug in Photonic Sun where if you try to buy stuff at PokéMart, the first time that you visit the Pokémon Centre with Lillie, the game hangs and you can do nothing. I tested with Prismatic Moon, the bug isn't present in it.
Thanks for reporting this! Is the bug happening in the rebalanced or standard version of Photonic Sun?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 1, 2020
Right, has anyone managed to nuzlocke this?

I have got to the Lurantis and failed miserable (hedged all my bets on a z-move that got protected). But now I'm learning of an ultra necrozma at lvl100 that has Naganadel as its ally - their move spread is insane! Anyone have any suggestions for how to combat these bad boys?

Also, where do people stand on island scan? A gaurenteed Aegislash/Metagross sure would be sweet against ultra necrozma (even though the Naganadel has flamethrower).

Great hack btw, loving the challenge. Haven't enjoyed a pokemon game more than this, despite this being my 6th play through and I haven't got past the 2nd island!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
The PokéMart bug happens in the Rebalanced version. Haven't tried the Standard version.
Hey, I can't replicate the bug on Citra or a 3DS. You might have a mismatched shop.cro file causing the problem (either an earlier version or one from Ultra Moon).

Right, has anyone managed to nuzlocke this?

I have got to the Lurantis and failed miserable (hedged all my bets on a z-move that got protected). But now I'm learning of an ultra necrozma at lvl100 that has Naganadel as its ally - their move spread is insane! Anyone have any suggestions for how to combat these bad boys?

Also, where do people stand on island scan? A gaurenteed Aegislash/Metagross sure would be sweet against ultra necrozma (even though the Naganadel has flamethrower).

Great hack btw, loving the challenge. Haven't enjoyed a pokemon game more than this, despite this being my 6th play through and I haven't got past the 2nd island!

The easiest way to deal with Ultra Necrozma is just to Destiny Bond it on turn one before it can do too much damage (If you're lucky enough to get something that learns it of course). Otherwise Toxic + Protect can work, or Focus Sash + a move that removes its stat boosts can make it manageable. Once it's down you should be able to handle Naganadel.

Not sure what the general opinion on Island scan in a nuzlocke is but I'd definitely allow it.

And thanks for the kind words! Good to hear you're enjoying the hack so far; best of luck with your Nuzlocke!

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2023
Can you get both Lunala and Solgaleo? Or you will you have trade one of them from another game?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Can you get both Lunala and Solgaleo? Or you will you have trade one of them from another game?
You can get both, Cosmoem will evolve into the opposite version's legendary instead of another of the one you already have.

Years
Is it possible to add Mega Stones to the game that were only available via Mystery Gift? I'm playing on Citra, and MG isn't an option due to no network capability, and my Ampharos, Selene is my team's designated Mega-evolver. Also, great hack so far, I'm almost to Olivia, and it's really fun and polished!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 20, 2023
hello, I was trying to fix up the update file for my copy, but it didn't seem to work right, does anyone have a functional version I could use?
I'm using Citra nightly

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is it possible to add Mega Stones to the game that were only available via Mystery Gift? I'm playing on Citra, and MG isn't an option due to no network capability, and my Ampharos, Selene is my team's designated Mega-evolver. Also, great hack so far, I'm almost to Olivia, and it's really fun and polished!
Every Mega Stone is available at the Battle Tree in USUM, but if you want to be able to mega evolve before the post game you can use pkHex to give yourself an Ampharosite and the mega ring. Note that you'll also need to set a flag in your save to make the ring work; there should be plenty of guides around explaining how to do this, but if not, let me know and I'll make one.

Glad you're enjoying the hack so far!

hello, I was trying to fix up the update file for my copy, but it didn't seem to work right, does anyone have a functional version I could use?
I'm using Citra nightly
Is there a certain step you're having trouble with? I'm not sure what Pokecommunity's stance on sharing entire game updates is, but most sites seem to treat them the same as full game ROMs, so I assume we're not allowed to share them here.

Years
Ah ok. I forgot that was an addition. my bad, I've never made it to the battle tree in any previous playthroughs. Thanks for the advice on the mega ring and the save flag, I'll make sure to remember that when the time comes.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
Can I find or evolve Cosmoem to Lunala in Ultra Sun? If it isn't posso bl, how to obtain the opposite legendary in this hack version?

Last edited:
Back