• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Can I find or evolve Cosmoem to Lunala in Ultra Sun? If it isn't posso bl, how to obtain the opposite legendary in this hack version?
Yeah, you can get Cosmoem by evolving Cosmog, which you get in the same place/way as the vanilla game. I can't remember exactly what that way is but it's a post game thing in the lake of the sunne/moone, any USUM walkthrough or guide will have the details. Once you've got it Cosmoem will evolve into Lunala in Ultra Sun or Solgaleo in Ultra Moon.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
Yeah, you can get Cosmoem by evolving Cosmog, which you get in the same place/way as the vanilla game. I can't remember exactly what that way is but it's a post game thing in the lake of the sunne/moone, any USUM walkthrough or guide will have the details. Once you've got it Cosmoem will evolve into Lunala in Ultra Sun or Solgaleo in Ultra Moon.

Ah, ok. But about evolving Cosmoem to Lunala in Ultra Sun Hack version, is it possible? Because I want to complete pokedex.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Ah, ok. But about evolving Cosmoem to Lunala in Ultra Sun Hack version, is it possible? Because I want to complete pokedex.
It is; I swapped Cosmoem's evolutions around so that it will evolve into Lunala in Ultra Sun. I'm 99% sure it works but haven't tested it, so it might be a good idea to save your game right before it evolves just in case it doesn't.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
It is; I swapped Cosmoem's evolutions around so that it will evolve into Lunala in Ultra Sun. I'm 99% sure it works but haven't tested it, so it might be a good idea to save your game right before it evolves just in case it doesn't.

Thanks a lot! I'll try.

Years
So quick info: It's Sunday at the time of this message, and 5pm, and it's raining IRL. I legitimately thought that it was raining in Malie City because it was raining IRL, cause I didn't realize it has it's own rain schedule. I thought my system was tracking current weather, and Citra was using that to determine weather in-game. I was so confused, yet curious.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Hi buffel! May I ask you a question about Poni Plains? Are SOS calls on there? Because I'm trying to farm Blissey, and she doesnt call any friends, even with an Adrenaline Orb.

I checked your documentation, and you didn't put any spots about SOS calls. Can I confirm there are no sos calls on there?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks a lot! I'll try.
No problem! Please let me know if it doesn't work so I can fix it.
So quick info: It's Sunday at the time of this message, and 5pm, and it's raining IRL. I legitimately thought that it was raining in Malie City because it was raining IRL, cause I didn't realize it has it's own rain schedule. I thought my system was tracking current weather, and Citra was using that to determine weather in-game. I was so confused, yet curious.
That would definitely be an interesting feature for an emulator to have, but it wouldn't be very accurate to the hardware.
Hi buffel! May I ask you a question about Poni Plains? Are SOS calls on there? Because I'm trying to farm Blissey, and she doesnt call any friends, even with an Adrenaline Orb.

I checked your documentation, and you didn't put any spots about SOS calls. Can I confirm there are no sos calls on there?
Hey James! There are SOS calls on the plains, but Blissey has a 0% call rate, like many other fully evolved three stage Pokemon. That's absolutely something that needs to be changed though, as SOS Blissey was meant to be an easy EXP farm there. I'll try to get that done this week; it's about time my 3DS hacks were updated anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was wondering if there was a way to see where Pokemon are located in the wild?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I was wondering if there was a way to see where Pokemon are located in the wild?
As in in game? There's no national Pokedex, so no way I could show that. Otherwise all the Pokemon locations are listed in the documentation that comes with the hack.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 1, 2020
Hey, I can't replicate the bug on Citra or a 3DS. You might have a mismatched shop.cro file causing the problem (either an earlier version or one from Ultra Moon).

The easiest way to deal with Ultra Necrozma is just to Destiny Bond it on turn one before it can do too much damage (If you're lucky enough to get something that learns it of course). Otherwise Toxic + Protect can work, or Focus Sash + a move that removes its stat boosts can make it manageable. Once it's down you should be able to handle Naganadel.

Not sure what the general opinion on Island scan in a nuzlocke is but I'd definitely allow it.

And thanks for the kind words! Good to hear you're enjoying the hack so far; best of luck with your Nuzlocke!

Thanks for the reply! Can I get totem Vikavolt in prismatic moon or just togedemaru?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 25, 2020
Is there any point to the Gold Bottle Caps being so early in the hack? You can't use them without the training NPC or being Level 100. Am I missing something?

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Hey James! There are SOS calls on the plains, but Blissey has a 0% call rate, like many other fully evolved three stage Pokemon. That's absolutely something that needs to be changed though, as SOS Blissey was meant to be an easy EXP farm there. I'll try to get that done this week; it's about time my 3DS hacks were updated anyway.

Yes yes yes those are fantastic news. I'll impatiently await for a new update. Thanks for keeping up this fantastic work is amazing the sheer amount of work and keeping updating with the feedback of the community? Puffff. Seriously is amazing

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
Man, how can I access national dex in this hack version? I know that national dex is only available in poke Bank in original versions.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for the reply! Can I get totem Vikavolt in prismatic moon or just togedemaru?
No problem! The gift totems are unchanged apart from their level, so it'll just be Togedemaru in prismatic moon.

Is there any point to the Gold Bottle Caps being so early in the hack? You can't use them without the training NPC or being Level 100. Am I missing something?
Nah there's no point at all, at that stage in the game I'd just run out of other things to put in the marts so that's where the bottle caps wound up.

Yes yes yes those are fantastic news. I'll impatiently await for a new update. Thanks for keeping up this fantastic work is amazing the sheer amount of work and keeping updating with the feedback of the community? Puffff. Seriously is amazing
Thanks! I'm just happy the community likes these hacks enough to give me all this great feedback. The update might be a little delayed as the power supply on my PC just died, but that will be sorted tomorrow (as long as that's the only problem with it).

Man, how can I access national dex in this hack version? I know that national dex is only available in poke Bank in original versions.
It's still that way in the hack unfortunately. Expanding the Pokedex was tricky in the older games, so it's unlikely I'll be able to add a national dex any time soon.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
No problem! The gift totems are unchanged apart from their level, so it'll just be Togedemaru in prismatic moon.

Nah there's no point at all, at that stage in the game I'd just run out of other things to put in the marts so that's where the bottle caps wound up.

Thanks! I'm just happy the community likes these hacks enough to give me all this great feedback. The update might be a little delayed as the power supply on my PC just died, but that will be sorted tomorrow (as long as that's the only problem with it).

It's still that way in the hack unfortunately. Expanding the Pokedex was tricky in the older games, so it's unlikely I'll be able to add a national dex any time soon.

So, we can't se national dex if we don't access pokebank?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
good day sir.
can you helf me? what is the meaning of "rain SOS"? to get greninja

thanks 😀

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 5, 2020
Good day/evening. I was hoping you could assist me. I seem to be unable to get your hack working. I have downloaded the rebalanced version of Moon, but when I launch the game (using Citra) all I get is a black screen. The "speed" briefly goes to 9% then ends up at 0% with no activity. I followed all the steps in the hack guide without issue; I even did it a few times to be safe. I also checked the original ROM and it's working. I am kinda stumped on how to solve this :/
So either I am doing something wrong, or the files you have uploaded are somehow corrupt.. Or some obscure third reason? I honestly don't know

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023

As long as you can "hack" a national dex in the future Sword and Shield versions, then no problem in delaying this haha.....haha....ha....ah men the franchise is living a truly very sad moment. I'll stick with Eternal X, Rising Ruby and Prismatic Moon for a very long time in the meantime, so I can negate the reality, but damn what a disgrace. So thanks for allowing me deny the reality haha

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
So, we can't se national dex if we don't access pokebank?
Sadly yes.
good day sir.
can you helf me? what is the meaning of "rain SOS"? to get greninja
thanks 😀
Hi, that means you can only find Greninja as an ally Pokemon called in an SOS battle while it's raining.
Good day/evening. I was hoping you could assist me. I seem to be unable to get your hack working. I have downloaded the rebalanced version of Moon, but when I launch the game (using Citra) all I get is a black screen. The "speed" briefly goes to 9% then ends up at 0% with no activity. I followed all the steps in the hack guide without issue; I even did it a few times to be safe. I also checked the original ROM and it's working. I am kinda stumped on how to solve this :/
So either I am doing something wrong, or the files you have uploaded are somehow corrupt.. Or some obscure third reason? I honestly don't know
Hey, I'll be updating these hacks soon (hopefully in the next 48 hours), so I'll make sure the files aren't corrupt at the same time. Until then you could try unpacking a clean update file with the hacking toolkit, rebuilding it without modifying any files, then installing it in citra to see if the original ROM still works with the update installed. If it doesn't the issue is your version of hacking toolkit; it's very unreliable and only certain versions work for some people. If that doesn't fix the issue we can try something else once the hack is updated.
As long as you can "hack" a national dex in the future Sword and Shield versions, then no problem in delaying this haha.....haha....ha....ah men the franchise is living a truly very sad moment. I'll stick with Eternal X, Rising Ruby and Prismatic Moon for a very long time in the meantime, so I can negate the reality, but damn what a disgrace. So thanks for allowing me deny the reality haha
If only haha. I'll try to get the update done tomorrow, got everything working again today. From memory they'll include:
  • Better level up moves for Tropius and fairy types
  • Better everything for Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
  • Dark Pulse for Greninja by level up
  • Solid Rock for Torterra
I think that's everything I was supposed to add. Also open to other suggestions!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 5, 2020
Hey, I'll be updating these hacks soon (hopefully in the next 48 hours), so I'll make sure the files aren't corrupt at the same time. Until then you could try unpacking a clean update file with the hacking toolkit, rebuilding it without modifying any files, then installing it in citra to see if the original ROM still works with the update installed. If it doesn't the issue is your version of hacking toolkit; it's very unreliable and only certain versions work for some people. If that doesn't fix the issue we can try something else once the hack is updated.
I tried the original unhacked ROM with the hacked 1.2 update (didn't know how to unselect an update) and while I am fairly sure that would have caused problems in the game, it still managed to boot, which kinda rules out the CIA update as the culprit

Edit: Alright so now I tried properly removing the 1.2 CIA update. Same result: the original ROM boots, the hacked ROM does not. Your proposal gave me an idea, and I tried to decrypt the original ROM and then immediately repack it again without altering any files, and it turns out as a 2GB rom instead of the 4GB original. Since I didn't alter any files I am kinda stumped on where the other 2GB went. Obviously it will not boot, claiming a fatal error (so not the same issue as the hacked ROM that doesn't give any errors and is the correct 4GB size). I don't know if this is normal or maybe I have a corrupt version of the 3ds toolkit. Please advice :)

2nd Edit: I played around with my 1.2 CIA Update files. Turns out the original unhacked CIA supports a wrong region; Citra will remove the icon of the ROM (the original unhacked one in this case) and claim invalid region. Despite this it still boots (and I presume will also work during gameplay).
Ironically, the hacked CIA update based on the same file does not complain about any regional conflicts. It still boots, even with the unhacked ROM, but I don't know if this could cause some issues?

3rd Edit:
So to recap:
  • My original ROM is the correct size of 4.294GB. It boots with or without the 1.2 Update.
  • The hacked ROM is the exact same size but won't boot. Does not provide any errors, just gets stuck on a black screen when trying to boot with or without the 1.2 update
  • My original 1.2 CIA update claims regional conflicts with the ROM, yet still boots and presumably also works during gameplay
  • The hacked 1.2 CIA update does not claim regional conflicts despite being based on the same file as the original; still boots with the unhacked ROM. No difference on the hacked ROM
  • Extracting and immediately rebuilding the original ROM without altering any files leaves it as a corrupt ROM of a peculiar 2 GB size. Gives a fatal error when trying to boot.
  • Sidenote: I had to use the v10 hacking toolkit to make my update as the v9 didn't work. Seemingly no issues with the CIA hacking; everything points to the ROM hacking being the culprit

Last edited:
Back