• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    where can i buy ev berries?
    Pretty sure they're in the thrifty megamart on Akala Island. If not, it'll be listed in "Vendor Changes" document.
    at first i thought the intro was made that way, not gonna lie! (since, you know, PRISMATIC moon and it looks like, prism lol xD) but after when it started to crash, i guess some file get corrupted, i can only think that maybe it was some internal render file of citra of something hahaha.

i've just get into heahea island! and man, this is pretty hard compared with the pokemon standard difficulty, i'm havin' a lot of fun but still have to learn a lot about the iv's and ev's lol

BTW!! is there any dedicated citra room or something to play online with other pals? since some pokemons have modified movesets and the balances i bet is not safe to play on a USUM room ^^U
    Yeah it looked like some sort of shader error. At least it's working now though! I wouldn't worry too much about the details of EVs for this hack. Having max EVs in two stats is good enough for almost every Pokemon, so using berries to remove unnecessary EVs regularly will give you good EV spreads without much effort.

I don't know if there's a dedicated citra room for this hack, but yeah it wouldn't be a good idea to play with people using vanilla USUM games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2020
    Hi,

Same problem, hack works brilliantly except PokeMart freezes. I tried to follow the instructions and patch. No difference in save . You hardly need a new save file do you? (btw I've only had the hack a week so maybe I had the right version all along?

I'm not entirely sure the update as worked. I copied over those two files (werent there before). The shop.cro file is there now. Then go and reinstall then CIA file for Photonic Sun but the icon doesn't change. Go into the game and its the same as always and the marts still freeze.

any help?

ParaUwU

OwO
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Hey, quick question: I's there a method were traded Pokémon obedient me? Beacause the level curve of the hack is stupid for traded Pokémon... (sorry for my bad english, I use a translator >w<)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi,

Same problem, hack works brilliantly except PokeMart freezes. I tried to follow the instructions and patch. No difference in save . You hardly need a new save file do you? (btw I've only had the hack a week so maybe I had the right version all along?

I'm not entirely sure the update as worked. I copied over those two files (werent there before). The shop.cro file is there now. Then go and reinstall then CIA file for Photonic Sun but the icon doesn't change. Go into the game and its the same as always and the marts still freeze.

any help?
    Hi, you don't need a new save file to play the hack, it'll work with any vanilla save as well as saves from older versions.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you've done; a cia file for Photonic Sun isn't necessary. You can use an old one instead of a clean ROM if you're sure it was built properly, but many of the prebuilt ones found online weren't and don't work as a result. All you need is a clean copy of Ultra Sun, a clean copy of the 1.2 eshop update for it (which must be installed as a .cia), and the hack's files. The marts will freeze if you don't have the eshop update, because the hack is based on the shop.cro file from the update and won't work with the one found in a 1.0 ROM.

Hey, quick question: I's there a method were traded Pokémon obedient me? Beacause the level curve of the hack is stupid for traded Pokémon... (sorry for my bad english, I use a translator >w<)
    Hey, the only way is to use a save editor like PKHeX to change the Pokemon's trainer info to match yours. That way the game won't treat it as a traded Pokemon anymore and it'll obey. I couldn't change the obedience levels unfortunately, so traded Pokemon don't really work for most of the game.

ParaUwU

OwO
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Thank you!
    I will try this with my friends.
    We had to stop playing the hack because of this problem, so I am very happy that you responded!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    how does vanilluxe access power gem? it doesn't learn by lv up

Have you got the latest version? It definitely gets Power Gem by level up:
    Spoiler:

Vanillish evolves at 37 in the hack, so it won't miss out on learning the move (as long as you raise it from a Vanillite caught in Seaward Cave).

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2020
    Hello, I'm trying to play the game on Citra but I cannot get any 60fps code to work, I've played Eternal X and it worked fine.
    Do you have any solution for this problem? I absolutely despise how slow the game feels at 30fps, unlocking the speed limit via Citra also speeds up the music which I'd like to avoid.
    Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello, I'm trying to play the game on Citra but I cannot get any 60fps code to work, I've played Eternal X and it worked fine.
    Do you have any solution for this problem? I absolutely despise how slow the game feels at 30fps, unlocking the speed limit via Citra also speeds up the music which I'd like to avoid.
    Thanks.
    Hey, I haven't had any luck getting that cheat to work either. Always thought it was just an issue with the game's poor performance, but that can't be it if unlocking the speed limit lets it run faster. Sorry I couldn't help!

Danvex203

Toge-lover
    Years
  • Hey there, Buffel. I'm a huge fan of your hacks and I've been playing Photonic Sun from a couple of months now.
    First off, thank you for your effort on this hack; sun and moon are some of my favorite games on the series and them putting up a challenge is really, really wholesome. That said, I beg you, please make Parasect a Bug/Ghost type and thus make them learn Shadow Claw, maybe it could be usable, after all... Anyway, thank you once again. Take care!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey there, Buffel. I'm a huge fan of your hacks and I've been playing Photonic Sun from a couple of months now.
    First off, thank you for your effort on this hack; sun and moon are some of my favorite games on the series and them putting up a challenge is really, really wholesome. That said, I beg you, please make Parasect a Bug/Ghost type and thus make them learn Shadow Claw, maybe it could be usable, after all... Anyway, thank you once again. Take care!

Hey! Thanks for the kind words; happy to hear you're enjoying my hacks! It would be pretty cool to have a Bug/Ghost type with more than one HP, and I see the reasoning behind that change. I'll definitely consider it (though I think it'd be more fitting for an evolved form of Parasect).

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    So only Event Shaymin can change form right? I tried using Gracidea got from Hau'oli city mall on it but got no luck.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So only Event Shaymin can change form right? I tried using Gracidea got from Hau'oli city mall on it but got no luck.
    Yeah, it has to be a fateful encounter. AFAIK I can't make it appear that way by editing the game files, so it has to be done with a save editor. I think checking the fateful encounter box in PKHeX should be enough to make it work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    Yeah, it has to be a fateful encounter. AFAIK I can't make it appear that way by editing the game files, so it has to be done with a save editor. I think checking the fateful encounter box in PKHeX should be enough to make it work.
    Thank you for your reply. Though it could be better if I can get sky forme Shaymin without the help of a save editor, your hacks are still awesome. Keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Hey, I don't know whether it is only happening to me or if I missed something but the standard version zip file doesn't seem to contain the ips file, could you perhaps look into that for me?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thank you for your reply. Though it could be better if I can get sky forme Shaymin without the help of a save editor, your hacks are still awesome. Keep up the good work.
    Yeah it'd definitely be better not to need a save editor. Glad you're still enjoying my hacks though!
    hey, I don't know whether it is only happening to me or if I missed something but the standard version zip file doesn't seem to contain the ips file for me, could you perhaps look into that for me?
    Hey, sorry that's a mistake in the guide. The standard versions don't need the code.ips patch, so you can ignore that part of the guide. Will get that fixed ASAP.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Heyo it's me, back with giving some ideas for Pokemon buffs, so that the more forgettable mons get some love they deserve, and today I got a bit of a theme going on, with it being about two Pokemon that could be pictured going around in summer time:

- Change Sunflora from pure Grass to Grass/Fire, grant it some fire moves, and possibly replace its hidden ability, Early Bird, with Drought. Sunflora is a Pokemon that is heavily known to be associated with the sun, with it being a sunflower in design, it living off of sunlight and becoming more active during the day, both of its regular abilities requiring sunny weather to be used, and it learning a couple sun-using moves (like Solar Beam, Morning Sun, and the hack-given Weather Ball), so why not go one step ahead and grant it the type that gets the most use out of sun, which is Fire? It would also give Sunflora more reasons to stand out from its Grass type competition.

- Give Bellossom access to Fiery Dance and possibly even Lunar Dance, and also decreasing its Attack for a different stat (maybe split it between Defense and Special Defense, similar to Vileplume). Even in the rom hack, Bellossom is kinda overshadowed by Vileplume even after gaining Dancer, due to Vileplume having the secondary Poison type, and gaining a big load of stat buffs. These changes would give Bellossom its own identity, and would let it at least able to not be completely eclypsed by its Gen 1 counterpart.
    originally i also wanted to give bellossom grass/fairy type but considering how many fucking grass/fairy types there are already i gave up on that

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Heyo it's me, back with giving some ideas for Pokemon buffs, so that the more forgettable mons get some love they deserve, and today I got a bit of a theme going on, with it being about two Pokemon that could be pictured going around in summer time:

- Change Sunflora from pure Grass to Grass/Fire, grant it some fire moves, and possibly replace its hidden ability, Early Bird, with Drought. Sunflora is a Pokemon that is heavily known to be associated with the sun, with it being a sunflower in design, it living off of sunlight and becoming more active during the day, both of its regular abilities requiring sunny weather to be used, and it learning a couple sun-using moves (like Solar Beam, Morning Sun, and the hack-given Weather Ball), so why not go one step ahead and grant it the type that gets the most use out of sun, which is Fire? It would also give Sunflora more reasons to stand out from its Grass type competition.
    - Give Bellossom access to Fiery Dance and possibly even Lunar Dance, and also decreasing its Attack for a different stat (maybe split it between Defense and Special Defense, similar to Vileplume). Even in the rom hack, Bellossom is kinda overshadowed by Vileplume even after gaining Dancer, due to Vileplume having the secondary Poison type, and gaining a big load of stat buffs. These changes would give Bellossom its own identity, and would let it at least able to not be completely eclypsed by its Gen 1 counterpart.
    originally i also wanted to give bellossom grass/fairy type but considering how many fucking grass/fairy types there are already i gave up on that
    Those would definitely be interesting changes! Not sure if Drought would be broken with that typing or if it'd just be decent on Sunflora; might have to try it out and see. Those Bellossom changes sound good, I'll add them in some time.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2021
    Heya! Just wanted to thank you for Photonic Sun, it's really awesome! (Playing the Rebalanced version.) In case you're still working on this hack, what about Water/Dragon Lugia? Or atleast Water/Flying, since I think Psychic is a bit of a silly choice. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Back