• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
Buffel, I apologize again for the question, but: In the Level Up Moves document/text, there are moves that are "learned" at level 0. What does that mean? Are those the moves that a Pokemon will try to learn if they evolve?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Wait, do Mega Evolved Pokemon actually just not pull from the original Pokemon's learnsets?
If so, that's absolutely bizzare, but also makes sense.
Yep they've got their own separate learnsets (which are always exactly the same as the base form), complete with move reminder and evo moves they can't even access. I'm not sure if it's some limitation of the archive format they're stored in or if it's just potato code, but either way it's really annoying to work with. The worst one is Minior, which has separate level up moves for both forms of every colour, so that's 14 copies of the exact same moveset.
Buffel, I apologize again for the question, but: In the Level Up Moves document/text, there are moves that are "learned" at level 0. What does that mean? Are those the moves that a Pokemon will try to learn if they evolve?
Hey don't worry about it, and yep those are evolution moves.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
Hey don't worry about it, and yep those are evolution moves.

Thank you! Are these moves relearnable through the Move Reminder?

Also, if I give myself an early access to mega evolution through a save editor, should I later make sure to undo this action before Dexio officially gives me the key stone in the post game? Or is it okay to just leave it checked? It won't cause errors later with Dexio?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you! Are these moves relearnable through the Move Reminder?

Also, if I give myself an early access to mega evolution through a save editor, should I later make sure to undo this action before Dexio officially gives me the key stone in the post game? Or is it okay to just leave it checked? It won't cause errors later with Dexio?
No problem! Yes they can be relearned.

It's ok to leave it checked, the game will just set the flag again, which won't do anything.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Hey Buffel, thanks for the hack. I've been playing through recently and have been enjoying it quite a bit. It's been a lot of fun seeing all the changes made in the Rebalanced version; a lot of care must have gone into it. It appears that you're fairly active on keeping the hack updated and answering questions here, and that's appreciated.
Anyways, needless (but sincere) flattery out of the way, I think I noticed an error. I'm playing Photonic Sun. In the documentation for Dulse's fourth battle in Vast Poni Canyon, it lists Naganadel with a Focus Sash. Since it went down in one hit, I double checked that Trainer in pk3DS, and it appears to actually hold a Life Orb.
Checking Sash.png
It seems like Soliera has the correct documentation, and that the error also exists in the Standard version's documentation.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey Buffel, thanks for the hack. I've been playing through recently and have been enjoying it quite a bit. It's been a lot of fun seeing all the changes made in the Rebalanced version; a lot of care must have gone into it. It appears that you're fairly active on keeping the hack updated and answering questions here, and that's appreciated.
Anyways, needless (but sincere) flattery out of the way, I think I noticed an error. I'm playing Photonic Sun. In the documentation for Dulse's fourth battle in Vast Poni Canyon, it lists Naganadel with a Focus Sash. Since it went down in one hit, I double checked that Trainer in pk3DS, and it appears to actually hold a Life Orb.
View attachment 98106
It seems like Soliera has the correct documentation, and that the error also exists in the Standard version's documentation.
You're welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying it! I did try to make sure all the Pokémon and move changes made at least some sense flavor-wise, and tried not to go overboard with most of them.

Thanks for letting me know about this, that's definitely an error with the documents. I should have some time to fix it (along with Mega Pidgeot's level up moves) in the next couple of days.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Found a bug with the Gladion fight. You didn't put the Porygon-Z's moves in the proper order for Z-Conversion to work properly. Conversion changes the Pokemon's type into the same type as the move in its first moveslot. Since that move is Conversion, a normal type move, Z-Conversion fails since it's already normal type. Still gets the stat buffs, but no type change.

Should be simple enough to just rearrange its moveset to have Ice Beam or Thunderbolt first, unless that was intentional to keep it normal type?

I also noticed that Conversion failed like in this post for Gladion's Mount Lanakila fight(s). Since this was not changed in the June update, and you're about to push an update, I figured I could put a reminder out there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey Buffel! Will we see the long-awaited I******** Emerald pokethread drop this week?!
Hey! Yes I think so. There's one more feature I want to try implementing today but other than that it's all ready to go!
I also noticed that Conversion failed like in this post for Gladion's Mount Lanakila fight(s). Since this was not changed in the June update, and you're about to push an update, I figured I could put a reminder out there.
Oh thanks for the reminder, will do something about it in the next update!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
Buffel, the 'Pokemon Changes' document says that Pin Missile is a new move Cloyster can learn. At what level does Cloyster learn it though? I ask because I cannot find this info in the 'Level Up Moves, Rebalanced' document.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Buffel, the 'Pokemon Changes' document says that Pin Missile is a new move Cloyster can learn. At what level does Cloyster learn it though? I ask because I cannot find this info in the 'Level Up Moves, Rebalanced' document.
Seems it doesn't learn it at all, but it should. Will add that to the list of things to fix, thanks for letting me know!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I can't do that as it's against the site's rules and also illegal. The hack will work with any version of Ultra Sun, provided it's not broken in some way. The title isn't changing because it's not supposed to, and the docs don't say it should; I suggest that you try launching the game to see if it's working or not.

Nvm, I didn't realize it was just done in Kikui's speech and not the title screen. I read that he said "Welcome to Photonic Sun" instead of "Welcome to the World of Pokemon". Thanks anyway 😁

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Hey Buffel. I installed Homebrew on my 3ds yesterday and installed the Rebalanced version of Photonic Sun just now (saving my Pokemon from my vanilla Ultra Sun copy in PKSM's storage.) I'm wondering, are the version-exclusive clothes no longer version-exclusive? If not, then how will I be able to get the Ultra Moon exclusive clothing? I'm asking because I wanna have a full wardrobe for my female character.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey Buffel. I installed Homebrew on my 3ds yesterday and installed the Rebalanced version of Photonic Sun just now (saving my Pokemon from my vanilla Ultra Sun copy in PKSM's storage.) I'm wondering, are the version-exclusive clothes no longer version-exclusive? If not, then how will I be able to get the Ultra Moon exclusive clothing? I'm asking because I wanna have a full wardrobe for my female character.
Hey, the version exclusive clothes are still version exclusive sadly. I think there are a couple of options to get around that though:
  • Load your save on Ultra Moon, buy all the version exclusives, switch back to Ultra Sun (or keep playing in Ultra Moon if you have all the Ultra Sun clothes). This won't work if any of the clothes are one-time gifts though, as they'll only be obtainable once per save.
  • Use PKHeX to edit your save file. I'm pretty sure it can unlock all the clothes somehow, but It's been a while since I've used it so I'm not certain.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
There was a way to use PKHeX. I also used PKHeX to get all 3 Alola starters, a good set of Festival Plaza facilities, and all the Poké Beans i will ever need. My planned team is Decidueye (my actual starter), Incineroar, Primarina, Lucario (my mega), Xatu and Vikavolt
EDIT:i forgot i also used PKHeX to level my team atm to level 25
EDIT 2: I didn't read the Pokemon Locations document thoroughly, so i didn't know i could find the 1st evolved forms of the Alola starters on Poni Island...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
There was a way to use PKHeX. I also used PKHeX to get all 3 Alola starters, a good set of Festival Plaza facilities, and all the Poké Beans i will ever need. My planned team is Decidueye (my actual starter), Incineroar, Primarina, Lucario (my mega), Xatu and Vikavolt
EDIT:i forgot i also used PKHeX to level my team atm to level 25
EDIT 2: I didn't read the Pokemon Locations document thoroughly, so i didn't know i could find the 1st evolved forms of the Alola starters on Poni Island...
Nice! Probably better that you've edited the other starters in as you'd be waiting a long time to get them otherwise.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I'm just past Lana's trial. That Totem was hard... I had to use Roto-Boosts to boost my Brionne's defenses and speed 2 stages so she could tank the onslaught easier. I wasted a lot of Super Potions keeping her healthy, but she was at max special attack when I beat the totem (I gave her Berserk)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I'm just past Lana's trial. That Totem was hard... I had to use Roto-Boosts to boost my Brionne's defenses and speed 2 stages so she could tank the onslaught easier. I wasted a lot of Super Potions keeping her healthy, but she was at max special attack when I beat the totem (I gave her Berserk)
Congrats on beating the totem! Good to see Berserk being useful!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
Hello, I wanted to suggest a little change to a trainer and two Pokemon, to make both of those a little bit more unique:

- First Pokemon, give Stantler a higher Special Attack to let it make use of its surprisingly nice special movepool, allowing more potential playstyles with the honestly kinda boring Pokemon, even after the buffs that you have given to it already.
Spoiler:

- Second Pokemon, change Volbeat's type to Bug/Electric and changing its movepool to support that, due to its firefly/lightning bug influence being a lot more clear, as well as allowing it to differentiate itself a bit more from Illumise (because honestly Illumise does not strike me as a firefly/lightning bug at all, what does it even have to make it one).
- Third mon time, that being potentially moving the defense buff from Rampardos over to speed. Rampardos is already almost never going to take a single hit, due to its horrible special defense, and defensive typing not being that good for that defense. Moving that defense over to its speed could allow it to use that monstrous physical attack to potential good use, and maybe allow it to get a niche of its own, rather than being just a worse Tyrantrum, which you can get at the exact same time as Rampardos.

And now for the trainer change:
- Replace Dulse's Nihilego in the final battle against him with a Guzzlord. Currently that boy has type overlap thanks to him having both his Naganadel and the Nihilego, that and Nihilego already had a major moment given to it, that being the encounter at Aether Paradise, as well as Guzzlord not being used at all by any other trainer in the game. Giving him access to Guzzlord could finally give the edgy Snorlax a tiny bit of love.

Oh and also, how is progress going on your Emerald rom hack? Remember reading how it's getting close to completion, so I kinda wanna know if there's any updates on that.

Back